Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

50 pounds of bread posted:

REX
GOOD ONES LEARN THINGS BY KNOWING HIS GOODNESS OR BADNESS

lol. cant argue with that logic. i think the flavor has gone to your brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

KhediveRex posted:

Alright Mafia, you've got me for the next two and a half hours. There's seven left on the clock. Can we get some consensus going?

Juchero, Space and Bread are the top votes at the moment. I'm happy with my vote on Bread. His greatest contribution to the thread so far has been explaining why he misled us and couldn't have defended the cop. Weird potential gambit aside, his behavior in day 1 doesn't line up with the results of N2. And I find it odd that he keeps wanting to remind us that "BERSERKER NO THINK GOOD!" He's not Berserker, he's the person playing Berserker. And I'm sure he's an intelligent person because he seems to like playing Mafia, a complicated high stakes games of subterfuge. "I'm just not smart." Seems like a convenient way to say "Don't think too much about what I've been doing."

So - Yeah. Rex is happiest with a Bread lunch tonight.

I'd vote for Juchero if the thread decides it's best. He was very suspicious of me while there was a bandwagon going in the thread. And yet once thread momentum moved away from me he conveniently forgot to include me in his list of suspicious people. That inclines me to think he was just jumping on the vote that was popular at the time. I think that's more damning evidence than his flavor being funky. But you do have to say, his flavor is really funky.

So - Yeah. I'm okay with voting Juchero.

And finally my gut read on Space is that he's town. He's new like me (as far as I understand). If his cases have been a little weird, I get that. No one has liked any of my cases so far. Some of his have been well enough recieved. The other big peice of evidence is that he voted for Tobbs during the chaos of day 1. That's more difficult to dismiss. Was he hoping for a no-lunch? What else could he have been looking to accomplish? I think Tobbs is a little suspicious too but, he obviously wasn't gonna win the vote with like an hour left on the clock.

So - I don't know. I understand why people are casing him, but I think there are stronger cases at the moment.

And - Yeah ... That's my summary of things. Bread first, Juchero second.

you were always on my list as "most scummy" above even prince, but i didn't get much chance to do anything but try to defend myself

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

REX
GOOD ONES LEARN THINGS BY KNOWING HIS GOODNESS OR BADNESS

I'm your top read and you aren't voting for me? I don't think you've ever voted for me bread.

When did I become your top read? When I posted that you were my happiest vote?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

USING THAT POWER ON TOP READ WASTE OF POWER

THAT POWER USUALLY BAD FOR GOOD ONES

USING POWER ON ONE TO REVEAL ONLY GOOD USE

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

SalTheBard posted:

Prince I am asking you this question seriously: Do you naturally pick up on games fast or do you have a knowledge of game theory or what?

I naturally try to pick up games quickly. I also ask a lot of questions so I can get up to speed. For the most part I just picked up on what Bifauxnen was saying earlier, when she ran down all the different plausible scenarios where Juchero's ability might be useful to town.

Here's the post:

Bifauxnen posted:

Town cop: gets a town reading off themselves instead. Harmless if you're town too, but the advantages for scum to have your role here are clear.
Town doc: ends up protecting themselves instead of you. Sucks for you if you actually were enough of a target that the doc thought you were worth protecting. Seems kinda pointless unless the doc used it on purpose to protect themselves.
Town watcher: Ends up watching themselves instead of you. Ends up with misleading data unless they know what's going on.
Town tracker: Ends up tracking themselves instead of you, and seeing themselves targeting you. They now believe you to be targeting yourself? Guess that's not too misleading for a passive ability, but again, the advantages for a scum to have this role are clear.

Scum rolecop: sees their own role instead, figures they got redirected. Wastes their time. OK I guess.
Scum roleblocker: blocks themselves instead, wastes the exact same amount of time if you'd been vanilla though. No real huge benefit imo

That's all the quick basics. So overall, seems like you don't really do much special to waste scum time except possibly making them think they hadn't properly rolecopped you, which is a small improvement from them wasting their time by successfully finding out you're vanilla. As for harming town, it's nothing too major, but it could possibly waste a doc's time or confuse a town watcher.

