Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Is Falcone's daughter even a real Batman character, or was she made for the show? I don't think I've ever liked any of the OCs the show provides. Miss Falcone, Moony, Butch, Theo Galavan (before his resurrection), Barbara...The only one I like is Jerome, but really only because he's basically just The Joker in all but name.

Eh... TAS made up Harley. Let's not be too reliant on previous works or nothing new will ever happen.

Butch turned out to be someone familiar, but in retrospect, Ivy wasn't anybody I guess.

Gotham does it's own thing. It won't ask got with everyone. I liked Fish and I like Tabitha for being Cat's whip mentor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Bloop posted:

Eh... TAS made up Harley. Let's not be too reliant on previous works or nothing new will ever happen.

Butch turned out to be someone familiar, but in retrospect, Ivy wasn't anybody I guess.
Well, I suppose. But honestly overall TAS is better than Gotham is, and at this point I'm not gonna expect any exceptional OCs from this show. As for Butch, honestly I'm kind of disappointed with how Grundy is so far. Isn't he supposed to be far more dangerous than the one we have? All he's really done is fight at some low-end fight club and act has a bodyguard.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Sofia Falcone-Gigante is from the comics, but is so fundamentally different as to be an entirely different character.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Well, I suppose. But honestly overall TAS is better than Gotham is, and at this point I'm not gonna expect any exceptional OCs from this show. As for Butch, honestly I'm kind of disappointed with how Grundy is so far. Isn't he supposed to be far more dangerous than the one we have? All he's really done is fight at some low-end fight club and act has a bodyguard.

Grundy is canonically reborn over and over with RNG power levels and sometimes he's a real challenge for Superman. Fully unleashed Grundy in the Gotham world would probably be apocalyptic. Of course, there might be a Green Lantern to chuck him into space.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Just caught up.

Can Penguin please kill Little Miss Falcone now? She's almost as bad as Fish

I was expecting some kind of elaborate plot that proved her father was wrong and that she was ready to take over Gotham by force if she had to. Not sleeping with someone and giving someone else his mother's cooking.

I guess my problem isn't with her, it's just that everyone at the top of Gotham is apparently really dumb and she spent about a week tricking them by looking up "deceit" in the dictionary. I think even as dumb as the show can be sometimes all of the characters involved are better than that.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 3, 2017

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Speaking of Penguin killing people, did he just give up on avenging his mother? He doesn't seem to give a poo poo about Tabitha anymore.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I find it interesting Selina has become a pretty minor character now. She no longer has her own storylines, and is a minor character in the ones she's involved in.

And I'm really sick of Oswalds "Everyones out to get me, kill everyone Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" personality recently, but that was being pushed by Sofia, so hopefully it will calm down. I liked Victor with the RPG, he looked so happy using it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still like the show, but Pyg was the really fun part of this season so far, and the Jim crime-romance stuff is as lack-luster as it usually is. I don't know that it's necessarily the characters, but just that, uh, "normal" underworld stuff tends to be circular and samey. I'm looking forward to them dipping back into the loopy rogue's gallery instead of constant back and forth bickering among career criminals.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

If they were so insistent on bringing back crimelords aside from Penguin, why didn't they just use The Ventriloquist? He's a more recognizable Batman villain, way more interesting than Miss Falcone, and the poor guy is really underused in Batman media outside of the comics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I find it interesting Selina has become a pretty minor character now. She no longer has her own storylines, and is a minor character in the ones she's involved in.

Probably because they've split up her and Bruce so there's nobody around who treats her as an equal in her stories.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

Probably because they've split up her and Bruce so there's nobody around who treats her as an equal in her stories.

Yep, the focus on that storyline is completely on Barb, while fun, she just being crazy isn't enough to really support entire story lines.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sofia definitely iced her old man.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Sofia definitely iced her old man.

Agreed.

I just realized I really hope we don't lose Zsasz somehow over this. He's the loving best.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hey GCPD gets to do something other than be mercilessly slaughtered.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

I just realized I really hope we don't lose Zsasz somehow over this. He's the loving best.

like, Zsasz is going to loving destroy her at some point for this probably but I don't want the Victor Zsaasz ride to end.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Kill Bruce, make Alfred Batman.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Kill Bruce, make Alfred Batman.

