Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Last season was a real tour de force, excellent guest characters and an engaging plotline. It had real impact. I'm not surprised this season is a bit underwhelming in comparison. I do hope the time travel plot is done soon, and the next pod has a bit more meat to it. I do like the actors playing Kasius and Sinara but the other ones have been dull to say the least. I guess budgets won't stretch to actors of John Hannah s calibre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like one pod, even if it's short, to be The Team Goes on Vacation.

Maybe throw a funny mystery in there too, just to keep the plot moving.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I think I'd like for Season 6 to be the finale. Not because I dislike the show or what's happening now, but because the trajectory being as it is has raised the stakes so gradually higher that a definitive blowoff into a happy ending in what's considered the general "finish line" season would be really cool, and I'm starting to think about how they're going to stick the overall landing. Not a lot of TV shows have good series finales, they either drop short of the best payoff or they overstay their welcome.

That, and with this season dealing with planetary apocalypse and next season airing between the releases of Avengers 3 and 4, I don't know what else there is to do.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

Oh, I like that much better than my earlier prediction.

Pod2 - SHIELD fights Graviton. Flint saves the day geokinetically.

Pod3 - Kassius shows up to "welcome" Earth to Galactic Society (or whatever to fool people). SHIELD sees through that poo poo and fight Kassius, Sinara, and possibly Graviton if he's still alive after Pod2.

Considering we are nearly half way through the season, it's unlikely we are going to get a 3 pod structure. This interview implies that there are going to be 2. http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/30/agents-of-shield-season-5-space-spoilers/

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

twistedmentat posted:

The whole "He may have been your father, but he was never your daddy!" style thing. I remember Paul Atredies and Sierra are Daisy's actual parents.

I'm kind of amazed that Paul Atreides is your first point of reference for FBI Agent Dale Cooper. Like referring to Scarlett Johansson as "the girl from Ghost World."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xealot posted:

I'm kind of amazed that Paul Atreides is your first point of reference for FBI Agent Dale Cooper. Like referring to Scarlett Johansson as "the girl from Ghost World."

That's a weird way to talk about The Captain.

Haha, just jokin', it's our pal Cal, who ensures that the Spice flows.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xealot posted:

Better than remembering her from Home Alone 3

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Could be worse, could have referred to him as [that one character from Sex and the City, I wanna say...Charlotte?]'s husband.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mymla posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this is easily the worst season so far?

For me, I like the concept/theory/talk behind it more than watching it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xealot posted:

Did you not see my username?

Or the guy who had sex with Jesse Spano in the pool in Showgirls.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OB_Juan posted:

I want one episode.

"May tries to relax."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

I want one episode.

"May tries to relax."

Aida tried that. It doesn't work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

Aida tried that. It doesn't work.

Because someone was trying to force it on her. I just want 42 minutes of May trying to sit on her couch and read a book.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Xealot posted:

Showgirls is my point of reference for him..

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm now imagining Cal as the Mayor of Portland, and it's the best thing.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

twistedmentat posted:

Did you not see my username?

I glossed over it. I hope you're as excited for Villeneuve's movie as I am.

Whoever said many pages ago that they should've made more interesting set color choices this season was very correct. The number of gunmetal grey corridors is making it so monotonous...I mean, it serves the story, with how miserable the setting is supposed to be, but I can't wait for them to be off this space station. The future sucks...the point has been made.

Not that they have the budget, but all the insane Kirby poo poo in Thor: Ragnarok was really great and even the palest of imitations would've been cool as hell.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rhyno posted:

Because someone was trying to force it on her. I just want 42 minutes of May trying to sit on her couch and read a book.

Breaking Bad already proved it can work in that episode which was pretty much just Walter White trying to catch a fly.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhyno posted:

There was that one episode where she was playing golf with her father

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

42 mins of Coulson reading to her.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Surprised for all the hate this arc. It's actually picked up, I'd say it's as strong as ever.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Surprised for all the hate this arc. It's actually picked up, I'd say it's as strong as ever.

Yeah, I'm digging it as well. But then I like weird, confusing time travel stuff as long as it's internally consistent. And once you realize they're grooving with the Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics it all hangs together fairly well.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I'm OK with this season since they stopped loving around and gave us Yo Yo all the time now.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I've been enjoying this season as well, and though sure I would like to see other locations than the bunker, not getting them in this pod doesn't spoil the show for me.

