Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

e: you have to use spaces tho, if you try to use tabs it'll sometimes look fucky on the forums
Yeah, I count in LibreOffice Calc and was hand-indenting to get the votes to line up in Notepad++, but when I copied it over to SA inside the [pre] tags it got jumbled up, I guess because I was using tabs rather than spaces. Realized after I posted that, given how small a vote this is compared to Paradise Lost, I could've just posted a picture of my count and it would fit.

Why are you here? Who sent you? What did you want, what were you trying to do? Who was that mage? Do you know where he has gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Stab first, ask questions later. Sounds about right, really.

So who are you assholes and what are you doing here? Also thanks for helping us get out of prison, nerds. Idiots. Morons.

If it turns out they came here to help us tell them this is how we establish dominance down in lockup.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Take a minute to laugh our rear end off at how these jokers just had their asses handed to them by a group of unprepared, jailed prisoners, who took no losses at all in the process. Make sure they understand exactly what we find so funny.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Instead of just one response I think we should do all of these. Unless we were already doing that, then carry on.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Xarbala posted:

Instead of just one response I think we should do all of these. Unless we were already doing that, then carry on.

Yes. unless a question is controversial or requires a significant statement, every question is getting asked, excepting duplicates.

Ralith posted:

Take a minute to laugh our rear end off at how these jokers just had their asses handed to them by a group of unprepared, jailed prisoners, who took no losses at all in the process. Make sure they understand exactly what we find so funny.

Minivote: spend time humiliating and rubbing it in?

Vavrek posted:

Why are you here? Who sent you? What did you want, what were you trying to do? Who was that mage? Do you know where he has gone?
The man against the wall is the one who responds. "We are warriors out of the Alik'r, we are the true inheritors of Yokuda! We are from the clan of the southern Alik'r, here to free those who will join us, and kill the rest, the empire-lovers, those who have forgotten the True Gods. As for the sand-sorcerer, i... i do not know. I had not thought him a coward," he spits out the last word like a curse.

Ralith posted:

Where did the mage go, and who will he report to?

First half has been answered. to the last question, the man replies "If he has returned to our camp, he will send a message to our commander by his sorceries."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
so this fight was mostly useless I guess? They might have let us out (possibly killing people who didn't want to join up)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Magnusth posted:

Nah.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Magnusth posted:

YES - just as Ralith described.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

so this fight was mostly useless I guess? They might have let us out (possibly killing people who didn't want to join up)

Let you out? probably, if you agreed to join up with them. They seem to be aligned with the crowns, based on their rethoric, and the fact that they come from the alik'r desert. The crowns are highly traditional, and generally want hammerfeldian independence. the crowns and the forebearers, the more modern, adaptable, and empire-friendly faction, have been vying for power in hammerfell society since the first era, each faction gaining ascendance at some point and others at other point. Usually, their conflict is political, though, and only rarely does it flare up into war. That these warriors, who, it must be said, seem to be a bit on the fanatical side in this conflict, are willing to raid an imperial prison and free convicts and murder dissenters is, uh, strange. Perhaps something is happening to make the conflict flare up again?
Oh, and, they might let *you* out, but you'd probably be forced to drive a sword through Do'Zaro or Bjørn.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Also, to be fair to these guys, they probably weren’t aware they were attacking a “dangerous persons” prison. Which is what I assume is what this place must be, since the five “unprepared prisoners” are an ansei, a black fang, a berserker, and a pair of thief-acrobats. Not exactly your average group of criminals.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Address our new (and modest army):

"Brothers and sisters, I say we band together to get out of this poo poo-hole. I, for one, will not die here. I will not die today. We can begin life again free. I call not for your prolonged service, the choices you make once we leave will be of your own volition, but I do ask that we work together and escape as a team."

Don't rub it in. Let's do good cop to scarycatman's bad cop and see what else we can get from them.

"How did you get into this jail?"
"Which one of you values your life and will guide us out?"
"What was the previous commotion, who will we encounter upon leaving, who does number 2 work for?"

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Address our new (and modest army):

"Brothers and sisters, I say we band together to get out of this poo poo-hole. I, for one, will not die here. I will not die today. We can begin life again free. I call not for your prolonged service, the choices you make once we leave will be of your own volition, but I do ask that we work together and escape as a team."

Don't rub it in. Let's do good cop to scarycatman's bad cop and see what else we can get from them.
That's not a question, but i'll add it as a lettered option. Also: sorry that those are taking a while, i'll have them up tonight.

quote:

"How did you get into this jail?"
"One of our mages blasted the gate open with wind and fire"

quote:

"Which one of you values your life and will guide us out?"
The two warriors look at each other and shrug. That said, you do know the general route to the exit.

quote:

"What was the previous commotion, who will we encounter upon leaving"
"The attack, probably. i do not know who you will encounter upon leaving, but the battle still rages throughout the prison."

quote:

who does number 2 work for?
The warriors look confused at each other, then shrug. "who?"

