Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Today's trip report:

Dead Branch + Corruption is amazing.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Had an interesting Silent run. Traded my relic and got the 3 relic 3 curse Bell. One of the relics I got gave me +strength for each curse in my deck. Then I got a +energy relic shortly later. And shuriken. And I started every fight with Backstab+ and knee strike+. I just started getting all the draw, attack and draw, and energy on next turn cards and evolved into an ever increasing buzzsaw.

I got next to no shiv cards that run which was frustrating

Then I bumbled into an elite fight on area 3 and got the ethereal hellfire guy and couldn't block 40attack rip

Jackhammer
Jul 10, 2008
If you get searing blow before first camp, you just won the game. Just upgrade it every chance you get.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
I had a strange successful silent run that banked on piercing wails for defense and rolling stacks of block that stacked up using blur and dodge/roll, and 3 footworks. Lots of draw cards like backflip and acrobatics, and a couple of adrenalines for more draws and energy, and maneuver. Usually played like 7-10 cards a turn once the energy ball got kicked off. Damage was a little lacking but i did have the x2 damage card on next turn and finisher, alone with a couple of banes which aren't awful if you manage to pick up a noxious fumes or two. Character was functionally immortal though with the constant blurs/dodges. Took no damage on Donu/Deca.

it all kicked off from taking a first ? encounter that transformed all strikes/defends. I was annoyed at first when 3 of them turned out to be piercing wail, but PW is amazing at damage neutering. Normally i go for a power heavy deck filled with noxious and such but it was weird to end it with just 4 powers - 1 noxious and 3 footworks. (this is not a lot for me since i usually have way more since i'm not as concerned with a thicker deck with silent vs ironclad due to the huge +draws)

Sloober fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 30, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jackhammer posted:

If you get searing blow before first camp, you just won the game. Just upgrade it every chance you get.

This is pro advice. I basically did this and while I "only" got to 84 damage per use, it was still pretty good. It also means you never pick up another attack card, but DO pick up Battle Trance, Shrug it off, and Double Tap.

Time Eater is still the hardest of the bosses, by far. Holy poo poo gently caress that thing. I feel like the "end your turn" and "increase health" abilities should be on separate timers.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I really like random power book because I really like powers (but a lot of them aren't very efficient). That plus gambling chip gave me this :lol: starting hand

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Time Eater is still the hardest of the bosses, by far. Holy poo poo gently caress that thing. I feel like the "end your turn" and "increase health" abilities should be on separate timers.
Just beat the time eater with this deck pretty easily. Turns out necronomicon + heavy blade does a lot of damage really quickly. Add in an inflame, jax, and limit break+, and it is pretty hard to lose. At the start I picked sacrifice 50% of my health and got the offering, which I feel was a great trade. Feed had me at about 120 max hp.
https://imgur.com/a/aAy3b

Doing it again, I wouldn't have added the anger to this deck. I've won with anger strength decks before, but necroing with heavy strike did so much damage so quickly that angers weren't really necessary.

I feel like demon form is trap in a lot of strength decks. It is okay early, but it is expensive and the effect is slow.

I did notice that necronomicon + whirlwind didn't appear to be a thing. The second whirlwind would go off, but do no damage. People online talked about it as if it were a combo. Maybe it only worked in older versions?

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 30, 2018

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

Just beat the time eater with this deck pretty easily. Turns out necronomicon + heavy blade does a lot of damage really quickly. Add in an inflame, jax, and limit break+, and it is pretty hard to lose. At the start I picked sacrifice 50% of my health and got the offering, which I feel was a great trade. Feed had me at about 120 max hp.
https://imgur.com/a/aAy3b

Doing it again, I wouldn't have added the anger to this deck. I've won with anger strength decks before, but necroing with heavy strike did so much damage so quickly that angers weren't really necessary.

I feel like demon form is trap in a lot of strength decks. It is okay early, but it is expensive and the effect is slow.

I did notice that necronomicon + whirlwind didn't appear to be a thing. The second whirlwind would go off, but do no damage. People online talked about it as if it were a combo. Maybe it only worked in older versions?

sounds like a bug if it wasn't working. vvv forgot which one whirlwind was. yeah i don't think it'd work since it would apply its conditional a second time which wouldn't matter when your energy is gone.

