Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Minister Bookchin
Parliament

Esteemed Colleagues,

I wish I could come with better news on the education front, but with our tight finances this year we've only been able to make smaller progress than expected. To that end I am forced to provide our Ministry more time to allocate funding for the building and running of CECs:

AMENDMENT TO THE SISTER ACT posted:

This law will change the required time-frame in Section 1 of the SISTER ACT from 'by the end of this year' to 'within five years'

Until we receive stronger and more consistent funding, it is the hopes that the funding of the Bootstrap Act will help the average Sirtan achieve some education until we can provide them the opportunities they deserve. I ask for your support on this measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Expected Government Income and Expenses for July 3062:

All amounts listed are in millions of New Sirtan Credits.

Items that are one-time only (aren’t recurring on a monthly basis) are marked with square brackets.

Income Breakdown: Entries are listed in the “income source – income amount – algorithmically estimated loss from tax evasion and other relevant forms of crime” format.

Meaning that, in a crime free world, you would have both of them combined.

* Income tax, bottom bracket – 75 – 20

* Income tax, lower middle bracket – 87 – 17

* Income tax, upper middle bracket – 100 – 7

* Income tax, top bracket – 150 – at least 120

* Sales tax – 63 – 22

* Personal Vehicle Tax – 13 – 12

* Legal Addictive Substances Tax – 0.4 – 3.8

* Corporate Tax – 99 – too many factors for remotely accurate estimation, but at least 50

* Foreign Aid – 13.6 – 0.9

* Trade Tariffs – 15 – 10.3

* [Outstanding Tax Payments – 15 – at least 80, likely much more]

* [Punitive Fees for Tax Evasion – 1.5 – 0]

* [Government Bond Purchases – 2 – 0]

* Other Sources – 2 – 1.2

Overall Income: 636.5

Expenses:

* Prime Minister’s Office – 6

* Ministry of Justice – 76.38 (12% of income)

* Ministry of Defence – 70 (11% of income)

* Ministry of Internal Security – 85.93 (13.5% of income)

* Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 20.69 (3.25% of income)

* Ministry of Interior – 36.6 (5.75% of income)

* Ministry of Finance – 62.06 (9.75% of income)

* Ministry of Education – 68.43 (10.75% of income)

* Ministry of Infrastructure – 89.11 (14% of income)

* Ministry of Health – 70.02 (11% of income)

* Office of the Attorney General – 4

* Sirtan Budgetary Office – 1.2

* Regular Court System – 17

* Truth and Reconciliation Commission - 4

* Parliament – 10

* Guardian Council – 8

* Government Bond Payments – 4.5

* Other Expenses – 2

* Emergency Fund – 0.59 (total – 7.42)

Overall Expenses: 636.5

Remaining: 0

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Expected Local Government Income and Expenses for July 3062:

Items that are one-time only (aren’t recurring on a monthly basis) are marked with square brackets.

Sard:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax – 18 – 13

* Business Tax – 20 – at least 15

* Income Tax – 18 – at least 18

* Estate Tax – 3 – at least 5

* Asset Transfer Tax – 1.8 – 1.7

* [Remaining from last month – 63.2 - 0]

Overall Income: 124

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee – 3

* Sard Executive Council – 2.5

* Office of the Sard Attorney – 0.5

* Professional Advisory Council – 2.7

Overall Expenses: 8.7

Remaining: 115.3

Topaz:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax (5%) - 20 – 14

* Business Tax (2.5%) - 32 – at least 20

Overall Income: 52

Expenses:

* Mayor’s Office – 1.5

* City Council – 3.5

Overall Expenses: 5

Remaining: 47

Panorama:

Income Breakdown:

* Profits from Voluntarily Appropriated Business – 3.8 – 0.1

* [Remaining from last month – 0.003 - 0]

Overall Income: 3.803

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee - 0.5

Overall Expenses: 0.5

Remaining: 3.303

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Variety Unlimited, a Sard based SCN media company, has announced the transfer of its' headquarters and primary production studio to Topaz, to be completed by the end of July. The company cites increased operating expenses as a result of the new taxation accepted by Sard's People's Assembly in May as the primary reason for the move.

This transfer is the latest in a series of moves from Sard to Topaz beginning in early June, which so far includes 8 major companies, 3 insurance firms, 5 investment groups and 15 medium-sized companies. Additionally, 76 top income bracket citizens have changed their residence registration from Sard to Topaz since the 1st of June. Analysts speculate that the freshly elected City Council, equally split between the SRLF and FDG, is viewed as unlikely to dramatically increase the tax burden on buisnesses to match Sard, a fact that combined with Topaz's existing status as a major manufacturing hub, is making it an increasingly attractive prospect for private companies and investors.

Other likely beneficiaries of this Sard mini-exodus are Sapphire, which intends to revitalize the once prosperous Sirtan bioetchnology industry, and Amber, which looks to restore its' place as a light manufacturing center.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Environment Overview (July 3062):

Janus IV is roughly Earth-like in size and distance from the systems’ star. Its’ atmosphere is somewhat denser, but following decades of terraforming, its’ air is suitable for humans. The planet is filled with native plant-like lifeforms, the seas are teeming with a variety of soft transparent creatures resembling jellyfish, and the soil is filled with strange microorganisms. None of these local inhabitants are compatible with humans or other Earth life. Genetically engineered Earth crops, animals and bacteria were introduced into the local biosphere over the early decades of colonization, and are now a self-contained part of the local ecology.

Human habitation on Janus IV is almost entirely contained within a peninsula in the eastern part of the northern continent. The climate varies between settlements, but the temperatures are usually within the 20 – 29 degrees Celsius range in summer and the -5 – 15 range in winter. A leaden sky is a near-universal feature of Sirtan life, as rain is very common, and the coastal settlements, including Opal and Sapphire, have to contend with major thunderstorms several times a year.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Report on Court Vacancies and Suggested Nominations

Prepared by Constitutional Court Chief Justice Chloe Wafer.

Outline: There are 4 lower-level courts in Sirta and 2 courts of appeal, all of which have several vacancies to fill, left deliberately by the transitional government to combat the existing corruption within the judicial system. I have prepared candidates for most of the vacancies and listed a brief summary of their qualification and my rationale for nominating them. I welcome any questions, criticisms and alternative suggestions by the other members of this committee.

Lower-Level Courts:

Opal Regional Court

Jurisdiction: Opal Municipal Area, Sapphire Municipal Area, nearby rural settlements

Judges: 7 (3 vacancies)

Candidates:

Leila Barbosa (57) – Former prosecutor under Vallstein who resigned after being asked to falsify evidence for a trial. Spent the years since as an underground organizer and later Popular Resistance activist. In my opinion, she has both the experience and necessary anti-corruption credentials for a position like this.

From here on descriptions are truncated for brevity’s sake.

Esther Kristoffersen (63) – Opal based public defender, Popular Resistance activist.

Nestor Vasquez (48) – Sapphire based criminal lawyer, works for a charity providing legal defence for the poor.

Sard Regional Court

Jurisdiction: Sard Municipal Area, Peridot Municipal Area, nearby rural settlements

Judges: 7 (3 vacancies)

Candidates:

Harriet Young (52) – Professor of Law at Sard University, author of Legal Tyranny: On Systematic Corruption in the Modern Judiciary.

Nanna Duperrι (64) – Business lawyer, offers her services for free to those who need them.

Liane White (50) – Defence attorney, Popular Resistance activist.

Topaz Regional Court

Jurisdiction: Topaz Municipal Area, Amber Municipal Area, nearby rural settlements

Judges: 5 (2 vacancies)

Candidates:

Patricia Drake (54) – Criminal lawyer, opposition organizer.

Robert Garcia (46) – Citizen rights lawyer, former political prisoner.

Rural Regions Court

Jurisdiction: All other rural settlements

Judges: 3 (3 vacancies)

Candidates:

Due to the potentially sensitive nature of these appointments, I decided that relying on someone more familiar with the unique circumstances of the rural settlements to select the candidates would be better.

Courts of Appeal:

Civil Court of Appeal

Jurisdiction: All of Sirta

Candidates:

Kerri Schrader (72) – Old judge, resigned during Vallstein’s first term.

Second candidate left to the discretion of the other members of the committee.

Criminal Court of Appeal

Candidates:

Laurel Perera (37) – Infamous anti-regime defence attorney and long-time opposition activist who knows the insides of the unofficial prisons well. Known as “that vicious vixen” among former regime officials.

Second candidate left to the discretion of the other members of the committee.

Special Courts:

Death Penalty Tribunal

Jurisdiction: All of Sirta, only rules on cases where another court recommended the application of the death penalty.