AoS' strength for me is that it really knows how to focus on taking a bunch of fun characters with good chemistry, throw them against a problem and show them punch/think their way through, and then have the next problem in the air by the time they finish. Especially the "think" part feels good, because the show is really good at frequently having the characters figure something already obvious to the audience out earlier than genre awareness would make you expect them to, so you never get stuck with the feeling that they are dumber than you.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Xealot posted:

Not that they have the budget, but all the insane Kirby poo poo in Thor: Ragnarok was really great and even the palest of imitations would've been cool as hell.
I think it might be a bit out of place, though. The movies seem to have established that space in the MCU really is that goofy and weird... but the show isn't happening in space. Not really. It's happening on/in/around Earth/its remains, which is still decidedly regular and boring.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why she's not been on Drunk History I'll never know.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BemCV8nnDXl/

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Are chronocoms something that AoS made up or is that from the comics?

Also, Chloe Bennett is a pro-follow on all the social medias. It's crazy how active she is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aleph Null posted:

Are chronocoms something that AoS made up or is that from the comics?

Also, Chloe Bennett is a pro-follow on all the social medias. It's crazy how active she is.

Her dog is pretty amazing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

I think SHIELD is dead beacause it's dead in the movies.

or maybe that's what they want you to think :tinfoil:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

It'd be worth it just for everyone to be like "surprise boss we're on our way to tahiti!" and coulson being all :stonk:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

Give me a few episodes of Hunter+Fitz globetrotting spy adventures pls

I don't think it's a coincidence that was probably my favorite episode of the season so far, since it was the closest thing we've gotten to a reprieve from the constant gloom of the Framework followed by the constant gloom of the future.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I don't think it's a coincidence that was probably my favorite episode of the season so far, since it was the closest thing we've gotten to a reprieve from the constant gloom of the Framework followed by the constant gloom of the future.

You know it's a bit too much when the episode where the main character is stuck in a prison for months without trial or charges is the reprieve from constant gloom.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I'd kill for Mack and Yo-Yo to take Flint to an amusement park or something and you get some humorous fish-out-of-water hijinks as Flint is bewildered by ice cream and entertainment.

Maybe have Deke go back with them and find out how Beer really tastes.

But I guess since I'm using a Monkey's Paw Flint would be captured or killed and Mack would be grieving or distraught for another half season while Daisy goes through terrible relationship drama with Deke.

Like I would want to see Fitz and Gemma solving completely mundane problems to do with their wedding and getting bored instantly. Hunter takes the boys on the world's wackiest bachelors party. But the writers would probably have Gemma explode into a bloody mist at the altar and only after ten episodes of grieving and insanity with the team looking at him with pity and anger does Fitz finally figure out it was a trick and Gemma is actually just imprisoned by Hydra on Torture Island.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 2, 2018

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I'd kill for Mack and Yo-Yo to take Flint to an amusement park or something and you get some humorous fish-out-of-water hijinks as Flint is bewildered by ice cream and entertainment.

Maybe have Deke go back with them and find out how Beer really tastes.

Like I would want to see Fitz and Gemma solving completely mundane problems to do with their wedding and getting bored instantlysolving mysteries.

Hunter takes the boys on the world's wackiest bachelors party.

This does sound like a great arc.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Hunter takes the boys on the world's wackiest bachelors party.

Plot twist: The stripper is Ward.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ojjeorago posted:

Plot twist: The stripper is Ward a Koenig.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
an entire line of patton oswalds doing the routine from The Full Monty

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Mack has been looking for a compelling reason to leave the team for awhile. I think raising surrogate son from a future apocalyptic timeline that doesn't exist anymore would qualify.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

bull3964 posted:

Mack has been looking for a compelling reason to leave the team for awhile. I think raising surrogate son from a future apocalyptic timeline that doesn't exist anymore would qualify.

Particularly an inhuman.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Habibi posted:

Particularly an inhuman.

"That kid is... an inhuman."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bull3964 posted:

I think we all know Flint is gonna die from the strain of holding the Earth together leaving us with a "Flint vs The Entire Planet" trolley problem