I am also not sold on demon form as a good card when there's spot weakness/inflame/limit break. spot weakness itself is basically a better version of inflame since A) it's not a power and B) it gives more strength. I think the only way i'd be sold on demon form is if you had the mummified hand so you could at least play another card potentially useful, or had other cheaper powers in hand to maybe get demon form to 0

Sloober fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 30, 2018

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Filthy Monkey posted:

That makes sense, as the first time it depletes your energy and the damage is calculated based on spent energy. The bug would be the previous assumption, that it would work.

I'd actually really like the idea of Ascension changing errata and restrictions like this. Certain cards being banned, rulings changing, limits on deck construction, all the kinda stuff that emulates TCGs as an ever-growing higher difficulty mode would give the game a lot of longevity while stopping people from permanently breaking it, but only in that mode.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It's weird that Necronomicon Whirlwind doesn't work, but Doubletap Whirlwind does. It may just assume X = 0 since it's not an actual number to trigger Necronomicon?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

It looked like whirlwind was getting triggered to me. I saw the card flash up again. It just did no actual damage.

Heavy blade was working great with the necronomicon though. Even with only moderate strength, double heavy blade+ is a lot of damage.

I usually do like having a single whirlwind in my strength decks though. The multi-hit nature synnergizes well with strength, and sometimes you really need to mess up a group of enemies.

Sloober posted:

I am also not sold on demon form as a good card when there's spot weakness/inflame/limit break. spot weakness itself is basically a better version of inflame since A) it's not a power and B) it gives more strength.
I've generally not liked spot weakness much. I would rather have inflame, which at least always works when I draw it. I've drawn spot weakness dead too many times with no attacking enemies. It is bad if you get the relic that doesn't let you see enemy intent too. If I am going to include a conditional strength card, I would rather have a flex+. Sure, you need to draw it the same turn as limit break for real value, but it least it doesn't cost energy.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 30, 2018

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Sloober posted:

I am also not sold on demon form as a good card when there's spot weakness/inflame/limit break. spot weakness itself is basically a better version of inflame since A) it's not a power and B) it gives more strength. I think the only way i'd be sold on demon form is if you had the mummified hand so you could at least play another card potentially useful, or had other cheaper powers in hand to maybe get demon form to 0

For me I think it's a case of good strength decks being so powerful that they wipe everything out before demon form even has a chance to ramp up. If you have a lot of energy on the first turn and maybe bottled tornado to make it inate it's pretty drat good though.

I've also been finding Sword Boomerang+ to be my unexpected new MVP in strength decks.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

GrandpaPants posted:

It's weird that Necronomicon Whirlwind doesn't work, but Doubletap Whirlwind does. It may just assume X = 0 since it's not an actual number to trigger Necronomicon?

Sounds to me like the subtle difference between “two copies of a card” and “the same card effect twice”. Not sure why it’s coded that way if it is, but it sounds like the most plausible explanation.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

It looked like whirlwind was getting triggered to me. I saw the card flash up again. It just did no actual damage.

Heavy blade was working great with the necronomicon though. Even with only moderate strength, double heavy blade+ is a lot of damage.

I usually do like having a single whirlwind in my strength decks though. The multi-hit nature synnergizes well with strength, and sometimes you really need to mess up a group of enemies.

I've generally not liked spot weakness much. I would rather have inflame, which at least always works when I draw it. I've drawn spot weakness dead too many times with no attacking enemies. It is bad if you get the relic that doesn't let you see enemy intent too. If I am going to include a conditional strength card, I would rather have a flex+. Sure, you need to draw it the same turn as limit break for real value, but it least it doesn't cost energy.

no doubt, i just said i'd rather have any of the other +str than demon form. 3 energy is a big negative for it. there's so many good 1-cost cards that i feel the 3 cost is excessive for what you get.

Gravy Jones posted:

For me I think it's a case of good strength decks being so powerful that they wipe everything out before demon form even has a chance to ramp up. If you have a lot of energy on the first turn and maybe bottled tornado to make it inate it's pretty drat good though.

I've also been finding Sword Boomerang+ to be my unexpected new MVP in strength decks.

that's one reason aside from the whole 3 cost part

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Demon form is a card made for very defensive builds, not agressive bursty ones.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
speaking of Necronomicon Double tap, I have a question I havne't been able to resolve, even having a double tap + Necronomicon deck yesterday.