Judges: 3 (3 vacancies)

Candidates: I recommend taking a somewhat unconventional approach and picking the Prime Minister and two random citizens with no criminal record to fill the positions and serve two-year terms, just like Citizen Seats in Parliament. This will ensure that this most extreme and permanent form of punishment shan’t be taken by an entirely detached judicial system without first being approved by the people themselves. Thoughts?

Small Claims Court

Judges: 3 (0 vacancies)

Candidates: None.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 28, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Can we in Topaz get an estimate on the costs associated with the train repair bill and how many derelict buildings might be available for government purchase?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Denver Axo
Panorama Regional Government

July 3062 Budget Proposal

Income:

* Profits – 3.8 – 0.1

Overall Income: 3.803

Expenses:

Overall Expenses: 0.5

Remaining: 3.303 million NSC

Expenditures

Compensation Payments:

Remaining Vital Real Estate: 2,225,000 NSC
Waterfall Energy Utility Company Company Shares: 650,000 NSC

Miscellaneous:

Expanded funding of Panorama Agronomy Research Institute (PARI): 300,000 NSC
Free residential power (overage fees still apply): 65,000 NSC

Remainder: 63,000 NSC

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 28, 2018

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Comrade Bookchin
Peoples Assembly of Sard

I wish to make a few proposals here as we know that those with much wealth have decided to keep it instead of helping to rebuild the capital of our nation. That places more burden on the Sardines that wish to stay, but, as we all have dealt with Greene's tyranny and persevered, so we shall here! Since I have not heard back yet from our Professional Advisory Council, I wish to make a few proposals now, and we can together work on ensuring these meet the immediate needs and concerns of Sardines.

Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund This would be established to hold deposits of Sardines safely and to help protect such funds in case of crises. It would also offer loans at relatively low rates compared to private institutions for groups looking to start municipally owned co-ops within Sard. Any interest generated from such loans would be used to establish the Sard Municipal Fund to be used for capital and land purchases.

Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program The Sard Municipal Government grants authority and funding to the Professional Advisory Council to disburse grants to communities in Sard that desire to start municipally owned businesses. Any profits from such businesses will be entered into the Sard Municipal Fund.

The Sun Rises on Sard program The Sard Municipal Government will procure and disburse basic necessities to Sardines in need of Food, clothing, and basic medicines. Funding would also be set aside for a Parks, Recreation and Agriculture program to establish or revitalize parks and cityscape as well as the establishment of community-run gardens.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
In what little time he had available outside of running the NFP, Commissioner Saint-Just spent the month touring the cities and rural communities of Sirta. In the representative democracies, he briefed the NSP heads and mayors about current initiatives against criminal elements in their communities. In Sard, he informed select members of the Advisory Council that he knew to be trustworthy and free of criminal connections. He would repeat much the same patterns in the rural communities, with members of the militias personally known to him or vouched for by members of government standing in for the Advisory Council.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The drafting phase deadline is extended until Monday - the 27th of January - at 12:30 UTC.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

paragon1 posted:

To the Minister of Justice:

In the spirit of inter-ministerial cooperation, I request a status update on any cases currently on trial that were brought to your Ministry by the NFP's predecessor organization (if any). I also request your and Minister Radek's permission for us to appoint an individual or individuals to act as a liaison officers between the prosecutor's department and my own.

Commissioner, I am saddened to say that no major cases were brought against the parasites that cling to the Sirtan people. However, I assure you that won't remain the case for long! Taking your invitation, I appoint April Rogers - one of the most motivated and competent people in our Ministry - to act as liaison with the NFP. I extend my full cooperation, so that together we might strike at the heart of the viper's nests our cities have become. I am sure that our efforts will bring us closer to true justice.

Your comrade in arms,
Minister of Justice
Victor Knapfstein

paragon1 posted:

To SDF Central Command,

I am hereby authorizing the organization of High Threat Response Teams within the Enforcement Division of the NFP. I will be sending these men and women to you to be trained in the use of and tactics associated with military equipment, in accordance with the directive issued by the Defense Objectives Committee. I request that you focus on urban combat especially, as that is the context that they will be primarily operating in. These same units are to be issued SDF equipment and deployed in response to resistance from any criminal elements demonstrating the possession of military grade equipment and/or capabilities, per approval by SDF Central Command. I also personally request that, if you have not already done so, you establish some sort of procedure that will allow central command to review the facts at hand issue authorizations quickly. I am sure you are all well aware that the situations I intend to use the HTR Teams for can evolve and escalate very quickly, and the safety of the public may well be paramount. Though I know you are busy with your reorganization efforts, I hope our organizations can cooperate well, and that that cooperation will soon bear fruit.

Sincerely,

Commissioner Saint-Just

Commissioner,

As per your request, we are extending the use of our training facilities to the HTR Teams. We will make every effort to ensure they are prepared to deal with most urban combat scenarios. Additionally, we have set up a specialized channel to handle any NFP equipment requests. The details are attached to this message. When making requests, make sure to sepcify the type and quantity of equipment you require, as well as the time period you want to loan it for. Any requests will be promptly evaluated and approved or declined based on their individual circumstances and the priorities of the SDF. Upon the expiration of the agreed period of time, the NFP is obligated to promptly return all borrowed equipment in proper condition, unless an extension has been provided. We hope that the cooperation between our forces will hasten the restoration of lawful order to all corners of Sirta.

SDF Central Command

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Comrade Bookchin
People's Assembly of Sard

Sardines of the Sard Advisory Committee and Professional Advisory Council:

We are graced to have come into a budget meaningful, but we certainly need to start utilizing it in ways that benefit every Sardine, and not just for the very few. Would you please advise the Assembly on where we should focus first?
Minister,

That's quite the question. Our city certainly has much room for improvement in many areas. In addition to those addressed by your recent Assembly proposals, we would highlight the following priorities:

* Education - While it isn't our intent to minimize your Ministry's achievements, it's getting increasingly clear that there are only so many things you can do, budget-wise. Access to quality education is essential for our city's future development, and will be a major boon to our residents' quality of life in the long-term. To that end, we recommend working with the Ministry to use our funds to construct a CEC in Sard and subsidize Sard University to make it tuition free. Investment in basic education would also not be wasted.

* Financial Aid - A significant portion of our residents is currently unemployed. In addition to aiding our economy's recovery, we suggest establishing a Sard Unemployment Allowance, similar to that provided by the Ministry of Interior. It should greatly help a lot of people to make ends meet while they wait for new employment opportunities to arise.

* Care and Shelter - While the national Care and Shelter Agency has already helped many people, it has a limited amount of properties at its' disposal. We recommend converting the recently acquired blighted properties into temporary housing for the homeless, when possible.

* Safety - It's natural to expect that national efforts against crime would focus on Opal, considering its' dire state at present. However, our city has plenty of its' own problems with organized crime. We should work to greatly expand the Ministry of Internal Security's Citizen Auxilary program in Sard, as well as support Neighborhood Watches. The safety of our residents should be a core concern of every one of us.

There are plenty more areas in need of funding, but our resources are limited, and these are the nose we consider most important for the near-future. Th

This recommendation was jointly approved by the Professional Advisory Council and Sard Advisory Committee.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Can we in Topaz get an estimate on the costs associated with the train repair bill and how many derelict buildings might be available for government purchase?

Mayor,

The costs will naturally depend on the bids offered and the Property Appropriation's Committee's decision. For the later, I think we'll learn much by observing the committee's handling of a similar case in Sard. We might expect the railway repair contract to cost somewhere between 6 to 9 million NSC in bulk. Buying out all blighted properties in the city shouldn't cost more than 12 million NSC in bulk in the worst case.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 27, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Comrade Conrad

I've heard recently of some sound proposals coming out of our friends at Sard. While this isn't the full slate of what I have in mind for Topaz, it's certainly a start -- and one that I think we can all agree on. So without further delay;

Establishment of the Topaz Municipal Bank and Fund This would be established to hold deposits of Topazers safely and to help protect such funds in case of crises. It would also offer loans at relatively low rates compared to private institutions for groups looking to start municipally owned co-ops within Topaz. Any interest generated from such loans would be used to establish the Topaz Municipal Fund to be used for capital and land purchases.

Establishment of the Topaz Community Grant Program The Topaz Municipal Government grants authority and funding to the Professional Advisory Council to disburse grants to communities in Topaz that desire to start municipally owned businesses. Any profits from such businesses will be entered into the Topaz Municipal Fund.

The Bedrock of Topaz program The Topaz Municipal Government will procure and disburse basic necessities to Topazers in need of Food, clothing, and basic medicines. Funding would also be set aside for a Parks, Recreation and Agriculture program to establish or revitalize parks and cityscape as well as the establishment of community-run gardens.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
For Consideration of the People's Assembly

CEC Authorization Act

In conjunction and cooperation with the Ministry of Education, funding shall be allocated sufficient for the construction of a CEC in Sard. Operation will be handled by the MOE.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 28, 2018

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

e: NOTHING HERE NO SIREE

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 28, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The drafting phase is now over. The voting phase begins now and will last until Thursday - the 1st of February - at 17:00 UTC.

