Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Xenocides posted:

Warcraft 3 has colors but I do not think they were explicitly assigned to factions though the player always uses the same one for each campaign.

They get used as an identity fairly consistently throughout, but colors aren't unique to 1 group if memory serves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

lobster22221 posted:

Was that the case? I thought certain factions were assigned a color.

Black was hard coded for each neutral type(Neutral passive, neutral aggressive, and I think one more?). Individual unit types could have the color overridden.

Sort of but they are not explicitly defined in a manual like they were in 2. When you fight the same parts of a faction though the campaign usually gives them the same color so maybe implicitly defined. I have no idea if the colors are ever reused though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Xenocides posted:

Sort of but they are not explicitly defined in a manual like they were in 2. When you fight the same parts of a faction though the campaign usually gives them the same color so maybe implicitly defined. I have no idea if the colors are ever reused though.

The archer you fight in the undead campaign shares color and not faction with our group in the human campaign.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
While I'm working on the next update, here's something dumb to tide everyone over.

I use a model viewer program to get the unit portraits for the LP, and it has all the talking animations. The knight is so over the top it looks like he's got a mouth full of dip.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Cool Lobot headgear, though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The crazy jaws in the talking animations are one of my favorite bits of this game. The orc grunt swings his around a good bit as well.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

The crazy jaws in the talking animations are one of my favorite bits of this game. The orc grunt swings his around a good bit as well.

Linked because it's almost 6MB, but...

Orc Grunt

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

Linked because it's almost 6MB, but...

Orc Grunt

Note that his teeth appear to be retractable.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Xenocides posted:

The Frostwolf clan participated in the First War but not the Second. Thus, no wolf rider units in Warcraft 2. The spot was filled by Ogres.

Many clans had Wolfriders, not just the Frostwolves. However, Gul'dan convinced Doomhammer that the Raiders had been loyal to Blackhand (whom Doomhammer betrayed and replaced as Warchief) and were plotting against him, so Doomhammer disbanded them.

But yes, all colors had a clan/kingdom name associated with them for both human and orc in Warcraft 2, but not all of them showed up in campaign, and as the BtDP clan names didn't appear outside campaign, the Blue Draenor Orcs' name never appears in-game, but appears in the files as the Flowerpicker clan. In the base game, the yellow color for both factions is simply listed as "Horde traitors" or "Alliance traitors", with neither showing up in the campaign.. Gilneas, the the black human faction also never appears in any of the campaign maps, which fits the lore of Genn Greymane refusing to contribute more than a token force, determined to simply defend his own lands and nothing more.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I think Gilneas appears as enemies in a couple Orc Campaign missions in WC2 but I could be wrong. I haven’t played that game in a long time.

The colors are used as a mechanic in WC2 to introduce game allied factions and multiplayer mostly. Example- in Human Mission 2 you’re blue and must rescue the green Human units who then join you once recruited but you can’t control them till you find them. Later in Mission 8 (I think) you can capture and repurpose some black Orc catapult units. Meanwhile red & black & other color Orcs and orange Humans are trying to kill you.

I’m not sure if this mechanic reappears much in WC3. I haven’t played that game as much as WC2.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 1, 2018

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Warcraft 3 has plenty of ally scenarios - we'll see some in the second human mission, even. It's actually fairly rare for maps past the first one or two per campaign to only have two players in it.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Chapter V - The Defense of Strahnbrad

Hello everyone, welcome back to Warcraft III. Today let's begin the human campaign in earnest. The paragraph under the chapter title mentions that we're being sent to deal with the orcs once and for all. Given that the Horde has completely abandoned Lordaeron by this point, then we can safely assume that these orcs either don't care about Thrall or never received the message to pull out.

Also regarding the map... Strahnbrad is more or less where it sits today. It's a little farther south and west in this game, but the approximate location is good enough. The less said about Brill's location, however, the better.

A nice little touch that I just noticed is that you can see the horses that we rode in on. Look in the upper left corner of the screenshot.

: Welcome, Prince Arthas. The men and I are honored by your presence.
: Can the formalities, Uther. I'm not king yet. It's good to see you.

: Father still hopes your patience and experience might rub off on me.
: It is a father's right to dream, isn't it?
: *laugh*
: Look, here's where we stand. Our scouts have confirmed that there is an orc encampment hidden somewhere over the next ridge.
: As I suspected...

: I need to move against the orcs' base immediately. Can you handle Strahnbrad's defense on your own?
: Of course, Uther. Don't worry about me.
: Good. Meet me at the orc camp once you've saved the village. Be careful, Arthas.