If you Double Tap + something that costs 2, does it use that card, use it for double tap, then use it for Necronomicon, then trigger double tap off of Necronomicon to cast it a fourth time? Or does it cast it 3 times; normal, double tap, then necronomicon, then cast the next card twice?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Does anyone have a good, basic set of guidelines for picking cards as silent?

E: I. E., pick this most times, get this if you don't have much of that type of card, etc

Keeping your deck pruned seems really important, but it also feels like there's a longer period where you can't be quite sure what your deck will focus in on and have to choose good general cycle/block cards.

I think I generally overcommit to random cycle/block cards.

At the moment, I'm pretty sure Footwork and Blur are usually good picks.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I'll often get cards like noxious fumes/acrobatics/dodge and roll/prepared, but I'm starting to think I'm getting too many of them (someone pointed out that prepared dilutes your draws somewhat, so you shouldn't pick it every time, which had never occurred to me).

Do y'all have thoughts? I've hit a point where I basically win one in two or three ironclad runs, but still haven't gotten a Silent win. Clearly I'm doing something very wrong...

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

foutre posted:

E: I. E., pick this most times, get this if you don't have much of that type of card, etc

Keeping your deck pruned seems really important, but it also feels like there's a longer period where you can't be quite sure what your deck will focus in on and have to choose good general cycle/block cards.

I think I generally overcommit to random cycle/block cards.

At the moment, I'm pretty sure Footwork and Blur are usually good picks.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I'll often get cards like noxious fumes/acrobatics/dodge and roll/prepared, but I'm starting to think I'm getting too many of them (someone pointed out that prepared dilutes your draws somewhat, so you shouldn't pick it every time, which had never occurred to me).

Do y'all have thoughts? I've hit a point where I basically win one in two or three ironclad runs, but still haven't gotten a Silent win. Clearly I'm doing something very wrong...

You really shouldn't worry too much about keeping your deck small as the Silent, pruning your deck is more of a Ironclad thing.

- Common cards you should try to get multiple of: backflip, delfect, flying knee, piercing wail
- Cards that are always good to have: terror, footwork, afterimage, escape plan, glass knife, die die die, alchemize, adrenaline
- In general Silent's power cards are pretty much all good. Many are worth taking multiple copies. The only one (from memory) that I don't like is wraith form (I'm probably forgetting some)
- If you keep ending your turn with extra energy but no cards, get things like acrobatics, predator and skewer
- If you keep ending your turn with still a lot of cards in your hand, take cards that require 0 energy or that generate energy
- Going physical damage is easiest, some easy combo's: shivs + accuracy, 0 power attacks + finisher/thousand cuts/envenom, outmaneuver + flying knees + skewer
- Going poison is viable but requires a bit more card luck in my opinion

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Jackhammer posted:

This got me my second ironclad win. I managed to get corruption early and dark embrace off the first boss so I was basically able to always burn enough defense cards to block whatever bullshit and cycle to smash and searing blow. I threw in as many shrug it off as I could get and managed to find a duel wield and double tap too.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I always try to make a momentum based Silent deck and always end up with a boring footwork turtle poison fumes deck :negative:

Dash, flying knee, footwork, backflip/blur/deflect/escape plan, piercing wail, prepared/acrobatics and alchemize are always good to pick starting out, with die die die/dagger spray to get through exordium

Burst + adrenaline is a cute combo

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Thanks for the :words: on Silent decks, I'll try another run.

Walh Hara posted:

- If you keep ending your turn with extra energy but no cards, get things like acrobatics, predator and skewer
- If you keep ending your turn with still a lot of cards in your hand, take cards that require 0 energy or that generate energy

This makes a ton of sense as a rule of thumb, for some reason wasn't approaching it that way!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just won an ironclad deck with rampage and bash as my only attacks, that owned. I almost died to the ghost reaper guy because I kept on screwing up my cycle timing

drat this game is fun.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Tough Bandages feels like a free win as Silent. Ascension 6 run started off rough but got Tough Bandages from the first act 2 elite I did, barely lost any HP on any fight after that and even had Time Keeper as my last boss and had zero issues.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

quote:

“We definitely don’t want to put too many cards into one colour…” he said. “So right now we have about 75 cards for the Ironclad. If we just bloated that out to 200 cards for the Ironclad, then you would have no ability to make any planning at all. And we think that would be a much worse experience.

“We are much more likely to make more characters and just give them all unique card pools, or do things that let you change your card pool around.

