Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

BO2 is full of hackers now. Every lobby I found players with very questionable stats. One guy made the game require one kill to earn all your streaks. He was also lag switching.

On the other hand, BO1 is running great for the most part. Plenty of bad players to crush again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im not owned
https://i.imgur.com/lCeXB5M.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also I finally found a mode that I'm good at: pressing Y fast

https://i.imgur.com/jJcddL1.gifv

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Orbital if you’re reading this thread, I have a new dirty dirty that I’m in love with. Expeditionary with serrated.

https://youtu.be/7rK40H9MWP0

https://youtu.be/_jmAfcstGLU

Basically you run around with three throwing knives and just refill on anyone you come across.

Edit: I got a fury kill earlier and wasn’t recording, so these are just a couple good multis I got in the span of two matches (one dom, one Hardpoint - both admittedly on the easiest knifing map)

housefly fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 30, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

BO2 is full of hackers now. Every lobby I found players with very questionable stats. One guy made the game require one kill to earn all your streaks. He was also lag switching.

On the other hand, BO1 is running great for the most part. Plenty of bad players to crush again.

I don't see a point in ever going back until they update the security patches, and well, just :lol::lol: at that ever happening until a BLOPS Remastered collection comes out, where they can destroy and replace the good netcode with their lovely IW version, like in MWR.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I don't see a point in ever going back until they update the security patches, and well, just :lol::lol: at that ever happening until a BLOPS Remastered collection comes out, where they can destroy and replace the good netcode with their lovely IW version, like in MWR.

BO1 is fine. There’s over 150k people playing it so I can set matchmaking to locale only to get better connections.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

lol

https://twitter.com/CoDGhosts619/status/958236928016445440

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

Sledgehammer has got to be the most environmentally friendly CoD developer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xylAp9fij_E

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

shut up blegum posted:

Ever since the latest patch the game keeps saying I have a new calling card while I don't. That stupid green star is driving me crazy ::argh:

Still driving me crazy :(

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

This makes me so angry about the fact that I got drunk the other night and spent $5 on COD points for WW2.

Seriously, I don't have the season pass but gently caress these guys.

It's like they want this game to die.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bravo was such a loving meat grinder on that map, and heaven help you if you got spawn trapped in the school.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Beastie posted:

This makes me so angry about the fact that I got drunk the other night and spent $5 on COD points for WW2.

Seriously, I don't have the season pass but gently caress these guys.

It's like they want this game to die.

Its currently the best-selling COD game this generation. I doubt Activision wants this game to die, especially since Destiny 2 is not having the longevity they wanted. Supposedly SHG had to drop AW2 after IW's reveal had such a poor reception, so they had to rush the game out.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Mill Village posted:

Its currently the best-selling COD game this generation. I doubt Activision wants this game to die, especially since Destiny 2 is not having the longevity they wanted. Supposedly SHG had to drop AW2 after IW's reveal had such a poor reception, so they had to rush the game out.

Some employees within SHG had indicated they wanted to do AW2. It's unclear if Activision greenlit any production on AW2.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

My kids are real bummed that prop hunt is gone

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I found a cheap copy of BO 3 so I can join up for a retro night some time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

00:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-7gQUxCaY4
A very short and simple underbarrel smoke grenade montage.

06:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjzDrNicoPg
Normally we're less organized than other six man teams. This wasn't the case, and the really, really good player couldn't carry the day.
A good example of the Numbers Theory of Pubbies™.

06:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUAoibTjRI
My third nuke, all of which have been on Terminal. gently caress my life. I'm sure I'll get them on Genesis and Precinct eventually... maybe... :sigh:
It's honestly nothing special; it's less eventful than the last one I got with an R3K. These pubbies were just on another level of suck.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 31, 2018

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

These aren't the same map, there's extra lanes in the WWII one

Javes posted:

Some employees within SHG had indicated they wanted to do AW2. It's unclear if Activision greenlit any production on AW2.

Did Kevin Spacey die at the end of the first one? I forget.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

These aren't the same map, there's extra lanes in the WWII one.