The introduction cutscene did a pretty good job of establishing Arthas and Uther both. Uther is a legendary paladin and hero of the second war, while Arthas is his protégé. Arthas is also the crown prince of Lordaeron, and King Terenas' only son.

Anyway, the first mission of any campaign is to get you used to your main hero and the basic units. In this case, we're playing as Arthas and we have some footmen to help us on our quest.

Being a Paladin, Arthas is a frontline support hero. He carries a fuckoff hammer and all of his abilities are defensive in nature. The first one has has available is Holy Light.

Holy Light: Shortcut - T - Heals any friendly unit by 200/400/600 HP. Damages undead units for 100/200/300 HP.

Even at the first level, it's enough to restore half of a footman's HP, and it only gets better from there. And yes, you read that right, Holy Light can be used offensively against undead units. There'll be a few of those throughout the campaign, so we'll be using this ability fairly often.

Unlike Far Seers which use intelligence as their primary stat, Paladins are strength based heroes. The stat bonuses, as far as I'm aware, are the same across all heroes. The hero's primary stat increases damage dealt, in case you were wondering. So by virtue of being strength based, Arthas here is going to be an absolute tank by the end of the campaign.

Footmen are the basic melee unit for the humans. They have less HP and deal less damage than the grunts, but they're also cheaper to produce.

To start off, let's smash open this crate.

Like random huts, crates occasionally have goodies hidden inside.

Breaking more crates around the camp... this scroll will come in handy later.

One last thing before we set out... this map has two sidequests. So we'll need to keep an eye out as we look around.

: Let's head out and keep our eyes peeled for trouble. We'll check the outlying farms first, they may have seen something.

I'm pretty sure this is the only map in the game where it happens, but if Arthas walks near the townsfolk, they'll talk to him.

: Greetings, friend.
: Good afternoon.

Auspicious. The giant floating exclamation mark can only mean one thing... a sidequest!

: We've heard reports that there's been trouble here recently, and we've come to put a stop to it. Have you seen anything?
: No, milord. But we'll be more than happy to help you in your efforts.

: We'll fight for Lordaeron! Get your swords!

: Welcome aboard.

Completely missing the rest of the area below, we continue along the main path and find an actual sidequest this time.

: Help! Bandits are stealing our belongings!
: Heh. We'll take their coin just like everyone else's!

Bandits in the Warcraft universe have never been the brightest bunch. This group in particular are extremely dumb. It takes a special kind of moron to attack a military squadron, especially one headed by a Paladin.

: 'Ey boss! Sumthin's funny 'bout dese guys! I t'ink dey's tha cops!
: Oh poo poo... run!

: Those bandits stole my ledger...
: We'll get it back for you.

The path off to the southeast is linear, so there's no getting lost on the way to kill Menag.

Being able to save units from dying is the best feature of playing as humans. Each footman you keep healed is saving you gold and time in the long run.

This is the same exact group we fought two minutes ago. You can even see how much health we took off in that initial skirmish.

: 'Ey look, we's real sorry. We won't steal nothin' again.
: Too bad. KILL THEM ALL AND BURN THE CAMP!

A great feature of holy light is that you can target a specific guy to heal with the list of units at the bottom. This saves you trying to find the right guy to click on in the gigantic mess of health bars in the main window.

Killing Menag got Arthas enough experience to level up. So let's see what he gets access to...

Because we're not in the tutorial anymore, we can see everything that Arthas is going to learn across the campaign. Naturally we have Holy Light on the left...

Divine Shield. This ability is incredibly obnoxious when you're fighting CPU controlled Paladins, but it is also just as powerful as it sounds. It offers 15/30/45 seconds of complete invulnerability, and unlike in WoW, Arthas is free to attack while the shield is up.

Devotion Aura. Every friendly unit in a radius around the Paladin gets a flat armor increase. At the first rank, it works out to roughly ~8.25% more damage reduction, and at max rank it's ~21.25% more damage reduction on top of whatever armor the unit already has. So yeah, that's just the tiniest bit broken.

And his ultimate ability, Resurrection. I've never had very much cause to use this in the campaign, but that's the sort of ability that can completely turn the tide of battle.

For what it's worth, I take Devotion Aura here. Whenever a hero unit has an aura ability, I'm gonna spring for those first.

: The bandits are dead, and we've recovered your ledger.
: Thank you for helping me, please take this item.

That flash means he gave us a tome that we just instantly used. For what it's worth, that was a tome of strength.

Back around to the outlying farms, tucked in one of the corners, we find the other sidequest...

