Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I felt like Milk should've switched with Kennedy in the bottom three. Milk's Celine was awful and runway was very meh. Kennedy had a tough part and did alright, her runway was pretty cool. Very ready for Milk to go home. Villain edit, sure, but she's being super arrogant and also underperforming.

I also would've put Aja in the top three and Bebe as safe. Bebe was solid but not really a standout for me while I thought Aja's performance was really good and her runway great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Thorgy did a great job of reminding me why I wanted her to go home, then went home. That makes it a good episode right here.

I felt like there was no way Bendela didn't just intentionally throw that lip sync so she didn't have to make the decision, and also to probably not paint a huge target on her back by winning the first two shows. Not bad as strategy goes, and at least she did it in a way that was still very entertaining.

Shangela continues to impress me, I have to say.

And yeah Milk can just gently caress off. That Celine was so goddamn bad I had to go back and remind myself who it was even supposed to be, and then she's complaining about the top three, like she should have even remotely been in there? I was lukewarm on Milk (lol) but now I'm just kinda done.

Oh yeah, Bendela's rappin' Julie Andrews was a work of art.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 2, 2018

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Thorgy might have the most toxic and petty personality/edit of any queen I can recall. Is that the bitchiest lipstick mirror message ever?

I agree that BenDeLa's Julie Andrews was fantastic. I think her real strength is in being able to ham it the gently caress up and be super expressive and theatrical, kind of like her Seattle sister Jinkx. All the other girls basically just had to impersonate their diva, Ben had to channel Julie Andrews but also she's rapping and being dirty. I could be biased because Mary Poppins and Sound of Music are two of my absolute favorite films from childhood.

I originally had Milk picked for top four but she's been super underwhelming and obnoxious. I'm rooting for Shangela, Trixie, Bebe, and BenDeLa for top four.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
I would like to thank Thorgy for giving us possibly the greatest reaction to being eliminated. No grace, no humility, just "oh, jesus. gross."

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Speed Crazy posted:

I would like to thank Thorgy for giving us possibly the greatest reaction to being eliminated. No grace, no humility, just "oh, jesus. gross."

Suck it, ShangeLLa.

8======D~~

edit: also I'm pretty certain the queens were asked for their top several diva picks before the competition, they all brought outfits for it. So there's really no excuse for Thorgy and Milk to be so awful when they basically had their pick of diva going in and should have prepared.

Next episode's gotta be Snatch Game, right?

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 2, 2018

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Pellisworth posted:

Suck it, ShangeLLa.

8======D~~
8======D ---- ('cause it's going that way) >

I never personally cared for Thorgy's shtick but I can't help but wonder if sometimes there's some things being cut out. Like maybe there was a "I'm just kidding" part of that weird and petty mirror message. Like she is super petty and her attitude stinks but I can't help but think that the message wasn't as serious as it came off.
But thank god she's gone. If all is right in this world Milk will go too.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pellisworth posted:

I'm rooting for Shangela, Trixie, Bebe, and BenDeLa for top four.

Yeah, I'd be pretty darn happy with that.

Although Trixie has been pretty far in the background this season compared to what I'd expect from her. She's there, she's doing well, and I'm always happy to see her on screen, but she's just coming off as unusually reserved.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

I saw Thorgy going home not even halfway through the show last night, and was pretty certain Kennedy would be on the bottom after seeing her Janet Jackson performance, her lipsync was kind of off and I think the choreography may have messed with that. She seemed more focused on trying to get the moves down and was just all over the place.

Thorgy's attitude was just pretty bad all around, and she could have done more with the Stevie Nicks costume, instead of looking like she shopped out of a dead granny's closet and Goodwill. Overall, I think Shangela is going to be Thorgy's new "Bob" this season.

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

I hope we're still friends after I taser you.

Pellisworth posted:

Is that the bitchiest lipstick mirror message ever?