Alfman

That preview - I don't want to wait.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I gotta say, not happy with how the season has gone so far. Grundy has been a waste, Pyg turned out to just be another one of Sofia's cronies which kind of ruined his craziness, Sofia herself being what appears to be the season villain when the character she's based on is so minor. Like someone people actually know and recognize should've been in her place. Not liking the rear end in a top hat Bruce plotline and I don't like how Barbara is probably gonna be an even bigger part of the second half of the season. Pyg was the only thing I liked in the season, and that Penguin finally regrew his spine after the third season ground it to dust.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 9, 2017

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
rear end in a top hat Bruce is way more believable than regular Bruce.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Cryohazard posted:

rear end in a top hat Bruce is way more believable than regular Bruce.

I do like rear end in a top hat Bruce. But Sofia is hot garbage, and she managed to drag Zsasz down with her

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't think who this show is for, it's certainly not for people who like Batman, so for people who like silly police and gangster shows?

I actually expected Bruce at the end to say to Alfred "I'm trying to create the image of a spoiled playboy so no one will guess that i'm really a punching criminals in a bat costume", but nope, its just dumb.

I did like the cops telling Penguin to gently caress off, though I think at this point if one of these guys comes into the GCPD, they should just shoot them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

I can't think who this show is for, it's certainly not for people who like Batman, so for people who like silly police and gangster shows?

I actually expected Bruce at the end to say to Alfred "I'm trying to create the image of a spoiled playboy so no one will guess that i'm really a punching criminals in a bat costume", but nope, its just dumb.

I did like the cops telling Penguin to gently caress off, though I think at this point if one of these guys comes into the GCPD, they should just shoot them.

I like Batman and I like Gotham. I'm enjoying the DC lore remix.

I also like crazy wild ride unpredictable TV shows like LOST and Once Upon a Time, so its perfect for me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Bloop posted:

I like Batman and I like Gotham. I'm enjoying the DC lore remix.

I also like crazy wild ride unpredictable TV shows like LOST and Once Upon a Time, so its perfect for me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy how silly and crazy it is, but I'm just trying to figure out who outside of weird TV and comic nerds like us are watching.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy how silly and crazy it is, but I'm just trying to figure out who outside of weird TV and comic nerds like us are watching.

I got my 70 year old non-nerd parents to watch it and they are hooked. So who knows.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

LongDarkNight posted:

Martine is kind of young to get into the murder business. It's not like he's going to chug a bunch of Chinese herbal remedies.

When the kidnapping occurred I was expecting a different twist of Martine: Having been scolded by Penguin, was going to go off and attempt to kill Falcone to make Penguin like him again and prove he's not a traitor.

I could have seen something like that send Penguin into a panic mode because there's no way he can tell anyone to try to stop him without it making him look like he's planning something and if it fails there's no way he can convince anyone that he didn't send Martine as the perfectly quiet, trusted, innocent assassin.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So there's been some new recasting with Charlie Tahan (Scarecrow) having to leave the show as he couldn't balance filming between Gotham and Ozark. He's being replaced by David W Thompson but they haven't said if they're making him a new character or if he'll be Jonathan Crane.

And in more annoying news, the show won't return until March.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

So there's been some new recasting with Charlie Tahan (Scarecrow) having to leave the show as he couldn't balance filming between Gotham and Ozark. He's being replaced by David W Thompson but they haven't said if they're making him a new character or if he'll be Jonathan Crane.

And in more annoying news, the show won't return until March.

Apparently the recast is because they're really set on doing Long Halloween this year. Scarecrow, the Joker, the Hatter, Selina, Ivy and a bunch of other villains are doing a big team up over the course of the rest of this season. That's on top of a separate R'as storyline, apparently.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm if they're doing that I'm hoping Selina is revealed to be Falcone's illegitimate daughter. Though that wouldn't effect the show in the way it was in the comics because it was implied she knew before hand and why she was targeting the Falcone's in the first place

Will Jerome steal Christmas?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Will Jerome steal Christmas?
I'd forgive all the awful poo poo this season if that happened.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I'd forgive all the awful poo poo this season if that happened.

That whole thing is the Joker defined for me. He steals christmas from a family, and then tries to gas the entire city. Not this slashed movie killer Joker we were given in the new 52, or what ever the gently caress the Suicide Squad was trying to give us.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Second half of the season starts March 1st, you goddamn jackals.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Second half of the season starts March 1st, you goddamn jackals.