Proposals under Parliament's consideration:

1. Amendment to the SISTER Act, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.

Proposal under the consideration of the Sard People's Assembly:

1. Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
2. Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
3. The Sun Rises on Sard Program, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
4. CEC Authorization Act, submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.
5. Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.

Proposal under the consideration of the Topaz City Council:

1. Establishment of the Topaz Municipal Bank and Fund, submitted by an SRLF City Councilor.
2. Establishment of the Topaz Community Grant Program, submitted by an SRLF City Councilor.
3. The Bedrock of Topaz Program, submitted by an SRLF City Councilor.

Proposal under the consideration of the Panorama People's Assembly:

1. July 3062 Budget, submitted by Citizen Denver Axo.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 31, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Voting yes across the board.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Minister Bookchin
Proposals under Parliament's consideration:

1. Amendment to the SISTER Act, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin. AYE

Proposal under the consideration of the Sard People's Assembly:

1. Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin. AYE
2. Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin. AYE
3. The Sun Rises on Sard Program, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin. AYE
4. CEC Authorization Act, submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek. AYE

In addition I'm taking a more hands off approach to the Education budget for now until a significant increase in budget is made. The following percentages for each overall department (and line expenditure) along with a minimum funding is submitted for the upcoming month:

This budget presumes that the Sard CEC will be built and has funding allotted for the continued operation of it, as the Bootstrap act initial funding should be complete after the spending in June and July.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 29, 2018

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

Proposal under the consideration of the Panorama People's Assembly:

1. July 3062 Budget, submitted by Citizen Denver Axo. - Aye

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo
Property Appropriation Committee

To the People's Assembly of Sard

Citizens of Sard, I come to report to you the decision reached by the Property Appropriation Committee on the request you submitted to us concerning the valuation of blighted properties within your city. The main body of our discussion was how to properly value properties with such varying degrees of damage and neglect. Some of us favored simply letting the market prices stand and respecting the judgment of investors, and some of us favored a reduction of any market price to better reflect the inevitability of unforeseen and costly repairs. We have come up with an alternative to both methods, which we hope will prove satisfactory.

We will reconvene in 30 days, with the expectation of valuing all blighted properties at 100% of market value. However, we urge the city of Sard to carry out thorough inspections of each of the listed properties during the 30-day priod, and to make the results of these inspections public at the earliest possible time. The release of this information will clear up any ambiguity about the true value of these properties, and the market price will rise or fall accordingly. If a property is blighted in the true sense of the word, then its price will correspondingly decrease as the public learns of the extent of the damage. If it merely needs a new coat of paint, then it will be properly valued at 100%.

I must stress again that the responsibility falls upon the city of Sard to take all necessary measures to ensure every one of these properties are inspected and the results published within the 30-day period.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

tatankatonk posted:

Denver Axo
Property Appropriation Committee

To the People's Assembly of Sard
...I must stress again that the responsibility falls upon the city of Sard to take all necessary measures to ensure every one of these properties are inspected and the results published within the 30-day period.

Comrade Bookchin

Thank you for the update Denver Axo. In light of this update I move to make an Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard. To move quickly on this the Act calls for the Professional Advisory Council to quickly draft a checklist and inspection guide. From that they should be able to select from unemployed contractors and building inspectors willing to inspect these properties - along with a suitable stipend for the work that they perform. Every inspection must be completed with findings publicly published within 30 days of passage.

I also move to have this included immediately with the other set of submitted People's Assembly proposals, and vote AYE.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Just to make things clear, the inclusion of the above proposal into this voting phase despite the drafting phase being over is approved by me and is a unique exception caused by the timing of the Property Appropriation Committee meeting.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Comrade Conrad

*In a letter to the Topaz SLRF Councilors*

Comrades,

While I think the current proposals on our slate don't need too much buttering, I would like to remind you all of the current plight of our citizenry, and all the afflictions that ail them. While these three programs will certainly not alleviate the problems of the working class overnight, I believe they will serve as a valuable vanguard for further reforms in this area. If nothing else, their immediate reception and impact will be able to serve as a bellwether on the most urgent needs of the citizens of Topaz. If you were at all in doubt before, I urge you strongly to reconsider your position, or come to me directly with any issues you may have so that they may be heard and dealt with posthaste.

Conrad Tokyo

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Property Appropriation Committee Statement on the Sard Blighted Properties Request:

We weren't able to reach a conclusive decision on compensation values during our recent meeting and will reconvene on the 28th of July for further discussion. We strongly suggest that the Sard Municipal Government use the intervening time to perform dully documented and recorded inspections of the properties on the list. Such inspections would serve to accurately inform the public of the true state of these properties, thus improving the accuracy of any necessary compensation amounts we declare.

Meeting Transcript:

Transcript of the second meeting of the Property Appropriation Committee. The date is the 8th of July 3062. Those present are Fatima Shwe, Hospes, Denver Axo, Diya Choi and Benjamin Ramachandra.

Fatima: Today, we have a request from the Sard Municipal Government to appropriate blighted properties. Any suggestions as to how we should approach this?

Hospes: The answer seems clear. There are no compelling reasons to set the compensation rates at anything less than 100% of market value. The market value of any blighted property wouldn't be that high, and Sard has plenty of funds due to their ill advised taxation schemes.

Axo: Should we establish our definition of "blighted" first? It seems like a good idea to all be on the same page as to the meaning.

Fatima: A reasonable definition would include any abandoned properties and properties deemed unsafe for habitation or work. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Hospes: Not as far as I can see. The definition seems sensible.

Axo: Seems reasonable, thank you. If I'm not mistaken, municipal codes usually levy penalties on property owners who let their properties become blighted, correct? Either in the form of fees or court orders to begin repairs?

Hospes: That may be the case under ordinary municipal governments, but the much vaunted People's Assembly made no such provisions.

Axo: But any municipality being granted extraordinary powers of appropriation in the form of fees or even seizure of property that poses a public health risk is a precedent you'd be willing to acknowledge exists, yes?

Hospes: Yes. That's what's being discussed now - the forceful appropriation of property. I don't see why the owners, negligent as they may have been, deserve any less than the full market value in compensation. The property being blighted drastically reduces its' market value, which is punishment enough for their negligence.

Axo: I'm not sure I agree with you in the case of blight that poses a health risk to the community because of neglect. In a fundamental way, that neglect has already shown the owner has forfeited their responsibilities. I don't understand why we would rule that, to use a hypothetical, someone should be paid out in full after polluting their property so badly it's made people in the community sick. Furthermore, what if the costs of repair and restoration outweigh the total value of the property? Wouldn't the community be on the hook for someone else's bad behavior?

Hospes: There is no such thing as a "total value of the property". There is only what people are willing to pay for it right now. The problems you describe are reflected in the market value. Not many would be willing to buy a property that poses a health risk.

Axo: No, because few buyers are operating in a state of perfect information. Market value represents the price people are willing to pay. It does not assume that everyone willing to pay something has carried out a full inspection of the property, estimated the full damages, or costed the price of repairs. What people are willing to pay may, in fact, be wildly inaccurate. In the case of properties that pose a health risk, I'm not sure there's any justification for paying the former negligent owner at all. Part of owning a property is an implicit promise of good faith in dealing with the community around the property. The neglect has violated that good faith and shown a clear abandoning of responsibility. In turn, the community is not responsible for seeing the former owner compensated at market value, but at a cost that ensures the community can speedily return the property to a non-threatening state.

Hospes: If you look at the actual request submitted by the municipal government, meaning the act passed by the People's Assembly, you will see that your concerns are already addressed. The properties being appropriated are those on a list of blighted properties produced by the Professional Advisory Council. If a property is on this list, it's obvious that most prospective buyers would be aware of it's poor condition by now, so no inspections or damage estimates are necessary - the current market value already fully reflects the property's current state.

Axo: Sorry, every single one of those properties has had a thorough inspection by city engineers and health workers, and the results have been made public?

Hospes: I am not privy to the inner workings of Sard's Professional Advisory Council, but I can't imagine that they would just put properties on the list arbitrarily, without first conducting a proper examination. The list of blighted properties itself is public, and that is all that's necessary to affect their market value. How much would you pay, were you a prospective buyer, for a property appearing on such a list? It's obvious that the market already made that determination for us. There is nothing else we can or should add.

Axo: So, you don't know if the properties have been inspected. In that case, as your hypothetical prospective buyer, I would have no real idea whether the property values are sensible or not.

