Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

dont even fink about it posted:

Was this supposed to make sense?

What this means is that when Austin eliminated everyone else before the next guy came out, the AI had no idea what to do and shut off. When Carlito came out though, it didn't turn back on, leaving Austin doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Stone Cold is refusing to follow the script! By god he's going into business for himself, he's sandbagging Carlito!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

St Evan Echoes posted:

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda's do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in the friend

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If you preordered the unnecessarily premiere version of UFC 3, it is now available.

When you get to the main menu, the game directs you to the tutorials first, because the TUTORIALS button is the only one with a big, bold, underlined RECOMMENDED above it.

When you attempt to click on a tutorial, it pops up a gray screen that says COMING SOON.

Don't preorder video games.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CarlCX posted:

If you preordered the unnecessarily premiere version of UFC 3, it is now available.

When you get to the main menu, the game directs you to the tutorials first, because the TUTORIALS button is the only one with a big, bold, underlined RECOMMENDED above it.

When you attempt to click on a tutorial, it pops up a gray screen that says COMING SOON.

2K are real good at their jobs

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

2K are real good at their jobs

The UFC games are by EA. Who are also, well.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

CarlCX posted:

Maybe you need to unlock it through loot boxes? :shrug:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CarlCX posted:

:lol:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maxwell Lord posted:

The UFC games are by EA. Who are also, well.

And apparently Microsoft is looking at purchasing EA to shore up its first-party Xbox offerings. Look forward to the UFC games being even more cocked up!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh good, we can get Madden and FIFA addicts acting like they understand monopoly and antitrust law because they don't want to buy the XBox IIXVII.

Also, I am a garbage human and preordered UFC3. It's all right. Not sure I like the two-face-button moves, feels like it's making the game less accessible which was why I liked it.
Also, career mode has a loving SHARP curve. I made a women's batamweight and i was like 11-0 and then Juliana Pena shows up and my stats are all at least 12 points under hers, and more like 30 in some places. I can get like one knockdown on her and then she takes me down and humps me until the buzzer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The NFL and FIFA licenses probably don't allow for exclusivity.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Minecraft still also exists and continues to be updated on several non-MS platforms, too.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Do any goons play WWE Champions? Looking to join a more active faction in it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
where the gently caress is my fight night round 5

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Zigmidge posted:

where the gently caress is my fight night round 5

Sitting right next to skate 4

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I don't even want skate 4 or fight night r5 if this EA is going to be making them and yet.... :negative:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Sitting right next to skate 4

loot boxes for individual wheels

e - and shoelaces

fake e - and the little nubs at the end of the shoelaces for extra landing stats

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

I don't even want skate 4 or fight night r5 if this EA is going to be making them and yet.... :negative:

Well a good other reason to not want Skate 4 is because Black Box is dead, killed by EA like so many other studios. Even had the audacity to rename them "Quicklime Games" before doing so which I didn't even think was a real thing but it is.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 31, 2018

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Can I just get a Tony Hawk game that was as fun as 1 or 2?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I do weekly blood rituals to try and force AKI back into existence. I'll throw in a quick prayer for Skate next time for you guys.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Worked for Shenmue 3 :unsmith:

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Well a good other reason to not want Skate 4 is because Black Box is dead, killed by EA like so many other studios. Even had the audacity to rename them "Quicklime Games" before doing so which I didn't even think was a real thing but it is.

There may never be a Skate 4, but Session will hopefully be a worthy successor.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

I can't understand how Activision hosed that license as hard as they did. They could have put out proper remakes of the first couple games in HD and it would have been awesome.

Instead we got Tony Hawk HD (which controlled like poo poo) and THPS4.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

MisterGBH posted:

Do any goons play WWE Champions? Looking to join a more active faction in it.

Goon World Order is the goon faction for Champions. No idea if anyone is still there, since I handed it off and dropped that game months ago.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

I can't understand how Activision hosed that license as hard as they did. They could have put out proper remakes of the first couple games in HD and it would have been awesome.

