Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
Why did no one tell me that an Uzi at close range in full auto is a murder machine. Forget these other guns now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Always keep an Uzi stock in my back pocket just in case.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

yeah who doesn't want to pick up an uzi off the ground just to have it fire off a single, useless 9mm shot in the heat of battle because you didn't remember to hit left on the dpad 3 times? Maybe if the default was gun specific it would make more sense but that poo poo is ridiculous.

Three times? That seems like a lot.

My finger twitches pretty fast, I guess. Must be those learned muscle movements.

A selectable default setting would be nice though, you're right.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's really not about how long it takes to scroll through the Dpad. I just feel like scrolling through firing modes as a ritual each time you get a gun shouldn't need to be a thing. I'll remember to do it 9 out of 10 times, but 1 out of 10 times it gets me killed. It really only bugs me with the SMG's because mentally, I pick an uzi up and assume it's going to be full auto and it seems counter intuitive to have to change it to that.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah, there are a few guns (Uzi/Vector) that you're just never going to want on single shot and it'd be nice to make them default to something else.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I said it would be a good idea.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The game forces you to be aware, that's where all the tension comes from.

"Are you prepared for what you are about to do? No? Prepare to die."

It's why guns aren't loaded and why you have to select fire modes. The game wants your situational awareness to be sharp and you should be mentally prepared for every encounter.

Dying in this game is rarely bullshit and usually all your fault.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sure, (well I'd argue that's not totally true until some of the lag gets worked out) but that doesn't mean it's designed well. Having something like an SMG default to semi makes no sense, so while it's technically my fault if I forget to switch, or it's technically my fault for aiming at the wrong part of a buggy and I hop in the back and get shot, it's still not intuitive at all. There are plenty of games that force you to prepare and be aware, and it doesn't feel like an oversight or a poor design decision.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Beastie posted:

Dying in this game is rarely bullshit and usually all your fault.

Wait, I can't blame the controller any more???

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't the safety also the thing that controls the firing mode? I looked at Wikipedia and that seems to be the case for the M16, but not the Tommy Gun.

Isn't it Bad Gun Discipline or whatever to leave a weapon, even an unloaded one, with the safety off?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
pretty sure theres a few cheats in xbox pubg now. ive been killed through walls in real buildings, not wooden shacks, and no where near windows, two times.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Just got chicken dinner twice in a row for the first time. First one I got lucky where I died then my friend closed it out, second it was the opposite, my friend died and then I killed 7 people to close it out. I'm still shaking.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
Had a fantastic round where the last circles where I'm the middle of a field with not even a hay bale for cover. Pretty much five people crawling around while the other five drive in ever-smaller circles running us over by sheer luck until I think the final 5 were all in cars in a tiny circle and I'm real sad I couldn't spectate the cluster that must've been after I got clowned at random.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

PabloBOOM posted:

Had a fantastic round where the last circles where I'm the middle of a field with not even a hay bale for cover. Pretty much five people crawling around while the other five drive in ever-smaller circles running us over by sheer luck until I think the final 5 were all in cars in a tiny circle and I'm real sad I couldn't spectate the cluster that must've been after I got clowned at random.

That was me, you're welcome, I died 4th though, so eh...

No seriously, what this game needs is the spectator mode that Fortnight has, that would be so much better than what we have right now...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The micro Uzi+ext. quickdraw mags is so ridiculous.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
Got my first solo chicken dinner bravely hiding in the grass prone for the last several circles. It was a huge part luck that I was allowed to mostly stay put even in the final circles and pick people off with my no-flash AKM. Then the last wookie got so impatient he started running around until I took him down with my extended mag Uzi.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

Might just be on Xbox, but apparently if your character has a ponytail, when combined with a hat/helmet, it causes it to hover 3 feet above your head.

https://i.imgur.com/TqjDBbR.mp4

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
drat. Finished #2. Could've won if I threw my frag grenade but I completely forgot it in the heat of the moment.