I don’t think it beats Raven’s message for Tyra but it’s pretty drat close. I wish the Thorgy we saw in the two minutes after her elimination had been around more during the rest of the episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pellisworth posted:

Suck it, ShangeLLa.

8======D~~

edit: also I'm pretty certain the queens were asked for their top several diva picks before the competition, they all brought outfits for it. So there's really no excuse for Thorgy and Milk to be so awful when they basically had their pick of diva going in and should have prepared.

They all brought outfits for it because they're given a list beforehand. They don't know the challenges, but they're told several outfits to bring (some of which don't get used) every season.

Thoughts about the episode:

Ben and Shangie are loving killing it. Unless one of them bombs badly in coming episodes, I think they're a lock for top two. The third spot is likely to be Trixie, but if she doesn't start standing out soon I could see her going home fourth or fifth tbh. I love Trixie to pieces and would be super happy to see her win, but I still don't know if she's the right fit for the competition itself of Drag Race. She's definitely doing better than she did on her season, though, and I have hope she'll start to shine once we get some comedy challenges going.

Aja I could see making top 3 easier than Trixie at this point in the season, which is something I never thought I would ever say. She's grown so much more than I expected in such a short time. But she's always been an amazing performer, so really her looks were what needed to improve the most. I'm interested to see how she'll handle an acting challenge this time around, I can see that being her downfall. But I think she's going to make it far. That Winehouse performance was great. Those hosed up teeth were on point.

Chi Chi's Patti was loving incredible and I'm sad she didn't make top 3. Her runway really was basic af tho. She's a lot like Aja in that she's an incredible performer, but her looks needed work on her season and so far this season they still need work. I would have expected her to improve more since her season. Hoping she pulls a dope-rear end runway out of her bag soon, because otherwise I think she could be in danger.

Trixie was incredible. I loved her Dolly, and her ugly dress rudemption was great. But she didn't stand out like some of the other girls and I think she could have served to ham up Dolly a bit more. The Dolly was great in that it was accurate and funny the way Parton herself is funny, but I think she could have and should have amped it up a little more. Super good performance at any rate.

Thorgy's runway as meh, and while her Stevie Nicks outfit was on point I agree her makeup was too 'Thorgy'. Plus her performance was so boring. I don't think it's a Katya as Princess Di situation at all-- you can definitely make Stevie Nicks funny. Thorgy just respected her too much to do it. Kind of like Tyra not being able to make Beyonce funny back in season 2 Snatch Game. Glad to see her go. Those shady-rear end edits around her this episode, though. The cameraman catching her pounding her fist against the makeup table in frustration when Shangela and Kennedy start talking over her after saying they don't want to talk over her was reality tv gold. I felt bad for her, sure, but it's been clear since Thorgy's season she just doesn't have the personality for a competition like this. Better she goes home now than stays and works herself into more of a paranoia. It'll be interesting to see how she handles the Revenge of the Queens episode and getting a second chance.

Kennedy's Janet look was fine but that performance was lacklustre as hell, which is disappointing b/c you just know Kennedy would own that poo poo if she had more than a day to prepare, but them's the breaks. Her rudemption look was loving great.

I love Milk this season. I love her being a massively melodramatic bitch, it's giving me the right injections of drama and cringe I need in a competition like this. I hope she stays on longer for that alone. Her look was boring, though, and her Celine ...

Look, I'ma play devil's advocate here: I think her Celine performance would have been good if she chose a different look. Playing up the performance as this crazy, lanky mess makes sense for Celine Dion b/c Celine Dion is a loving weirdo Quebecker who says and does bizarre-rear end things. If she were wearing, say, a backwards suit like Trixie said, or even just a classic Celine gown, I think her being safe would have made much more sense. Honestly my only issue with the performance was that I didn't see her punch herself in the chest even once. As it was, though, I'm surprised she didn't get stuck in the bottom 3. And disappointed b/c her incredibly vocal reaction to being safe makes me think she would have had an even better one to being in danger.