Instead we got Tony Hawk HD (which controlled like poo poo) and THPS4.
When Harmonix left to do Rock Band, Neversoft was shuffled onto the Guitar Hero franchise, which they did fairly admirably until the arse-end fell out of the instrument-controller-game market, at which point they were merged into the CoD machine. When Neversoft moved onto Guitar Hero, the Tony Hawk series was moved to a studio called Robomodo that was founded by veterans of... the Fight Night team. Huh. Weird how this topic comes together. Anyway, Robomodo didn't do a very good job and now they no longer exist either.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

So the team of boxing enthusiasts was moved to the skateboarding world, the team of skating enthusiasts moved to music, the team of actual skateboarders moved to automotive racing and now they're either all dead or in cod limbo?

EA, cmaan

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tato posted:

I do weekly blood rituals to try and force AKI back into existence. I'll throw in a quick prayer for Skate next time for you guys.

I gave up a long time ago and now just emulate VPW2 and No Mercy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Grab a copy of THUG2 for PC and look up a mod called THUGPRO. It ports over all sorts of poo poo from across the series into one game to sort of make it the Tony Hawk All Stars game.

Tato posted:

The good news is that AKI still technically exist, they changed their name to Syn Sophia.

The bad news is they stopped making wrestling games and instead make the Style Savvy series, which, well, isn't wrestling.

Supposedly they made a barcode-battler-y wrestling game for mobile in 2014/2015, but the official website seems to have been replaced with domain squatters, so I suspect it didn't do well.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Apparently Fire Pro Wrestling World's Management DLC has been delayed, no mention that I found for how long. However the reason for the delay is to add the ability to add/edit wrestlers during the management game mode instead of having every wrestler fixed at the start.

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/958146999529820160

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/958148339790364672

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They have so much goodwill backed up that sure take your time guys. I'll be here, 10 bux in hand when you're ready.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The Kins posted:

Grab a copy of THUG2 for PC and look up a mod called THUGPRO. It ports over all sorts of poo poo from across the series into one game to sort of make it the Tony Hawk All Stars game.

Did not know this existed, and it looks very interesting. Thanks!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
NewLegacyInc is playing the new UFC game

https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousYawningGrassBibleThump

:stare:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So they won a fight by KO in the first round but the simulated tweets were all like "Hey you'll do better next time".

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
FORD Ogle is a monster.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Martin/Ogle FOTY

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

So they won a fight by KO in the first round but the simulated tweets were all like "Hey you'll do better next time".

I'm having a real mixed experience with this game but maybe my favorite thing about it is its accurate simulation of how no matter what you do or how well you do it people on twitter will tell you you're the loving worst.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm incredibly happy with Fire Pro World, so if they're acting like they started the year on the wrong foot and need to overhaul everything to make it extra-awesome, I have to say, I have a boner that could destroy loving buildings.

e: like, I thought they were basically gonna be done with the game after the management DLC, and were that the case it'd just be a really, really good game with a few bits of lingering jank. If they keep polishing it, though, it might end up being the actual best wrestling game ever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I'm having a real mixed experience with this game but maybe my favorite thing about it is its accurate simulation of how no matter what you do or how well you do it people on twitter will tell you you're the loving worst.

Also that they always gif the wrong part of the finish.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm incredibly happy with Fire Pro World, so if they're acting like they started the year on the wrong foot and need to overhaul everything to make it extra-awesome, I have to say, I have a boner that could destroy loving buildings.

e: like, I thought they were basically gonna be done with the game after the management DLC, and were that the case it'd just be a really, really good game with a few bits of lingering jank. If they keep polishing it, though, it might end up being the actual best wrestling game ever.

I am sort of curious about the news that they're trying to make UI improvements. Sure I'm used to it by now but the game could definitely stand to be more accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Monster Factory's latest is 2k18.

I do have to say, this almost tempts me (now that I have a PS4.) Is there like a good game which has this level of stupid character creation?