A scum with your role, however, would get LOTS of benefit from it. It'd be like a godfather ninja combo.

So, I'm not familiar with all the roles listed above, but Bifauxnen is and so her post here ^^^ was really helpful to me.

Basically, if Juchero is town, his ability to reflect non-lethal attacks is now known by scum and is thus useless in aiding town.
If Juchero is scum, his ability to reflect non-lethal attacks is an incredible asset to him that would make him rather hard to pin down.
This is why I took my vote off of Juchero. I don't like the scum case being based on the flavor of his fullclaim alone, and I want to see Juchero's thoughts first.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

BERZERKER MAKE STAND NOW

##VOTE BIFAUXEN

VERY CHOOSY NOT SEEM LIKE CHOOSY TYPE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BERZERKER MAKE STAND NOW

##VOTE BIFAUXEN

VERY CHOOSY NOT SEEM LIKE CHOOSY TYPE

godDAMN I wish I could thunderdome you rn you have no loving idea hahahaha

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

OPPORTUNITY ATTACKS THERE

TUNNEL ON LITTLE GIRL

SWAP TO OTHER GOOD ONE

SEEM LIKE LOOKING FOR EASY BUT NOT TOO EASY

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

godDAMN I wish I could thunderdome you rn you have no loving idea hahahaha

THUNDERDOME WHERE BERZERKER STRONGEST NONE BEAT BERZERKER

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

six hours to deadline and wtf are these votes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah as much as I wish I could revel in some flavor poo poo rn, I can't actually do that. I'm ready to vote. Juch when everyone else is. My vote would bring him to -1

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

is votefinder still real slow or something

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

or wait no, some other peeps unvoted nvm

##vote Juch

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Six hours to deadline and what other cases are there?

I've been waiting to hear Juchero's thoughts for a while now.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

BERZERKER NO AGREE WITH LANCER KILL

NOT HELP KILL HIM

WE SEE WHO RIGHT

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BERZERKER NO AGREE WITH LANCER KILL

NOT HELP KILL HIM

WE SEE WHO RIGHT

ok so if he's town congrats on knowing he wasn't in your scumdoc woop de doo :v:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

ok so if he's town congrats on knowing he wasn't in your scumdoc woop de doo :v:

THIS CALL CHAIN KILL

TRY MAKE BERZERKER MOTIVE SEEM BAD SO EASY TEAM UP

BERZERKER GOOD

BERZERKER THINK YOU BAD ONE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

THIS CALL CHAIN KILL

nah just saying "we see who right" doesn't mean poo poo and I'd still vote you tomorrow

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

YOU TALK MANY

MAKE SEEM LIKE HELP

NOT REAL HELP

DIGGING TUNNELS ON GOOD ONES ONLY

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If Juch flips scum I'd just vote you even harder I guess :v:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

BERZERKER WAIT

BERZERKER MOST POWERFUL GOOD ONE

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

BERZERKER THINK YOU RIDER

CHAINS AND LIES

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

NOT GOOD RIDER

CONQUEROR RIDER FUNNY

BAD RIDER FULL OF CHAINS AND LIES

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BERZERKER THINK YOU RIDER

CHAINS AND LIES

Monathin can prolly figure out who I am now ;)

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I honestly think Bread is a stronger vote than Juchero. His posting has gotten weird today.

"Hands down I would kill Rex."

"Rex isn't my top pick for scum at all."

"Bif is the scum. I've got a gut read."

Meanwhile he turned on me after I brought attention back to him in thread. And he turned on Bif after she kept the pressure on him about it. He's accusing the people in thread who are accusing him. That's not making a case, that's trying to discredit your detractors.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

KhediveRex posted:

I honestly think Bread is a stronger vote than Juchero. His posting has gotten weird today.