Bebe is amazing. That Ross was perfect and 'less is more' worked so goddamn well for her. And that runway??? Guuuuurl. I can easily see a Shangela/Ben/Bebe showdown at this point, to be honest. Unless one of those three bombs or Trixie kicks it into high gear soon I think that's going to be our top three, if not at the very least our top four.

I would love to see Morgan come back with a WeHo vengeance and last til closer to the end, though. I'm super bummed she left so early, but her talent show performance was bad and I fully appreciated Ben playing the game and getting rid of her even if Chi Chi's critiques were harsher. But I want my season 2 queens to succeed as much as possible. I have such a soft spot for Morgan and I hope she'll get to at least go out with a bang whenever the eliminated queens return this year.

gently caress though, Ben's Julie Andrews was so loving on point. Shangela was set up to win with that Mariah but I think Ben knocked the performance aspect out of the park, I could and will watch her Julie verse for fuckin' days. Shangela's runway definitely pushed it over the edge to win, though, such a stark contrast to her first elimination outfit and coming out in that ball was an inventive touch we haven't seen before. Ben looked amazing and better than her original Dripping in Jewels, but it was no match for what Shangela brought in terms of look there.

e: I'm curious to know who Morgan was given for the Diva challenge. I wonder if that's come out at a watch party or she's said it on social media or some poo poo yet. I'm avoiding the subreddit til the season is over, though. I didn't care about being spoiled on season 9 but other than knowing Bebe was the secret queen I'm doing AS3 blind.

e2: oh and I am LIVING for Shangela pulling the alliance card with both Kennedy and Thorgy. No way was she ever going to eliminate Kennedy over Thorgy, they go way way back. Shangela was close friends with Sahara (RIP :<) and thus close with Kennedy. In general I'm glad most of the queens have thrown the 'let's pick who the judges thought was worse' poo poo from AS2 out of the window. This is the kind of stuff I was hoping for from that season, but the closest we got was Roxxy lending Alaska a shirt.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 2, 2018

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

Although Trixie has been pretty far in the background this season compared to what I'd expect from her. She's there, she's doing well, and I'm always happy to see her on screen, but she's just coming off as unusually reserved.

I think that's mostly the edit. She's had a lot of zinger confessionals, and if you go back and watch her backup dancer work in this last episode she's loving great. Re-watch BenDeLa's Julie Andrews segment a couple times, it's really good and Trixie seriously impressed me with her dancing, I figured that would be her weakness.

My guess is Trixie is almost certainly top three/four, plus she's a strong fan favorite, so they're keeping her in the background with editing. Her actual performances have been very strong.

Contrast that to Bebe, who has been solid but imo very middle of the pack. She's had a very favorable edit. Remember how ChiChi got judged hard for not wearing heels in the talent show? Bebe went barefoot. Both could've done their performances in heels, ChiChi landed in the bottom two for it, for Bebe it went unmentioned.

Obviously it's reality TV so there's a ton of producer fuckery and what we get is a very filtered version, but I think:

BenDeLa and Shangela are being presented as clear frontrunners. One or both of them will have a severe fuckup and/or elimination-related drama. The Icarus edit.
Milk and Thorgy got the villain edit. Don't be petty and arrogant if you can't deliver, or reality TV will make you look extra lovely.
Trixie is very strong all-around and will be in the top few, but she's intentionally being kept in the background. The black horse edit.
Bebe has been very middle of the pack. She's incredibly charismatic, but I feel like her performance is getting inflated to keep her in the race longer. She's solid, but hasn't wowed me like some of the other queens have.
Aja has a strong redemption/growth arc, which seems well-deserved. She's so much better than her first season. I don't see her being crowned because I think she'll struggle with comedy and acting challenges.
Kennedy and Morgan I dunno.

edit:

esperterra I'm thinking Morgan might have been assigned Madonna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWlEhD4yMY

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 2, 2018

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

esperterra posted:

