Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/treed1919/status/959130069313744896

I don't want to see Artemi Panarin in a scrap but I kind of do to see if he just loses his mind and starts curbstomping the hell out of some shithead because he forgets where he is. He somehow gets Tom Wilson to the ground and forgets the fight's supposed to be over at that point, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Ginette Reno posted:

Why would an injury to a 4th/5th liner hurt the Rangers?

Please don't be rude to my sad son.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

feburary n/v: please bread no

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/treed1919/status/959130069313744896

I don't want to see Artemi Panarin in a scrap but I kind of do to see if he just loses his mind and starts curbstomping the hell out of some shithead because he forgets where he is. He somehow gets Tom Wilson to the ground and forgets the fight's supposed to be over at that point, for example.

Artemi Panarin, if you're reading this, please. I have a lot of money and it can be yours.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hifi posted:

feburary n/v: please bread no

:yeah:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So, Thomas Vanek: How excited are you to be a Vancouver Canuck?

That excited, huh?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

Buchnevich has a concussion and is out indefinitely.

Time to sell, fire AV, and get your tank on, Jeff.

Did they ever show the hit? Seems like he and a Leafs player got tangled up and it was all inadvertent but I don't think we ever got a replay

Sucks but at this point whatever.

e: fire av

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/959498471131795456

a nice silver lining in the recent run of poo poo in philadelphia

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/959498471131795456

a nice silver lining in the recent run of poo poo in philadelphia

So... time to bench them for MacDonald?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Bourne says no discipline for Gudas.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyers send Goulbourne back to the Phantoms, to end what was one of the stranger callups in recent memory.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Alain Vigneault posted:

Why would an injury to a 4th/5th liner hurt the Rangers?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daren Dreger found Bob Mckenzie's old high school team picture. It's pretty great

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

DJExile posted:

Daren Dreger found Bob Mckenzie's old high school team picture. It's pretty great

Crazy that Bob McKenzie played hockey with that dude from Workaholics.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Jamwad Hilder posted:

My recollection is they absolutely killed it too. There's a huge difference in skill between even the worst player to play in the NHL and the minor leagues.

Biz played with Cardiff during the lockout, and lit up the league as a defenceman. I saw him play, it was hilarious. Anthony Stewart and Drew Miller were also kicking around that year, and I think that there were a couple of sub-AHL punchmen like Carcillo on Nottingham.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

DJExile posted:

Flyers send Goulbourne back to the Phantoms, to end what was one of the stranger callups in recent memory.

kind of spooky that this goul fellow didn't get a chance to play with ghost and now is a phantom agai n :ghost:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

kind of spooky that this goul fellow didn't get a chance to play with ghost and now is a phantom agai n :ghost:

*twilight zone theme plays*

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Thufir posted:

Flying crosschecks to the face away from the puck: 2 minutes.

Gudas got his rear end beat by Travis Zajac though, so that's something at least.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Bishop got hit with a puck on the bench and got hurt, and is going on IR.

He doesn't even have to be on the ice. Good lord, they're finishing 6th in the West and missing aren't they.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Hearing that there's not going to be any supplemental discipline for this.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

James Neal is still a dirty rear end in a top hat that gets away with everything and I hate all refs.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Thufir posted:

Between this and the string of hilarious goaltender interference challenge results, this has been a really good week for consistent and fair enforcement of rules and regulations in the NHL.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Is Alex Nylander already a bust?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Twin Cinema posted:

Is Alex Nylander already a bust?

>ctrl+f "buffalo sabres prospect"

yes

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/959533604975140866

Hank is in for a rebuild. God I love him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does he know he's old?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Aphrodite posted:

Does he know he's old?

Haven’t you heard? 45 is the new 35.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phil Kessel is going to sneak his way into getting the Art Ross this season and I am going to eat a Kessel jersey to celebrate

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I hope the Pens didn't tire themselves out tonight since I'm going to the game in Jersey tomorrow.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

cenotaph posted:

I hope the Pens didn't tire themselves out tonight since I'm going to the game in Jersey tomorrow.

Well the defense should be feeling frosty if nothing else

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jovial Cow posted:

Haven’t you heard? 45 is the new 35.

Goalies can play pretty long also

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Also hot take: Crosby/Malkin/Kessel own

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Also hot take: Crosby/Malkin/Kessel own

Kessel is the vessel

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Phil Kessel is going to sneak his way into getting the Art Ross this season and I am going to eat a Kessel jersey to celebrate

and lo, on this day, did we all hear the clarion call of :siren: TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :siren:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

and lo, on this day, did we all hear the clarion call of :siren: TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :siren:

There's just no way. Like maybe one of those infant jerseys but even then I just can't imagine

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Duke Chin posted:

Kessel is two points off the lead, Malkin 5, and Crosby 6.

Still doubt they catch Kucherov because Tampa's offense is also stacked as heck but I'd enjoy my friend Wonderllamma's post if it happened.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Anyone want to read a long-rear end article from the Toronto Star reviewing Bettman's 25th anniversary as NHL Commissioner? I didn't really, but then I read it anyways. The highlight has to be:

quote:

The Godfather. Goodfellas. The Big Lebowski. Pulp Fiction. These are Gary Bettman’s favourite movies, and he lights up when asked about them.

“When any of those movies are on I will watch it even if it’s for the 100th time,” says Bettman. “I’ve always been fascinated about organized crime. When I was at Cornell I took a seminar in the management of complex organizations. That was in the area of the big conglomerates. AT&T in the early ’70s.”

So maybe that speaks to how he does business.

The other thing I noticed is that the section that discusses the decline of fighting quotes Bettman as saying that he didn't really change the rules on fighting at all. Except, as far as I can tell, the NHL only added the minor penalty part of the instigator penalty in 1996. Granted, it became a game misconduct in 1992, before Bettman joined the league, but I think adding the minor on top was a bigger deal (along with knocking it down to a non-game misconduct). Also, modifying the rulebook is one thing, but instructing referees on how to enforce it is entirely different. The article mentions various crackdowns on hooking, holding and interference, most notably after the 2004-05 lockout, but kind of fails to mention that these all fizzled out after a season or less and never seem to make it to the playoffs.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Ginette Reno posted:

Kessel is two points off the lead, Malkin 5, and Crosby 6.

Still doubt they catch Kucherov because Tampa's offense is also stacked as heck but I'd enjoy my friend Wonderllamma's post if it happened.

Kucherov has been ice cold the past month and a half. I don’t think he’s going to win the Art Ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

A Typical Goon posted:

Kucherov has been ice cold the past month and a half. I don’t think he’s going to win the Art Ross

Well there is Stamkos/Voracek/Mcdavid/Giroux/Gaudreau too all sniffing around it.

It's a more wide open race than usual. If it's not Kucherov it's hard to not see it being a Pen just because their powerplay is so good. It'd be cool as hell if Kessel won it.

• Locked thread