Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Maya Rudolph is criminally underrated, and I am sad to see people itt who either don't like her or don't know who she is.

Y'all goin' to the bad place.

yeah bunch of basic bees up in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I can't fault someone for not knowing any actors name, but the dude who had never even heard of Bridesmaids? That movie was literally everywhere

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Strawman posted:

Are you saying you didn't want Jason Donovan or Carl from Neighbours to be the judge? This whole thing is disappointing :colbert:

Get Nick Cave to do it imo

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

I wish Bobson Dugnutt was God. Thanks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

seaborgium posted:

She was the weird federal agent when Jake and the Captain were in witness protection.
I don't remember that at all. B99 may not be the most memorable show.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

esperterra posted:

Maya Rudolph is criminally underrated, and I am sad to see people itt who either don't like her or don't know who she is.

Y'all goin' to the bad place.

With the amount of hype I thought it was gonna be like, Judge Judy or Weird Al or Donald Trump

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Jeb! Repetition posted:

With the amount of hype I thought it was gonna be like, Judge Judy or Weird Al or Donald Trump

Weird Al playing it completely straight would have owned.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Strawman posted:

Are you saying you didn't want Jason Donovan or Carl from Neighbours to be the judge? This whole thing is disappointing :colbert:

John Jarratt.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Your Taint posted:

Weird Al reprising his role from Galavant would have owned.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Your Taint posted:

Weird Al reprising his role from Galavant would have owned.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Your Taint posted:

Weird Al playing it completely straight would have owned.
You mean Normal Al?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm a few episodes behind (Best Version of You) but OF COURSE Tahani regularly speaks to the manager.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Speaking of Weird Al, due to a strange wikipedia hole I fell down, I learned that Weird Al voiced Darkseid in Teen Titans Go! and I just watched a clip of it on YouTube and was left with so many questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZ9C9_TTQM

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The hype seemed to only be so high in this thread tbh so I kind of ignored it.

Maya Rudolph is def worthy of hype tho.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
goddamnit when is the season premier of the jake jortles, molotov cocktail division spinoff

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
D’Arcy Carden and Jameela Jamil will be on Carson Daly tonight, from about 1:54:30 - 2:01:00 AM (12:54:30 - 1:01:00 CST,) I’m guessing from their position in the lineup. I’ll try to get it online too tomorrow for anyone not staying up until 2 AM.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hey, have a thinkpiece from the newspaper that profiles nazis

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/31/arts/the-good-place-kristen-bell-ted-danson.html

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

pwn posted:

from about 1:54:30 - 2:01:00 AM (12:54:30 - 1:01:00 CST,)

What is this some kind of martian time keeping

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cptn_dr posted:

Get Nick Cave to do it imo

Have him dress up as his character from Johnny Suede

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I was really hoping Ron Swanson (not Nick Offerman, but the actual character of Ron Swanson) would somehow be the judge.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tiggum posted:

I have never in my life seen a single episode of SNL. I'm only vaguely aware of what it even is. A topical sketch show? I don't think it's ever been on Australian TV and all I ever hear people say about it is that it "used to be funny".

Yes, and it's live on (some) Saturday nights.

People who say a show "used to be funny" also sometimes yell at kids to get off their lawn, and also have stories about, when they were your age, walking uphill both ways in the snow to, I don't know, play with a hoop and stick or a cup and ball. Music has also remained bad since just after the time they went to college/university or thereabouts.

Are they that out of touch?

No. No, it's the children who are wrong.

Maya Rudolph is good in everything I've seen her in, and I'll be honest, I forgot about the pants making GBS threads scene posted earlier, like I apparently forgot the rest of the movie.

Strawman posted:

Who are they they sound nice.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

“SNL is bad now” comments are old enough to be your dad

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I liked Bill Hader when he was a cast member. I still like Bill Hader but I see less of him now.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

New interview with Manny Jacinto: https://www.gq.com/story/manny-jacinto-the-good-place-interview

:3

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

It never occurs to me while he's playing Jason (except that one time he wore a suit) but holy poo poo, is Manny Jacinto the most handsome dude on earth?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Strawman posted:

Now I'm annoyed that we didn't get the guy that plays Alf Stewart from Home and Away as the judge.

He has done actual paid nightclub appearances over here in Ireland.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm going to posit a controversial opinion by saying some skits are good and some are bad regardless of when the SNL episode was.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

drunken officeparty posted:

What is this some kind of martian time keeping
Sorry. I mean, it was on like late and stuff i guess idk.

You can watch it here

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

bull3964 posted:

I'm going to posit a controversial opinion by saying some skits are good and some are bad regardless of when the SNL episode was.

I only watch SNL for the skits, fast-forwarding straight through any musical numbers. :smaug:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bull3964 posted:

And most people only experience older SNL via compilations of the best ones

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I only watch SNL for the skits, fast-forwarding straight through any musical numbers. :smaug:

Even on the rare occasion they book a band that I like they always sound like rear end

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

cptn_dr posted:

It never occurs to me while he's playing Jason (except that one time he wore a suit) but holy poo poo, is Manny Jacinto the most handsome dude on earth?

I mean, on the one hand it’s GQ and their stylists and photographers are clearly doing a bang up job, but at the same time, they’ve got some A+ material to work with there. The photos bring out those pretty eyes and that jawline.

I think the wide-eyed thing he does for Jason (and the way he stretches out his neck all the time*) makes him look more gawky, and a bit innocent and childlike.

*He does it a bunch, like how Ted Danson is always tapping people on the upper arm before he exits the scene.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Burn this poo poo down Michael.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Hot diggity dog!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh poo poo, the dude who guessed they were gonna go back to Earth was right!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh poo poo y'all

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh poo poo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Alright now when do they become roommates

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ugh I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop here, either she fucks it all up or there's another twist here

• Locked thread