Hospes: Is there a reason to distrust the PAC's assessment on the matter?

Axo: Is there a reason to assume that they have done anything more than a brief assessment of the property in order to categorize it as blighted? My point is this: prospective buyers have no magic crystal ball that can tell them the true extent of damages caused by neglect. As the collective judgment of prospective buyers constitutes "market value", market value in this case is no reliable judge of value.

Hospes: What other metric do you propose we use then? It hardly seems appropriate to have the municipal government decide how much they would have to pay, and this committee doesn't have the resources to physically inspect every property on the list in a reasonable timeframe.

Axo: A blanket valuing of 40% market value. There will be some properties that just need a new coat of paint, true. But there will be many more that require years of work, de-polluting, and many times the initial valuing in repairs. 40% seems like a reasonable midpoint to me personally, but I welcome the opinions of the rest of the committee who have not yet spoken.

Hospes: So, first you argue that the market value can't possibly truly reflect the current state of a property, and then you suggest using it anyway, but at a substantially reduced rate. The only explanation I can think of for this line of argument is that you simply want to reduce the amount the SMG needs to pay, perhaps as a precedent for some future wider property appropriation initiative. Am I wrong?

Axo: Yes, you're wrong. I just said -- and you seemed to be in tacit agreement -- that the market value is made up of the collective judgment of prospective buyers. Let's go through my reasoning step by step so you can follow it. First, it does not seem likely that the city has done thorough inspections of every property. Second, following that the city has not done so, it seems likely that any buyer does not know the total cost of repairs or the true value of the property following the cost of repairs. Third, following that market value has some analytic virtue -- even if it's not a wholly reliable metric in this specific case -- we can base a reasonable judgment on an adjustment of that value, as long as we provide some estimation of these very likely repair costs. Fourth, it is likely that some of these repairs will prove to be extremely costly in money and time. Fifth, it is likely that there will also be some properties that require only a little repair. Sixth, it follows that we should factor both into our adjustment of market value, and seek a reasonable midpoint. Thus, my figure of forty percent.

I welcome the comments of my colleagues who have not yet spoken. What seems like a reasonable figure, in your judgment?

Hospes: I don't see how that argument leads you to 40%. You are making a purely arbitrary assumption that all blighted properties are overvalued by the market. By the same token, I could say that placing a property on that list creates a chilling effect on prospective buyers regardless of the actual state of the property, and that the true compensation value should be 160%.

Axo: I stated that it is likely that some of them will be hugely overvalued once the full cost of repairs are made known after inspections. What does a chilling effect have to do with anything? We're being asked to make the valuation. I just said we shouldn't base the whole of our judgment on market value.

Hospes: And yet you are basing the whole of YOUR judgment on market value. You just decided it must be a relatively small percentage of that value. If you are claiming that the value is inaccurate, there is no reason to assume that it is inaccurate in the direction you think. Who is to say that the market doesn't undervalue those properties? My assumption has as much factual basis as yours.

Axo: Don't insult the intelligence of the committee, Mr. Hospes. I literally just stated the facts of why any blighted properties must have the possibility of repairs factored into their valuation, and that we should accordingly seek a midpoint to represent both the properties that will require little repair and the properties that will require a great deal of repair. If all you have left is sophistry, then let's just vote.

Hospes: Why should the cost of repairs factor into deciding the size of the owners' compensation?

Axo: Because the city is mandated to clean them up and end the threat to public health.

Hospes: Setting aside the fact that it isn't mandated to do that at all, unless I missed some recently passed Assembly proposal, why is that a concern of this committee? We are here to ensure that the rights of property holders are respected in any appropriation requests, without compromising the local government too much. I don't see how the cost of repairs is any of our concern.

Axo: Are you really going to say that you don't think the future cost of repairs of a property should figure into the valuation of a property, Hospes. Should houses on fire be valued at 100%? Don't be asinine.

Hospes: The one being asinine is you. From the very beginning, I have advocated using the market value, which takes the property's current state into account. You argued that the market value doesn't take this into account, and so decided to still rely on it, but at a reduced rate, due to your arbitrary assumption that the market overvalues most properties, despite the fact they were placed on a publicly accessible list that marks them as blighted. You have refused to provide any basis for this assertion, other than prospective buyers not having information on the cost of repairs. I countered this by suggesting that the lack of full information on the state of a property PUBLICLY MARKED AS BLIGHTED is more likely to lead to undervaluing by the market than overvaluing. Instead of responding to this, you simply repeated your previous assertion. I ask again, what basis do you have to claim that a lack of information on repairs costs leads to an overvaluing of properties that are KNOWN TO BE BLIGHTED?

Axo: Oh, that's all? That's pretty simple: neither the nature nor the extent of the blight is made public. You can see lots of things from the street, but not whether the property is polluted, or its timbers are rotting, or its basement is flooded, if it has mold, or any number of hidden things that require repair. I think it's unlikely that there's a collective paranoia in investors that assumes every property is the worst case scenario.

Hospes: Why not? If you were an investor, would you give the owner of a blighted property the benefit of the doubt? Or would you assume things to be worse than they claim?

Axo: It's not a question of investors charitably extending the benefit of the doubt. They simply don't have the background to fully identify the extent of damages without a full inspection. The 40% figure is based on my judgment that there will inevitably be damages initially invisible to investors that only reveal themselves after the purchase.

Hospes: That's precisely why potential investors would undervalue any such property. If they don't have a way to accurately assess the current state, and they know the owner was negligent enough for the property to be considered blighted, they will naturally tend to assign it a lower value!

Axo: I agree with you. But I don't think even the pessimism of an investor can really address the variation in types of damages. Some of these properties will have to be written off entirely, and cost many times more in repair than what they're sold for -- so what would a fair market value for those be? Zero, of course. So, our judgment must reflect a midpoint between these two extremes.

Hospes: There is a hidden assumption here, that there are enough properties where that would be the case to justify going towards the middle, rather than say 80%.

Axo: I admit that I bring to the table plenty of distrust of property owners who shirk their responsibilities so flagrantly, just as your figure will probably be too high out of your wariness in making sure property rights are respected. But I can come to the middle in the name of fairness and expediency. Halfway between my 40 and your 80 is 60. Can we settle on that?

Hospes: This isn't some sort of give and take negotiation. Those properties aren't mine to serve as bargaining chips. We are here to determine a reasonable value for the size of the compensation. You have laid out your unsupported assumption about the current number of severely overvalued properties, and I have offered my similarly unsupported assumption. There is no sense in simply taking the middle of the two and calling that a job well done, as if it was a product of some reasoned assessment rather than the average of what are essentially two educated guesses.

Axo: You don't fathom the nature of your responsibilities on this committee. We were appointed by the esteemed Interior Minister for precisely the purpose you find so disagreeable. Our collective judgment is judged to be an acceptable arbiter of these issues, and in turn our judgments serve as the basis of law. This negotiation, which you seem to so arrogantly despise, is how our judgments transform from our individual thoughts into the collective decision of this body. If you do not feel that it is worth your time to discuss these matters with your fellow committee members or moderate your own views to form a consensus, kindly excuse yourself from future meetings, and we will assume that you are for 100% valuations of everything and are a no vote on any other proposal. Let's vote, if Hospes is the only other member speaking.

Hospes: There is no need for such hostility. What do you propose we vote on?

Axo: A 60% valuation of all blighted property, as the midpoint of our respective estimates.

Hospes: "Estimates" is an interesting word for "guesses not based on anything", but go right ahead.
Fatima: Wait a moment...perhaps it would be better to order more precise inspections of the properties? ... Though, I admit I am not sure if we have the authority to do that.

Axo: That would be my preference, honestly. I understand the need for expediency, but if the inspections were actually carried out, then I'd agree with Mr. Hospes that the market valuation would accurately reflect the state of the properties.

Diya: I think our lack of authority can be worked around. How about this: we stop this meeting here without reaching a decision (we have 30 days, after all) and suggest that the SMG carry out full, properly documented and recorded inspections of the properties on the list. Whether or not they comply, we reconvene at the end of the month and place the valuation at 100% of the market value ~at that time~. In this way, they are encouraged to conduct the inspections, so that the values will go down. Unless Mr. Hospes guess was right and properties are currently undervalued, in which case they will go up. In either case, the values we reach then will more accurately reflect reality, unless the SMG is unwilling to cooperate, in which case there is nothing we can do. What do you think?

Axo: That's a wonderful solution. I'm in favor.

Fatima: Any objections?

Hospes: Not from me.

Fatima: Then let's go with that. This committee will recommend that the Sard Municipal Government carry out full, properly documented and recorded inspections of all properties on their list. As we haven't reached a decision on the proper compensations, we will reconvene on the 28th of July to further discuss this request. Any further comments?

