Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's a gorgeous rabbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
We will be getting Carrots from her foster mom on Sunday. I'm so excited!!!

I love his color. The grey mixed in with the orange is so pretty. He's 9 months old now, but already has 7 kids. Settle down, Carrots!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

BAE OF PIGS posted:

He's 9 months old now, but already has 7 kids. Settle down, Carrots!

Sounds like he would really thrive with a bondmate (and probably some sterilization first). He’s clearly sociable enough.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Sounds like he would really thrive with a bondmate (and probably some sterilization first). He’s clearly sociable enough.

He's been neutered since becoming a dad. I'm not opposed to getting him a friend but I think we want to get all settled with Carrots first. It's probably be easier if they were both new and Carrots didn't have a territory to claim, but I still think we're just going to hold off for now.

There's a Valentine thing coming up at the humane society for bunny dating called hippy hour where you can bring in your buns for speed dating. We might look into that.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's a gorgeous rabbit.

gracie says "tell me something I don't know!"

I say "thanks"

in other news the pain meds appear to be working well

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

BAE OF PIGS posted:

There's a Valentine thing coming up at the humane society for bunny dating called hippy hour where you can bring in your buns for speed dating. We might look into that.

Surely it must be hoppy hour.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Aggir is officially ours! And all set to devour some carrots while she watches Nite Owl and Silk Spectre fight mooks.

Edit: Goddammit my phone is a potato. Apparently so am I since I didn't realize it wasn't Awful making the image a timg automatically.

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 5, 2018

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
bigger picture of cow rabbit please

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Walrus posted:

bigger picture of cow rabbit please

I got ya

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Enhance !

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
gracie keeps falling over cause she tries to support herself with her cancer leg. its really sad but also kind of funny because whenever it happens little poop pellets just go flying everywhere.

boberteatskitten
Jan 30, 2013

Do not put rocks in brain.

The Walrus posted:

gracie keeps falling over cause she tries to support herself with her cancer leg. its really sad but also kind of funny because whenever it happens little poop pellets just go flying everywhere.

poor girl, sounds like she's doing pretty well, all things considered, though! good work and good luck.

i sympathize on the sad/funny--we've got one whose back leg muscles have atrophied quite a bit who trips a lot. she solves the problem of grooming her back by curling up into improbably tight loops and using the wall or her litter box or whatever to hold her in place--sometimes she's not as close to the support wall as she thinks she is and then she ends up rotating in circles for a minute and skittering turds around.

e: pictorial content

boberteatskitten fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 5, 2018

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Organza Quiz posted:

Surely it must be hoppy hour.

bingo

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I didn't realize there were two rabbits at first and I got really concerned.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Remora posted:

I didn't realize there were two rabbits at first and I got really concerned.

Same

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Jabba the Hopp

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Gracie is doing really well considering. She's adjusting to her new level of mobility. The vet gave us some critical care to give her daily, but feeding it to her is a struggle. She will eat it off of a plate once it starts to lose moisture though, so that's a win. She also gets her pain meds applied to treats 12 hours in advance so she doesn't need to deal with syringes there. She's a feisty one. She's still eating a ton of greens every day and actually gained 30g between visits to the vet (we've been giving her basically as much greens as she wants and many more treats than usual). So things aren't all bad. They are pessimistic at the vet 'book another visit between a week and a month from now depending on her condition' but I'm anticipating her very much enjoying her QOL for the next couple of months at least.

since we set up her new pen area (she can't hop into her cage as much) our floor has become a poop floor. its fine.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Walrus posted:

Gracie is doing really well considering. She's adjusting to her new level of mobility. The vet gave us some critical care to give her daily, but feeding it to her is a struggle. She will eat it off of a plate once it starts to lose moisture though, so that's a win. She also gets her pain meds applied to treats 12 hours in advance so she doesn't need to deal with syringes there. She's a feisty one. She's still eating a ton of greens every day and actually gained 30g between visits to the vet (we've been giving her basically as much greens as she wants and many more treats than usual). So things aren't all bad. They are pessimistic at the vet 'book another visit between a week and a month from now depending on her condition' but I'm anticipating her very much enjoying her QOL for the next couple of months at least.

since we set up her new pen area (she can't hop into her cage as much) our floor has become a poop floor. its fine.

That looks like a great spot for her and if she's eating all her treats and greens she must be feeling pretty good too (all things considering).

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

That looks like a great spot for her and if she's eating all her treats and greens she must be feeling pretty good too (all things considering).

Oh that's not her main spot, that's just one of her spots to chill in during the day. the entire living room is covered in poop. again, its fine. :)

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

The Walrus posted:

Oh that's not her main spot, that's just one of her spots to chill in during the day. the entire living room is covered in poop. again, its fine. :)

Embrace the poop, as long as Gracie enjoys the increased freedom it's worth it. I ended up buying a used roomba to keep up with my own little bag of poop:

No need to say it, she owns the place.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
grace continues to Make It Work

Silverfish
May 23, 2005
graaaaaaaagh
I am so relieved by these poop and hay carpet pictures.
I thought up to now that I was the only person with chaos bunnies.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Naw, unless you vacuum every day it just looks like that. It's pretty clean and orderly for poop. I tell people it's basically dense cocoa puffs in all respects but taste.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Remora posted:

Naw, unless you vacuum every day it just looks like that. It's pretty clean and orderly for poop. I tell people it's basically dense cocoa puffs in all respects but taste.

How would you know ?

