Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Periphery posted:

Only if the season becomes an endless series of games with the Flag only being handed out to the first team to reach 1000 wins. At which point the win count resets and it instantly starts all over again. No off season, only football. All the time.

Only the winners wins get wiped, Melbourne may win a flag in a few millenia that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

Only if the season becomes an endless series of games with the Flag only being handed out to the first team to reach 1000 wins. At which point the win count resets and it instantly starts all over again. No off season, only football. All the time.
For some reason this reminds me of 17776
https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

Try this while you wait until the saints join in 2020.

Melbourne Demons. :negative:

(Not that I have any idea if they are good or bad in the AFLW this season)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
we should be up there, we won 5 games out of the 7 last year, (with one of those losses being by 5 points after kicking 1.9 against GWS) and we've held onto all the key players in the list. the dees have one of the strongest nucleus groups in the league, the biggest thing they were missing was a high quality marking forward which we've now got having been gifted bianca jakobssen from carlton, plus went for a few extras in the draft.

daisy pearce is one of the best womens players in the country, we have effective flankers and wings in paxman, phillips and o'dea, and some really talented smalls like kat smith and lily mithen. despite a relatively low profile our ruck lauren pearce was really influential last year as well

plus jayden hunt personally vouches for one of the new recruits http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-24/aflw-the-day-jayden-hunt-got-torn-to-shreds

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yeah, Melbourne should be at least in the premiership race this year in the AFLW. A pretty good choice!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Well I may as well give it a shot. I'm officially on the bandwagon!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Well I may as well give it a shot. I'm officially on the bandwagon!

Lmao welcome to hell fucko

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I'm sort of following GWS by default until Hawthorn bullies the AFL into submission but I'm fairly neutral.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My niece presented one of the new Melbourne draftees with their jumper today :3:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The new Perth stadium is gonna be pretty intimidating when it's full. Remindes me of the colloseum.

It's probably the closest ground in shape and consistent height to the MCG but it's rare that you get 60k to a game when only one Melbourne team is playing, whereas you could fill Optus Stadium with 60k Eagles fans.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Windmill Hut posted:

The new Perth stadium is gonna be pretty intimidating when it's full. Remindes me of the colloseum.

It's probably the closest ground in shape and consistent height to the MCG but it's rare that you get 60k to a game when only one Melbourne team is playing, whereas you could fill Optus Stadium with 60k Eagles fans.

They'll be screaming alright, look at this $12.50 burger someone bought there today

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Two fish fingers, 30g of shredded lettuce, four drops of mayo and a small roll.

Total cost of ingredients about 95 cents.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
There were $12 pies and this monstrosity too

https://twitter.com/belltowertimez/status/957512382238023680

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I'd love to hear more how about the stadium itself went for watching sport.

That food stuff sucks, but from what I'm hearing it was quite understaffed, and they seemed overwhelmed, which doesn't entirely surprise me being the first big event.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The $12 pie thing was a glitch and no one was actually charged that.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NPR Journalizard posted:

The $12 pie thing was a glitch and no one was actually charged that.

I'm not surprised, considering "fancier" pies were $7.50.

From friends who were at the stadium yesterday they were very positive about the actual sport watching.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Potential for a stadium that's well designed with the tradeoff being it's run by absolute loving morons who will leech every cent out of your pocket?

Is there at least decent public transport options to get there?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
There is a trainstation but they dont have enough trains or drivers for big events, the government wanted to restrict ticket sales for a few month until the footbridge is finished.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

So, under-resourced train station, no car parking at the stadium, I can see that becoming a farce once the real poo poo takes off.

Be interesting to see what happens at the BBL semi this week since the traffic patterns will be more concentrated than yesterday.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You guys are way more critical than the people who actually attended the event.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
We remember the seamless introduction of the then Colonial Stadium

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hey, goons

Footytipping is back. 4 days until the AFLW season kicks off so get your tips in now!

snaeksikn posted:

TIPPING

FootyTipping hasn't rolled over yet for some reason but if you were in it last year you should be automatically entered in it this year.

If you're new or got purged the link is thus:
http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips
pw: goons

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Mrs Macs Pies are still something ridiculous like $6.50 each - but that's always been the case so just don't eat at the Footy. Smuggle them in.

The worst is paying $8 or whatever it is for LIGHT beer, and poo poo light beer at that.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
If you're not smuggling in vodka to help keep you warm during the season proper then you've been doing footy wrong.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m on board with Gerard on SEN.

Not only is the program good (as long as you can cope with the ad breaks), if SENs listeners remain tuned in to it I think it will actually help the level of discourse in the state.

Craig Hutchinson......good?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I’m up for listening to Whateley give away Bertocchi hams and do OBs from Ringwood Mazda

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm usually in the car for the morning show or the run home, so I'm screwed on the Whately front. I got KB'd. SEN sucks.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
lmao after all the positioning of Whateley as the ‘voice of sport in Melbourne’ they’ve put Kane Cornes literally broadcasting out of Adelaide in his Friday slot

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

THE FIVE CATEGORY 1 GAMES

Round 1: Richmond v Carlton (Season Opener)

Round 5: Melbourne v Richmond (Anzac Day Eve)

Round 5: Collingwood v Essendon (Anzac Day)

Round 11: Essendon v Richmond (Dreamtime at the ‘G)

Round 12: Melbourne v Collingwood (Queen’s Birthday)

Melbourne clearly a big 4 club along with Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Category 1?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
An MCC thing.

Why are no cricket games listed?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

spamman posted:

Category 1?

How the MCC predict demand in order to set guest pass quotas etc

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Oh ok. I sit next to the MCC usually but have no idea what actually goes on in there across the fence.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

spamman posted:

Oh ok. I sit next to the MCC usually but have no idea what actually goes on in there across the fence.

And that’s the way we like it :argh:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

spamman posted:

Lots of butt hole tonguing of Liberal party constituents.

Usually by young liberals.

Solemn Sloth posted:

And that’s the way we like it :argh:

Case in point.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I like that the MCC literally cuts the MCG in half and the best theyve come up with is an awful tiny tunnel up on lvl 3 to feed "the masses" around the "important bits". Much like the east west link was intended to do.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

And by "like" I mean "line them up against the wall. viva le revolution"

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Between watching Melbourne games and being surrounded by rich young Tories every week I don't get why MUYB does it

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Shmoses posted:

lmao after all the positioning of Whateley as the ‘voice of sport in Melbourne’ they’ve put Kane Cornes literally broadcasting out of Adelaide in his Friday slot

Not sure why anyone would choose to broadcast Kane Cornes in any slot irrespective of where he broadcasts from... but I suspect Kane is actually broadcasting from Melbourne. That's where he records the show that gets broadcast here each day (or at least it was last year, haven't tuned in this year to see if it's changed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s only while Gerard is in the states for the Super Bowl, calm your farm