[Silence.]

Fatima: Then this meeting is adjourned.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek
Minister of Security

That the arch capitalist real estate investor would be so concerned for the slum lords is no surprise, and I thank Comrade Axo for his able work in advancing a point of view that considers more than the bottom line of those who have allowed Sard to fall into decay.

To be sure, I support the emergency proposal

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Judicial Appointments to Regular Courts:

The Judicial Appointments Committee has approved the nomination slate presented by Chief Justice Chloe Wafer. In addition, the following lawyers were appointed to the specified courts:

* Mila Newell - Rural Regions Court - Former CLF member, current TRC Commissioner

* Thom Marechal - Rural Regions Court - Panorama based lawyer, former CLF member

* Hannah Aria - Rural Regions Court - Former Property Court judge

* Karl Samuelsson - Civil Court of Appeals - Former tort lawyer in Topaz

* Rob Spear - Criminal Court of Appeals - Former Sard District Attorney

* Prime Minister Luxemburg - Death Penalty Tribunal

* Aphra Bright (tatankatonk) - Death Penalty Tribunal - Former prosecutor under the regime, selected randomly.

* Francis De Villiers (Godlovesus) - Death Penalty Tribunal - ???, selected randomly.

Meeting Transcript:

Transcript of the second meeting of the Judicial Appointments Committee. The date is the 2nd of July 3062. Those present are Councilor Rhamnusia, Minister of Internal Security Radek, Minister of Justice Victor Knapfstein, Member Tarquin Black, Chief Justice Chloe Wafer and Rebecca Arendt.

Rhamnusia: The purpose of this meeting is to fill all of the remaining vacancies in our court system.

Chloe: If I may begin, I have prepared a report with my recommendations on the matter. I would like the rest of you to look through it and offer your opinions.

Radek: Largely unobjectionable, though to be sure I have my own ideas for a few of the open seats. I appreciate the perhaps unconventional suggestion for the Death Penalty Tribunal.

Chloe: If so, now would be the time to voice these ideas.

Radek: Do we intend to go down the list of open seats? I figured we would raise our suggestions at the appropriate time.

Chloe: You're right. Perhaps it would be better to go court by court. Let's start with the Rural Regions Court. Does anyone have candidates in mind?

Victor: I have a couple of names in mind. I will start with the most controversial - I want Rachel Gales to take up a position on this court as well. She is more than qualified for it, and pledges to recuse herself when a conflict of interest with her position on the Constitutional Court may arise.

Tarquin: Are you out of your mind? He can't be serious!

Radek: I'm not interested in restarting the Gales Controversy, and being a member of the Constitutional Court is a full time job with full time responsibilities. I'm sure there are any number of qualified candidates on your list, but Gales I do not think is right for the job.

Tarquin: Words of reason, at last!

Victor: I don't see why not. The Constitutional Court has yet to hear even a single case in the last four months. Surely it can't be that busy. I would hope my comrade in arms isn't swayed by some narrow political consideration?

Radek: Comrade Minister, if I was to be swayed entirely by narrow political consideration, I wouldn't have supported Gales to the Constitutional Court to begin with. But surely your bench is deep enough that we can look elsewhere for these appointments, surely there are other names we can put forth in contention for these important positions. You said you had other names in mind, let us continue to those.

Victor: There are. I would recommend current TRC commissioner Mila Newell for the position.

Tarquin: What legal experience does she have?

Victor: She was a lawyer, before our struggle began. Furthermore, her role on the TRC has prepared her for a position of this kind, I would think.

Tarquin: Ludicrous. We can't just hand the role of judge to any lawyer. Especially one with a clear conflict of interest.

Radek: Sounds about as qualified as many of the nominations put forth by our illustrious Chief Justice, with the added bonus that she's been recently been in an active judiciary role. I've no objections.

Tarquin: Are we really going to hand over the court responsible for the areas policed by the CLF to a high-ranking member of the CLF? You don't see any issue with this?

Victor: The CLF is a collection of brave citizens dedicated to true justice. Being a member should increase one's qualifications for this position, if anything.

Radek: To automatically disqualify anyone who participated in the CLF from a role in the rural areas would disenfranchise quite a lot of the population that lives there.

Tarquin: This isn't about franchise, it's about separation of powers.

Radek: Your premise is flawed, she isn't an active member of the CLF, I do not know how long it has been since she left them, but if you'll refer back to the documentation for her nomination to the TRC she's already a "former member" by that point so there's no active conflict of interest involved and I'm confident that she will be able to subsume any sympathies behind judicial impartiality.

Tarquin: I am not. I don't see why you would assume that.

Rhamnusia: Shall we vote?

Radek: Ready.

Rhamnusia: We will now vote on appointing Commissioner Mila Newell to the Rural Regions Court. Register your votes now.

Radek: Support

Rhamnusia: Support

Tarquin: Oppose

Chloe: Abstain

Rebecca: Abstain

Rhamnusia: In a 3-1 vote, this committee appoints Mila Newell to the Rural Regions Court.

Victor: Does my fellow Minister have a candidate in mind? He too is a veteran of the struggle for justice, after all.

Radek: Yes, let me gather my materials.

For the next open seat on the RRC, I present Thom Marechal of Panorama. A jack-of-all-trades type of lawyer, as many rural lawyers find themselves by necessity, Marechal handled everything from criminal defense to drafting wills, a breadth of experience I think will serve him well when it comes to the bench. Marechal maintained his practice as best he could during the Dictatorship - his remoteness and relative small-time nature serving to keep him off the radar of the Dictators for a good chunk of their reign. When the legal system finally broke down entirely, Marechal did what he could to support the struggle - not a front line fighter, no, but certainly willing to do whatever he could to support those that were. I hope he may now be able to put that devotion to the people and his community to higher purpose.

Tarquin: Why does any of that qualify him to be a judge?

Radek: The man has experience with multiple facets of the law, he has a knowledge and connection to the people under his jurisdiction, and has demonstrated his adherence to the ideals of the Revolution and our new society that we all strive to uphold daily.

Tarquin: We can't let any random CLF lawyer take up such an important position. A depth of knowledge and experience is necessary, rather than just a breadth of the same.

Radek: I remember the "depth of knowledge" the FSP considers appropriate for the court based on their ill-fated Constitutional nomination, so forgive me if I disagree. These courts have an insanely broad mandate - while depth in any one individual area can be augmented as needed, having a wide familiarity can only be an asset when back to back cases may cover wildly different subject matters.

Tarquin: My nomination did have the necessary depth of knowledge, being the only nominee to have experience in a similar position in the old Supreme Court. But let us not waste any more time.

Rhamnusia: We will now vote on appointing Thom Marechal to the Rural Regions Court. Register your votes now.

Radek: Support

Rhamnusia: Support

Victor: Support

Chloe: Abstain

Rebecca: Support

Rhamnusia: In a 4-1 vote, this committee appoints Thom Marechal to the Rural Regions Court.

Victor: I have another candidate in mind. John Compton, another ex-CLF lawyer. He acted as a "military" judge and resolved disputes within the CLF. I am sure you see how this makes him highly qualified for the position.

Tarquin: I don't, but my opinion doesn't matter here, it seems.

Radek: Does he have any formal legal training or background?

Victor: Yes. He is a Sard University law graduate (second degree) and worked as an assistant in a law firm for a time.

Tarquin: Are you people serious?

Victor: I don't see what is lacking here. He has proven experience in administering justice. What else do you want?

Radek: There is, I must admit, a difference between working as an assistant and standing at the bar. While the wartime service is admirable, to be sure, we aren't operating under wartime law any longer - I'd much rather us nurture the talent, through clerkship or otherwise, than attempt to place him in a position of such import that I do not believe him to be ready for.
Such an action would fail both us and him, potentially prematurely capping an otherwise hopeful future - we'll certainly need an army of dedicated public servants like him.

Tarquin: I agree completely. Where was this discerning judgment when you voted in favor of appointing Rachel Gales to the Constitutional Court?

Radek: Different courts, different times.

Tarquin: So the Rural Regions Court is more important than the Constitutional Court?

Radek: I'll be happy to discuss my views on the roles and requirements of the court system at another time, but our agenda remains long and I'd like to continue with it.

Victor: I am forced to accept. It's unfortunate that limited electoral considerations cloud your judgment on this matter, Minister. However, I have no more candidates waiting in the wings. Perhaps you are willing to present another? Or someone else?

Tarquin: I won't bother with this farce any longer. Wake me up when we discuss another court.