: Please, you're my only hope! A group of gnolls kidnapped my little Timmy and took him to their hideout in the forest. Could you find him and bring him home?

Those gnolls are either very bold or very desperate to raid a farmhouse for a small child to eat.

Anyway, it's another linear path to the gnoll camp.

: Help! Help me, please. I'm trapped in the cage.

Of the two sidequests, this is the much easier one. Three gnolls is no problem to our group of hardened footmen.

: Please get me out of here. I want to go home.

: Oh, thanks so much! I have a reward for you.

Fun fact, this woman is the same voice actress as Charsi from Diablo II. She even says "thanks so much" in the same tone. Be sure to check it out in the highlights video!

Welp, Arthas is now even more of a tank than he was before. The longer the campaign goes on, the more damage he'll be able to shrug off. Anyway, we're finally done messing around. So back to the bridge!

: Save us!
: He's escaping! Kill him!
: drat! The attack has already begun! To arms, my brothers!

You can zoom in on the fights a little bit, but the act of doing so is really sluggish, and it can be very hard to get a good shot this way. But when things line up just right, it does look nice.

Once you enter the village, there's orcs everywhere. So this quickly turns into a massive brawl across most of its length.

Stepping outside for just a moment, a little southwest of the village is the only secret on the map. If you come here at night, the ghosts of any townsfolk that have died will appear here. It's not worth waiting around to show off, but it's kinda neat all the same.

Anyway, back in town and on the north edge of the square, we can find another couple grunts wreaking havoc.

Not really sure what they're attacking here, but more power to them I guess. The second one, by the way, is the rightmost healthbar.

In the southwest part of the village, we can find the remnants of Strahnbrad's militia attacking some grunts.

: Reinforcements! Thank the Light... I thought we were done for.

: I can hear orc voices to the north! Let's drive them out of here for good, men!

: Haul these wretches off with the rest of them!

The orc leads the surviving villagers out into the wilderness.

: Foul orc! Where are the villagers?
: You're too late human! They're already on their way to be sacrificed.
: Dammit! KILL THEM ALL!

Told you we'd be using that scroll later. Now it's just a matter of mopping up these few remaining orcs...

: Great work, men! But we're not done yet. We have to save those townsfolk!
: That's right! We can't just leave them to the orcs! We're with you, Prince Arthas!

: But what about the others who were taken away?
: Don't worry, son. We'll find them and bring them home safe.

: Prince Arthas, Lord Uther needs you at the orc encampment immediately!
: Never a dull moment... Let's get moving!

Stats screen for whatever that's worth. Does anyone care about the numbers in these?

NEXT TIME: Blackrock and Roll

Highlight Reel

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 2, 2018

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Highlights video will come in a little bit. I had it all ready to go when my encoder hosed up. So now I have to redo it from scratch.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
There's a very different reason why these orcs aren't following Thrall, if you note their skin color...

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I always wondered if the "slave master" was using a model for some scrapped unit, as IIRC it never comes up anywhere else

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Little Timmy, the birth of a legend.

achtungnight posted:

I think Gilneas appears as enemies in a couple Orc Campaign missions in WC2 but I could be wrong. I haven’t played that game in a long time.
Gilneas never shows up once in the campaigns across either game. It's the only faction to never appear at all.

darealkooky posted:

I always wondered if the "slave master" was using a model for some scrapped unit, as IIRC it never comes up anywhere else

I was supposed to be for some old hero unit that got cut.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Interestingly enough, the slave master is not in the campaign list of orc units inside the world editor, it is a custom unit defined for that specific map. Along side some more spoilery names, one unit in the editor that used the model is called the orc warchief. Warlord is used as part of it's model file name. There are one or two defined units with the same model.

Some campaign units have listings in the object editor while others don't. I think all campaign specific buildings do, as well as most campaign heroes, but individual units might be a crapshoot.

McTimmy posted:

I was supposed to be for some old hero unit that got cut.

Seems likely the mission was developed early, and when they removed the hero the replaced him with a map specific unit then.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 2, 2018

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
So, a few things...

Arthas is really likeable in his first appearance, and I think he's the best part of WC3 and its expansion. He's self-deprecating, fearless, and for all that he's the crown prince, he's not a pompous bastard who seems to truly care for his people.

No spoilers, not even under tags, but you listen to his voice and voice acting as the campaign, and yes, even the game progresses. His voice actor is Justin Gross, and I don't think he's appeared in anything that I recognize, but he is fantastic.

Line time!

Ready lines are used by units when they're produced.

