Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

And Imaishi is a plain ol' horndog

It's weird because he directed Luluco recently and that was totally chaste and would stand on its own if half of it wasn't based on referencing every other Trigger property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

You think that's bad, just look at early Simpsons:

I feel like a dillweed for even asking, but is TB-3 supposed to be a joke? There's no way that was ever an actual animation style used for The Simpsons, right?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

While LWA keeps fanservice out of the show itself, the same can't be said for the official art. Basically, Trigger will never not be horny for teens even if they keep it under wraps sometimes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shitenshi posted:

I feel like a dillweed for even asking, but is TB-3 supposed to be a joke? There's no way that was ever an actual animation style used for The Simpsons, right?

Can you brain? The answer should be obvious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All of them except the Tracey Ullman style are jokes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waffleman_ posted:

Have you seriously forgotten the season where the Simpsons were autobots

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Something to think about, would the Simpsons be better if that chart was true?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, so you think :shepface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Tfq_bwyLs

Edit: There's also this, though none of these are on the chart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGVaN8FPYw

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 30, 2018

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
all of those are the names of different bassline machines, using the different artstyles as a (shitposty) visual aid for the quality of each-

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
It's just when I look at the Tracey Ullman style and how fugly that was, or even how weird some of the earliest seasons were (Black Smithers still stands out to me, to say nothing of how deadpan and weirdly serious the show's plots could be) in comparison to when the show was in its prime during the mid-90s, I could easily see some of those as an experimental or quirky set of shorts before the show actually became popular.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 30, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Trigger is at least pretty equal-opportunity with the fanservice in KLK. Literally every character in that show gets naked at some point.

Really, come to think of it, it's a show about getting red, mad and nude.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You may see skin of both genders, but there is nothing equal-opportunity about which characters get forcibly stripped and assaulted in KLK.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

And also they're underage because it's anime

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I wish I didn't like the characters of KLK so much because pretty much every other aspect is so very yikes

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

At least we got this out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3rbzlh3JHc

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nerdman42 posted:

I wish I didn't like the characters of KLK so much because pretty much every other aspect is so very yikes

The music is also great though.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Anyone here who remembers this show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfnLa4B-Pbg

Recently watched all the episodes of it, and I still think it's as good as it was when I saw it as a child (and a teenager).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yep. All the time when it aired on Channel 4 over here.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
KLK is a show that dares to ask if humans and clothing can ever truly be friends.

(The answer is no)

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oh no.

https://twitter.com/rejectedjokes/status/959164070862573568

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh man the internets gonna be screeching about that april o neal.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, that's Dewey & Leo. Are there any other cartoon brothers associated with the colour blue that Ben Schwartz can play?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Boomer from the Rowdyruff Boys?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Hihohe posted:

Oh man the internets gonna be screeching about that april o neal.

She was black in the original comics so haahha they're gonna out themselves as fake nerds

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

TMNT has been through so many completely different iterations that all I can do now is shrug when a new one comes along.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

DoctorWhat posted:

She was black in the original comics so haahha they're gonna out themselves as fake nerds

poo poo, I didnt even know this!
Its ME! IM THE FAKE NERD!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Apparently Eastman and Laird couldn't agree what her race was, and Eastman (but not any of the other artists) drew her mixed (like his girlfriend at the time) and sometimes the colorists followed that while other times they didn't.

Still that does count as precedence.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am more annoyed that Raph is now the leader. And I am not a huge fan of the artstyle.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Leonardo for Life!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am more annoyed that Raph is now the leader. And I am not a huge fan of the artstyle.

Just also realized Raph has tonfas instead of sais now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TMNT has needed a shake up and new spin on the old dynamics for ages now.

I'm willing to give it a chance.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zerilan posted:

Just also realized Raph has tonfas instead of sais now.

I assume they did that cause it opens up possibilities for fighting non-robots without showing blood, but then Leo's still using a katana so :iiam:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Pakled posted:

I assume they did that cause it opens up possibilities for fighting non-robots without showing blood, but then Leo's still using a katana so :iiam:

And Mike has the flying goddamn guillotine over there.

Edit: For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmdP1qTjGZY

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 2, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I didn't know the new series was being made in England. Love me some Hero Turtles.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Staff from Voltron and Korra are pitching a Sherlock Holmes inspired cartoon with two lady leads:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325175510/blossom-detective-holmes-the-animated-mini-series

Pilot here:

https://vimeo.com/244645464

It's an extremely small staff it looks like, so nowhere near the same budget as TV

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 2, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Pakled posted:

Why is this so ugly

why is Raph so swole

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

the showrunners for this are Ant Ward (who was a producer, though not showrunner level, on the previous TMNT show) and Andy Suriano (character designer on shows like Samurai Jack, Fairly Odd Parents, and the Mickey Mouse shorts; did storyboards for Symbionic Titan; guy behind those DC Nation Plastic Man shorts).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Maybe it'll be like the new Ducktales and look better in motion?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

raditts posted:

Why is this so ugly

why is Raph so swole

This time around each of the Turtles is a different species, apparently Raphael is a snapping turtle, Leonardo is a red eared slider, Michelangelo is a box turtle, and Donatello is a soft shelled turtle(and thus wears some armor on his back to cover for having less of a shell than his brothers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Off-topic, but I'm watching clips of We Bare Bears in different languages and it amuses me how Panda universally sounds like the biggest goon ever. :allears:

Quest For Glory II posted:

Staff from Voltron and Korra are pitching a Sherlock Holmes inspired cartoon with two lady leads:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325175510/blossom-detective-holmes-the-animated-mini-series

Pilot here:

https://vimeo.com/244645464

It's an extremely small staff it looks like, so nowhere near the same budget as TV

Neat! I like how they worked Holmes smoking from a pipe in the books as Holmes smelling flowers because her sense of smell is so acute that she needs something to clear her nose up.