Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Casual Rasual is chillin with the angels now :(

dokmo posted:

But this is nearly always the case in extreme performances. Over the last three seasons there have been 32 fifty point games, only 7 of them have been against opponents with winning records (and 3 of those games were losses).

edit I think these numbers aren't quite right, but I deleted the spreadsheet and my point stands anyway.

Oh for sure, I was actually making the opposite joke, that I’m definitely NOT embarrassed that my favorite team got pasted and that they are for sure not a melted turd of a team

This thread has pretty good book taste, even some of the joke entries are good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:rip: Isiah Canaan

https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/958919737920163840

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

G-Hawk posted:

so is greg monroe a huge rear end in a top hat aka Locker Room Cancer, or?

I've never heard anything negative about him. The Suns traded for him because they thought they could flip him for a first round draft pick but it turns out only letting a guy play a week a month to highlight him or when a washed up Tyson Chandler or a generally mediocre Alex Len can't play for some reason isn't the best way to maintain his value.

If he does end up with the Celtics at their DPE that will deflect much of the Suns cost for him for the year since buyouts are almost always offset by the next contract a player gets in that season (and this is at least how they're always counted for the cap).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Ankles do not work that way

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

jesus what are the chances two dudes break their leg in the exact same way in the same season

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Away all Goats posted:

jesus what are the chances two dudes break their leg in the exact same way in the same season

Math is not my strong subject but it's looking like 100%

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
McCollum with the 28-point first quarter. :stare:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

wtf, what did I vote for...?

There is no record of a "MOVIE MAJICK" voting in the 2018 poll.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Mark R.L. Fultz

:discourse:

McCollum didn't even play in the fourth. He could've had a 60 point game.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

Celtics are currently up >30 and Jaylen Brown destroyed Porzingis tonight

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/958879666055544832

hah I was watching the nets game for the most part and this was the only piece of the Knicks game I seen live

i gotta say it feels better being a fan of the team commanded by the lonesome empty-heart thief-in-law with an ego that could devour the world rather than the team inherited by the jelly man who pays musicians to pretend they're his friends. i think we're more likely to succeed and the color scheme is much more NYC*. we gotta figure out a way to play in black jeans and timberlands tho

*this isn't true, driving over the bridge with a view of the skyline at dawn the whole world is orange and blue and it's the most beautiful sight in the whole world, it's only true clothing wise

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

*in extremely Žižek voice* LeBron is utilizing the tenants of capitalism to further his own desire for a nationalized basketball association

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/959059278807040000

:thunk:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/958962734439137280

Hahahahahaha what the gently caress is this. But I do recall in early 2016 a report coming about KD having interest in the Warriors and we all dismissed it but we know how that turned out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pretty sure the only way for the warriors to do that is a sign and trade with Iguodala and Livingston, unless they want to shed Klay or Draymond.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Pretty sure the only way for the warriors to do that is a sign and trade with Iguodala and Livingston, unless they want to shed Klay or Draymond.

Hi, Sixers here. We would like one Klay please. Name your price

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol gently caress outta here Bron

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

*in extremely Žižek voice* LeBron is utilizing the tenants of capitalism to further his own desire for a nationalized basketball association

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Warriors need to shed $60 million dollars to have cap space for a max contract. BEST OF LUCK.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

This is the biggest clickbait I've ever seen. It's complete and total conjecture.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Tank is back. Time to hand the keys ofthe offense to cam payne

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Breaking news : LeBron could meet with representatives of all 30 nba teams, 6 NFL franchises, and 1 cbl team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

This is the biggest clickbait I've ever seen. It's complete and total conjecture.

I doubt it's click bait or conjecture. It's not all that shocking.

I have little doubt someone told Haynes LeBron would take a meeting with the Warriors if they could offer him the max.

LeBron would probably take a meeting with any halfway decent team with room for a max.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
hot take: Ben Simmons is a future MVP even if he never develops a reliable shot outside the paint

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Whiteside being shopped? Bucks maybe a target.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/01/31/hassan-whiteside-could-be-in-play-for-trade-says-ira-winderman/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Greg Monroe has very sad eyes and deserves a good home after years of putting up 18 and 10 for mediocre teams.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

hot take: Ben Simmons is a future MVP even if he never develops a reliable shot outside the paint

Nah he won't have a better season than the brow or giannis or even his own teammate embiid if he can't reliably make shots outside the paint

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Stevie Lee posted:

He needs to at the absolute minimum develop a respectable mid range game. I already worry about how teams will game plan against him right now in a playoff series.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Metapod posted:

Nah he won't have a better season than the brow or giannis or even his own teammate embiid if he can't reliably make shots outside the paint

We have plenty of evidence, including from less than a year ago, that narrative is more important than having a better season, though.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AdamReisinger/status/958924689866444800

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/958962734439137280

Hahahahahaha what the gently caress is this. But I do recall in early 2016 a report coming about KD having interest in the Warriors and we all dismissed it but we know how that turned out

For what it's worth it was also reported he's still interested in the Lakers for some reason so clearly this is all just Lebron trying to undermine Gilbert, for some reason.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lebron will tell the Warriors he's interested just to gently caress with them. Like when he hosed with Gilbert and made them sign Bogut. First billionaire champion of the proletariat. GOAT.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Speaking of Lakers, that Clutchfan guy who is often right about Lakers trades for some reason is claiming that the Lakers are close on a Marc Gasol trade (would probably be a Lopez+Pick for Gasol swap, looking at the rosters). They do need to secure a first round pick to make it happen, but there was also a report yesterday that teams are calling offering picks for Randle and/or Clarkson.

There is shampoo in his hair and soap on Gasol's hands (he's about to be washed) so I don't really like this that much but I guess it's better than betting on two superstars.

Metapod posted:

I genuinely hope people recognize that while he looks like Lebron James Jr when Embiid is around, he looks like Tyreke Evans Jr. when Embiid is gone, which isn't to poo poo on him because he's a rookie and poo poo takes time, but clearly Embiid is the difference maker here.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

New inspiration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Somebody should scoop up Sullinger when the China season ends or whatever.
https://twitter.com/DemanPlan/status/953265120523759616
He's averaging 31/17 over 26 games. He's been the "International Player of the Week" 3 out of 9 weeks so far this season.

In other China watching, Brandon Jennings is averaging 28/7/5 in 13 games and is looking for an NBA team.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 1, 2018

• Locked thread