What lines are used when they're initially selected.

Yes lines are used when they're given a move order.

Attack lines are used when they're given an attack order.

Warcry is used randomly for Attack when attacking hero characters. (Thanks to Drakenel for the correction)

Pissed is what you get when you keep clicking a unit and it exhausts the What lines.

The Footman:

Ready
  • Ready for action.

What
  • Orders?
  • What do you need?
  • Yes, my liege?
  • Say the word.

Yes
  • Aye, my lord.
  • On my way!
  • Right.
  • Of course.

Attack
  • Let me at them!
  • Attack!
  • To arms!

Warcry
  • For Lordaeron!

Pissed
  • Don't ask, don't tell. (US military, prior to Trumpikins)
  • Grab your sword and fight the Horde. (A play on the World War I recruitment slogan, "Grab your gun and fight the Hun!")
  • Uncle Lothar wants YOU. (A play on the US Military recruitment slogan "Uncle Sam wants YOU" and a reference to Anduin Lothar.)
  • 'Tis only a flesh wound! (A reference to The Black Knight from Monty Python.)

Prince Arthas:

What
  • The Light is my strength.
  • Is there danger?
  • I stand for the Light.
  • I'm here to help.
  • Justice shall be done.

Yes
  • Of course.
  • Certainly.
  • A sound plan.
  • For honor.

Attack
  • Foul knave!
  • Betrayer of the Light!
  • You are past redemption!
  • For my father the King!
  • Feel my wrath!
  • Justice has come!

Warcry
  • For Lordaeron!

Pissed
  • It isn't easy being a prince.
  • I will bring honor to my father and my kingdom.
  • Light, guide my path.
  • Light, give me strength.
  • I should be in command.
  • I know what I'm doing.
  • There's no need to bow.

painedforever fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 2, 2018

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
god drat it I can hear every single voice line in my head as I read them

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gV_TUyKlA8

Have a highlight video, fresh off the presses!

These are excellent! I've added a link to the OP in the second post.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Time for more music tracks as well, this time with the first two Human themes! I like the Orc ones a bit better, but these are quite both quite nice.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
One thing, the warcry isn't a random thing in place of yes commands. It's specifically used when instructing a unit to attack an enemy hero unit. Mixed in with normal attack commands, that is. Some of the human warcries are pretty good. (Footman is one of them)

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I've got a canadian war3 box from back in the day and it has both the Orc Warlord listed as a hero but also still has catapults manned by peons. I think it's more or less a leftover from when war3 was going to pretty much be a single unit focused rpg/light rts. I was flat obsessed when the game was coming out and just devoured everything about it and I was happy to see the ancient screenshots on the box.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

DoubleNegative posted:

These are excellent! I've added a link to the OP in the second post.

I'm helping! :D

Drakenel posted:

One thing, the warcry isn't a random thing in place of yes commands. It's specifically used when instructing a unit to attack an enemy hero unit. Mixed in with normal attack commands, that is. Some of the human warcries are pretty good. (Footman is one of them)

Fixed!

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theshim posted:

god drat it I can hear every single voice line in my head as I read them

I haven't even played WC3 that much. I think I've played the campaign three times. Twice I stopped at the second chapter, and once at the third, but I can hear all those voices as well.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

BlazetheInferno posted:

Many clans had Wolfriders, not just the Frostwolves. However, Gul'dan convinced Doomhammer that the Raiders had been loyal to Blackhand (whom Doomhammer betrayed and replaced as Warchief) and were plotting against him, so Doomhammer disbanded them.

But yes, all colors had a clan/kingdom name associated with them for both human and orc in Warcraft 2, but not all of them showed up in campaign, and as the BtDP clan names didn't appear outside campaign, the Blue Draenor Orcs' name never appears in-game, but appears in the files as the Flowerpicker clan. In the base game, the yellow color for both factions is simply listed as "Horde traitors" or "Alliance traitors", with neither showing up in the campaign.. Gilneas, the the black human faction also never appears in any of the campaign maps, which fits the lore of Genn Greymane refusing to contribute more than a token force, determined to simply defend his own lands and nothing more.

Oops, you are right. Forgot that the Warcraft 2 manual had that tidbit about wolf riders. I thought it was retconned in later to explain it after they put Thrall in the adventure game.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 2, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I must have been really mixed up about Gilneas. :(

I agree Arthas is very likeable for the most part at the start. Later... no spoilers. :)

Thanks for the character lines. I still prefer those from Warcraft 2 as the funniest personally. Human Footman Pissed Lines from that game include "Join the Army, they said", "See the world, they said" and "I'd rather be sailing." I was disappointed sea and air units didn't make it back for WC3. I've never played World of Warcraft, but I hope they're present in that game somehow.

