Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

the 2nd or 3rd to last one in the bone tree has blue sharpness and attack up L.

and lyle is right always hit the monster in the head or legs with your notes and rehearsals. get evade+ skills and get up in that rear end larry

its so loving baller when you achieve mastery at this, the horn and hunter become one performing a beautiful melody of bongos or electric guitar between a dragons legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The coral zone is so cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'll be home at like 10:15 est if anyone wants to hunt somethin for a few hours

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I had to google how to do the wyvern egg quest and saw a lot of guides saying "Oh its in zone 16, you want to find something in zone 17 first" and was really confused because I completely missed a big chunk of the map while trying to fully explore it. This game rules

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

wf there is an electric guitar in this game? look like i know what imn trying after Long Sword

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

wf there is an electric guitar in this game? look like i know what imn trying after Long Sword

There might not be, there was in 4 and I think 3 tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

also the shield bash makes such a good punching sound

the shield bash is cool. it does stun damage so it's good to use on a monsters head after you knock it down by mounting you can quickly rack up stun damage and mayabe have it dazed when it gets up. its not as good as the hammer/horn or gs for that sort of thing but when it works its cool :cool:

another cool thing to do with the sns is that you can use items and the slinger while shielding. this means you can put down BOMBS when you are SHIELDING in between sword combos.

also they added a new move that's any direction + triangle, that reorients your direction and resets your combo. this means you can COMBO INFINITELY by going like triangle x 3 circle x 3 direction + triangle for combo reset or whatever.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

tao of lmao posted:

What is everyone using for weapons? I thought I was going to main horn this time, but wound up really enjoying the charge blade. Having the practice room with all the combos is clutch.

dual blades. doing the full demon mode midair cartwheel over a monster is so satisfying

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

dual blades. doing the full demon mode midair cartwheel over a monster is so satisfying

ya i tried using the longsword bow and insect glaive for a little bit but dual blades just wrecks everything

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

did my first cat sidequest last night and now my cat has bongos

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

did my first cat sidequest last night and now my cat has bongos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntSLJchOpE

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

is there an Imp Squad?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its awesome to gear up for a specific monster and answer peoples SOS calls like a hero

Dec 26, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

What is everyone using for weapons? I thought I was going to main horn this time, but wound up really enjoying the charge blade. Having the practice room with all the combos is clutch.

greatsword/long sword/bow so far mostly. bow in particular is pretty cool now, i like it a lot more than in generations. i messed with dual blades/lance a little too and liked them

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The charge blade is fun but I think I also want a higher mobility weapon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just started playing and I chose the katana as my first weapon. It's cool and I like the dodge slash but I might try something a little faster

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I started with sword and shield because it’s the boring conventional choice for a boring conventional person like me, but I never actually block anything and just instinctively roll out of the way of attacks instead, making he shield redundant, so I might just switch to longsword or greatsword.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im getting better with the charge blade, but in the heat of the moment its tough keeping track of what combo charges what pieces. still sick tho

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is pretty badass tbh.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bolverkur posted:

is there an Imp Squad?

would also like to know this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bolverkur posted:

is there an Imp Squad?

There is now

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just got this game today and I can already tell it owns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How do I join

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

im getting better with the charge blade, but in the heat of the moment its tough keeping track of what combo charges what pieces. still sick tho

Yeah I'm just starting to get the hang of it. The best part of the charge blade is the real easy launch move for setting people up to mount or trolling people after the monster goes down.

Dec 26, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I started with sword and shield because it’s the boring conventional choice for a boring conventional person like me, but I never actually block anything and just instinctively roll out of the way of attacks instead, making he shield redundant, so I might just switch to longsword or greatsword.

even if you don’t ever use it to actually block you can use items/slinger while your shield is up, which is really nice

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tao of lmao posted:

Yeah I'm just starting to get the hang of it. The best part of the charge blade is the real easy launch move for setting people up to mount or trolling people after the monster goes down.

which move is the launcher? i havent done a multiplayer hunt yet

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

which move is the launcher? i havent done a multiplayer hunt yet

Standing still hit triangle or y when you're in ax shape. You do like an upward swing that'll launch dudes.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

How do I join

I think I have to invite you while we’re in the same lobby lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Hopefully members can just invite other members instead of just the Squad founders because if I end up having to do it for everyone myself it’s gonna be a pain in the ***.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im pretty sure you have to since ive beaten the game and all my squad options are greyed out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hopefully members can just invite other members instead of just the Squad founders because if I end up having to do it for everyone myself it’s gonna be a pain in the ***.

they can't

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
ive liked every mission except for the zorah magdaros ones. please, please dont put turrets in my sword games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m still really early on (just killed the Pukei Pukei) but I love this game. I responded to an SOS flare and helped someone take down the Great Jagra and it was super fun to do co-op

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

ive liked every mission except for the zorah magdaros ones. please, please dont put turrets in my sword games

its a honster hunter tradition to have really terrible "boss" one off stages. well, the magdaros stages aren't really one off they keep randomly popping up once you get to high rank as optional quests and his armor has really high fire def so i keep doing it :gonk:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

it was fun loading a cannon with another player once but not for five minutes

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I love this game but hate the Kirin.

Co-op is super fun and I haven't seen any lag on the PS4, even when playing with Americans or Asians. The cat armors are all incredible.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

odogaron is loving terrifying

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I have to invite you while we’re in the same lobby lol.

wots your psn id

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

Some of my most amazing fights have been against odogaron. There is a spot in that area that gets a lot of traffic and any fight in that spot just spirals way the gently caress out off control. It's great.

A odogaron vs radabaan turf war is the sickest thing in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

i gently caress that thing up