Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

If we were not well above capacity I would. Everyone be proud, I uninvited a terrible person the other day. I had given them a chance to show they had changed but they just had another incident proving they were still worthless.

Bit of a relief because I really would show up.

Ronald was on the playland near the street Undamaged. It took 5-6 guys on him swinging back and forth to break him from his base. And his destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Modus Man posted:

lets (poo poo)face it, you down that half gallon and in less than 7 hours you'll wake up with a half eaten brisket in the oven and a bad case of the meat sweats

lol please. first of all, I've only had 2 pints, so another 4 isn't gonna do poo poo.
secondly, I have meat discipline most men can only dream of achieving.

but I really do love the meat sweats. I'll definitely be slicing off a half pound and cracking a runny poached egg over it for breakfast.
If I wake up late then I'll toss it on bread and eat it in the car.

e: yeah I'm getting into the rest of the beer. I've been good all week and my boss is being a loving nitwit. Also we have to pack up our entire office and storage room tomorrow in preparation for the move so it's not like I need sleep anyway.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

everdave posted:

A McDonald’s has burned. They had a playland with a 6+ foot Ronald. I had my moms Camry. 1992 with the 4 cyl. A car that will outlast us all. I had a plan.

A man. A plan. A Camry. Panama!

Wait...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Meat Sweat Chat:

All this meat sweat envy made me go and bust the slow cooker out this morning.

Behold, the slow cooker recipe to best all slow cooker recipes!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Lets take a poll. I've got smoked brisket in the oven... should I just go ahead and crack another half gallon of beer and stay up all night staring into the meaty abyss or actually get some sleep and just check on it in 7 hours?

I've done several briskets and pork shoulders overnight in the smoker. I keep the temp readout on my bedside (with an alarm for over temp and oven over temp), and all was fine. I just top up the water before bed. Only once did I run out of propane but that's my own fault.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im reading The Left Hand of Darkness and it is :coal:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Taking my decrepit Charger in for state inspection. Why does this always feel like I'm going to a sentencing hearing?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The SAS F1 thread melting down about no more grid girls and trying to get women into its poo poo events.....

I feel like trolling them with Michelle Mouton and the fact rallying in general looong made dolly birds feel unwelcome. Let alone women competing at any level

I once did some work for an old fella installing some stereo kit, noticed a photo on the piano of a woman stood next to a rally Saab. Turns out his wife was a rally driver.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno, Thunderdome Loser :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Rhyno, Thunderdome Loser :v:

And now he has to get married. Poor Rhyno. :(

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

kimbo305 posted:

Taking my decrepit Charger in for state inspection. Why does this always feel like I'm going to a sentencing hearing?

I always feel like the guy outside a hospital operating theatre, pacing around, waiting for the doctor to emerge, pull down their mask and break the news to me.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

And now he has to get married. Poor Rhyno. :(

It happens to the best worst of us.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sweet Meat Chat:

I came for free dick

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

Meat Sweat Chat:

All this meat sweat envy made me go and bust the slow cooker out this morning.

Behold, the slow cooker recipe to best all slow cooker recipes!

What, are you now a meat pimp?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

spog posted:

I always feel like the guy outside a hospital operating theatre, pacing around, waiting for the doctor to emerge, pull down their mask and break the news to me.

"You're all set"
"Oh great"
"But you failed"

The cold has put the battery on its last legs and it hasn't been enough driving time for all the OBD monitors to be ready since I last jumped it :(. I thought I'd put a solid 2 hours and 80 mi on it, but computer read only 50.

On the other hand, there weren't the cameras and the inspection bay like I thought they were going to institute, and no mention of the bodge patchwork on the rust hole.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Larrymer posted:

I've done several briskets and pork shoulders overnight in the smoker. I keep the temp readout on my bedside (with an alarm for over temp and oven over temp), and all was fine. I just top up the water before bed. Only once did I run out of propane but that's my own fault.

https://www.lavatools.co/products/carbon-lite

This thing has been a loving godsend.
It's also a total pain in the rear end because if you get too far from it then it disconnects and wipes all the graph data. It breaks my heart when I've managed to keep it connected and have about 8 hours worth of graph data and a timer set and all that only to have it just disappear because I went to plug my phone into the charger.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Putting meat in a slow cooker is a great pastime of American history and all but I declare that the pellet smoker is the crock pot of BBQ and is superior. I will be smoking ribs this weekend because it is the superbowl. I don't care about sports and will not even watch it but you can be certain I will be eating BBQ.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Putting meat in a slow cooker is a great pastime of American history and all but I declare that the pellet smoker is the crock pot of BBQ and is superior. I will be smoking ribs this weekend because it is the superbowl. I don't care about sports and will not even watch it but you can be certain I will be eating BBQ.

