Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t understand the Knack meme. We should probably just get rid of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t understand the Knack meme. We should probably just get rid of it

There is no meme, other than people saying they ironically like it. And worst games than Knack come out. I'll take Knack any day over any lootcrate driven online shooter.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I guess you could say people are getting quite... knackered.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Knack but it's Steamed Hams but it's really Bee Movie

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Knack? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yes, and you call knack a platform mover despite the fact that it's obviously shovelware

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And every time Skinner lies it plays All Star from Smash Mouth in a minor key and progressively faster.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think Knack is pretty good. I always have, even before dunkey made it a meme or whatever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stexils posted:

Yeah its ridiculous how they made this huge detailed city that they actively disincentivize you from driving in (messing up in traffic deducts from your score) and nothing to do. i think its the most superfluous open world in all of games.

Having thought on this a bit more last night - I set a custom marker for one of the cool Hidden Vehicles way at the NW corner of the map. Then I got in and drove myself to the crime scene (back Downtown since I'm on the Murder desk still). I didn't stop at EVERY red light but I didn't drive like a maniac. It took me 20 minutes to get back Downtown.

And you know what? It was awesome! It might be the most versimilitudinous game ever - sure you can't go into every building or diner (though you can actually go into a bunch of places that have no story purpose) but would you do that if you were actually a detective anyway?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm currently uploading a 2 hour video about how Knack is actually a good game by making basic observations over one level.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Saint Freak posted:

Knack but it's Steamed Hams but it's really Bee Movie

One of the most hosed up things I've ever heard was someone saying Bee Movie was actually okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KNACK WAS MADE BY MARK CERNY AND YOU WILL TREAT HIM WITH RESPECT THEREFORE YOU WILL LOVE KNACK. ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT THE gently caress UP. :mad:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
mark cerny made marble madness, let him have knack you motherfuckers

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh no not mark cerny

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

One of the most hosed up things I've ever heard was someone saying Bee Movie was actually okay.

The Wikipedia description makes it sound fascinating. Apparently animals can talk like the toys in Toy Story but they have an unspoken pact not to until non-conformist bee Jerry Seinfeld falls in love with a human woman who he dates and serenades but then he successfully sues the entirety of humanity because they violently steal bee honey but without a demand for honey bees are out of a job and all the flowers in the world die so humans and bees have to put their differences aside to acquire "bee certified" honey.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Marble madness...sounds too twee,

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
marble madness was legit incredible, it's true

advion
Jul 25, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Marble madness...sounds too twee,

You are not human. You must be dancer.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We got a Rampage movie before we got a Marble Madness one.

What a world.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

The Wikipedia description makes it sound fascinating. Apparently animals can talk like the toys in Toy Story but they have an unspoken pact not to until non-conformist bee Jerry Seinfeld falls in love with a human woman who he dates and serenades but then he successfully sues the entirety of humanity because they violently steal bee honey but without a demand for honey bees are out of a job and all the flowers in the world die so humans and bees have to put their differences aside to acquire "bee certified" honey.

You forgot the part where Barry Seinfeld seduces the human woman away from her human fiance, Patrick Warburton

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This page has made me laugh so hard at the knack memes! Thank you all!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Looper posted:

You forgot the part where Barry Seinfeld seduces the human woman away from her human fiance, Patrick Warburton

I might have to watch this movie.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

oh no not mark cerny

The words of every child upon hearing a floorboard creaking

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

True. They also save the earth by stealing a parade float

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Hm that sure is an interesting thumbnail this guy made for his boss rush video :regd09:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo guys there's a new MechAssault game but it's full of Gundams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApJ_26r0Bg

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Hm that sure is an interesting thumbnail this guy made for his boss rush video :regd09:

I wonder how many impressionable youths have gotten a monster girl fetish from Quelaag

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Man, I just want a Gihren's Greed game in English. Mech games should only come in two flavors: simulations and strategy games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

Mech games should only come in two flavors: simulations and strategy games.

I can't believe this heresy.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

I wonder how many impressionable youths have gotten a monster girl fetish from Quelaag

I dunno but you can guarantee Gwynevere gave a bunch of people a gigantism fetish.

al-azad posted:

Man, I just want a Gihren's Greed game in English. Mech games should only come in two flavors: simulations and strategy games.

What is Gihren's Greed? Never heard of it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

As a Bloodborne Boy and a Dark Souls LikerTM there's a disturbing amount of lore and gameplay videos for Dark Souls that still feel the need to have T&A as the thumbnail

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It probably works

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Avernum 3 is a remake of Avernum 3 so, if you like Avernum 3, perhaps check out Avernum 3. It may surprise you!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I dunno but you can guarantee Gwynevere gave a bunch of people a gigantism fetish.

What is Gihren's Greed? Never heard of it.

A grand strategy series. Sort of Nobunaga’s Ambition for Gundam.

Never came outside of Japan and it’s frustrating that the popular Gundam games are pew pew giant robots but I like the series because it can also do smart war stories and the series’ huge lore works well in a strategy game setting.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 1, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just beat Celeste. Got 138 Strawberries and died 2095 times. Really great game overall. Now to determine if I want to do the really hard stuff or move on to Inconoclasts.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Giant robot fighting is cool don’t get me wrong but also the refugees we’re carrying are staging a mutiny because they want to die on earth not in a tin can forced into combat, do we jeopardize the mission and detour or toss these elderly civilians in the brig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
New thread up
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848038

• Locked thread