Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo this is loving excellent

https://youtu.be/HMtI93aK97I

NAB continues to kill it with their footy ad campaigns (despite them being a loving bank) and this is top notch work.

Once again the sponsors of the AFLW do a better job promoting the women's competition than the AFL does.

Speaking of... game day! FOOTY IS BACK FOR 2018 gently caress YES :getin: get your rear end to an aflw match this season it is free and it is classic suburban footy from the 90s. Download the aflw app too.

Remember to fill out the footy tips too or join the competition (see OP)

Linking the ad again because it owns bones https://youtu.be/HMtI93aK97I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adelaide's made 5 changes to the premiership winning side, with Gibson gone to Freo, Anderson delisted because of her shoulder, McCormick fulfilling her Adelaide United contract for the final game of that season, Cramey out with a hamstring, and Holmes out with a knee.

5 debutants come in, Eloise Jones, Ruth Wallace, Jasmyn Hewett, Jess Allan, Rheanne Lugg, with Allan and Jones youngsters at 18, and the others being older. All of them are set to play forward except for Allan, who will rotate between the ruck and forward. Wallace kicked 5 goals in the final intraclub scratch match they played, so coming in with form.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

NAB continues to kill it with their footy ad campaigns (despite them being a loving bank) and this is top notch work.

Once again the sponsors of the AFLW do a better job promoting the women's competition than the AFL does.

Speaking of... game day! FOOTY IS BACK FOR 2018 gently caress YES :getin: get your rear end to an aflw match this season it is free and it is classic suburban footy from the 90s. Download the aflw app too.

That ad is pro click, the era appropriate hairstyles make it

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

cmndstab posted:

Not sure why anyone would choose to broadcast Kane Cornes in any slot irrespective of where he broadcasts from... but I suspect Kane is actually broadcasting from Melbourne. That's where he records the show that gets broadcast here each day (or at least it was last year, haven't tuned in this year to see if it's changed).
He’s been doing a show with Malcolm Blight out of Adelaide and I read that’s where he’s doing the Friday shows from

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s only while Gerard is in the states for the Super Bowl, calm your farm

No mate, it’s every Friday so Gerard can call the footy

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Shmoses posted:

He’s been doing a show with Malcolm Blight out of Adelaide and I read that’s where he’s doing the Friday shows from

Ah, fair enough. Last year he was doing it with Ben Hart and I'm pretty sure it was being recorded in Melbourne.

Kane Cornes and Malcolm Blight, huh? I'm not sure if that will be better or worse to listen to...

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
5 hours to footy!

Can't wait. Match will be broadcast on Channel 7 at 7:30pm, streamed online and on the aflw app (go download it) and will be broadcast by ABC Grandstand and SEN & RSN radio stations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
footyfootyfootyfootyfootyfootyfootyfootyfootyfootyfootyfooty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E4DQcVj0N0

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

Adelaide's made 5 changes to the premiership winning side, with Gibson gone to Freo, Anderson delisted because of her shoulder, McCormick fulfilling her Adelaide United contract for the final game of that season, Cramey out with a hamstring, and Holmes out with a knee.

5 debutants come in, Eloise Jones, Ruth Wallace, Jasmyn Hewett, Jess Allan, Rheanne Lugg, with Allan and Jones youngsters at 18, and the others being older. All of them are set to play forward except for Allan, who will rotate between the ruck and forward. Wallace kicked 5 goals in the final intraclub scratch match they played, so coming in with form.

Jas Hewett looked p. good, albeit couldn't kick for goal, in the preseason friendly.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Tonight we can again start wondering why the gently caress channel 7 doesn't use Jason Bennett for AFL coverage despite him being contracted for AFLW and the VFL.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Some Dees players was KO'd at their training camp on the sunshine coast. They should probably start looking for a safer option for next year. :v:

(I hope the player is ok)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Well, I'll get to see the last quarter of this

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"studs up challenge" :stare:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Was it the angle of the replay or did she just straight kick her in the crotch?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The standard is WAY higher than last season

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Kicked the knees i think. Was reported.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

Kicked the knees i think. Was reported.