Pellet smokers are cheating.

e: technically, wrapping it in foil and putting it in the oven is "cheating" but you know what I mean.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Ok I need to look into this thing.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

https://www.lavatools.co/products/carbon-lite

This thing has been a loving godsend.
It's also a total pain in the rear end because if you get too far from it then it disconnects and wipes all the graph data. It breaks my heart when I've managed to keep it connected and have about 8 hours worth of graph data and a timer set and all that only to have it just disappear because I went to plug my phone into the charger.

I have a wireless one already. No fancy phone app or anything, but works just fine. Signal loss happens with mine too, though.

Adiabatic posted:

Pellet ones are expensive, but sound very good as long as you keep the pellets loaded.

If I could do it again, I'd just get a 40" MES and the amazen pellet tube thing. It's pretty much cheating as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LK2SAYA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3BNVKCA14XMFR&colid=MQI0YX933T5T&psc=1

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

A man. A plan. A Camry. Panama!

Wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfnjcRLBQE

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The SAS F1 thread melting down about no more grid girls and trying to get women into its poo poo events.....

I feel like trolling them with Michelle Mouton and the fact rallying in general looong made dolly birds feel unwelcome. Let alone women competing at any level
My attitude is that if they believe doing a thing actually will go over better with their intended audience and attract more people, it's reasonable for them to do the thing. If they're doing it to placate whingey fun police who wouldn't watch anyway, gently caress that.

I don't watch F1 because I find it boring. Girls in spandex, or a lack thereof, doesn't change that.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Pellet smokers are cheating.

e: technically, wrapping it in foil and putting it in the oven is "cheating" but you know what I mean.

Yes but Smokey Yunnick also was technically "cheating" but we all worship at his feet so :shrug: The name "smokey" and the conversation of BBQ purely coincidental

Adiabatic posted:

Here let me help you: https://www.costco.com/traeger-schedule.html Go buy one of these at Costco when they are on sale. I just got the little one that was $350. In a year and a half I have burned more than 300 pounds worth of pellets through it and have literally fed hundreds of families and friends between family gatherings and neighborhood gatherings.

Larrymer posted:

Pellet ones are expensive, but sound very good as long as you keep the pellets loaded.

If I could do it again, I'd just get a 40" MES and the amazen pellet tube thing. It's pretty much cheating as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LK2SAYA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3BNVKCA14XMFR&colid=MQI0YX933T5T&psc=1

I would do the Traeger all over again. I've used it enough that I know what kind of timing I need to plan for with given kinds of meats and pellets that I am using. Even with my little grill a full hopper of hickory pellets can go between 5-6 hours without needing a top up. Apple wood goes a little quicker but it is easy at this point. The results are bang on every single time.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

My attitude is that if they believe doing a thing actually will go over better with their intended audience and attract more people, it's reasonable for them to do the thing. If they're doing it to placate whingey fun police who wouldn't watch anyway, gently caress that.

I don't watch F1 because I find it boring. Girls in spandex, or a lack thereof, doesn't change that.

wtf are the whingey fun police

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
buy a big green egg and dont gently caress around with something that only smokes

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

The kind of people who complain about someone, somewhere, doing something they don't like, or otherwise generally complain for the sake of it, particularly while not actually having any personal investment or interest in whatever the subject matter is.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

i kNow hoW to uSe my poo poo key.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have meat discipline most men can only dream of achieving.

Sound like a euphemism for "can hold off orgasm as long as desired."

...Dirty mind? Why would you think I have a dirty mind?

spog posted:

Try it with an RX-7 that still has to pass emissions. Thank God i finally became exempt a couple years ago. Then I traded it for the AE86, which is even older, so all good.

kimbo305 posted:

"You're all set"
"Oh great"
"But you failed"

The cold has put the battery on its last legs and it hasn't been enough driving time for all the OBD monitors to be ready since I last jumped it :(. I thought I'd put a solid 2 hours and 80 mi on it, but computer read only 50.