Radek: Very well, I will be brief. Hannah Aria, former Property Court judge under the last civilian administration and the first years of Vallestein, before being summarily replaced with a rubber stamp who would be willing to ensure the verdicts the Dictator and his cronies wanted. Known for populist sympathies, not an active fighter during the Revolution but certainly a strong backer, seeing it as the best and only chance to return to a rule of law and a system where the little guy had a chance to stand up against the rich, powerful, and connected. Placing Judge Aria on the bench would provide a core of experience and wisdom we'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere.

Rhamnusia: Any objections?

[Sillence.]

Rhamnusia: Then this committee appoints Hannah Aria to the Rural Regions Court.

Chloe: Let's move on to the Civil Court of Appeals. Does anyone have a second candidate?
Victor: It seems my candidates will offend this committee's surprisingly delicate sensibilities, so I will have to rely on my fellow Minister and comrade in the struggle for true justice here as well.

Radek: Very well, let me bring up the file. While I do so, might I get a bit more information regarding the nomination already made?
Chloe: Naturally. She sat on the Sard Civil Court, and was mainly known for her anti-monopoly rulings and upholding the responsibilities of corporations to the rest of society, rather than just to their owners or shareholders. Do you have any objections to her nomination?

Radek: Not at all, merely wanted a bit more information. I will have my own presently.

To complement Judge Schrader, I offer Karl Samuelsson - former tort lawyer in Topaz, predominantly focusing on how best to use the law to benefit the dispossessed and otherwise powerless. A true believer in the necessity of a functioning justice system, Samuelsson continued to practice relatively deep into the Vallstein administration - after all, he reasoned, if all the good lawyers gave up, the system would be irrevocably broken. Once it was clear that system was broken anyway, Samuelsson joined his local Popular Resistance cell, where he contributed as best he could through the remaining years. With the fall of Greene, Samuelsson has returned to his private practice fighting for the rights of the common man, but would certainly answer the call of his country should we extend it.

Rhamnusia: Any objections?

Tarquin: No, but I want to make it clear for the record how similar this nominee is to my own nominee for the Constitutional Court, whom the Minister rejected vehemently.

Radek: Except for a few fundamental differences, but this tangent is non germane and a distraction from the still lengthy list of vacancies we have to fill.

Rhamnusia: Since there are no objections, this committee appoints Karl Samuelsson to the Civil Court of Appeals.

Chloe: Let's move on to the Criminal Court of Appeals. Any candidates?

Radek: Was Judge Schraders made official? Just for the record.

Chloe: No, I think it would be prudent to vote for my entire slate of nominees at the end, after any necessary modifications are made.

Radek: Ah.

Tarquin: Disregarding that, I can't understand what possessed you to choose Ms. Perera as your nominee. She has very few relevant qualifications. Frankly, the decision seems to have been made entirely based on her notoriety among the general public.

Radek: What better person to render justice than one intimately familiar with justice perverted
The familiarity Ms. Perera has with a justice system run amok can only be beneficial on the bench, as she does her best to ensure such atrocities never repeat themselves.

Chloe: I agree. In addition, any judicial system must reflect the consensus at the base of society, and considering the revolution, I don't see who else is better suited to carrying out that role.

Tarquin: Fine, I won't bother with opposing her any further.

Chloe: Now, on to the second candidate. Anyone?

Victor: As I said, I yield that privilege to the other Minister.

Radek: District Attorney Rob Spear of Sard. An ADA in the run up to the Dictatorship, Spear resigned along with many others in the department once Vallenstein's thumb started pushing down hard on the scales of justice. Spear spent many of the following years codifying his legal philosophy into a series of works: in short, the necessity of a universal and incorruptible justice system as the foundation of a civilized society. Only in such a society, where the individual can be confident of equality under the law can true prosperity be found. Perhaps more noticeable is his loathing of Organized Crime, above and beyond that demonstrated by many of his colleagues. Seeing the corruption and violence inherent in the prolific gangs of Sirta as diametrically opposed to the just society he envisions, he's dedicated his remaining years to taking action against the threat however he can. With the fall of the Dictator, he was tapped to help re-establish our prosecutorial system due to his beliefs and experience, and I believe that he would serve admirably on the Criminal Court of Appeals.

Chloe: I agree. That seems like a spectacular candidate.

Tarquin: No objections here.

Rhamnusia: Then this committee appoints Rob Spear to the Criminal Court of Appeals.

Chloe: Now, does anyone have any issues with any of my other nominees?

Radek: Nothing leaps to mind, it seems a decent mix of backgrounds and legal specialties.

Tarquin: I don't see any significant issues either.

Rhamnusia: Then all are in favor of appointing all of the nominees listed in Chief Justice Wafer's report?

Victor: I am.

Radek: Aye.

Tarquin: As am I.

Rhamnusia: Then this committee appoints all of the listed nominees to their respective courts.

Chloe: Now, any objections to my Death Penalty Tribunal plan?

Victor: Only one. It seems more apt to appoint the Justice Minister, rather than the Prime Minister.

Tarquin: Don't even consider it.

Radek: The man has a point - the Prime Minister might be better suited to a general pardon power, which is outside the jurisdiction of this committee, but as a matter of Justice, it seems....well fitting that it be added to the portfolio of the Justice Minister. As the Committeeman appears to have qualms about the particular Justice Minister we have so ably filling the position at the moment, I note that on his own he would still be outvoted.

Tarquin: If anything, the Leader of Opposition should be appointed in addition to the Prime Minister, so that both sections of society are represented.

Radek: I don't see a need for that. "Both sections" seems a bit grandiose a claim considering the actual strength of the current Opposition. The Courts are in the remit of the Ministry of Justice, it makes sense for the Minister of Justice to weigh in when we come to the most final of punishments. With two civilians for counterbalancing, the system works.

Chloe: With all due respect to both Ministers, my intent was to ensure that capital punishment would only be applied after being confirmed by representatives of the people, exemplified by the Prime Minister and two randomly selected citizens. It is precisely because of the Minister of Justice's authority over the prosecution that he can't fill that role.

Radek: Hmm.

Chloe: He is too involved with the judicial system itself.

Radek: If the Minister of Justice is day-to-day more involved with individual prosecutions than I had assumed, I can see your point. Are there other thoughts on the matter?

Victor: The Prime Minister appoints the Minister of Justice and may dismiss them at any time, just like the Minister of Justice appoints prosecutors and may dismiss them at any time. The relationship to the judicial system is therefore similar for these two positions. I still maintain that the Minister of Justice is the better choice here.

Tarquin: Says the Minister of Justice himself.

Rhamnusia: Shall we vote?

Radek: I'll admit I'm not entirely briefed on the full extent of the Minister of Justice's involvement in individual case - if it's merely the power to hire and fire prosecutors, I do not personally believe that is enough of a direct conflict to disqualify. Should the Committee disagree, however, I do have faith that Prime Minister Luxemburg would take care to consult with the experts in the Ministry of Justice, including of course it's leader, to come to a decision.

Chloe: In addition to hiring prosecutors, the Ministry of Justice issues guidelines as to what cases should be prosecuted and how. I think this certainly qualifies as involvement direct enough to render them unfit for the position at the Death Penalty Tribunal. That appointment would be similar to appointing the prosecutor seeking a death penalty directly to the tribunal authorizing its' use.

Radek: If the Ministry of Justice is authorizing their prosecutors to seek the death penalty, then that would seem to give the Minister the input he deserves. With that in mind, I have no objections to the plan as proposed.

Rhamnusia: Any further objections?

[Silence.]

Rhamnusia: Then this committee appoints Prime Minister Luxemburg to the Death Penalty Tribunal and orders the random selection of two adult citizens with no criminal records to fill the other vacancies. Is there anything else?

Radek: May our nominees serve faithfully and well, I don't believe there is any further business.

Victor: I concur. May they hasten the struggle for justice towards its' only acceptable conclusion.

Rhamnusia: Then this meeting is adjourned.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 30, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Public Statement of Sensitive Information and Special Security Committee on Ongoing Intelligence Service Restructuring:

A comprehensive review of the current state of our Public Safety, Security Information and Early Warning systems conducted by the Government Advisor on Public Safety uncovered several major defects in the areas of reporting, decision making and government oversight. After extensive discussion and incorporating input from all members of the committee, several major changes to the structure of the Intelligence Service were decided on. They are as follows:

1. All IS projects shall produce quarterly reports on their current objectives, ongoing operations and future intentions, to be delivered before the committee. The committee may call on each project's head for further questioning, if required.

2. The committee will posses the exclusive authority of creating, terminating and modifying the scope of all IS projects.

3. An independent unit shall be established within the service, to handle reports of corruption, negligence and other misconduct. Any operative will be able to file an anonymous report at any time, without informing anyone else. The unit shall collate these reports and shall have the authority to carry out internal investigations and temporarily suspend any member. The unit shall keep this committee regularly updated of its' activities.

