Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhyteRyce posted:

Has reload not rebuild ever work out for anyone

Rockets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

492 NBA players so far this year. Tied for the most all-time (2015). Soon to be a new record.

Lockback posted:

Tristan Thompson has been horrible this year, yet Love ends up getting all the hate. And the rebound thing with IT was funny. If it really was an actual insult vs just messing around its even funnier.

R.D. Mangles posted:

my vets would not get a rebound and bend down to hand it to a teammate like he was a small child getting a capri sun.

The strange thing is that IT seems to be shrinking. I swear he looked larger on the Celtics last year. IDK if it's the uniform or maybe the Cavs are larger.

But I would like Kevin Love to continue to bow down to IT after every DRB and pay tribute.

EvanTH posted:

i'm looking at the standing wondering why people are pretending the cavs are in some kind of crisis mode

One must comprehensively look at all the numbers. An old and injured team with a negative SRS and poor roster continuity and horrendous defense make for at least four giant red flags on this team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

Rockets?

The last time the Rockets drafted before 14 was 2012 (Jeremy Lamb) and the last time two times they drafted top 10 was Rudy Gay (2006, #8) and Yao (2001, #1)

e: Jesus, now that I really look at it, since Olajuwon those are the only two top 10 picks the Rockets have made. That's over 30 years

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 31, 2018

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

Wow the DAJ debacle from a few off seasons ago means nothing now

In the end it was all a Twitter marketing scam.

Jack's Flow posted:

"The players complain about the level of refereeing, yah, well, the level of play was better in the past, too."

Roasted.

Although it would be interesting if newer referees were required to be ~7 feet tall and all took PEDs and screamed at/escalated things with complaining players.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rockets are a different case in that Morey is always loving churning and working. If you want to reload properly then you'd better be prepared to trade or dump off everything but a few things and get a hit at the rear end end of the draft

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zogo posted:

The strange thing is that IT seems to be shrinking. I swear he looked larger on the Celtics last year. IDK if it's the uniform or maybe the Cavs are larger.

It's not just me then. Maybe playing next to 6'2 Avery Bradley helped sell the illusion

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Spurs reloaded a few times, Lakers did too (this is their first rebuild cycle ever).

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets were also pretty much all in on tanking before they got Harden. They were gonna run a team based on Jeremy Lin at 30% USG coached by Kevin McHale. Morey himself has said tanking would be a higher percentage move, Leslie just wasn't down with it (at least until the third or fourth year of not making the playoffs I guess).

Bobby Brown's true power revealed, he told Harden to score 60 before the game and it happened :ghost:

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...m_medium=social

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Sheriff posted:

You forgot the most impressive part, he played 46:26 in a regulation game.

94 seconds of rest lol

Tom Thibodeau is out of control!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I doubt Simmons is next on the coaches list.

Probably Kemba.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
adam decides

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He always just goes next name on coaches list

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

xbilkis posted:

Imagine going through all of this just to get traded half a year later

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/958119489148805120

Caught this late but drat. That is an insane pitch of making the guy playing like a fallout 3 backstory before faking him getting his number retired using a real banner. Thats some nostalgia +100 shift before it even happened. That would work 100% on a guy like me and I'd sign one of those vet contracts like Ichiro for 1 mill.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao Harden had a .791 ts% on 44% usage. That's amazing

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

WhyteRyce posted:

Rockets are a different case in that Morey is always loving churning and working. If you want to reload properly then you'd better be prepared to trade or dump off everything but a few things and get a hit at the rear end end of the draft

The Warriors after they lost the Finals. :v:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WhyteRyce posted:

Has reload not rebuild ever work out for anyone

The Washington Bullets always-

*aide runs in, whispers in ear*

Never mind.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

iospace posted:

The Washington Bullets always-

*aide runs in, whispers in ear*

Never mind.

