Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This loving "room" right here was a pain in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/CoolTornAlbertosaurus

it finally happened... i made a game where you don't have to play as the dragon. (but you can).

I feel like the animations are missing a frame, are they just unfinished?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
idk maybe? the capture software is kinda crappy but the frames that are there are what are there. i could put in more but that would be too slow and tweening is out of the question, because tweening gives me uncanny valley unease

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm strangely excited for the Discovery Tour patch for AC:O that's coming this month. It wil add the possibility to play the game combat-free from a purely historical perspective where you're taken on live tourist tours around the gameworld. There will be 75 different tours created by experts and 25 historical figures will join you as NPC guides talking about Egypt, Rome, Alexandria and everyday life during the game's time period.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Palpek posted:

There will be 75 different tours created by experts and 25 historical figures will join you as NPC guides talking about Egypt, Rome, Alexandria and everyday life during the game's time period.

So prescient
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1_bp8YKUPU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I got my Pro in September, and I was actually tempted to try Knack to see why it is so universally hated. So I can actually appreciate having Knack in PS+ this month.

It will be the second game of my PS+ collection I actually play. The first was Infamous SS which I platted.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hopper posted:

I got my Pro in September, and I was actually tempted to try Knack to see why it is so universally hated. So I can actually appreciate having Knack in PS+ this month.

It will be the second game of my PS+ collection I actually play. The first was Infamous SS which I platted.

There is nothing to see, it’s just boring

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When you play Knack and open chests, you get a randomly selected item, or you can choose an item that one of your PSN friends got from the chest instead.

I love that the game has a built-in way of telling you who else of your friends has played Knack

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Knack 3 when?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Palpek posted:

I'm strangely excited for the Discovery Tour patch for AC:O that's coming this month. It wil add the possibility to play the game combat-free from a purely historical perspective where you're taken on live tourist tours around the gameworld. There will be 75 different tours created by experts and 25 historical figures will join you as NPC guides talking about Egypt, Rome, Alexandria and everyday life during the game's time period.

Yeah, I heard about this and it really really sounds cool as heck. The only bummer is that I'll have to buy an AssCreed game to get in on this, they probably won't sell it separately. And that also means having that messed up Denuvo DRM setup they've got going, which I was really looking forward to not supporting with my money. Oh well.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Skylar & Plux was surprisingly decent for being a Ratchet & Clank knockoff, main issue is it's extremely short (like 2 hours)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apparently the new FFXII locks you into a job, which is fine, but later you get to pick a second class for each of your guys? How does that work?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

Apparently the new FFXII locks you into a job, which is fine, but later you get to pick a second class for each of your guys? How does that work?

there's a (optional?) boss you beat part way through the game that unlocks the second class

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

You get excited that it might change up combat for a second but then go back to auto attacking everything to death.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds like someone didn’t set up their gambits right

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Or set them too well

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Too well fortunately since that saved me from having to deal with the slow laggy combat menu.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I used to think FF12 was good but the HD remake has proven to me it's bad

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Palpek posted:

Knack 3 when?

knacks of 3 leave them be...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've been bouncing between Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest 8 to prepare myself for playing FF 15/DQ 11 but I've discovered I extremely dont have the time for that

So help me pick one please!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dragon quest has the same initials as dairy queen, a fast food chain i have never been to in my life, so play that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it also has the same initials of don quixote, the Man of la Mancha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I've been bouncing between Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest 8 to prepare myself for playing FF 15/DQ 11 but I've discovered I extremely dont have the time for that

DQVIII is way better and much longer so maybe focus on X depending on how far in you are

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
DQ8

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

big knack looks like a ganondorf from a yarn yoshi style zelda

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dear God

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The next Knack will be called Knack 4 because it will have 4 player couch co-op.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Expect My Mom posted:

X is the best FF and all DQ games are boring so that

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Expect My Mom posted:

Definitely DQ8

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

Trails games

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zaggitz posted:

Definitely DQ8

Basically there are three DQ games that I think newcomers to the series are best suited to play, and that's DQ4, 5 and 8. DQ8 was designed to try and bring in a Western audience and they included voice acting and put a lot of effort into the game's presentation. DQ8 was a landmark, enormously sprawling sort of adventure when it launched, innovating the series in a lot of ways while retaining its core systems. The character development system it uses is really good -- it matters *a lot* which weapon skills you put points into, and you have a variety of different ways you can build your characters.

The final boss is also probably one of the better ones.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
DQ9 was the first dq game I played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every dq game is lovely. Except X

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DQX is the one I want to play most of all though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i couldve sworn there were way more than 10 dairy queens

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

homeless snail posted:

DQX is the one I want to play most of all though

I want to play DQ11 the most... and there's still no release date :eng99:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DQ4 is such a good game. I played the DS remake and got both endings and I loved every bit of it and the extra effort they went through for the second ending stuff.

Plus, without DQ4 we wouldn't have any of the _____ Mystery Dungeon games.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm done with Prey. It's just so incredibly bland and soulless. Life is too short and I have other stuff to play.

Was playing it about an hour ago, paused the game to answer a phone call and when I came back and unpaused it I realized I just didn't want to play it any more so I uninstalled it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm done with Prey. It's just so incredibly bland and soulless. Life is too short and I have other stuff to play.

I can't really fathom this attitude, Prey seems bursting with "soul" as it were. What did you find so bland about it? It's probably the most cohesive attempt at a System Shock game since, well, System Shock -- it's basically Bioshock but way better. I mean, the opening sequence in and of itself is just such a cool little mind twist scenario.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 2, 2018

• Locked thread