4. The committee shall appoint any future project heads, and reserves the right to dismiss them at any time.

5. The committee shall hold the right to declassify and publish any Intelligence Service reports and records, should it find it necessary.

6. The committee shall be able to order a halt to any ongoing Intelligence Service operation at any time.

The committee is in unanimous agreement that these will greatly improve the Intelligence Service's connection with the government, as well as greatly bolster the effectiveness of the security apparatus as a whole.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Rutherford Vanderbush, Citizen Seat

Amendment to the SISTER Act - AYE

As to my opinion on Mayor Conrad's recent proposals... While I understand the intent, there are a number of his proposals that I think might be better implemented at the national level, and I think that funding is perhaps overly... experimental, for my tastes. Assuming the success of a startup is... optimistic, to say the least. I don't oppose the grants themselves, or the businesses in question feeding into the Topaz Municipal fund, but I think funding of our public spaces ought to be better guaranteed at this point.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

AYE to all

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
July 3062 Parliament Votes:

The voting phase is over. Remember that, in the narrative, these votes were separate and took place over the duration of the month, rather than all at once.

Proposals under consideration:

1. Amendment to the SISTER Act, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.

Party Breakdown:

* SRLF:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support 17, Abstain 1, Oppose 0

* Dawn:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support 8, Abstain 1, Oppose 0

* UCS:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support 3, Abstain 3, Oppose 0

* FDG:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support 0, Abstain 6, Oppose 0

* DAL:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support 0, Abstain 6, Oppose 0

* FSP:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support 0, Abstain 3, Oppose 0

* Unity Coalition:

* KNK:

* The Community:

* VM:

Guardian Council Appointments:

* Vera Albright:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support

* Thomas Gill:
## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Abstain

* Frank Probst:

* Lucia Caldera:

* Sander Hansen:

* Lisa Wyatt:

* William Viner:

* Roger Rockwell:

* Janet Oliphant:

* Silvia Collins:

* Rachel Hoffman:

* Paul Thiede:

* Della Jalbert:

* Sofia Juhl:

* Jade Ross:

Citizen Seats:

* Rutherford T. Vanderbush:

* Jessica Ramsey:

* Susanne Brandt:

* Autumn Black:

* Grace Wright:

Overall:

## Amendment to the SISTER Act – Support 40, Abstain 40, Oppose 0

Outcome:

The following bills were passed into law:

* Amendment to the SISTER Act

July 3062 People’s Assemblies Votes:

In narrative, all listed votes represent not only the individual character’s vote but the votes of a segment of the population that voted similarly.

Sard:

Proposals:

1. Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
2. Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
3. The Sun Rises on Sard Program, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.
4. CEC Authorization Act, submitted by Minister of Internal Security Radek.
5. Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard, submitted by Minister of Education Bookchin.

Votes:

* Prime Minister Luxemburg:
## Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – Support
## Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program – Support
## Sun Rises on Sard Program – Support
## CEC Authorization Act – Support
## Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard - Support

* Minster of Education Bookchin:

* Minister of Internal Security Radek:

* Minister of Finance ReSeAu Gen:
## Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – Abstain
## Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program – Abstain
## Sun Rises on Sard Program – Abstain
## CEC Authorization Act – Abstain
## Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard - Abstain

* Minister of Health Dr. Xavier Dubois:
## Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – Abstain
## Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program – Abstain
## Sun Rises on Sard Program – Abstain
## CEC Authorization Act – Abstain
## Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard - Abstain

* Member of Parliament Stefan Borisov:

* Member of Parliament Lenore Hughes:

Total:

## Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – Support 5, Abstain 2, Oppose 0
## Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program – Support 5, Abstain 2, Oppose 0
## Sun Rises on Sard Program – Support 5, Abstain 2, Oppose 0
## CEC Authorization Act – Support 5, Abstain 2, Oppose 0
## Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard - Support 5, Abstain 2, Oppose 0

Accepted Proposals:

* Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund
* Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program
* Sun Rises on Sard Program
* CEC Authorization Act
* Emergency Proposal on Inspection of Blighted Properties in Sard

Panorama:

Proposals:

1. July 3062 Budget, submitted by Citizen Axo.

Votes:

* Citizen Denver Axo:
## July 3062 Budget – Support

Total:

## July 3062 Budget – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0

Accepted Proposals:

* July 3062 Budget

July 3062 City Council Votes:

For the sake of brevity, I omit all NPC controlled cities with no player suggested bills. They still pass various bills, which I will summarize or provide in full upon request.

Topaz:

Proposals:

1. Establishment of the Topaz Municipal Bank and Fund, submitted by an SRLF City Councilor.
2. Establishment of the Topaz Community Grant Program, submitted by an SRLF City Councilor.
3. Bedrock of Topaz Program, submitted by an SRLF City Councilor.

Votes:

* SRLF:
## Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – Support 7, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program – Support 7, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bedrock of Topaz Program – Support 7, Abstain 0, Oppose 0

* FDG:
## Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – Support 0, Abstain 4, Oppose 3
## Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program – Support 0, Abstain 4, Oppose 3
## Bedrock of Topaz Program – Support 0, Abstain 4, Oppose 3

Total:

## Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – Support 7, Abstain 4, Oppose 3
## Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program – Support 7, Abstain 4, Oppose 3
## Bedrock of Topaz Program – Support 7, Abstain 4, Oppose 3

Outcome:

The following bills were passed into law:

* Establishment of the Sard Municipal Bank and Fund
* Establishment of the Sard Community Grant Program
* Bedrock of Topaz Program

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 5, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The August 3062 drafting phase begins now and will last until Wednesday - the 7th of February - at 12:30 UTC. Income and expenses summaries will be edited into this post shorty.

Expected Government Income and Expenses for August 3062:

Income Breakdown: Entries are listed in the “income source – income amount – algorithmically estimated loss from tax evasion and other relevant forms of crime” format.

Meaning that, in a crime free world, you would have both of them combined.

* Income tax, bottom bracket – 76 – 21

* Income tax, lower middle bracket – 88 – 18

* Income tax, upper middle bracket – 100 – 6

* Income tax, top bracket – 154 – at least 120

* Sales tax – 65 – 24

* Personal Vehicle Tax – 13 – 12

* Legal Addictive Substances Tax – 0.4 – 3.8

* Corporate Tax – 103 – too many factors for remotely accurate estimation, but at least 50

* Foreign Aid – 14.2 – 1.1

* Trade Tariffs – 16 – 10.6

* [Outstanding Tax Payments – 13 – at least 80, likely much more]

* [Punitive Fees for Tax Evasion – 0.5 – 0]

* [Government Bond Purchases – 1.4 – 0]

* Other Sources – 2 – 1.2

Overall Income: 646.5

Expenses:

* Prime Minister’s Office – 6

* Ministry of Justice – 77.58 (12% of income)

* Ministry of Defence – 71.12 (11% of income)

* Ministry of Internal Security – 87.28 (13.5% of income)

* Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 21.01 (3.25% of income)

* Ministry of Interior – 37.17 (5.75% of income)

* Ministry of Finance – 63.03 (9.75% of income)

* Ministry of Education – 69.50 (10.75% of income)

* Ministry of Infrastructure – 90.51 (14% of income)

* Ministry of Health – 71.12 (11% of income)

* Office of the Attorney General – 4

* Sirtan Budgetary Office – 1.2

* Regular Court System – 17

* Truth and Reconciliation Commission - 4

* Parliament – 10

* Guardian Council – 8

* Government Bond Payments – 4.7

* Other Expenses – 2

* Emergency Fund – 1.29 (total – 8.71)

Overall Expenses: 646.5

Remaining: 0

Expected Local Government Income and Expenses for August 3062:

Sard:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax – 17 – 12

* Business Tax – 16 – at least 13

* Income Tax – 14 – at least 15

* Estate Tax – 3 – at least 5

* Asset Transfer Tax – 2.3 – 4.5

* [Remaining from last month – 115.3 - 0]

Overall Income: 167.6

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee – 3

* Sard Executive Council – 2.5

* Office of the Sard Attorney – 0.5

* Professional Advisory Council – 2.7

* [Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – 5]

* [Sard Community Grant Program – 7.5]

* Sun Rises on Sard Program – 3.5

* [CEC Construction – 4.5]

Overall Expenses: 29.2

Remaining: 138.4

Topaz:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax (5%) - 21 – 15

* Business Tax (2.5%) - 36 – at least 20

* [Remaining from last month – 47 – 0]

Overall Income: 104

Expenses:

* Mayor’s Office – 1.5

* City Council – 3.5

* [Sard Municipal Bank and Fund – 5]

* [Sard Community Grant Program – 7.5]

* Bedrock of Topaz Program – 2.2

Overall Expenses: 19.7

Remaining: 84.3

Panorama:

Income Breakdown:

* Profits from Voluntarily Appropriated Business – 3.9 – 0.15

* [Remaining from last month – 0.063 - 0]

Overall Income: 3.963

Expenses:

* Residential Power – 0.065

Overall Expenses: 0.565

Remaining: 3.398

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 5, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Property Appropriation Committee Decision on Sard Blighted Properties:

As previously announced, we have officially set the compensation rate on all blighted properties on the list at 100% of their current market value. You can view the precise figures for each property through our SCN channel. The properties on the list can be broadly divided into Residential (28.5 million NSC), Storage (12 million NSC), Commercial (14.5 million NSC), Manufacturing (6 million NSC) and Other (4 million NSC). The total compensation value for all properties combined is 65 million NSC.