No, it was definitely a studs up kick square in the crotch

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh welp

Also post in this thread who bumped the only one?

Whoever wanted to watxh it. Afl.com/womens or whatever and click the watch now banner.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The Chemist Warehouse ad is exactly as poo poo as it was last season tho

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The channel 7 tv show ads are also as vomit inducing as they've ever been

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The video and audio are out of synch and the live bit disappears, but this is ostensibly the report

https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/959367523325001729

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Yeah at first I thought it a rough kick to the knee but it looks like the Carlton defender copped studs to the cooch.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm really missing having a stats site to go along with this, both live like fanfooty and historical like footywire

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

I'm really missing having a stats site to go along with this, both live like fanfooty and historical like footywire

Aflw app has all game stats like the afl app.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
3 goals to 2 still isn’t good enough. I really hope the scorelines improve by themselves.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

3 goals to 2 still isn’t good enough. I really hope the scorelines improve by themselves.

Yeah I’m concerned that the quality of that game will have actively damaged the AFLW brand. I’m worried people will have seen that and will avoid the rest of the games

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The bulldogs player doing commentary is jacked

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Fair or not that score line is just awful. I really want the women’s comp to be successful but at the moment people are going along when it’s free. How long will be people tolerate paying for a game like that though?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I blame the last touch rule for low scores. Changed momentum too often, no real chance to score from throw ins inside 50 etc.

Also ot was loud for the players tonight, harder to communicate which will help for other games.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the crowd was still pretty healthy

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

LOL I tipped Carlton to win by 25 and they won without scoring 25.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

teacup posted:

Fair or not that score line is just awful. I really want the women’s comp to be successful but at the moment people are going along when it’s free. How long will be people tolerate paying for a game like that though?

No goals kicked after half time but how dare they shift coverage to 7Mate!!!!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hoping it's the result of Collingwood just being a bad team, and Carlton either being also bad, or not good enough to avoid being dragged down to that level, and that the other teams will be better.

They were talking about Tayla Harris non-stop on the coverage, but I think I only saw her once in the last quarter and a bit, and she was easily beaten. She gets too much of a good run from the media imo.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That was a huge improvement from rd 1 2017 idk what you are all complaining about

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

Comments disabled for this video. Welp.

Pretty awesome video though.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think most of their ads are disabled because you'd just get people saying gently caress banks.

Anyway...
https://twitter.com/GirlsPlayFooty/status/959372040108044288

Yeah, this. Nice work AFL.

Maybe modify the rule so it only comes into effect in the centre zone of the ground and does not apply when the ball is within either 50m arc.

What would have been scoring opportunities in the pockets became defensive kick ins but from the edge of the oval instead of the goalsquare.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I for one am shocked to learn that the AFL are so staggeringly incompetent that introducing an unwanted rule in order to achieve one outcome has, in the real world, led to the complete opposite

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NTRabbit posted:

They were talking about Tayla Harris non-stop on the coverage, but I think I only saw her once in the last quarter and a bit, and she was easily beaten. She gets too much of a good run from the media imo.

I thought she was the best forward on the ground. Took a couple of decent contested marks, kicked the first goal of the game. 1.1 for the match which is more points than anyone. She was good

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Shmoses posted:

I thought she was the best forward on the ground. Took a couple of decent contested marks, kicked the first goal of the game. 1.1 for the match which is more points than anyone. She was good

Should have been 2.0 except she has the set shot kicking skills of a St Kilda player.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Re AFLW scores: According to AFL Tables, the average score in the 2nd year of the VFL (1898) was 38.

So while it's not great to see such low scoring games, it's not really surprising for a league at this stage of development. The AFL just needs to keep pushing development of the players in order to try to fast track the transition from low scoring to high scoring. Going fully professional would probably be the biggest thing they could do imo.

Of course, instead of doing things like making them fully professional they'll just introduce more stupid rule changes that don't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

I think most of their ads are disabled because you'd just get people saying gently caress banks.

I too would wish this to be true but we both know it wouldnt be.