"Hands down I would kill Rex."

"Rex isn't my top pick for scum at all."

"Bif is the scum. I've got a gut read."

Meanwhile he turned on me after I brought attention back to him in thread. And he turned on Bif after she kept the pressure on him about it. He's accusing the people in thread who are accusing him. That's not making a case, that's trying to discredit your detractors.

YOU NOT READ WHAT BERZERKER SAY

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

YOU TELL ABOUT OTHERS

BIF BECAUSE BAD ONE

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
He didn't say you were his top vote, KhediveRex, 50 pounds of bread said "town could learn the most from your flip."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince of Space posted:

He didn't say you were his top vote, KhediveRex, 50 pounds of bread said "town could learn the most from your flip."

what could we learn from Rex's flip, Bread?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

LEARN TRUTH ABOUT SLIP

FIND WHY OTHERS LISTEN OR NOT

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hm ok that's a decent answer.

who are your top reads, Bread? me and who else?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

BERZERKER DISTRACTED DURING MEMORIES

STILL REMEMBERING

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BERZERKER DISTRACTED DURING MEMORIES

STILL REMEMBERING

??

can you drop kayfabe for a sec to translate this for me? spoilerblock if you gotta.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Prince of Space posted:

I don't see why he would want to kill someone he didn't think was scum. And I don't see why town learns the most from killing me. And he didn't explain either of those points.

Also, like, if there are things bread wants to know about me, he could always ask?

But I just read Bread's response that flipping me would be most informative because it would reveal whether the "scumslip" Tobbs made a big deal about was real. In that sense, when I flipped town you all could probably put more appropriate attention on Tobbs. But I'd really prefer not to die to prove the point.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

KhediveRex posted:

I don't see why he would want to kill someone he didn't think was scum. And I don't see why town learns the most from killing me. And he didn't explain either of those points.

Also, like, if there are things bread wants to know about me, he could always ask?

But I just read Bread's response that flipping me would be most informative because it would reveal whether the "scumslip" Tobbs made a big deal about was real. In that sense, when I flipped town you all could probably put more appropriate attention on Tobbs. But I'd really prefer not to die to prove the point.

Ehhh I stand by my catch. The only reason I backed off was because I can see the argument where you don't know what you're doing.

I don't have a town read on you. If we can't go after you for putting people on your list of suspicious players and calling them townies, or casing me for interfering with a player who you don't know is town, then we can't really analyze your posts at all. If you weren't a new player we'd have lynched you already and be discussing what happened N2.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Monathin can prolly figure out who I am now ;)

I have a hunch, and I think you likewise do as well.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

KhediveRex posted:

CHANCE YOU SLIPPY BAD ONE STILL THERE

NOT COUNTING OUT BUT NOT FULLY THINK YOU BAD ONE

COULD BE ONE OR OTHER

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

can you drop kayfabe for a sec to translate this for me? spoilerblock if you gotta.

so I guess thats a no then

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ehhh I stand by my catch. The only reason I backed off was because I can see the argument where you don't know what you're doing.

I don't have a town read on you. If we can't go after you for putting people on your list of suspicious players and calling them townies, or casing me for interfering with a player who you don't know is town, then we can't really analyze your posts at all. If you weren't a new player we'd have lynched you already and be discussing what happened N2.

I wouldn't dream to tell you what you can and can't make cases on Tobbs. After all, you're my only friend.

On the other hand I seem to recall that you made both of those cases upthread. It would be a little disingenuous to say that I told you to stop. The thread listened to your case, reviewed it, and mostly moved away. They did much the same to my case on you. Stuff like that happens sometimes. We can just keep being suspicious of each other I guess.

That said ... I'm really glad you're my friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

so I guess thats a no then

50 I appreciate your commitment but some clarification on your thoughts in "normal speak" might be worthwhile for now.

• Locked thread