Meeting Transcript:

Transcript of the third meeting of the Property Appropriation Committee. The date is the 28th of July 3062. Those present are Fatima Shwe, Hospes, Denver Axo, Diya Choi and Benjamin Ramachandra.

Fatima: So, does anyone have any objections to setting the compensation amounts at 100% of market value, as we agreed last time?

Axo: After extending the option for further inspection to the City of Sard, I have no objection.

Hospes: Neither do I.

Fatima: Then this committee unanimously agrees to setting the compensation amounts for all blighted properties on Sard's list to be 100% of market value. Any further comments?

Axo: Thank you to Committee Chair Shwe and Committee member Choi for their creativity in coming to this solution.

Hospes: I agree, it saved our economy some future anguish, I imagine.

Diya: Creativity is an overstatement. It was simply the most natural way to compel the SMP to carry out the inspections.

Fatima: Well, since we have nothing else to discuss, this meeting is adjourned.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

August 3062 Budget Proposal

Income Breakdown:

* Profits from Voluntarily Appropriated Business – 3.9 – 0.15

* [Remaining from last month – 0.063 - 0]

Overall Income: 3.963

Expenses:

* Residential Power – 0.065

Overall Expenses: 0.565

Remaining: 3.398

Expenditures

Miscellaneous

PARI funding: 300,000 NSC

Hiring bonuses for 10 Agronomy research professorship positions, with an offer of lifetime employment and clean rural living: 288,000 NSC (28,800 each)

Compensatory Payments

Remaining Vital Other Assets: 580,000 NSC

Not-Vital Real Estate, Stores & Pharmacies: 2,100,000 NSC

Remainder: 130,000 NSC

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Comrade Bookchin
Sard Peoples Assembly

I move that the Sard Municipal Government purchase all properties on the approved list for the total of 65 million NSC.

As this is nearly a tenth of all properties in Sard, the clean up and rehabilitation of these properties will mean quite a few jobs for the foreseeable future. I'm open to any Sardine's opinions on how to proceed in the best manner here.

I also wish to formally propose the prior suggestion on establishing a Sard Unemployment Allowance, to help Sardines make ends meet while waiting for new opportunities. Tentatively looking at providing 100 NSC a month for a period of three months, to be reviewed in 3 months for possible renewal once we have some SMG owned businesses running.

Finally I also propose the Solidarity Against Crime Act Sard Municipal Government will work with the Ministry of Internal Security's Citizen Auxilary program in Sard, as well as support and organize Neighborhood Watches within Sard. Organized Crime has no home in Sard anymore!

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 6, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

E: Nevermind

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 6, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Comrade Radek
Minister of Security

Three acts for consideration by parliament

Public Lands Act posted:

All lands on the planet of Janus IV, hereby referred to as Sirta, with the exception of lands owned by private individuals and lands held in trust by Local Governments, belong to the people of Sirta. As the National Government represents the will of the people of Sirta, such lands which belong to the people of Sirta will be held in trust by the National Government, and may not be sold or granted without an act by the National Government.

Sirtan Historical and Social Touchstone Act posted:

The National Government, in order to safeguard and promote the history, society, and culture of Sirta, shall establish, fund, and operate a Sirtan Culture Administration (SCA). The SCA will oversee nine named Projects upon its establishment, each of which shall employ artists and scholars appropriate to its theme and according to the discretion of its Staff. Each Project Staff shall elect its own head, who shall serve as Director, overseeing the operations of the Project and submitting biannual reports to the National Government. Additionally, the SCA shall convene a 25-member volunteer organization named the Sirtan Public Council of Artistic Interest, consisting of leading artists and scholars. Membership in the Public Council shall begin with a nomination of an artist or scholar by a Staff member, and a simple majority of all Staff shall confirm a nomination. Once appointed, a Member serves for thirty years, after which they cannot serve again. The Public Council shall submit an annual list of referrals of promising artists and scholars to the Project Staffs. Upon establishment, the Projects shall consist of the: National Painting Project; National Music Project; National Architecture Project; National Sculpture Project; National Theater Project; National Film Project; National Gaming Project; and the National History Project. Additional Projects may be authorized by future acts of the National Parliament.

The SCA shall be funded by the Parliament assigning it a percentage of the national budget, which may be set at the Parliament's discretion but may not fall below 0.5%.

Property Appropriation Mortgage Act posted:

Any local government may, with the consent of the former owner, choose to forgo immediate compensatory payment for appropriated property and instead pledge to compensate the former owner over a period of [30 years], making annual payments (hereby referred to as a “mortgage”) to the former owner on the first day of each Sirtan year. The sum of the mortgage must be equal to the determined value of the property as determined by the Property Appropriations Committee, plus [15 percent] interest. Once consent is gained between the local government and the property’s former owner, the local government may begin operation of the property as if it had paid all compensatory payments in full.

The local government cannot discharge its debts by declaring bankruptcy or through default, and any subsequent successor government assumes responsibilities for payment of its predecessors mortgages. Mortgages ensured by the local government are inheritable, and can be transferred upon the death of a holder to the holder’s legal heir.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 7, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Breaking News: Minister of Interior Danube has just announced his resignation from the post, citing personal matters. This is the latest in a series of high-level resignations which includes former Minister of Health Dr. Xavier Dubois, former Minister of Defence Hill and other less prominent figures. Unlike those two, Danube indicated that he intends to remain an MP for the time being, though he doesn't rule out the option of leaving Parliament entirely in the near future.

Not knowing what to make of this recent trend we turned to several MPs for comments. At the time of writing only two have responded.

"This is a perfect illustration of the overconfident and empty character of the present government." wrote Freedom and Stability Party MP Valance Farasi, "They are passionate, to be sure, but it's obvious that they don't really know what they're doing. It's evident that their hastily constructed policies, conceived under the influence of a post-revolutionary high, fall far short of what is required to restore stability to our country. These Ministers have realized that they have nothing to offer and stepped aside for the good of the people. I hope the others are quick to follow their example and rid us all of their short-sighted vision."

"It's unfortunate. Really unfortunate." commented Union of Civil Services MP Lillian Ford, "Not everyone has the relevant experience or patience to deal with crafting government policy. I imagine they found themselves to be in over their heads. It's a manifestation of the eternal contradiction between the ideal of democratic rule and the demand of competent governance. Preferably, Ministers who find themselves in this position would rely on professionals employed by their Ministry until they develop an understanding of their new position, but obviously this can't be done in our case, as most post-revolution Ministerial staff is as new as their superiors."

Shogeton, mcclay and Pakled have stated that they are dropping out of the game for the time being. The Prime Minister should appoint their replacements as soon as possible, from among either existing players or NPCs.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 6, 2018

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

Remarks given to the Panorama Evening Star

I am happy to see the PAM Act introduced to the floor of Parliament. As one of the drafters, I am proud that it was created with bipartisan and even nonpartisan support. I'd like to thank Foreign Minister Vanderbush in particular for his input during the writing process. With this act, we can introduce long-term stability to the current process of transition and satisfy both local governments and investors.

On an unrelated note, I am sorry to see such valuable members of our government step down due to personal or health issues, but I remain confident that equal talent can be found in their replacements. In the case of Mr. Farasi and Ms. Ford, shame on them for slandering former Minister Hill, whose health concerns stem from wounds suffered during his service in the CLF, and shame on them for slandering both Danube or Dr. Dubois as incompetent.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Comrade Luxemburg

In light of recent resignations and cabinet reshuffles, I hereby nominate the following new ministers:

Ministry of Defense - Comrade Radek

Ministry of the Interior - Stefan Borisov

Ministry of Health - Kairi Fields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I accept the nomination humbly, and will seek to bring the same sense of accountability and transparency to the SDF as I have to the other security forces of Sirta. Let all the guardians of the people work together to play their own crucial roles to serve and protect every Sirtan man, woman, and child.

In other news, it is time at long last to begin addressing the final stage of our criminal justice system: the prisons. Expect more tomorrow friendals.