Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello im a copy editor and having february in the title twice is off putting. should just be february chat thread: knack history month

also hire me and pay me well thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

In Training posted:

DBFZ has already outsold SFV lifetime. I'm glad Goku has finally shepherded millions away from the poisonous influence of Capcom

That's awesome, I hadn't heard that. I'm really excited to see it at EVO, just watching DBZ characters wail on each other in a highly-polished game is a dream of mine.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I'm finally ordering an SSD after all this time. Things like slowly loading into WoW and Overwatch matches have become too much of a problem to ignore anymore. I don't have a CD drive on my computer either so I'm also getting a usb stick to install windows 7. I'm super nervous because this is the first time I have to do this kind of thing on my own, both installing windows on a new hard drive and installing a computer part at all so I'm heckin nervous about screwing something up :ohdear:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

I never knew minecraft was so...vertigo-inducing?

Oh, I like to use a high FOV thanks to my Quake FPS days :D I usually run around games at 110-120 FOV and my minecraft is on 110.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad Yamcha is in DBFZ but I hope Yajirobe could get added at some point in time because he is cool and good

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man that MineCraft FOV gave me a headache.

The games I'll be playing this month are Radiant Historia and The Fall 2!! Play the Fall ya'll it owns.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

FirstAidKite posted:

I am glad Yamcha is in DBFZ but I hope Yajirobe could get added at some point in time because he is cool and good

You never know! I have no doubt there will be dlc characters. Hercule, Roshi, and Broly seem like obvious picks to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The supposed dlc list is leaked and its mostly movie villains and base form goku/vegeta

FirstAidKite posted:

They kinda painted themselves into a corner on regular people getting in the game by making flight and vanish into universal mechanics. Yamcha vanishing is already a stretch

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The fact that the 'forums down' page directs you to a twitter account that is suspended really speaks to me.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

hello im a copy editor and having february in the title twice is off putting. should just be february chat thread: knack history month

also hire me and pay me well thank you

I used to be a copy editor for a local newspaper and we were invited to participate in a community spelling bee/auction to raise money for charity. Other competitors included the city council and different local organizations. We get are the first team to go and the word is chocolate. Our editor-in-chief says "I got this" and doesn't bother with even a brief pow-wow with the reporter or me. She proceeds to misspell chocolate.

That's my story thanks for listening.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Macaluso posted:

So I'm finally ordering an SSD after all this time. Things like slowly loading into WoW and Overwatch matches have become too much of a problem to ignore anymore. I don't have a CD drive on my computer either so I'm also getting a usb stick to install windows 7. I'm super nervous because this is the first time I have to do this kind of thing on my own, both installing windows on a new hard drive and installing a computer part at all so I'm heckin nervous about screwing something up :ohdear:

Once you see WoW on an SSD you'll wonder how you even suffered with a mechanical drive all these years.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lizard Wizard posted:

hello february, what are some good couch co-ops on the ps2 3 or 4

The Knack games have couch co-op.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/959094166021115905

that's a long time imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Valve, please let me buy Final Fantasy XII now.

Thank you.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hello i am here to say game of the month is ys8 again, now that NISA fixed all (?) their horrible awful mistakes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Free Knack this month and then The Fall and Radiant Historia on the same day?

Good heavens...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Valve, please let me buy Final Fantasy XII now.

Thank you.

It's available for purchase now. :homebrew:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Erg posted:

Hello i am here to say game of the month is ys8 again, now that NISA fixed all (?) their horrible awful mistakes

So that re-translation turned out pretty well then? Glad to hear it, might have to pick that one up whenever I manage to finish EO5 finally.
Just have to figure out what system to get it on then.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh right I have to finally get Ys now too if it's tolerable post patch

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I keep seeing Radiant Historia and my mind keeps mistaking it for Radiata Stories. Square should rerelease that.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Glad everyone can now experience Ys 8's not especially interesting story as was intended

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

up to the equip load section of the wiki, apparently it's like dark souls 2 except even easier

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh man, FF12 on the PC? I was thinking about playing that eventually on the PS4 but I might just have to splurge and play it where it will run better and nicer-looking

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think there's going to be a huge difference in performance between the pc and ps4 versions of an hd rerelease of a ps2 game with a turbo button

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

Free Knack this month and then The Fall and Radiant Historia on the same day?

Good heavens...

I really hope The Fall 2 lives up to the first one. The first one was so unexpectedly good.

Also stop messing with my thread titles Videogames :mad: I liked it better with February twice.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Colonel posted:

i don't think there's going to be a huge difference in performance between the pc and ps4 versions of an hd rerelease of a ps2 game with a turbo button

Main performance differences are 60fps and ultra widescreen support

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

MMF Freeway posted:

Main performance differences are 60fps and ultra widescreen support

oh, huh. i wonder why 60fps wasn't in the ps4 version to begin with

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

bentacos posted:

I keep seeing Radiant Historia and my mind keeps mistaking it for Radiata Stories. Square should rerelease that.

Radiate Stories is a wide game but not a very deep one. Like, there's a ton of people to recruit and a story that can take one of two very different turns and a day/night cycle that NPCs react to, but combat was, as I remember, really lacking.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Colonel posted:

oh, huh. i wonder why 60fps wasn't in the ps4 version to begin with

Its kinda weird since I think everyone assumed that it was a FFX/X-2 situation where they had to lock it at 30fps cuz it would break everything otherwise but apparently that's not the case. Or maybe it did but they actually felt like putting in the effort to make it work for the PC release. That doesn't sound very much like SE though...

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Macaluso posted:

Very good. Even when I turned off a bunch of junk and shaved more than 2/3 the loading on reboot times on an HDD, it still doesn't compare to a 850 EVO. Did you check the PC thread for suggestions?

VideoGames posted:

Oh, I like to use a high FOV thanks to my Quake FPS days :D I usually run around games at 110-120 FOV and my minecraft is on 110.
I felt a violent urge from looking at that. Probably because I did the same as a kid.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 1, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

DBFZ has already outsold SFV lifetime. I'm glad Goku has finally shepherded millions away from the poisonous influence of Capcom

On the other hand Capcom just released goty Monster Hunter World.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Very good. Even when I turned off a bunch of junk and shaved more than 2/3 the loading time on an HDD, it still doesn't compare to a 850 EVO. Did you check the PC thread for suggestions?

I didn't. I just went ahead and bought one. That one specifically too funny enough. I just now saw there's a slightly new model after the fact but I figure it can't be that big of a difference between them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

I think maybe there's good capcom who makes Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney then bad capcom who makes everything else

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

capcom stands for captain commando

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm honestly surprised so many people played The Fall pt 1

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

chumbler posted:

Apparently MHW sold 5mil in its opening weekend, holy moly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hello

Is there a madden thread?

Specifically one about the ultimate team mode?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm honestly surprised so many people played The Fall pt 1

I thought it had a decent amount of buzz back when it came out. I've been looking forward to the sequel for ages

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Apparently MHW sold 5mil in its opening weekend, holy moly.

Isn't that already more than any other game in the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hello

Is there a madden thread?

Specifically one about the ultimate team mode?

All of the sports threads are banished to The Armchair Quarterback subforum.

• Locked thread