There’s some changes but it’s still the same map.

bigbabyjesus
Jun 28, 2005
This is my first cod since mw1, and my first time buying dlc, when will they stick the dlc into the normal rotations? Or will it stay as special playlists?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Did Kevin Spacey die at the end of the first one? I forget.

I think I remember him getting dropped off a building, but who knows, in the dark future of AW2 maybe they scraped him up and turned him into some kind of murder robot?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Cultural Marxist posted:

I think I remember him getting dropped off a building, but who knows, in the dark future of AW2 maybe they scraped him up and turned him into some kind of murder robot?

They would never hire him after the scandal last year.

I would play another AW though, I liked the first one enough.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I picked up MHW. Can I play with you guys or is it level locked because you guys are too high from poop socking

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'd pay for a game fighting pissed off cyborg Kevin Spacey.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waroduce posted:

I picked up MHW. Can I play with you guys or is it level locked because you guys are too high from poop socking

Absolutely. Game is super chill and I’m always down for hunting most monsters. If you’re on tonight we’ll get you a squad invite. Also check the MHW thread for more squads to play with (you can join multiple)

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Waroduce posted:

Feel free to send me an invite whenever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

These aren't the same map, there's extra lanes in the WWII one

No, those "extra lanes" are indoor routes in the AW version. They're just harder to see because it's an actual overhead render instead of a high contrast tactical map..

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 31, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The Paris map in this expansion is also a copy of another Paris map in a previous game. But I can't remember which one.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

shut up blegum posted:

The Paris map in this expansion is also a copy of another Paris map in a previous game. But I can't remember which one.

MW3, but at least they advertise it as being a copy... err... "remake".

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

ada shatan posted:

MW3, but at least they advertise it as being a copy... err... "remake".
I actually like that map (one of the better ones from MW3) but it won't be the same without sentry guns in the apartment.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Facetious posted:

06:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUAoibTjRI
My third nuke, all of which have been on Terminal. gently caress my life. I'm sure I'll get them on Genesis and Precinct eventually... maybe... :sigh:
It's honestly nothing special; it's less eventful than the last one I got with an R3K. These pubbies were just on another level of suck.

Uneventful for you, but for me I think that was my first legitimate Warden. Or second. EITHER WAY, I stayed alive long enough to get 1100 points for my purple gunship so yay.

Tinkeron
Sep 11, 2005
Don't be entirely afraid to give BO2 a shot, only ran into one hacker in HCKC in the times here and there I delve back in. You'll only have one lobby going at any time but eyy.

It was rather confusing and entertaining, knew something was fishy but they didn't do that well. Loaded up theatre and you can just straight up see the hack menu. Duder just wanted to only wallhack, makes little red boxes you can see from anywhere, so odd.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

Uneventful for you, but for me I think that was my first legitimate Warden. Or second. EITHER WAY, I stayed alive long enough to get 1100 points for my purple gunship so yay.

Well, I might be overstating it, given that I almost died three times, but yeah, no flash at all.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You know, I actually kind of liked the SP from Infinite. Kit Harrington was poo poo, but I really liked Ethan and your dude/Salter. I wouldn't have hated that getting a sequel.

I also think wall running and double jumping is also much more fun than BOTG gameplay.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Waroduce posted:

Good choice. MHW is super good and I'm down for killing whatever

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Pls add me same name as here

I don't think I have phatty.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Do I need to pass a certain point to play w people

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waroduce posted:

Do I need to pass a certain point to play w people

People can join on you (once you watch the appropriate cut scene for any story mission) right from the start. You can join on others as long as you meet the appropriate mission rank requirement.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

They would never hire him after the scandal last year.

I would play another AW though, I liked the first one enough.

That’s a good point. Maybe they could just cut up his voice work from AW1, shive it through a ring modulator and claim he’s “malfunctioning”. A bit like what South Park did to Chef. Actually this might be a terrible idea.

I’d play another AW as well though, the first one was pretty decent.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm thinking about prestiging again but I'm not sure what I would unlock.:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Gordon Shumway posted:

In WW2, the time delay between the throw and when you can trigger the satchel charge is so great that this was effectively still the case, but the Saboteur perk nullifies the delay and restores the ability to airburst.

well, i guess i HAVE to fire up ww2 now

• Locked thread