Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Improbable Lobster posted:

ooo, crystal pepsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

That is some excellent :goonsay:

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Amazing, thank you.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'd imagine we've all seen pictures of knock off restaurants. Wcdonald's or Starcoffee, Pizza Hat, stuff like that. It's pretty common in China or other companies where both official franchises and trademark lawyers are scarce. But this is the first one I've seen that's an open threat against the original.

VanSandman posted:

I hear they’re gonna throw down in March.

Pookah posted:

Et tu Crouté!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Vargatron posted:

It's like wearing a raincoat in the shower!

*dies of syphilis contracted in Cambodia on leave*

Barudak posted:

He left this world as he came into it, without planning.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
After a story about being electrocuted as a child:

Baronjutter posted:

I'm confused about what sort of mess in a yard requires water at all to clean, let alone enough to make pools, and why there'd be a live extension cord in one of those said pools.

Halser posted:

gently caress if I know, I was just a young capacitor

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm more interested in which Skrillex songs synch up to which hentai.

Uh... for a friend.

Coq au Nandos posted:

The drop is your self esteem.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

I did some googling to figure out how a fat bee would compare to a bullet. The heavier end of the typical bumble bee is about half a gram, which comes out to about 7.7 grains for something probably about the size of a typical center fire pistol bullet.

I have therefore determined that lead is heavier than bumble bees.
:science:

Collateral Damage has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Jan 31, 2018

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

cool biRd pics posted:

chnoose ru fight

George posted:

lol what kind of scrub just uses his first name for a handle

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dennis is packing but the barrel is bent. I imagine that thing's going to straight-up explode if you shoot it off.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

:drat:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pick posted:

Dennis is packing but the barrel is bent. I imagine that thing's going to straight-up explode if you shoot it off.

Gotta be a gentleman around Microwave's Mom

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Is Susan someone's girlfriend or just riding on the attention of eight virgins?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Outrail posted:

Is Susan someone's girlfriend or just riding on the attention of eight 199,395 virgins?

Fixed

E: to clarify she's apparently a hot mom that goons tend to be infatuated with

Double edit: noticed that you only counted 8 virgins; mega agreed that Wan is laying mad pipe

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 06:14 on Jan 31, 2018

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Fixed

E: to clarify she's apparently a hot mom that goons tend to be infatuated with

Double edit: noticed that you only counted 8 virgins; mega agreed that Wan is laying mad pipe

gently caress, I can't count.

e: On closer inspection is that Microwave's mom? I've been on these forums too long. Also beaten. uhg

Outrail has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Jan 31, 2018

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sure looks like it, yeah

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She is 69 now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nice

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hell, there are millions of people writing in detail about their various sexual proclivities and most of it is still utterly baffling.

There's probably at least a conference presentation in how the various internet fetish subcultures provide indirect evidence for Human-Neanderthal interbreeding. I mean, if there's people who get off by having insects sting their dicks or imagining Dr. Watson impregnating a fictionally-gendered Sherlock Holmes with a werewolf dick, what's so strange about a caveman and a neanderthal shacking up together because everyone else they knew were killed by a cold snap or eaten by bears?

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I had to parse the last sentence for a minute, because I couldn't imagine bears being a thing in the neolithic. Then I realized you meant the animals.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sucko is a perfectly normal name

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Eox posted:

sucko is a perfectly normal name

Only if your last name is either Marx or Warner.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Speaking of Marx:

Re: Joe Kennedy (looking like he's) drooling while delivering the SotU response

exmarx posted:

haven't had a kennedy with a head this leaky since 63, good lord

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Coucho Marx posted:

Reminds me of the Blue Stripe series, specifically the holodeck janitor one!

Haha these are hilarious. The front page does have some cool stuff from time to time huh?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That was the last cool one I've seen and it's 12 years old, so

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

It might be hard NOT to be a bear in the neolithic, really.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Zorodius posted:

a person who deliberately eats laundry soap was definitely not going to navigate life's shoals without scraping the rocks once or twice

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

That was the last cool one I've seen and it's 12 years old, so

Then you must not have seen Monstergeddon. There's a new one of those every few years!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
As much as people complained about the movie reviews at least they got people reading the front page and were funny, albeit unintentionally and at the expense of the people writing them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Best without context:

ElGroucho posted:

Tits are the Harry Dean Stanton of the body

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

mind the walrus posted:

Best without context:

What in God's name

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

You're always glad to see them, especially if they pop out unexpectedly?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well my daddy left home when I was three
And he didn't leave much to Ma and me
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze
Now, I don't blame him 'cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me "Goku"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Guy Mann posted:

As much as people complained about the movie reviews at least they got people reading the front page and were funny, albeit unintentionally and at the expense of the people writing them.

The movie reviews were better when they were hilariously poo poo movies no one had ever heard of.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Inescapable Duck posted:

The movie reviews were better when they were hilariously poo poo movies no one had ever heard of.

Those still pop up every so often
http://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

The front page articles made out of the highlights of good, funny, or incredibly stupid threads aren't always great, but I've always expected SA to have more of that sort of thing. There's hundreds of Goldmined or gassed threads that would make great entertainment if condensed into a couple pages, and enough entertaining SAclopedia entries to fill a weekly webcomic. I can't imagine Lowtax losing money on it, it would draw in lots of :10bux: and multiply it by a zillion from bans.

Content:

Sagebrush posted:

When I was a little kid I asked my dad where disco music came from. He said "grease", confusing two John Travolta movies, and I misunderstood it as "Greece". I thought about it for a bit: swarthy men, gold chains, seems to check out. So until I was in college I continued to believe that disco music was a popular Greek music style, maybe based on old Greek rhythms and musical sequences

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sagebrush posted:

When I was a little kid I asked my dad where disco music came from. He said "grease", confusing two John Travolta movies, and I misunderstood it as "Greece". I thought about it for a bit: swarthy men, gold chains, seems to check out. So until I was in college I continued to believe that disco music was a popular Greek music style, maybe based on old Greek rhythms and musical sequences

GyroDisco.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Gyro"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Lobok posted:

Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Gyro"

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

I lived with a roommate who had pee bottles in his room. It was weird because for everywhere else he would take hours to groom and look immaculate but his room was filled with like multiple pee bottles that he was too lazy to empty at all times. he got pissed at me once when I told him to get rid of them and he angrily threatened to pour them on me like he was the worst batman villain imaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

goddamn Namor been hitting the weights

Samuringa posted:

That's what Steven Seagal sees when he looks into the mirror.

poly and open-minded posted:

but enough about the orca