Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Cleveland is going to be the 4 seed and there's going to be a mini-tank to be the 6-8 seed in the East

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lmao Doc Rivers can't handle that he lost control of the GM duties

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22267143/doc-rivers-says-clippers-plan-trading-everybody-away

He's not long for that team

Probably not. Doc is having a pretty good year as a coach but I'm not sure he should WANT to stay with the Clippers going in another direction.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

paternity suitor posted:

Shut your mouth, Dario and RoCo are beautiful basketball bois

Coughcoughcough TJ is shooting 52/45/82 and is the best backup PG in the league :bahgawd:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Heat have a shot at the 3rd seed now lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The Heat have 8 guys scoring 10+ points a game. Does any team beat that or even come close?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

leftist heap posted:

The Heat have 8 guys scoring 10+ points a game. Does any team beat that or even come close?

Lakers have 7 in double figures and Larry Nance Jr scores 9 a game

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Wolves need to come up with something if they're not gonna start hucking more 3s. Maybe a sense of urgency from their starting point guard? I'm still confident that we're gonna get more outta Teague when the playoffs hit, but my blood pressure can't take it till then.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

leftist heap posted:

Spoelstra is a drat fine coach. Miami's roster looks pretty terrible to me but they still roll out.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Glad my mixer came in today so I could futz with that and get it working instead of watching the Pels game tonight.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Jimmy Harden with the casual 60 point triple double

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Root beer barrel: 60 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds.

That's a scoring record for a Rocket

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
God drat

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

chunkles posted:

Root beer barrel: 60 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds.

That's a scoring record for a Rocket

You forgot the most impressive part, he played 46:26 in a regulation game.

94 seconds of rest lol

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wow a Kevin Love injury. The Heat really only have to play .500 ball for here on out to get a top 3 seed.

Yeah, the roster isn't particularly good. There's no one you want to give the ball to to score in crunch time, yet the Heat are one of the best clutch teams in the league. It's really bizarre. Spo just knows how to maximize the talent he has at his disposal.

Basically, he's undertaken the same philosophy as Dantoni: make the team take as many 3's as possible. His problem is outside of Goran, Olynyk, and Ellington, he doesn't have 3pt shooters.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i know +/- is bullshit but lol at putting up a 60 point triple double for a +/- of +7

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jesus Beard.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

leftist heap posted:

i know +/- is bullshit but lol at putting up a 60 point triple double for a +/- of +7

He played almost every minute so it's basically just the point differential of the game. Actually it's exactly the same

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

harden went 14/16 on 2 point field goals

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

chunkles posted:

He played almost every minute so it's basically just the point differential of the game. Actually it's exactly the same

lol I did even notice the minutes played.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
injuries may have sunk my nets for good this season oh well

dokmo posted:

It's not a popular opinion, but Austin rivers is a decent NBA player.

Yeah but he sure got a whole lot of playing time back when he wasn't

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Mother loving Barrel lord Jesus

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm late today did the Cavs just lose to the Pistons minus the guys they just traded but before they got anyone in return?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

EvanTH posted:

I'm late today did the Cavs just lose to the Pistons minus the guys they just traded but before they got anyone in return?

Yeah, turns out Kevin Love is important

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

EvanTH posted:

Yes, yes they did

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

A starting lineup of Drummond, Anthony Tolliver, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock and Ish Smith. Stanley had 26 and 10.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Fred Van Vleet becomes a dad a second time in one week. https://streamable.com/qukru

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Fred Van Vleet becomes a dad a second time in one week. https://streamable.com/qukru

He's gonna get paid this summer and I'm sad we're probably not gonna be able to keep him.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

G-Hawk posted:

harden went 14/16 on 2 point field goals

This is what happens when you can flop your misses away

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Kevin Love fractured his wrist or hand or something

And the guys they traded would have helped the Cavs tbh

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
IT is really bad

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Jose Calderon should be the starting point guard.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Drunk Canuck posted:

Jose Calderon should be the starting point guard.

Of the Toronto Raptors

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

It's the only way he'll win a ring.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IT is basically on training camp right now so he's going to suck for awhile

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

This is what happens when you can flop your misses away

source your quotes

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

GmSc since 1978:

code:
Player		GmSc	Date		Tm
Michael Jordan	64.6	3/28/1990	CHI
Kobe Bryant	63.5	1/22/2006	LAL
Karl Malone	60.2	1/27/1990	UTA
David Thompson	57.0	4/9/1978	DEN
James Harden	56.6	1/30/2018	HOU

EvanTH posted:

I guess yesterday Kevin Durant volleyball punched a ball up in the air during pregames and it came down and rocked one on of the Franzia Box Wine family members in the face but it all worked out okay

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/957489098444431361

EvanTH posted:

SportVU tracking data was available on NBA.com's website until like two years ago when they decided to make their website bad on purpose as some sort of company directive

Tons of stuff was available even last year. Now if you go there it's TONS of 404 errrors.

Niwrad posted:

Do you think Shaq could play 40 minutes a night in today's NBA? I just don't think that's possible.

Perpetually thin 1994 Shaq would be able to.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

euphronius posted:

He's already VORP king isn't that enough

He must score 40K points. He must become the NP king. He must become the WS king.

:lol:

I read many of these odd ESPN trade scenarios (none of which actually help the team).

Niwrad posted:

As for Cousins, I think the issue was that he had played a lot recently. He was averaging about 40 minutes a night over the past month and had played 52 just a few days earlier.

Yes, the 40/20/10 game may have been detrimental. He put up a line that was rare even in the 1960s when players had a boatload of rebounds to grab each game.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Nns5OLOuM

heres the harden makes/assists. Theres some really ridiculous shots and passes in there, too.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Has reload not rebuild ever work out for anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

Has reload not rebuild ever work out for anyone

They didn't call it that, but the mid-2000s Lakers before they landed Pau

• Locked thread