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
I don't know about you, but I mix chocolate in with my rabbits' food pellets then harvest their droppings. Never buy cereal again!

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Carrots took to our apartment very quickly. He's already found some hangouts that he likes and spends a lot of his down time there. He's basically a cat, but he binkies A LOT. He also loves to sprint around our apartment, and he has no problem jumping from the floor, up over the couch cushions, up to the top of the couch in a single leap while we're sitting on the couch.

BAE OF PIGS fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 14, 2018

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Speaking of binkying, Jojo is an explorer, and the one place she's never allowed is my mother-in-law's room. Last week, we had a plumber out and her door was open since the plumber was in her bathroom. Jojo was binkying like a drat fool around the whole room. :3:

Also, Agatha seems to have formed a love affair with our new kitten, Katten. They were nose-to-nose nuzzling last night.

EDIT: I try to get pics! I was just barely getting in the room when Aggie decided it was time to tear-rear end through the living room again and eat the trim around the closet doors.

I swear to God, these loving bunnies ignore the litterbox and chews in favor of a minefield of Turd-o Puffs and mangled baseboards!

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 15, 2018

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
grace was struggling a bit the last couple days... but it's amazing what an extra .5mg of meloxicam can do

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

D34THROW posted:

Speaking of binkying, Jojo is an explorer, and the one place she's never allowed is my mother-in-law's room. Last week, we had a plumber out and her door was open since the plumber was in her bathroom. Jojo was binkying like a drat fool around the whole room. :3:

Also, Agatha seems to have formed a love affair with our new kitten, Katten. They were nose-to-nose nuzzling last night.
Pictures

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Carrots deciding to jump to the top of the couch while I'm laying down.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Nice try, Carrots, we can tell this photo is the last thing Bae of Pigs saw before you leaped upon him and murdered him :ohdear:.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BAE OF PIGS posted:

You bunny is missing an ear, please fix.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

You bunny is missing an ear, please fix.

As I was posting this, the little fucker jumped from the top of a cat tree to an end table, and when I tried shooing him off, he knocked over a big plant display with his hind legs.

edit:

While I was asleep, Carrots decided to become an instagram whore

BAE OF PIGS fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 20, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The rabbits got into a very stupid fight today. One of them wanted to leave one of the cages at the same time the other went into it. Rather than solve this in a normal way, they just started swatting and grunting until it became a full-on biting and chasing fight. We separated them and 10 minutes later they forgot it happened. Rabbits are dumb.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

counterpoint: rabbits are so awesome they are totally cool with each other immediately following an interaction that would lead to a shooting in the human world

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

counterpoint: rabbits are so awesome they are totally cool with each other immediately following an interaction that would lead to a shooting in the human world
They got into another fight today, but I didn't see what started it. It's dumb, they were getting along so well for months.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

They got into another fight today, but I didn't see what started it. It's dumb, they were getting along so well for months.

I haven't been lurking in this thread so I apologize if this is already answered, are your rabbits fixed? This kinda goes without saying, sexual maturity brings out the rear end in a top hat in most animals especially if there is a rise in hormones.
Do they have the same litter tray and food bowl? Does it seem like they are getting more territorial? Maybe they working out who is the dominant rabbit? This seems to happen regardless of whether they are fixed or not. On occasion, my rabbit will box with me when I try to clean her house and she's still in it and will pseudo rape the cat to show who's boss. Apparently, this is normal behavior.
Do they still snuggle with each other? Do you give one more attention than the other, like petting? It's like social grooming to them so one could be jealous. I don't know, maybe that's a stretch.

In any case, I am not a rabbit expert, I just have some observational data that relates to my own experiences with owning a dirty little barn animal myself. So take this with a grain of salt.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
grace is still loving life, I'm happy to report. we booked a 3 week vacation in september assuming she'd be gone by then but nothing fuels a rabbit like spite. I don't think we're going on that vacation. at least i hope not. we probably are though :(

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Carrots eats more than any creature I've ever seen. He'll go through his entire hay manager while we're at work, and act like we're starving him when we go to feed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I haven't been lurking in this thread so I apologize if this is already answered, are your rabbits fixed? This kinda goes without saying, sexual maturity brings out the rear end in a top hat in most animals especially if there is a rise in hormones.
Do they have the same litter tray and food bowl? Does it seem like they are getting more territorial? Maybe they working out who is the dominant rabbit? This seems to happen regardless of whether they are fixed or not. On occasion, my rabbit will box with me when I try to clean her house and she's still in it and will pseudo rape the cat to show who's boss. Apparently, this is normal behavior.
Do they still snuggle with each other? Do you give one more attention than the other, like petting? It's like social grooming to them so one could be jealous. I don't know, maybe that's a stretch.

In any case, I am not a rabbit expert, I just have some observational data that relates to my own experiences with owning a dirty little barn animal myself. So take this with a grain of salt.
Both fixed, they're totally friendly most of the day, and they've acted like they're totally bonded for months. However: we leave both rabbits' cages open while they're out, which hasn't been an issue. They normally spend time in each other's cages, or in a cage together, even in the same litter box without issue. But these fights over the last couple days have all been centered around the younger rabbit's cage, and we think he's the one getting aggressive based on the fur clumps we pick up after the fight all being from the older rabbit. On the plus side, the younger rabbit has no incisors, which has helped.

The plan now is more stress bonding - they went through a session today with no issues - and keeping their cages closed while they're out. They only seem to be fighting over the one cage.