Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does Calgary get cap relief from Jagr being waived?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, he's old.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Montreal only able to win 20 games out of 50 this season....yeah that sounds about bang on actually for what I would have figured even though I just read the stat line today. Can't wait to see what out-sized slab of meat Defenseman Bergevin ends up drafting in the off season if he's still around which seems like 50/50 at this point. I'm gonna say he drafts Bode Wild, just from the description alone he sounds like a Bergie wet dream.

Bode Wilde, D, 6-foot-2, 197 pounds (USNTDP): Big, strong, can move his feet and competes hard. Stands guys up in the neutral and defensive zone and hits hard. Moves pucks quickly to the best option. Has a bomb of a shot.

e: On second though that moves puck quickly to best option thing might turn him away, but no doubt he's slobbering over the big strong guy that stands people up in his own end and heavy shot part.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 31, 2018

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Does Calgary get cap relief from Jagr being waived?

Yes they do, they save the money they would have paid him after the date his contract was officially terminated, and he only earned $350k of a potential $1 million in bonuses

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Vegas was also gifted their #1D Nate Schmidt who should have been protected by Washington but wasn't because heaven forbid they lose Tom Wilson.

Also still lolling at the fact that Schmidt was healthy scratched in the playoffs in favor of Brooks Orpik and Karl loving Alzner.

I legit think that putting Schmidt into the lineup from game 3 on turned the Leafs/Caps series for them, couldn’t believe he’d ever been scratched and that the Caps wanted rid of him. It was like when Carlyle scratched Jake Gardiner for Mark Fraser against the Bruins.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I legit think that putting Schmidt into the lineup from game 3 on turned the Leafs/Caps series for them, couldn’t believe he’d ever been scratched and that the Caps wanted rid of him. It was like when Carlyle scratched Jake Gardiner for Mark Fraser against the Bruins.

Indeed. Remember Schmidt only got re-inserted into the lineup because Alzner got hurt, which at that point was a blessing in disguise. It not only got Alzner out of the lineup who was trash and Schmidt into the lineup who was good, but it also forced Trotz to play Orlov and Niskanen more as the shutdown pairing. Before that point it seemed like Toronto was playing at their pace and after that it seemed like Washington dictated the play.

I understand rating Schmidt as the 4th best D behind Niskanen, Orlov, and Carlson when it came to protection slots for the draft. But I don’t understand why they didn’t protect 4 D especially when it became clear Johansson would become a cap casualty.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 1, 2018

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kale posted:

Montreal only able to win 20 games out of 50 this season....yeah that sounds about bang on actually for what I would have figured even though I just read the stat line today. Can't wait to see what out-sized slab of meat Defenseman Bergevin ends up drafting in the off season if he's still around which seems like 50/50 at this point. I'm gonna say he drafts Bode Wild, just from the description alone he sounds like a Bergie wet dream.

Bode Wilde, D, 6-foot-2, 197 pounds (USNTDP): Big, strong, can move his feet and competes hard. Stands guys up in the neutral and defensive zone and hits hard. Moves pucks quickly to the best option. Has a bomb of a shot.

e: On second though that moves puck quickly to best option thing might turn him away, but no doubt he's slobbering over the big strong guy that stands people up in his own end and heavy shot part.

You have no idea how happy I am that Bergevin hates short players. DeBrincat is kind of awesome. Im hoping the Hawks find someone to take Seabrook so they can pick up Zucc and have a wee man line. :3:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Furnaceface posted:

You have no idea how happy I am that Bergevin hates short players. DeBrincat is kind of awesome. Im hoping the Hawks find someone to take Seabrook so they can pick up Zucc and have a wee man line. :3:

You're not allowed to have him.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Nick Ritchie's hit on Backes deemed "Shoulder-to-shoulder contact"

Beauchemin's crosscheck that put Bjork out of the game apparently deemed "gently caress the Bruins"

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Bode Wilde actually looks like a real player though

Quick who's this years McCarron or Crouse...that's the guy Bergevin will take

Yes even if the habs win the lottery

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
GDT is up if anyone cares.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

You're not allowed to have him.

If youre keeping Zucc you have to keep AV as well. Thems the rules. :colbert:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Furnaceface posted:

If youre keeping Zucc you have to keep AV as well. Thems the rules. :colbert:

That just means a better draft pick so fine, deal.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

stab posted:

Bode Wilde actually looks like a real player though

Quick who's this years McCarron or Crouse...that's the guy Bergevin will take

Yes even if the habs win the lottery

Come on now, McCarron is a real player, he has 67 pims in laval in only 35 games! What a gamer!

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

ThinkTank posted:

Iginla didn't even make Team Canada at the Olympics. Why hasn't he retired yet?

And if Fisher is coming back to the NHL, why wouldn't he want to go to the Olympics first? Can't be worse than Chris Kelly.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

bub spank posted:

And if Fisher is coming back to the NHL, why wouldn't he want to go to the Olympics first? Can't be worse than Chris Kelly.

I assumed it was because the day he has to sign by (the 26th) was too early but the gold medal game is on the 25th.

He said he hasnt kept up with his conditioning and skating so he probably wouldn't be ready to play for the olympics.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
We might actually have puck moving defencemen.

The Apocaleafs draws near...

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Travis McDermott is the Matthew Barzall of hockey defensemen. He's real good.

See what happens when you scratch Polak and Martin? Seeeee??

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Seems like I missed a great game. Do the same thing tomorrow please.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

how do these graphs keep getting worse

He gets $3k/month on Patreon to make bad* hockey graphs so who's laughing now?

*They're not all bad but this one really is.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The flyers were down 5-3 with an empty net.

Andrew MacDonald was on the ice.

:suicide::suicide::suicide:

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Joey Logano did a great job reminding me that NBC can ruin anything tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Slappy Pappy posted:

Joey Logano did a great job reminding me that NBC can ruin anything tonight.

What made that even more bizarre for me as a fan of both sports was that the Daytona 500 isn't even on NBC. It's on FOX.

On top of that, NBC is paying a driver who ran races last season in Dale Earnhardt, Jr to do not NASCAR things like the Super Bowl and Olympics until their portion of the NASCAR season.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 1, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/davegisaac/status/958914271768870912

:tif:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Could be worse. Could be Montreal. Or Edmonton. Or Ottawa.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNYC/status/959094003470712833

NY on the Athletic. Cool!

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 1, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BillClement10/status/959079669730545666

Neat old photo Bill Clement found. I never realized the Rockies logo was that huge, i love that jersey.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Happy 25th Gary Bettman anniversary folks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Happy 25th Gary Bettman anniversary folks.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Thank you Philadelphia for letting Oshie score on the PP. Dude was majorly in need of a confidence boost after a pretty poo poo year so far.

• Locked thread