Thoughts about the episode:

Words

I agree with all of this except liking the Celine performance. It wasn’t Celine.......at all. The outfit, the singing, the theatrics.... had you not known it was Celine would you have guessed it was her? I mean MAYBE, but this is a tight competition, SO many queens did A LOT better that she is lucky as gently caress that she made it to “safe” at all. She should have been in the bottom over Kennedy because while Kennedy didn’t crush Janet, at LEAST her choreo was tough and you at the very least knew who she was trying to be.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Just about every word of Thorgy's mouth was painful to hear but TWICE cutting off the only judge that was going to compliment you was baffling.

Thorgy thinking she had an alliance with Shangela when her and Kennedy are real life friends: hilarious.

"I don't know how I'll react"

I don't know, maybe with a small amount of class and dignity?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

somnambulist posted:

I agree with all of this except liking the Celine performance. It wasn’t Celine.......at all. The outfit, the singing, the theatrics.... had you not known it was Celine would you have guessed it was her? I mean MAYBE, but this is a tight competition, SO many queens did A LOT better that she is lucky as gently caress that she made it to “safe” at all. She should have been in the bottom over Kennedy because while Kennedy didn’t crush Janet, at LEAST her choreo was tough and you at the very least knew who she was trying to be.

It's not even so much that I liked it, but I get what she was going for. The outfit was the worst part. Like, Kennedy looked like Janet but didn't sell it. Milk at least had a decent idea of how to ham up Celine, but didn't look a loving thing like her so it was a goddamn mess. The best way to make Celine funny is play up how whacky and bizarre she is, and that could have worked if she looked a drat thing like her.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Pellisworth posted:

BenDeLa and Shangela are being presented as clear frontrunners. One or both of them will have a severe fuckup and/or elimination-related drama. The Icarus edit.

Because of how strong the edit is with Morgan saying she will eliminate the top bitch, I predict with strong confidence she is going to slay her redemption episode and is going to give Ben the chop gagging everyone. (assuming she can/ Ben flops that episode and is even at the bottom)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pellisworth posted:

I think that's mostly the edit. She's had a lot of zinger confessionals, and if you go back and watch her backup dancer work in this last episode she's loving great. Re-watch BenDeLa's Julie Andrews segment a couple times, it's really good and Trixie seriously impressed me with her dancing, I figured that would be her weakness.

My guess is Trixie is almost certainly top three/four, plus she's a strong fan favorite, so they're keeping her in the background with editing. Her actual performances have been very strong.

Contrast that to Bebe, who has been solid but imo very middle of the pack. She's had a very favorable edit. Remember how ChiChi got judged hard for not wearing heels in the talent show? Bebe went barefoot. Both could've done their performances in heels, ChiChi landed in the bottom two for it, for Bebe it went unmentioned.

edit:

esperterra I'm thinking Morgan might have been assigned Madonna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWlEhD4yMY

Trixie is a trained tap dancer fwiw. Being able to pick up on choreo is probably pretty easy for her, even in styles she's not trained in.

I think Bebe got a pass on no heels because it went with her outfit and performance choice 100%. Chi Chi had less of an excuse for going in flats.

And yeah Morgan was probably going to get Madge, which would have been loving great. I could also see a Dirrty era Xtina or something, but the VH1 Divas they were going for were more oldschool than when they would have like Shakira/etc in the specials, so definitely a Madonna or something.

e: plus chi chi's variety show performance was kind of bad in general, jazz shoes or no

e2: I love that Willam video. All I could think about during Morgan's variety show performance was that, tbh. Bitch shoulda come out and vogued her rear end off.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 2, 2018

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

esperterra posted:

e2: I love that Willam video. All I could think about during Morgan's variety show performance was that, tbh. Bitch shoulda come out and vogued her rear end off.

yeah, Morgan isn't as much an acrobat as Kennedy or Aja with wild death drops and stuff, but she's a great dancer (vogue that poo poo up) and has tremendous stage presence