My pork leg has been salted, smoked, and cured. When March comes, I know what I'll say when someone asks me... got ham?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well now

quote:

WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND DC ENTERTAINMENT TO TRANSPORT VIEWERS TO METROPOLIS, AN ALL-NEW LIVE-ACTION SERIES FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS JOHN STEPHENS AND DANNY CANNON FOR THE UPCOMING DC-BRANDED DIGITAL SERVICE

New Drama Will Begin Production Later This Year, with First Season of 13 Episodes to Debut in 2019

Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment today announced that Gotham executive producers John Stephens and Danny Cannon will explore the world of Metropolis in an all-new live-action drama series to air exclusively on the upcoming DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service, operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks. Metropolis has received a direct-to-series order for a first season of 13 episodes and will go into production later this year for a debut on the service in 2019.

Set in the wondrous and awe-inspiring City of Tomorrow before the arrival of Superman, Metropolis follows Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets.

John Stephens (Gotham, Gossip Girl, The O.C., Gilmore Girls) and Danny Cannon (Gotham, Nikita, CSI series) are the executive producers of Metropolis. Danny Cannon will direct the first episode, from a teleplay by John Stephens, with story by Cannon and Stephens. Based on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, published by DC, Metropolis is produced by Warner Bros. Television.

The order for Metropolis marks the fourth announced series for the new DC digital service, which will deliver an immersive experience designed just for DC fans. Additional programs include Warner Bros. Television’s live-action drama Titans, as well as Warner Bros. Animation’s Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders.

https://www.newsarama.com/38397-lois-lane-lex-luthor-to-lead-metropolis-tv-series-launching-in-2019.html?utm_source=notification

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

quote:

quote:

WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND DC ENTERTAINMENT TO TRANSPORT VIEWERS TO METROPOLIS, AN ALL-NEW LIVE-ACTION SERIES FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS JOHN STEPHENS AND DANNY CANNON FOR THE UPCOMING DC-BRANDED DIGITAL SERVICE

New Drama Will Begin Production Later This Year, with First Season of 13 Episodes to Debut in 2019

Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment today announced that Gotham executive producers John Stephens and Danny Cannon will explore the world of Metropolis in an all-new live-action drama series to air exclusively on the upcoming DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service, operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks. Metropolis has received a direct-to-series order for a first season of 13 episodes and will go into production later this year for a debut on the service in 2019.

Set in the wondrous and awe-inspiring City of Tomorrow before the arrival of Superman, Metropolis follows Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets.

John Stephens (Gotham, Gossip Girl, The O.C., Gilmore Girls) and Danny Cannon (Gotham, Nikita, CSI series) are the executive producers of Metropolis. Danny Cannon will direct the first episode, from a teleplay by John Stephens, with story by Cannon and Stephens. Based on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, published by DC, Metropolis is produced by Warner Bros. Television.

The order for Metropolis marks the fourth announced series for the new DC digital service, which will deliver an immersive experience designed just for DC fans. Additional programs include Warner Bros. Television’s live-action drama Titans, as well as Warner Bros. Animation’s Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders.

Wow, that's a hell of a good idea. I wish they'd do something like that for Gotham City--you know, a live action show featuring some of the ancillary characters from Batman as the leading characters of the show because Batman hasn't arrived yet.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they also film in New York but cherrypick all the pretty, clean parts of the city. Metropolis doesn't have as strongly defined a mental image as Gotham does, I feel.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Metropolis is better than the Krypton idea that was floating around. I guess it could look like Earth 2 Central City, art deco futurism, but I don't know about having Lex and Lois going around solving crimes or what have you. Seems iffy.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Burning_Monk posted:

Metropolis is better than the Krypton idea that was floating around.

I'm afraid I have some sad news for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSZKB2WNKg

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Timby posted:

I'm afraid I have some sad news for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSZKB2WNKg

Well... dammit.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Krypton doesn't seem like a terrible premise unless I am missing something

Metropolis sounds better, but they can coexist I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I don't know if I can handle anymore winking at the camera prequel bullshit in my comic book shows. It took me forever to get over that with Gotham.

"This case is really Bizarro isn't it?"
"....This alien artifact comes from somewhere bad......The.....Dark....Side?"

• Locked thread