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Magnusth posted:

The warriors look confused at each other, then shrug. "who?"

I loving knew it. It's a conspiracy.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I loving knew it. It's a conspiracy.

.... what?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Magnusth posted:

.... what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJKY59NX8o

Since we know the way out, what's that like? Long hallways? Open courtyards? Were we brought in through a main gate? What's the general layout to inform our approach?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJKY59NX8o

Since we know the way out, what's that like? Long hallways? Open courtyards? Were we brought in through a main gate? What's the general layout to inform our approach?

either through the big courtyard or through a lot of fairly long corridors.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Magnusth posted:

Let you out? probably, if you agreed to join up with them. They seem to be aligned with the crowns, based on their rethoric, and the fact that they come from the alik'r desert. The crowns are highly traditional, and generally want hammerfeldian independence. the crowns and the forebearers, the more modern, adaptable, and empire-friendly faction, have been vying for power in hammerfell society since the first era, each faction gaining ascendance at some point and others at other point. Usually, their conflict is political, though, and only rarely does it flare up into war. That these warriors, who, it must be said, seem to be a bit on the fanatical side in this conflict, are willing to raid an imperial prison and free convicts and murder dissenters is, uh, strange. Perhaps something is happening to make the conflict flare up again?
Oh, and, they might let *you* out, but you'd probably be forced to drive a sword through Do'Zaro or Bjørn.

gently caress em these guys are dicks

Voting to humiliate

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress em these guys are dicks

Voting to humiliate

Yeah.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

CatBro, SadViking, and SwordLady for life. Tag team humiliation.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Okay, sorry for the delay, but here are the voting options! questions for all named and unnamed characters remain open!

Question 1: what do you do with the unarmed warriors?

A:I kill the two unharmed warriors.
B: don't kill the two unharmed, unharmed warriors.

Question 2: do you kill the downed warriors?
C:
I mercy kill the downed and bleeding warriors.
D: I don't mercy kill the downed and bleeding warriors
E: I mercy kill some, but l leave those with the best chance of survival alive

Question 3: do you help the downed warriors?
F:
I don't do anything further about the downed warriors, except killing is not killing them.
G: if I don't kill them, I take a few moments to set a few bones and use the warriors' colourful clothing to bind a few wounds.
H: if I don't kill them, and if we find any healing items, I spend a small portion of them to heal the worst wounded of the downed warriors.
I: C, but I help the less wounded warriors, attempting to ensure their survival.
J: add-on to G or H: but a larger portion of any healing items we find.
K: add-on to G or H: but half of any healing items we find.
L: add-on to G or H:: but most of any healing items we find.
M: add-on to G or H: but all of any healing items we find.

Question 4: how much time and effort do you spend on looting?
N: No time. Everyone can grab a sword, but that's it.
O: A quick search, just rifling through a few pockets for any healing items, sidearms, or other small relevant options. This will tak a few minutes, but not a whole lot of time
P: A thorough search, stripping the warriors entirely and checking everything. This will take at least ten minutes, perhaps more?
Q: A thorough search, and we take the extra time needed to get people into the leather armor we strip fro the warriors. Will take at least twenty minutes, up to half an hour? Faster if the warriors are alive and helpful

Magnusth fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 1, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Before I vote.

To the defeated: "What do you think your employers will do to you, now that we're free and your mage has fled? I imagine they'll figure out you didn't manage the job."

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

dont be mean to me posted:

Before I vote.

To the defeated: "What do you think your employers will do to you, now that we're free and your mage has fled? I imagine they'll figure out you didn't manage the job."

"The chief? Punish us, then send us out to fight again."

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Haven't thought enough yet about my vote, but a procedural recommendation I've seen Diogines give: if you can, letter all your vote options sequentially, instead of restarting for each question. You've only got 17 options, so you could use 17 distinct letters. Makes tracking the count easier, because you don't have to note if it's Question 1 A or Question 2 A.

edit: VVV Hooray! Now I through M look weird. No biggie.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 1, 2018

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Vavrek posted:

Haven't thought enough yet about my vote, but a procedural recommendation I've seen Diogines give: if you can, letter all your vote options sequentially, instead of restarting for each question. You've only got 17 options, so you could use 17 distinct letters. Makes tracking the count easier, because you don't have to note if it's Question 1 A or Question 2 A.

good point, fixed.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

BEFO

We’re not the Redguard Hitler but equally we’re not the St John’s Ambulance Service, so we do right by the warriors without going out of our way.