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

While looking for a good Morgan video to post in here I came across Raven doing a lipsync to a Postmodern Jukebox cover of Fancy and it made me love her even more than I already do, which is the most possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia4n4Cmdx5E

Morgan comes out and does the normal version. Also typical Micky's cameraman zooming in on disco balls and people's phone screens probably.

gently caress I love these two so much. I wanted Morgan to succeed so drat badly! Ugh she's so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx4c3S52Bfc

e: lmao this one's just a classic, she tries to pull willam on stage then ashes her cigarette on his head at one point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26RLba7Dk4

esperterra fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 2, 2018

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

esperterra posted:

While looking for a good Morgan video to post in here I came across Raven doing a lipsync to a Postmodern Jukebox cover of Fancy and it made me love her even more than I already do, which is the most possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia4n4Cmdx5E

Morgan comes out and does the normal version. Also typical Micky's cameraman zooming in on disco balls and people's phone screens probably.

gently caress I love these two so much. I wanted Morgan to succeed so drat badly! Ugh she's so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx4c3S52Bfc

e: lmao this one's just a classic, she tries to pull willam on stage then ashes her cigarette on his head at one point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26RLba7Dk4

you're almost making me miss WeHo

edit: Mr. Black, Rasputin, and Bootie (in Echo Park) club nights owned

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 2, 2018

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Final Celebrity Big Brother Results:

Courtney wins, Ann took second. I'm so happy for her!!!!!

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Final Celebrity Big Brother Results:

Courtney wins, Ann took second. I'm so happy for her!!!!!

:hfive: 49% of the entire final vote!! So satisfying.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sarcopenia posted:

I never personally cared for Thorgy's shtick but I can't help but wonder if sometimes there's some things being cut out. Like maybe there was a "I'm just kidding" part of that weird and petty mirror message. Like she is super petty and her attitude stinks but I can't help but think that the message wasn't as serious as it came off.
But thank god she's gone. If all is right in this world Milk will go too.

She addressed the edit in an interview with Vulture:

"I would have picked Stevie yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I was upset with that edit, when they cut my sentence off when I said, 'Stevie Nicks is not a gay icon.' Because my full sentence was, 'Stevie is not a gay icon who is being set up to win this challenge in a drag queen competition, amongst these, like, divas.' Some people on Twitter really got at me: 'How could you say she’s not?!' [Sighs.] And I’m like, 'Now I need to explain this.'"

and

"By the way, I love Shangela. I want her to win. She’s brilliant. She can talk her way out of anything. She’s an improv actor. And I had fun just being like, 'Suck it, Shangella [sic],' because that’s how my friends talk to each other. We’re sarcastic. You know I love you, but you know I’m pissed at you, so suck it — and just draw a penis! Why not? I actually thought they were going to blur it out. [Laughs.] But they didn’t!"

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 3, 2018

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Based on that interview, her edit was entirely fair and accurate.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
has aja been playing dota 2 cause i'm pretty sure she just cosplayed as lina

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Thorgy Thor: not mad online

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hey Thorgy! Intentional or not, if the cards are stacked against you in the performance portion of the show, maybe shift your interests over to killing it in the runway portion to balance it out, maybe?

I think my favorite moment of the episode was cutting to the backstage deliberation and just Trixie is shirtless.

EDIT: YO YO YO YO, SHOUT OUT TO ERASER.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 3, 2018

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Pellisworth posted:

Suck it, ShangeLLa.