Turning down the sensitivity like in that video helped a ton.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I have fairly low sensitivity and started immediately doing better when I switched back to control type a. Won two in a row after doing that.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
VSS is an insane weapon. It is a 9mm sniper rifle that can fire in full auto and starts with silencer and 4x scope. It also has almost no recoil. I found one for the first time last night and the next game my duo partner found one. Killed 2 people with it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ran into what was discussed earlier again where the other last guy wasn't in the circle. This time I was easily in it for 4 minutes. No way they were pumping energy drinks for 4 minutes straight. :wtf: is going on here. That's 4 times I've been in the top 2 in solo now, I won once, got killed by someone who was right there once, and got killed by some mystery fucker the other 2 times.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 27, 2018

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
They need to get the kill cams up. Also, I would like to play on the second PC map. I wish my PC wasn't a piece of crap.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I love people who nonchalantly loot buildings that have a mix of open and closed doors as if there isn't someone waiting for them to go into the room they're hiding in. Was in one of the C buildings at mil base looting when I heard someone downstairs. I closed the door and waited and sure enough he eventually waltzed in and got wrecked. This game would suck if everyone actually thought about what they were doing instead of running blindly into traps.

What's everyone's ideal loadout? Mine is a suppressed M416 with a 4x and a UMP or Vector (only if I have an extended mag) with a red dot. Suppressor preferred. I love Kar98s and other SRs but it's too difficult to snipe effectively and they're a liable at the end of the game. I have also seen the light on a silenced Tommy gun with extended mags. It's great because it'll mow through a squad and it's one of the few weapons that looks unique when kitted out. Tommy gun with extended mag and a grip looks ready for the St. Valentine's Day massacre.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone want to party up right now? GT: Nihils Maw

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
YES first chicken dinner. Had to blow up two loving vehicles to survive the final circle. Thank goodness I had a shitload of ammo for the M4.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Drav posted:

YES first chicken dinner. Had to blow up two loving vehicles to survive the final circle. Thank goodness I had a shitload of ammo for the M4.

Cars are still too effective on Xbox. I do hope they add a mild form of aim assist even if the dullards on Reddit insist that it will make the game easier. There's a reason every shooter on console has aim assist.

Congrats on the chicken din din btw, I hope you screamed like I do whenever I end up winning a match.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah even if it's very slight. Game needs aim assist. Total lack of it makes console shooters feel like poo poo. I really don't understand the anti aim assist crowd. It's literally the difference between making shooting with a stick feel good and bad. And if everyone is on the same playing field, everyone is benefiting from it. I think most of the people that rage about AA are 14 year olds confusing playing video games with masculinity.

They also need to make grenade throwing more fluid. No one uses them because it feels so clunky.

Game is still poo poo, but it is getting better. And I'll be damned if it doesn't have its hooks in me. Just realize I've played it for 30 hours already.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah even if it's very slight. Game needs aim assist. Total lack of it makes console shooters feel like poo poo. I really don't understand the anti aim assist crowd. It's literally the difference between making shooting with a stick feel good and bad. And if everyone is on the same playing field, everyone is benefiting from it. I think most of the people that rage about AA are 14 year olds confusing playing video games with masculinity.

They also need to make grenade throwing more fluid. No one uses them because it feels so clunky.

Game is still poo poo, but it is getting better. And I'll be damned if it doesn't have its hooks in me. Just realize I've played it for 30 hours already.

I just crossed 50 hours plus the 10 or so I've played on my friends Xbox one x (got two chicken dinners on their profile, which is kind of annoying because they're on his stats and not mine). I don't understand the people who think making a game play and feel more natural makes it easier and thus not worth playing. If they truly thing aim assist will ruin PUBG on Xbox then they can play on PC. Also agree on the grenade. The indicator is awful and nowhere near reality. It's gotten to the point that I forgot about nades completely, even when they could be useful.

I recorded my last chicken dinner and rewatching really shows how poorly some people play. I really shouldn't have had a chance of winning this game but I had the advantage of not making the worse possible decisions when it mattered.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/42807063

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny how far not being reckless will get you. I suck at it and get in the top 10 about 20% of the time solo. And playing in a full 4 person squad that's communicating and backing each other up. you have like 1/3 chance of winning.

As with most games I think people can't resist shooting poo poo that's in front of them, even if it's a terrible idea. It seems like a lot of people would rather die with 3 kills than win with one. I'm always trying for chicken dinner though. Even if it means running away when I'm 50% sure I'll win a shootout.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I just need a dive/roll mechanic a la dark souls / monster hunter and i could take down 2 cars at once boi

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Live At Five! posted:

Cars are still too effective on Xbox. I do hope they add a mild form of aim assist even if the dullards on Reddit insist that it will make the game easier. There's a reason every shooter on console has aim assist.

Congrats on the chicken din din btw, I hope you screamed like I do whenever I end up winning a match.

I did. Despite it being midnight and the whole family being asleep. Funny enough none of them stirred. Now if I had cussed at normal speaking volume though I'm sure everyone would've complained. :rolleyes:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
squads are a handicap when you are playing with retards

“Awww I was on single fire”
“My gun was only shooting one bullet”
“How come he can shooting in auto?”

