Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I really do hope, just to get all of the rage out at once, we get the Saudi Emergency Force, and they're OP as fuuuuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

War...has changed.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
the secret is every new operator will be op

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Wooper posted:

It's in the name

Wooper posted:

Can we get an operator that disguises himself as nearby environmental objects

and/or can force enemies to use the bathrooms (that every map already has- it must be in the works)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

An operator that calls pizza delivery.
The delivery man will follow a random opfor until he's paid.
Killing the pizza delivery man will automatically lose you the round.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The trick is that no operator carries cash on them. They have to ask the hostage to lend them some

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The trick is that no operator carries cash on them. They have to ask the hostage to lend them some

It's a 5$ pizza and every operator only carries one 1$ bill on them.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

Can we get an operator that disguises himself as nearby environmental objects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeSA-7YYR7o

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceoQitMogA
Here's a detailed video specifically on that topic.

Ah, thanks! I'll give the video a squizz when I get home from work.

Jack Trades posted:

It's a 5$ pizza and every operator only carries one 1$ bill on them.

haha this would be great! :D So one op needs to go around scrounging change off each of the other defenders, and whenever he/she gets a dollar off them, there's a timer (like with Rook armour, or turning off your phone) where they're rifling through their pockets, pulling out keys, tissues, etc. before eventually pulling the coins out. (Since naturally, it's all in 10c and 20c pieces)

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

IronDoge posted:

My god, is that Vector with a drum mag? Be still my beating heart.

Want.

Also the game needs an aussie operator who only carries a giant knife but he can summon snakes and or crocodiles.

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 31, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I play in console. Is ps4 chat ok here, or only pc?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

As long as you don't mind getting laughed at for your aim

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

The Bananana posted:

I play in console. Is ps4 chat ok here, or only pc?

ha ha how do u shoot your gun ha ha

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

An operator who puts Booby traps on doors/Windows that make them explode outward when messed with

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Christ I hope that drum mag Vector is only in the co-op mode. The last thing we need is a really good gun getting double the bullets.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

How about instead adding new operators they add new abilities to existing dudes and you pick one in your loadout. Like a variant on existing abilities, thatcher gets an emp drone, fuze gets concussive charges, jackal can track alpha packs hidden in random places. I’m not the creative type.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Uhh because that wouldn't make them the in game store bux?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Mostly ubibucks, but it also has the design issue of not being able to predict enemy abilities based on appearance/character choice. Uncertainty would devalue the intel-gathering part of the game a lot, which in turn would change a lot of the basic strategies.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Adding new operators is also an attempt at keeping the game sort of fresh. But yeah mainly ubibucks.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Christ I hope that drum mag Vector is only in the co-op mode. The last thing we need is a really good gun getting double the bullets.

wrong

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I get shot often.

And I've been playing since launch.
:eng99:

Any suggestions?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

The Bananana posted:

I get shot often.

Any suggestions?

Git gud

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Bananana posted:

I get shot often.

Any suggestions?

Shoot them first.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Bananana posted:

I get shot often.

Any suggestions?

Seriously though, you need to give more details than that.
What's your total k/d? When do you get shot? As defender, attacker, both?
Do you have any replays of your matches for us to watch so we cansee what you're doing wrong?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
if you die a lot its probably because you're moving more than you need to and/or making too much noise

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Seriously though, you need to give more details than that.
What's your total k/d? When do you get shot? As defender, attacker, both?
Do you have any replays of your matches for us to watch so we cansee what you're doing wrong?

Ok standby

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Thief posted:

still waiting on that black lesbian muslim operator though... preferably FBI

Would legit main

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Here's a 40 sec example of my playstyle:

https://youtu.be/vRMdMAgBpqg

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ranked W/L ratio: 1.3
Ranked K/D: .7
No discernible diff between attacking and defending.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Here's another example:

https://youtu.be/c_v9UYFD9Tg

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

lol

e2: oh you're just memeing aren't you

Koramei fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 31, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Koramei posted:

lol

lol

edit: anyway for actual thoughts, maybe the meta is different on console but is there a reason you're using Twitch's DMR instead of the famas, i.e. what's widely considered the best attacking gun in the game? If it's fun for you that's all well and good (and considering your w/l your k/d is imo mostly irrelevant) but if you're wanting more kills, using not poo poo weapons would be a start. Also lean. You just bash the window open and proceed to stare into it for a second before doing anything, which is dangerous to say the least. Make use of strafing and poo poo.

Thank you for the input.

To be honest the video may seem like an over exaggeration, but it's pretty indicative of how most my gunfight go down. My approaches in general.

So, why am i using the dmr?
I like the high damage, agog, combo. I guess. Idk. I don't handle recoil well.
Mostly I use single shot weapons, or switch to semi auto instead of full auto.

As far as leaning and bashing and such, I find that when I try to slowly glean any advantage by peeking my head in, I get shot.

So

Idk

Here's one more vid:
https://youtu.be/LZRr692rRkQ

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

The Bananana posted:

As far as leaning and bashing and such, I find that when I try to slowly glean any advantage by peeking my head in, I get shot.

you should read the blog post about latency and peeking. TLDR: don't peek slowly, you're giving the other side more time to react.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-303559-16/dev-blog-ping-abuse-peekers-advantage-and-next-steps

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 31, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

Thank you for the input.

To be honest the video may seem like an over exaggeration, but it's pretty indicative of how most my gunfight go down. My approaches in general.

So, why am i using the dmr?
I like the high damage, agog, combo. I guess. Idk. I don't handle recoil well.
Mostly I use single shot weapons, or switch to semi auto instead of full auto.

So

Idk

Here's one more vid:
https://youtu.be/LZRr692rRkQ

The first video made me laugh super hard. I will say with dmrs in general i like to add a suppressor now on recommendation from the thread. Did it to blackbeard and never looked back. It means you can whiff a shot without them immediately spinning and killing you. But i also sneak a bunch and ambush a lot

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefscENyUJw

I'm slowly morphing into a Doc main at this rate.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is the revolver actually worth using? Typically I tend to pick the higher mag/lower damage sidearms

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

Is the revolver actually worth using? Typically I tend to pick the higher mag/lower damage sidearms

You should be using higher damage/lower mag size pistols that aren't revolvers.
Revolvers have really low dps because their firerate is poo poo.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
OTOH near the late-game when everybody is a bit dinged up, the revolver's high damage per shot means you can often one-tap them in the chest during the final push. So it's worse for headshotting full health people but better to finish off wounded people, in my experience.

Still suck as Monty though.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Pistols are laser accurate death machines. You should be aiming for the head always with them. I go for higher capacity over damage for that reason. Except the 5-7 because it's dope and does a STUPID amount of damage for a pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Deltasquid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefscENyUJw

I'm slowly morphing into a Doc main at this rate.

yeah doc owns and i play him a lot when solo because its the easiest way to ignore the objective completely like an rear end in a top hat and have your team think you still give a poo poo just because you picked him

also the revolver owns but i i think the general consensus is that the p9 is better because mag size will save your life more often than not

that said, lol if anyone tells you NOT to use the revolver or desert eagle they are nerds and will suffer greatly when Red Dead 2 finally comes out