8======D~~

The next episode is a Bachelor parody. I think the episode after that is possibly Snatch Game.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyB2Ozbj77g

Kennedy has such low energy on these things, I just have to laugh.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

She addressed the edit in an interview with Vulture:
"I would have picked Stevie yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I was upset with that edit, when they cut my sentence off when I said, 'Stevie Nicks is not a gay icon.' Because my full sentence was, 'Stevie is not a gay icon who is being set up to win this challenge in a drag queen competition, amongst these, like, divas.' Some people on Twitter really got at me: 'How could you say she’s not?!' [Sighs.] And I’m like, 'Now I need to explain this.

her revised history sentence makes absolutely zero sense.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Coyote Ugly posted:

Thorgy's attitude was just pretty bad all around, and she could have done more with the Stevie Nicks costume, instead of looking like she shopped out of a dead granny's closet and Goodwill.

I dunno why you all are giving her so much poo poo, I thought it was great for someone to finally bring the Babadook to Drag Race.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

her revised history sentence makes absolutely zero sense.

Yeah I’ve read it through a few times and still can’t parse it. I’m guessing it’s just a reprisal of the “I was set up to fail” defense but eh

This season is loving lit btw, so much shade and talent on display. Also, how Milk wasn’t in the bottom is beyond me

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Yeah I’ve read it through a few times and still can’t parse it. I’m guessing it’s just a reprisal of the “I was set up to fail” defense but eh

This season is loving lit btw, so much shade and talent on display. Also, how Milk wasn’t in the bottom is beyond me

Marc Jacobs must have leverage on Ru

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pan Dulce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyB2Ozbj77g

Kennedy has such low energy on these things, I just have to laugh.

Yeah Kennedy is almost comically chill.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The crystallization process is incredibly mellowing.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Milk is so loving boring from what we've seen.

I was really hoping she'd be the zany creative queen, but to steal a line: she's lukewarm and curdling.

Why are you bringing us skim, I was hoping for whole Milk.

She's getting a hard villain edit to boot. I really can't stand the arrogance and crying about being "only" safe when she's been so mediocre.

I went into AS3 rooting pretty hard for Milk but at this point I hope she goes away next episode.

I won't cry over spilt Milk. Get over yourself and put in some effort. BenDeLa and Shangela are clearly werqing really loving hard, you're in their dust (powder) and huffing your own farts.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I am a firm believer that Milk has experienced some poo poo from being exposed to the modeling world.

Really hoped Thorgy would've went out on a good note, instead of that hot mess.

Mixed opinions of top three material. Let's see what happens next round.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bina posted:

I am a firm believer that Milk has experienced some poo poo from being exposed to the modeling world.

I think what Milk has experienced was becoming best friends with a top tier fashion designer, and as a result has spent a lot of time with A-Listers, and it gave him an inflated sense of ego as a result. He has spent the last several years being told how incredible he is all the time without doing very much, and came into the competition thinking he would have an easy path to victory. So the fact that they've made it two challenges and he hasn't even been in the top yet has left him shocked and insulted.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Milk has been boring and annoying so far, definitely a far cry from the unpredictable and endlessly interesting Milk we got back in her original season.

I will say, though, that looking up Celine's Met look afterwards, it wasn't extremely inaccurate (though the details are all wrong), just not a look that literally anyone associates with Celine.

I have no idea why she was safe over Chi Chi.

Kennedy is giving the exact same thing we've always gotten from Kennedy: lost and sleepy during challenges, then absolutely on fire if she ever gets to just do her thing.

Thorgy's elimination brought me great joy. I know it's partially edit, but to say that you always feel talked over and then spend the rest of the episode talking over everyone (including Vanessa Williams!) is no bueno.

This season is already really entertaining, though. Here's hoping Trixie gets a chance to shine in the improv challenge next week.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This week Shangela just MURDERED it. She was gorgeous as Mariah and her runway was amazing. And next week is a comedy challenge. poo poo. Her acting the diva the whole time is almost as entertaining as Willam was in float your boat.

I can admit that Bendela did a great job as Julie Andrews but I just want some confidence out of her. And I'm tired of the showgirl silhouette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
What kind of monster gets to pretend to be Celine Dion and doesn't go for the backwards man's suit look? I mean, that works with Milk's general shtick so well.

• Locked thread