Regarding Wolfriders, I liked them in Warcraft 1- Classic Orc Cavalry! In WC2, I missed them, but Ogres were a funny replacement thanks to the comedy of their two heads- "We're ready Master, I'm not ready", "FART! He did it! No, he did it!... We did it!", etc. I also liked their Bloodlust ability, except when I was playing Humans. Can't remember how and if Wolfriders or Ogres feature in WC3, I trust I'll be reminded as the LP progresses.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Slaver was originally intended to be a hero (or at least an elite troop) from a cut faction.

If I remember correctly, between the base game and expansion, there were supposed to be at least two more fully playable factions than the original four, but each wound up being cut late in development. Does anyone know what I’m talking about, or did I somehow spin this out of nothing?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
The LP's looking pretty great so far, kinda reminds me of Azzur's Warcraft 1 and 2 LP's. Shame they never got past 2, but, ah, well.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

If I remember correctly, between the base game and expansion, there were supposed to be at least two more fully playable factions than the original four, but each wound up being cut late in development. Does anyone know what I’m talking about, or did I somehow spin this out of nothing?

Pretty sure this is true. This game would have had a demon faction that was cut early on, and the expansion got half way toward introducing a naga one but didn't follow through.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Devotion aura isn't THAT amazing. Sure it's nice and all but divine shield will let you skip a later mission completely. Also if you take it as the second skill in multiplayer people will make fun of you for making such an suboptimal choice, and then effortlessly kill your hero so he can't heal anything. :v:

achtungnight posted:

I was disappointed sea and air units didn't make it back for WC3.
Oh air units made it in alright, still grossly overpowered.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Poil posted:

Oh air units made it in alright, still grossly overpowered.

Guess I forgot. It has been a long time since I played this game. Maybe I didn't get that far. Memory is fuzzy. Ah well.

I too regret Azzur's Warcraft LPs were cut short. My only bigger disappointment regarding an SA LP comes from Xenocides's aborted Gold Box D&D thread. If either of those gamers ever wants to try again, I would love to see what happens. :D I also of course have good hopes for this LP's success.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Poil posted:

Devotion aura isn't THAT amazing. Sure it's nice and all but divine shield will let you skip a later mission completely. Also if you take it as the second skill in multiplayer people will make fun of you for making such an suboptimal choice, and then effortlessly kill your hero so he can't heal anything. :v:

On the other hand, when playing against the computer popping a Divine Shield makes absolutely all enemy units instantly drop aggro and switch to hitting your squishier, non-regenerating units.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 2, 2018

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Aumanor posted:

On the other hand, when playing against the computer popping a Divine Shield makes absolutely all enemy units instantly drop aggro and switch to hitting your squishier, non-regenerating units.

This. We get enough levels to pick up divine shield later. But at this point in the campaign, devotion aura is simply the much better choice.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

achtungnight posted:

Guess I forgot. It has been a long time since I played this game. Maybe I didn't get that far. Memory is fuzzy. Ah well.

I too regret Azzur's Warcraft LPs were cut short. My only bigger disappointment regarding an SA LP comes from Xenocides's aborted Gold Box D&D thread. If either of those gamers ever wants to try again, I would love to see what happens. :D I also of course have good hopes for this LP's success.

I do need to do another RPG LP.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

NewMars posted:

The LP's looking pretty great so far, kinda reminds me of Azzur's Warcraft 1 and 2 LP's. Shame they never got past 2, but, ah, well.

I'm thinking of getting plat just to gain access to his WC2 LP. Dunno why only his first one got up on lparchive.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Either he never submitted the second one or it ran into problems due to multiple threads and not finishing the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Still a great LP.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Regalingualius posted:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Slaver was originally intended to be a hero (or at least an elite troop) from a cut faction.

It was a scrapped Orc hero unit, probably replaced by the Tauren Chieftain. It showed up in some early promo material along with the Blademaster, from what I remember.

edit: Very early material.

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 2, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Walrus Pete posted:

It was a scrapped Orc hero unit, probably replaced by the Tauren Chieftain. It showed up in some early promo material along with the Blademaster, from what I remember.

edit: Very early material.

Looks like they also removed some pretty cool enviormental things too. I'm digging the lights and crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Pretty much every villager NPC in that mission has a unique name, if you click on them.

Loving the LP so far!

• Locked thread