“There is a ‘sweet point’ number, and we’re either at it or very close to it for the Ironclad and the Silent. So we’re much more likely to make more characters. We will almost certainly have more than three characters, but we just want three characters initially, during early access.”

I spoke to him alongside Casey Yano, the other designer and artist of the game’s horrible mushroom rats and abstract murderthings, who says future plans also include some more inventive potions (although the examples he gives here are just off-the-cuff ideas for now).

Potions are definitely getting a huge bump,” he said. “We could have a potion that’ll let you upgrade stuff, or transform stuff, or let you escape… I think currently the concept of what the potions do are very vanilla, so there’s a lot of leeway for that.”

“We also want to add a lot more events to the game,” added Giovannetti. “Especially ones that are kind of like the vampire event, where they’re very transformative to the play experience when you get them. That’s a good example of the kind of event we want more of…”

They also spoke about how the game was tested on expert Netrunner players, plus what happens at their design meetings. Don’t worry, we’ll put the full interview up soon. Lord knows, it’s what the slug wants.

Source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/30/slay-the-spire-almost-certainly-adding-more-characters/#more-512275

I'm guessing additional characters will be DLC, although I'm looking forward to better potions. Picking up Sozu is almost too easy of a choice, like getting the Mark of Pain as the Ironclad.

I'm curious about the Netrunner playtesters. Not sure why Netrunner players, since it's not like, a deckbuilding game (it is a deck construction game), and that game mostly uses bluffing and action economy as its main player skills...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Stallion Cabana posted:

speaking of Necronomicon Double tap, I have a question I havne't been able to resolve, even having a double tap + Necronomicon deck yesterday.

If you Double Tap + something that costs 2, does it use that card, use it for double tap, then use it for Necronomicon, then trigger double tap off of Necronomicon to cast it a fourth time? Or does it cast it 3 times; normal, double tap, then necronomicon, then cast the next card twice?

In my experience, the second one. Double Tap/Necronomicon stacks are additive, not multiplicative.

foutre posted:

Generally your key cards will be common or uncommon, and like stated, you don't need to prioritize removal nearly as much, so don't be afraid of monster-heavy pathways, even if you don't take every card you find. As nice as Burst is, the Silent is all about card synergy as opposed to singular "win condition" cards like Ironclad has. A Burst on its own isn't gonna do much, but stacking it with other high-tier skills like Nightmare or Blur can change the tide of a battle. Past that, it's mostly keeping track of what your deck already has and what direction it's going. Flechettes goes better in high-skill turtle decks, Finisher goes better in high-attack Shiv decks, that sort of thing.

Walh Hara posted:

The only one (from memory) that I don't like is wraith form (I'm probably forgetting some)

Tools of the Trade needs to have a discard deck already in place to be a good pick in my eyes. Envenom is bad in a turtle deck, which is what most Poison decks are. It's good as a rider to a shiv deck, but you're not gonna really go "wow this made a huge difference" with it except if you have a Snecko Skull or when you're using it to shave artifact off of things.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 31, 2018

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Tools of the Trade needs to have a discard deck already in place to be a good pick in my eyes. Envenom is bad in a turtle deck, which is what most Poison decks are. It's good as a rider to a shiv deck, but you're not gonna really go "wow this made a huge difference" with it except if you have a Snecko Skull or when you're using it to shave artifact off of things.

Tools of the Trade + is a "heh, why not" card for me. It costs 0 energy and the ability to draw an extra card/turn obviously makes up for it taking up 1 spot in your deck. It's extremely helpful when you get statuses/curses and allows you to pick up reflex/tactician etc. Unless I'll have no more opportunities to upgrade it I will pretty much always take it.

Agree that envenom is not that good in poison decks, but I much prefer physical decks anyway and it's really not that bad in it. Upgraded it costs only 1 energy and will easily deal more damage over a given fight than any 1 attack card will.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/30/slay-the-spire-almost-certainly-adding-more-characters/#more-512275

I'm guessing additional characters will be DLC, although I'm looking forward to better potions. Picking up Sozu is almost too easy of a choice, like getting the Mark of Pain as the Ironclad.

I'm curious about the Netrunner playtesters. Not sure why Netrunner players, since it's not like, a deckbuilding game (it is a deck construction game), and that game mostly uses bluffing and action economy as its main player skills...