Shatwag
Jan 26, 2003

Laura Croft who?
Christ. I don't understand how I have moments of pure brilliance in this game but also such terrible gently caress ups. I'm definitely not good but I feel like moments where I dump full mags on unsuspecting targets only to have them casually turn around and kill me should be rare.

Someone boost my ego and tell me it's because this game is a glitchy POS. A delightful, addictive, soul crushing POS.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
its a glitchy pos, last patch brought back the lock ups

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The alleged goal is to make this game work cross-platform with PC PUBG, which I just cannot fathom being a competitive or fun experience for console players in any way, so until they give up on that don't hold much hope for aim-assist.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ran into mystery last guy long range sniper again tonight in the last circle. I seriously don't know if I am totally misreading something about the game of if hacking is actually a thing at this point. Either way, me and Jameswoodsfan had probably the funnest round I've played. Just all around great teamwork and we left a drat hefty pile of bodies behind along the way. We really deserved to win that one.

Ether Frenzy posted:

The alleged goal is to make this game work cross-platform with PC PUBG, which I just cannot fathom being a competitive or fun experience for console players in any way, so until they give up on that don't hold much hope for aim-assist.

I would literally uninstall it the second that was implemented if that became a thing. That would be so horrendously unfair to Xbox players good god.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Do you have a source for this claim? I literally can’t believe this could be their goal.

Shatwag
Jan 26, 2003

Laura Croft who?
Cross platform would not be good unless maybe there was decent keyboard and mouse control on xbone but then I can't play while lounging on my sofa so gently caress that.

Also, apparently we get 30,000 BP on 2/1 as a reward for buying a beta version of this game.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/25/celebrating-4-million-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-players-xbox-one/

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

New update today and it's really helped the inventory functionality.

quote:

Gameplay

• Increased damage to the vehicle body, and significant damage to the wheels when targeted with gunfire
  • Increased vehicle damage when successfully targeted with a grenade
  • Both driver and passenger will suffer increased injuries from crashing into objects or other vehicles (Dacia, UAZ, and Buggy)
  • Slight reduction to player damage when being struck by a vehicle

Optimization

• Continued optimization to controller input lag
  • Visual quality of reticle is improved for Xbox One (Red Dot, Holographic, and 2x Sight)

Bug Fixes

• Resolved issue where inventory may highlight the wrong column when looting
  • The sensitivity setting for 4x Scope is now also applied to the permanent scope on the VSS
  • Auto-run (double-clicking the left stick) is disabled when aiming down sights
  • Players can now use the D-Pad while in the map view without switching melee, pistol, or throwing weapons
  • Removing the marker from the map when pressing (Y) will no longer switch primary/secondary weapons
  • Fixed issue where the crosshair is not correctly displayed after players reconnect to a game session

Also, they got rid of the Y-axis inversion on the map screen, in addition to making the cursor move WAY faster, yeehaw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Live At Five! posted:

What's everyone's ideal loadout? Mine is a suppressed M416 with a 4x and a UMP or Vector (only if I have an extended mag) with a red dot. Suppressor preferred. I love Kar98s and other SRs but it's too difficult to snipe effectively and they're a liable at the end of the game. I have also seen the light on a silenced Tommy gun with extended mags. It's great because it'll mow through a squad and it's one of the few weapons that looks unique when kitted out. Tommy gun with extended mag and a grip looks ready for the St. Valentine's Day massacre.

Oh and because I love listing poo poo like this:

M16 with 4x scope, suppressor, and extended quickdraw mag
UMP with vertical stabilizer, suppressor/compensator/flash hider, red dot, extended quickdraw mag

Because 7.62 seems much more plentiful than 5.56, I do love running around with an AKM with a 2x scope (which are underrated IMO) wasting tons of ammo on full auto.

I love frags, I love stun grenades, and I hate smoke grenades since I ultimately end up dying in the midst of one I threw myself.

Favorite vehicle: motorcycle, it's fast as gently caress
Least favorite vehicle: tie between motorcycle with sidecar (handling is atrocious, flips over if you hit a bump at 3kph) or Dacia

Favorite landing destinations: Mylta, Lipovka, south Georgopol, Ferry pier, Yasnaya, power plant

Least favorite fingerless gloves: tan, they look so bad in FPP

Favorite type: FPP, I don't think I can go back to third person now

Favorite pan: Pan