Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The pick-up basketball thread is dead so I figure I'll tell you guys that I rolled my ankle last night playing ball :(. I've lost 20 pounds this month by eating right and running/playing basketball a ton, and now I'm worried that I will get fat again because I won't be able to run for 2 weeks or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

Okc has never done anything wrong though so why you say this

I think they ran this same play last night to get the Westbrook 2 with ~30 left:
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/956005511413067778
PG inbounds it then shoulder charges whoever's following Westbrook. He picked up two people with it vs. DEN last night

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Here is an edit of every Denver goaltend. There must be a better way to spend my time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2lggrfyFw

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

RCarr posted:

The pick-up basketball thread is dead so I figure I'll tell you guys that I rolled my ankle last night playing ball :(. I've lost 20 pounds this month by eating right and running/playing basketball a ton, and now I'm worried that I will get fat again because I won't be able to run for 2 weeks or so.

Cut back on consumption. A big problem people have is they get used to eating to fuel a 4,000 calorie a day activity level and get fat when they keep eating that and only burning 1500. Calorie count like a suburban housewife my friend.

Also rolled ankle means you can still do weights. Strengthening my back made a huge difference in playing ball for me, especially as I got older.

That's body shaping advice for this week from Lockback.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lockback posted:

Cut back on consumption. A big problem people have is they get used to eating to fuel a 4,000 calorie a day activity level and get fat when they keep eating that and only burning 1500. Calorie count like a suburban housewife my friend.

Also rolled ankle means you can still do weights. Strengthening my back made a huge difference in playing ball for me, especially as I got older.

That's body shaping advice for this week from Lockback.

Good points. I have been eating extremely well, and counting calories. For example, yesterday I consumed 1,000 calories(obviously I do eat more on some days), I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, lifted weights for a half hour, and then at night I played basketball for about an hour and a half before I got hurt. I just have to focus on not sitting around and eating comfort foods now that I can't do any cardio. I'll do my best to still get to the gym and lift weights.

It just lovely because the weight has been absolutely falling off, and it sucks to hit a setback.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 2, 2018

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

RCarr posted:

Good points. I have been eating extremely well, and counting calories. For example, yesterday I consumed 1,000 calories(obviously I do eat more on some days), I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, lifted weights for a half hour, and then at night I played basketball for about an hour and a half before I got hurt. I just have to focus on not sitting around and eating comfort foods now that I can't do any cardio. I'll do my best to still get to the gym and lift weights.

It just lovely because the weight has been absolutely falling off, and it sucks to hit a setback.

How bad was the roll? I rolled mine sometime this past spring and it took maybe a week before I was able to at least put in the weight lifting again and maybe about 3 or 4 weeks till I felt ok playing ball again, albeit very cautiously. Your routine may have to change, but it doesn't mean you have to drop it altogether.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

How bad was the roll? I rolled mine sometime this past spring and it took maybe a week before I was able to at least put in the weight lifting again and maybe about 3 or 4 weeks till I felt ok playing ball again, albeit very cautiously. Your routine may have to change, but it doesn't mean you have to drop it altogether.

I've had all kinds of ankle rolls, from a slight tweak where you can tape it and keep playing, to a devastating tear of all 3 ligaments where my entire foot (ankle to toes) turned black from blood pooling under the skin, and having to be on crutches for weeks. This one is on the lighter side. I'd guess a week before I can walk without pain, and probably 2 weeks before I can consider playing ball again. I'll certainly be able to to some upper body workouts, and maybe some core stuff pretty much immediately.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dokmo posted:

Here is an edit of every Denver goaltend. There must be a better way to spend my time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2lggrfyFw

Do you have access to some crazy advanced metrics site or do you use the same one I use that you can get from a google?

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Kibner posted:

I love the goofy big man. Sadly, the only person whose passes he could reliably catch and finish on were that fucker Eric Gordon's.

There should be some sort of inverse to the hanging of a jersey in the rafters ceremony so New Orleans fans can finally come to peace with their Eric Gordon experience. Maybe bury his jersey under the stadium??

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Sheriff posted:

There should be some sort of inverse to the hanging of a jersey in the rafters ceremony so New Orleans fans can finally come to peace with their Eric Gordon experience. Maybe bury his jersey under the stadium??

For me, personally, I will be eternally happy if he is traded off a team that later wins the Finals. Especially if that Finals Winning Team includes Chris Paul as a major piece.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/959477778428162048

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Not even mad.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

watch this become another Kings pick that never conveys for the Bulls

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

So basically it will convey for this upcoming draft. I guess you now have two teams to tankwatch

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/959483486955560960

Lame

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope Hayward comes back too for excellent cap shenanigans

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm assuming it's because the Celtics offered the most money.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Tae posted:

Yep

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/959484030201794560

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Darn. Oh well. Not totally unexpected, though.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Excellent

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can't wait for media stories about how Monroe has been revitalized and is now good and part of a new paradigm

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

ah heck he'll be great there

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

For all the talk of using the regular season with the Pelicans to drum up his free agent value, having a good playoff run is loving catnip to bad GMs. He could play himself into some Troy Hudson money

And Brad Stevens will unlock even more of that earning potential

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good bye Boston white center . I never bothered to learn your name .

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
^ Yeah he's a pretty huge upgrade from Theis/Baynes

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
lol

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/959490327101956096

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

I've had all kinds of ankle rolls, from a slight tweak where you can tape it and keep playing, to a devastating tear of all 3 ligaments where my entire foot (ankle to toes) turned black from blood pooling under the skin, and having to be on crutches for weeks. This one is on the lighter side. I'd guess a week before I can walk without pain, and probably 2 weeks before I can consider playing ball again. I'll certainly be able to to some upper body workouts, and maybe some core stuff pretty much immediately.
Nick, is that you? :ohdear:

Injuries suck, dude, especially ones that make walking awful. There are weight machines that work your lower body without straining your ankle, just gotta be creative.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Greg will be pretty good in Boston, good for him. I will be cutting him in fantasy but good for him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

I hope Hayward comes back too for excellent cap shenanigans

He was great when Phoenix let him play so I expect it to continue.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

For some reason, Greg Monroe just seems like an extremely Celtics player.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Remember Stiemsma fever??

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

For some reason, Greg Monroe just seems like an extremely Celtics player.
Rude.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

He was great when Phoenix let him play so I expect it to continue.

He put up good numbers but the Suns lost almost every single game that he played. 3-17 vs 10-7 when he didn't. He was horrible on defense. I haven't watched him enough to know if that's the norm or if he just didn't care here.

Either way the Celtics obviously have a better roster and coaching so I'm sure it'll work out.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

This is an easy PR move but it still rules

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/959498429230596097

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They're prolly the ones that stole it in the first place
Classic KD yearning to be loved

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That lady is the ultimate halftime show entertainment for basketball I imagine it'd be disastrous if she took her talents to the NHL

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

They're prolly the ones that stole it in the first place
Classic KD yearning to be loved

KD wanted to sniff the seat.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

quote:

Red Panda’s act entails sitting on a unicycle while resting a stack of bowls on her right foot. She then flips the bowls with her foot onto her head.

Lebron James is a man who can pass a basketball at other players and sometimes throw a basketball at a hoop. The basketball then frequently goes in the hoop.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lockback posted:

Lebron James is a man who can pass a basketball at other players and sometimes throw a basketball at a hoop. The basketball then frequently goes in the hoop.

This reads like NPR's sports reporting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
25k for a unicycle??

• Locked thread