Equally we need to grab some equipment from the dead but don’t want to go out disguised as them with this attack going on. Looking like a ragged third party might be better than dressing up as the losing side in a battle, especially with Catman and Nordbro since we’re clearly not from the Crown faction.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
BCFO

I mostly agree with Weavered, but I'm a bit more/less merciful, depending on how you look at it. :V

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Weavered posted:

BEFO

We're not the Redguard Hitler but equally we're not the St John's Ambulance Service, so we do right by the warriors without going out of our way.

Equally we need to grab some equipment from the dead but don't want to go out disguised as them with this attack going on. Looking like a ragged third party might be better than dressing up as the losing side in a battle, especially with Catman and Nordbro since we're clearly not from the Crown faction.

If you just grab the armor, you won't nessecarily look like them. They're wearing colourfull scarves and sleeves and stuff that you wouldn't spend time putting on. you'd just look like dudes with a hardened leather breastplate and a pauldron.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
BDFGHOP

Probably best not to dally too long, we might miss our escape window.

Aabcehmu posted:

Also, to be fair to these guys, they probably weren’t aware they were attacking a “dangerous persons” prison. Which is what I assume is what this place must be, since the five “unprepared prisoners” are an ansei, a black fang, a berserker, and a pair of thief-acrobats. Not exactly your average group of criminals.
Then they're hilariously incompetent for failing to do basic intelligence gathering before the attack. :shrug:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. B
2. D
3. GK
4. Q

Take as much as we can, and keep the warriors alive so we can combine our strength against whoever's coming to regain control of the prison.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Q1: B. We're working with the Nord who's apparently got a conscience and I like him as a party member.
Q2: E+. I ask whether they would prefer my mercy before I kill anyone. Anyone unconscious I say we leave to spread the tale of our excellent imagination-sword. gently caress yes.
Q3: G. Keep any supplies, we're rolling around without even a weapon. Loot'n'scoot.
Q4: O.

I say we let them carry out their injured if they can.

We're in between 2 factions. One that captured us and jailed us. One that happened past us, that could have freed us, and that we attacked. Let's see if we can get out of here and save some of their men. If we get caught, we leave'm. If we don't get caught, we've saved some and then we have an option to leverage that.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Can't we ask the guys bleeding out why they don't know Self Healing magic? I mean that's Fight-Man-ing 101.

...um. Do we know Restoration spells at all? I can imagine we bribed someone to show us something super basic at some point so we wouldn't bleed to death in a ditch or whatever if we got shanked and robbed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BCGO

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
BDGO

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Blasphemaster posted:

Can't we ask the guys bleeding out why they don't know Self Healing magic? I mean that's Fight-Man-ing 101.

...um. Do we know Restoration spells at all? I can imagine we bribed someone to show us something super basic at some point so we wouldn't bleed to death in a ditch or whatever if we got shanked and robbed.

Questions are still open, so yes! you can and do. Or rather, since they are bleeding out and not really quite there at the moment, you ask the two guys who are unhurt.
"Healing magic? no. Our mage knew some, i think. Ahaz and Al-Azis have healing crystals, however, and i think the others might have some as well."

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
I'm assuming it's drastically harder to learn entry-level magic than it is in the videogames, otherwise it would be absolutely insane for literally anyone not to know the basics of healing themselves (and the world would have been destroyed by exponential buff cycles ages ago, besides).

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Yeah the point of the Nevarine/Dragon borne/ Martin’s friend is that they’re a unique, highly talented special person that can do their respective talent - unite the tribes and defeat a demi-god/ talk to dragons/ befriend the world’s dullest man.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Ralith posted:

I'm assuming it's drastically harder to learn entry-level magic than it is in the videogames, otherwise it would be absolutely insane for literally anyone not to know the basics of healing themselves (and the world would have been destroyed by exponential buff cycles ages ago, besides).

It's not so much its difficulty to learn entry-level healing as the logistics of it. You need someone to teach you, which takes time and money, and, you need time to practice, which takes time and money, and even then, unless you're very good at it, magic isn't perfectly reliable, certainly not at the entry level. your spells can easily fail if you're not a dedicated mage, so for most warriors, it's simply more effcient, expedient and practical to have healing items on hand.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

btw, a few of you have delayed voting because you needed questions answered or a bit more time to think. you guys: please vote soon-ish, because i'd prefer not to close the voting with just 7 votes

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

B
ED
IHG
OPQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001