:golfclap:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gilbert Arenas kept up the tradition even after the name change

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Intruder posted:

Gilbert Arenas kept up the tradition even after the name change

I love the NBA and we really need another Agent Zero in the league.

quote:

He runs into the training room and Crittenton pulls out a little silver gun that Eddie Murphy shot the pinkie toe off with lol (I’m not going to say if it was loaded or pointed at me, no need to bash a man who can’t defend his name). Let’s just say I started laughing and said “put that Harlem Nights gun away, look at the [expletive] I’m GIVING you, imagine what I have at home so you can keep those.” The [expletive] end.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Has anyone watched Gilbert Arenas’s sports show with Mia Khalifa? I imagine it’s a trainwreck.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

patonthebach posted:

Caught this late but drat. That is an insane pitch of making the guy playing like a fallout 3 backstory before faking him getting his number retired using a real banner. Thats some nostalgia +100 shift before it even happened. That would work 100% on a guy like me and I'd sign one of those vet contracts like Ichiro for 1 mill.

Yeah it is definitely cold. And it's probably why he didn't ask too hard why there wasn't a no-trade in that contract.

Ah well the Clippers should still retire Blake's number.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kinda sucks for Blake too since the Pistons aren't exactly that much better off than the Clippers. The Clippers are right in the playoff hunt despite their roster.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I love the NBA and we really need another Agent Zero in the league.

The hosed up thing is that Critterton is currently in jail for murder because the idiot decided he would join the Crips AFTER he was drafted by the Lakers

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

G-Hawk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Nns5OLOuM

heres the harden makes/assists. Theres some really ridiculous shots and passes in there, too.

That's nuts.

*a single tear drops from Thunder fans everywhere* I'M NOT BITTER!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/958738418728620032

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good if they can get him for relatively cheap. He'd fit well I think.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

https://twitter.com/billsimmons/status/958740223860420608

Someone please give us a pick for this great bench scoring

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He'd start on the sixers imho. And his cap hold would be crazy small This summer . (Though possibly not relevant because I doubt he has bird rights).

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://twitter.com/billsimmons/status/958740223860420608

Someone please give us a pick for this great bench scoring

Bill Simmons is a fuckshite has anyone said that today yet?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I think that game has to seal up MVP for Harden. What I ridiculous loving game the Magic were knocking down shots all night and it took every last drat point Harden got to win. He outscored the entire Magic starting 5. (60 to 56)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'd laugh if Bill Simmons took a really hard thrown sportsball to the groin.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons call tyreke bench scoring yet he's way better than Jaylen Brown this year :iiam:

Also lol at including Smart like he's an asset (I guess he makes there salaries match)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Nick, how do you think Memphis fans would react to having Smart play on their team? I'm kinda torn because he is somewhat similar to Tony Allen but he flops a lot. He also isn't that same kind of humble-brag type of guy, either.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Doltos posted:

Kinda sucks for Blake too since the Pistons aren't exactly that much better off than the Clippers. The Clippers are right in the playoff hunt despite their roster.

At least he gets to be in the East though.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Bill Simmons firing on all cylinders. "Lou Williams is a borderline All-Star, but Tyreke Evans is a bench scorer and I would offer Markus Smart!"

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Good article about how the Clippers have been using 2-way contracts as a way to keep their heads above water: https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/31/clippers-nba-two-way-contracts-blake-griffin-trade-cj-williams-tyrone-wallace

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Marcus Smart would be loved by Memphis

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

I would prefer for the Sixers to not give up what is likely a mid-late teens draft pick for a half season rental of Evans right now. He'd help the team but with his contract expiring he'd have more value to a team that is an actual contender this year.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

b0ng posted:

I think that game has to seal up MVP for Harden. What I ridiculous loving game the Magic were knocking down shots all night and it took every last drat point Harden got to win. He outscored the entire Magic starting 5. (60 to 56)

the Rockets played 7 players most the game, with Chris Paul, Ariza, and ingame Eric Gordon out. so harden played 46 minutes and put up a 60 point triple double. it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'd give up brooklyns or New York's 2nd for him maybe

• Locked thread