Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also who wants a Roswell reboot? Not me! I never watched the show. (But the CW is doing one.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

I know you hate Tom Welling but he is actually a lot of fun on Lucifer. Mostly because he plays a good straight man to all of Lucifer's nonsense.

Fine, get the chainsaw.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I know you hate Tom Welling but he is actually a lot of fun on Lucifer. Mostly because he plays a good straight man to all of Lucifer's nonsense.

I don't believe you!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rhyno posted:

Quarry did not get picked up for a second season.

And in fact the main actor from it has already had another show not get picked up for a second season since it ended

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I don't believe you!

On this week's episode they go undercover together pretending to be a couple moving into a neighborhood where someone was killed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShakeZula posted:

And in fact the main actor from it has already had another show not get picked up for a second season since it ended

Ouch.

On this week's episode they go undercover together pretending to be a couple moving into a neighborhood where someone was killed.

LA LA LA NOT LISTENING

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Also who wants a Roswell reboot? Not me! I never watched the show. (But the CW is doing one.)

Legit down for this. It'd fit in nicely with the CW's roster of genre soaps.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet Katherine Heigl is involved because she has nowhere else to go.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

She could go away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As if that would happen.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Isn't she legendarily hard to work with? What reason compels people to keep hiring her?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pentyne posted:

Isn't she legendarily hard to work with? What reason compels people to keep hiring her?

I have no idea other than she is very pretty and people like to watch things with pretty people.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

As if that would happen.

She's developed quite the reputation for being impossible to work with, going as far back as Grey's Anatomy; her career is pretty much flatlined at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

She's developed quite the reputation for being impossible to work with, going as far back as Grey's Anatomy; her career is pretty much flatlined at this point.

I guess? She's worked steady since GA and is currently a regular on Doubt so she's out there. Most of the cast of Roswell aren't up to much so they can probably get all the less terrible ones to do cameos.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If you're remaking Roswell is the goal really "get back that massive Roswell fanbase?" I mean, I don't actually know much about Roswell. Maybe they have a weirdo crazy fanbase with fuzzy hats and bags of peanuts or whatever.

My first thought was that CW is waist deep in weird rear end sci-fi and fantasy so someone was like "hey, we did a weird alien show when we in our teen years, what about a grown up version of that?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

I guess? She's worked steady since GA and is currently a regular on Doubt so she's out there.

Doubt was literally canceled after its second episode last year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

Doubt was literally canceled after its second episode last year.

:shrug: I'm sure she will pop up in something terrible.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Timby posted:

Joe Carnahan worked with her on STATE OF AFFAIRS and he talked her up as often as he could. That doesn’t mean much, obviously—if he ever turned around and said “Actually, yeah, she’s a nightmare,” I wouldn’t even ding him for hypocrisy—but post-Weinstein, I’ve been a little more cautious of the old “difficult” label.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I recall, it was her mother (acting as her agent?) who was causing most of the problems. I think she quit letting her mom gently caress up her work a while back.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A lot of it started when she badmouthed Knocked Up when it was still fresh and they were trying to get butts in seats. I think all parties are over it now, though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

What about her weird hands?

Salad Fingers?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Timby posted:

Jack McCoy returns to Law & Order SVU:

I wonder what his part will be in the episode. They established like five or six seasons ago that McCoy was no longer the New York County DA.

To be honest the only thing that would get me to watch SVU again would be Stabler returning.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Tribune Media? Definitely focuses on followers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwiWd1LTeg

They are an empty soul sucking corporate husk of a content farm

So that's why every loving news article has an auto play video nowadays.

Sometimes it sucks living in the future

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo the albino in Banshee :eyepop:.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That albino episode was the poo poo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Albino Sex Vampire was so great that it's one of the few times I didn't mind prison rape as a plot device in fiction just because of how over the top it was.

STAC Goat posted:

My first thought was that CW is waist deep in weird rear end sci-fi and fantasy so someone was like "hey, we did a weird alien show when we in our teen years, what about a grown up version of that?"

Gritty Animorphs reboot when?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I tried to watch Banshee because of all the talk I’ve seen in the thread and it hasn’t grabbed me yet. Only on episode three, does it pick up?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I tried to watch Banshee because of all the talk I’ve seen in the thread and it hasn’t grabbed me yet. Only on episode three, does it pick up?

If you don't like it by episode 3 it probably just isn't for you.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If you don't like the episode with the MMA fighter the show is probably not for you :shobon:.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seriously, if this doesn't get you revved just bail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRPaucl8r4

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I think I saw like 3 episodes of Roswell back in the day, I just remember that Heigel was voluptuous and Darla from Buffy/Angel was the FBI alien hunter.

I think that as a concept it could be a decent show.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Mann posted:

Gritty Animorphs reboot when?

You joke but I reckon that CGI cost has come down enough that an Animorphs series might actually be feasible. Or, y’know, just animate it, which is what K.A. Applegate thought Nickelodeon was going to do when they greenlit a series based on it.

Also does else anyone think that the cast of the Flash would be perfect for the cast of an Animorphs show?

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Seriously, if this doesn't get you revved just bail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRPaucl8r4

Doesn't Hood leave with something like "if you wanna find me - i'm the guy with the blinking lights on the car"? Banshee rules and i think season 4 would have been ok if it hadn't to follow 1-3.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Animorphs would be better as a film trilogy that's not beholden to the story of the original than a long-running TV series. Better effects, higher immediate stakes, less filler.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rhyno posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/958793064344035328

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well there we go, she's working. I bet she still pops up in the Roswell revival.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Roswell x Suits crossover event

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is she supposed to be the replacement of Princess Markle? Big downgrade.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She looks a bit haggard in that photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Well she's been through a lot.