Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

in retrospect mathman was an accurate michigan grad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

seiferguy posted:

I want to know how you arbitrarily decide that 40 years is the correct number to leave someone in a mental institution.

Criminal justice is an art, not a science

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
One major problem I had with Ragnarok is how Hulk is handled. He... sucked

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I'm about to start watching The Good Place even though I know the end of season twist. Still worth it?

Im going to watch and don't know the spoiler. I am excited! :)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Incroyable

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Intruder posted:

Hulk has never been better than in that movie. He’s an actual character now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

I liked it, and its a lot closer to what Hulk is in the comics. This borrowed a lot from the Planet Hulk series, which is great, but too dark to adopt straight to the screen.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
MCU movies fill that overseas flight niche for me. They're good productions but I just feel none of the hype or attachment

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Master Stur posted:

MCU movies fill that overseas flight niche for me. They're good productions but I just feel none of the hype or attachment

I like them because I'm much more likely to stick with a TV/movie series if there are a ton of details connecting every entry in the series and you (in theory) need to see every entry in order to "get" the series.

Like the only TV shows that I've been really invested in as they've been broadcast are LOST and Game of Thrones. Gotta keep me coming back for each new installment.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Master Stur posted:

That's how I am, but I'll get 3 or 4 movies behind, then watch them all in a weekend or something while mulling around until the big ones (avengers 2, civil war, etc)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I watch em Sunday night hungover.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I split my drat toenail on my big toe in half climbing today fuuuuuuck

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Hey, who wants a cripplingly sad but also inspirational tweet thread? Because man I’ve got a good one

https://twitter.com/alastairmca30/status/958992790028988416

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hey, who wants a cripplingly sad but also inspirational tweet thread? Because man I’ve got a good one

https://twitter.com/alastairmca30/status/958992790028988416

Sometimes I think I'm broke brained because I'll refuse to hang with friends if all they're gonna do is marathon a TV show (I want to do something interactive) but then I read this stuff and feel a bit more justified. *posts on comedy forum*

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

OxySnake posted:

My understanding is that you want to wear shoes that don't squish when you lift heavier weights, and don't elevate your heal (which running shoes do.)

The best cheapest shoes to get are a pair of classic Chuck Taylor's.

Or an old pair if you are you have some lying around

I wear Sambas to lift bc that's what I learned from my brothers. Most Vans have flat soles too

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Master Stur posted:

Sometimes I think I'm broke brained because I'll refuse to hang with friends if all they're gonna do is marathon a TV show (I want to do something interactive) but then I read this stuff and feel a bit more justified. *posts on comedy forum*

Yeah, I am usually the same way. Although my wife and I love watching all the Marvel stuff together because she likes to know more about the characters and such and asks me a millions questions after each show/movie.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i like tennis shoes, like the kind you actually play the sport tennis in, because they tend to not have really pillowy cushioning and they cup your foot really well so it doesnt slide around when you are doing tennislike activities (walking the dog)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I tend to wear my tennis shoes until the tread is completely gone, so I get used to sliding around the court when planting for a shot, and then when I buy new shoes I'm used to having no grip so I almost invariably eat poo poo when suddenly I have tread and am expecting the usual slide of my feet

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

Yeah, I am usually the same way. Although my wife and I love watching all the Marvel stuff together because she likes to know more about the characters and such and asks me a millions questions after each show/movie.

My wife's thing is that every time we watch a movie at home, she immediately pulls it up on IMDB, Wikipedia, etc. and dissects everything that just happened. It never fails.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

C-Euro posted:

My wife's thing is that every time we watch a movie at home, she immediately pulls it up on IMDB, Wikipedia, etc. and dissects everything that just happened. It never fails.

We should talk bc I think I'm dating your wife

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My wife's thing is she insists on watching a movie or TV show, pays zero attention and fucks around on her phone, then after twenty minutes wants me to either rewind to where she stopped paying attention or explain everything that happened from that point

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/lordbeef/status/959191828380631040?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So I guess I'm going to buy these

https://www.amazon.com/LazyOne-Anim...7SZXY1DMSF0JNNK

or somethings similar

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

I liked it, and its a lot closer to what Hulk is in the comics. This borrowed a lot from the Planet Hulk series, which is great, but too dark to adopt straight to the screen.

There's a Planet Hulk cartoon movie that's decent. They swap Silver Surfer's cameo out with Beta Ray Bill, which is kicking rad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/959107879230951424

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I can’t tell if this movie is being played straight or as a joke, but I’m so down for it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

... is that loving johnny mundo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Raku posted:

... is that loving johnny mundo

it is in fact johnny "blaze "nitro "morrison "mundo "impact""""" hennigan

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Johnny Mundo?

quote:

In addition, Nitro was also in a sporadic feud with John Cena throughout the second half of 2006. The feud was unique in that it also later involved non-wrestler Kevin Federline, who appeared on October 16 episode of Raw.[36] Federline was then, in storyline, trained by Nitro for a match with Cena, which he won after interference from Umaga.[37]

There’s a whole lotta information I’d excised from my brain in this paragraph

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

This is :perfect:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

swickles posted:

Ya. I get enough socialization between work and my wife that if my other friend groups don't want to actually do anything just gently caress it. Not even a big bar to hurdle imo- board games, video games, hit up some bars, hit up the trails basically anything that isn't binge watching some series idgaf about. Adult friendships are hard :shrug:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Master Stur posted:

Ya. I get enough socialization between work and my wife that if my other friend groups don't want to actually do anything just gently caress it. Not even a big bar to hurdle imo- board games, video games, hit up some bars, hit up the trails basically anything that isn't binge watching some series idgaf about. Adult friendships are hard :shrug:

I even understand viewing parties for watching shows live. Like one of my friends has a weekly Game of Thrones party when new episodes air, but that makes sense. You get together, eat some food, watch an hour of TV, and then you have a group to talk about it, like a book club. But binge watching poo poo just seems like something I would rather do alone so people don't see my shame of not having moved for 7 hours straight.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If I’m putting seven hours into a show I’m gonna be shoving pizza into my face, wearing my jam jams.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
your SO is the only person it's acceptable to binge watch with because they can't judge you for being a lazy piece of poo poo because they, too, are a lazy piece of poo poo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This reddit is really good right now.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I can't remember in Avengers 2 if Hulk being sent into space was on purpose by Tony and Natasha or not. I know Tony sent him into space in the comics but I feel like Avengers 2 was very forgettable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ahahaha it dropped $500 between when I checked earlier today and now

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jota posted:

I can't remember in Avengers 2 if Hulk being sent into space was on purpose by Tony and Natasha or not. I know Tony sent him into space in the comics but I feel like Avengers 2 was very forgettable.

Nah Ultron took off in a Quinjet and Hulk went after him and tossed Ultron out of the jet. Jet was on autopilot and Hulk made a conscious decision to turn the intercom off so he couldn’t hear Natasha trying to turn him back in to Banner. It was in stealth mode so you don’t see where it goes and it’s never really revealed until Thor 3 that he flew into space and ended up on whatever the planets name is that a lot of the story in Thor 3 takes place.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Be the first on your block to follow the hot new Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/WeWuzBoomers/status/958904397655937024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

these delusional fuckers