Same curiousity

Nice they're looking at potions, the current ones are only really useful in map 1, although the energy and draw potions will always be good. Explosive pot has proven clutch a couple of times for me on map one (looking at you triple artifact fight), and fire is actually good when you take on the nob

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I just want potions to be near the play area, not at the top of the screen.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sloober posted:

Nice they're looking at potions, the current ones are only really useful in map 1, although the energy and draw potions will always be good. Explosive pot has proven clutch a couple of times for me on map one (looking at you triple artifact fight), and fire is actually good when you take on the nob

I still pop a regen in The Beyond if I'm running a turtle deck that got a bad draw in the last fight. It's the only reliable way for Silent to recover HP outside of campfires or getting lucky and bitey. Strength and Defense are good to use on bosses to help make things a little smoother. Then again, that all goes out the window on ascension runs, where you NEED to have a deck that can handle itself on every possible turn as soon as possible.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope this gets binding of Issac style expansion packs. I'd easily throw ~$10 for a few new classes and relics.

[e] challenge runs where you start off with spefici cards and relics could also be pretty cool.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Curious about this game. I can tell it's down my street, but I'm leery of buying any early access title. Not because I think they'll be bad per se (although often they kinda are) but more like I'll play it now with 50% content and never really experience the full thing because I can count on one hand the amount of games I've ever gone back to replay just about.

So with that preamble, is this game 'near' completion? Is it worth jumping in or should I just hold out until it's finished? I played Dead Cells and really enjoyed it in its unfinished state because it was "complete" enough to get the full experience, if that's any help.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It is as fun now as I expect it will be at release. There is clearly more content to be added however.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I wish there was a way to pick a specific card to start with. I've been wanting to do a limit break run but I haven't seen it in 6 runs

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Jeza posted:

Curious about this game. I can tell it's down my street, but I'm leery of buying any early access title. Not because I think they'll be bad per se (although often they kinda are) but more like I'll play it now with 50% content and never really experience the full thing because I can count on one hand the amount of games I've ever gone back to replay just about.

So with that preamble, is this game 'near' completion? Is it worth jumping in or should I just hold out until it's finished? I played Dead Cells and really enjoyed it in its unfinished state because it was "complete" enough to get the full experience, if that's any help.

If the current content was released as a full game with no plans for additional content I would still heavily recommend it to all of my friends

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Jeza posted:

I feel like the game is worth the $16 Steam is asking for as it stands. If this was "all the game" you were willing to play, you would get your money's worth.

They are at the very least looking to add at least one more class and a proper ending past what we've got before pushing it to "complete", just based on what is already in the game with an "Allan please add content" placeholder, though talk of further characters past that is plausible and they're pretty clearly gonna be regularly tweaking card/relic numbers until they're happy with the balance. (If they're aiming to be "like a proper card game", they will never be happy with the balance.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What should make this easier to balance than PvP CCGs is that this game is fine unbalanced. They can have op card synergies as long as they're not attainable every run. Epic Fetus isn't a problem to have in Isaac even though it's a free win when you find him (the high from finding items like that is what makes the game so addictive).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 31, 2018

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Thanks for responses, will probably give it a whirl in that case.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GrandpaPants posted:

Energy in STS is exactly analogous to clicks in Netrunner. Powers and Relics are your permanents.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Just won with my first non-strength based Ironclad deck. Decided to try rolling with perfected strike. Everything was actually pretty smooth.
https://imgur.com/a/inGVx
The perfected strikes did 42 damage for 2 energy, which I realize is not exactly top tier. It is a solid 84 with double tap though. With the upgraded doubletaps, two upgraded pommel strikes, and an upgraded offering things kept moving.

I had two +1 energy per turn artifacts, giving me a nice 5 energy. Double tap was bottled, so I could rely on always starting with it. If I could double tap + pommel strike into an offering or the seeing red on the first turn I was reasonably explosive. Big fan of upgraded pommel strike in general. It is a draw engine, a powerup for perfect strike, and does a little damage on its own. I wouldn't have minded having another one in here.

I got the madnesses with a late ? in the third zone, which I spent two campfires upgrading for kicks. The strikes were all upgraded from a simplicity pick at a ? event. The only unupgraded card in the deck was the swift strike.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Don't think I have the whole "make a cohesive deck" thing down, but it's good. Won on my 4th go with Ironclad. Seems difficult to thin your deck, I guess I should probably have just skipped picking card rewards after a while. I like how the variety of relics totally affects your gameplan. Apotheosis seems crazy good, and Barricade is insane if you pick up a few armour gain cards/relics.