On the other hand, there weren't the cameras and the inspection bay like I thought they were going to institute, and no mention of the bodge patchwork on the rust hole.

Most OBD smartphone apps will look at the monitors and such and basically tell you if it would pass.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fridge corn posted:

The people who whinge about, and don't want anyone to have, any fun, I expect.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
https://bringatrailer.com/2018/02/01/giallo-sprint-1996-maserati-ghibli-gt/

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

The kind of people who complain about someone, somewhere, doing something they don't like, or otherwise generally complain for the sake of it, particularly while not actually having any personal investment or interest in whatever the subject matter is.

sounds like the ultra brexity guy at my work

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People actually give a poo poo about grid girls?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I don't think people actually do, but a certain sector of people are now running with this news and trying to shout "HAHAHA LOOK AT YOU SNOWFLAKES ALL OFFENDED" because they're brain deficient.

Personally I don't give a gently caress about them, but since they add nothing to the sport I'm not exactly sad they're going either.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

The people who whinge about, and don't want anyone to have, any fun, I expect.
Basically.

fridge corn posted:

sounds like the ultra brexity guy at my work
Probably same attitude, but a different flavour of what causes them to start sticking their nose in.

But there's a definite issue, what with our online world nowadays, that you can get together a big old posse of righteous indignation and present a company with a million people all saying "we don't like what you're doing, and you should stop". Which is great in its own way, it's pretty much direct democracy in action, and that kind of feedback loop really helps keep companies and organisations honest.

Trouble is, I think it's a bit of a poo poo thing to do if it's about something you don't actually have an interest in, you just saw it in the paper or whatever and felt like having a go. If that's what's happening with F1, people who don't actually care about the sport but saw a story about them considering ditching the grid girls and decided to stick their oar in, then I don't agree with it. I wouldn't agree with a bunch of people who aren't F1 fans saying they should keep them, either. It's not a sport that bothers me, so I don't really have an opinion on it, other than they should make sure they're making the decision based on the people they're meant to be listening to, their actual and potential customer base.

Rhyno posted:

Seems that way. Can't say it's something I mind seeing, but whether they are or aren't present at an event doesn't bother me much.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, except the issue with the grid girls doesn't really have anything to with formula 1 so it's a bit cheeky to say someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the sport can't have am opinion about it

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Im glad grid girls are gone. Added nothing to the sport and was looooooong just an embarrassment in general. Let alone had nothing to do with motorsport at all.... they are only there to be two legged billboards for some lovely product like to begin with tobacco companies.

Dolly birds were already seen as stupid and unnecessary 25 years ago.... my question is why did it take so long to be finally rid of them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was very impressed by the NAIAS and how most of the women were not eye candy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Im glad grid girls are gone. Added nothing to the sport and was looooooong just an embarrassment in general. Let alone had nothing to do with motorsport at all.... they are only there to be two legged billboards for some lovely product like to begin with tobacco companies.

Dolly birds were already seen as stupid and unnecessary 25 years ago.... my question is why did it take so long to be finally rid of them?

...because (as I had someone argue earlier) they hold the car numbers and sometimes also umbrellas, they're a valuable asset to the sport.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

Yeah, except the issue with the grid girls doesn't really have anything to with formula 1 so it's a bit cheeky to say someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the sport can't have am opinion about it
Of course it has something to do with F1. The entire circus has been about whether they should have them at F1 races. People who don't watch F1 and aren't going to can have whatever opinion they like, but it's the people do and would whose opinion should be listened to. If they don't want them back, then fair enough. If they do, then fair enough. What's it to anyone else?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...because (as I had someone argue earlier) they hold the car numbers and sometimes also umbrellas, they're a valuable asset to the sport.
I really don't understand this. I have a hard time believing that anyone wants them on grounds of anything beyond "because they're hot and I want to see them on the grid", so just bloody say that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

I really don't understand this. I have a hard time believing that anyone wants them on grounds of anything beyond "because they're hot and I want to see them on the grid", so just bloody say that.

"I need mild titillation in order to watch sports"

Dude just scroll through some swimwear photos on your phone whilst watching if it's that much of a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"I need mild titillation in order to watch sports"

Dude just scroll through some swimwear photos on your phone whilst watching if it's that much of a big deal.
Pretty much.

• Locked thread