Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discomusic
Aug 8, 2016
So...that's a bad ending, right?
Now we have to return to the previous chapters and set what we did wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm guessing rather than a matrix esque "die in the matrix, die in real life" situation those who die get booted out of the simulation and get to watch the rest

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
If Hajime is specially referred to as the protagonist, does that mean he's the only real person plugged in here? Is everyone else part of the simulation?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Is this whole thing just an entrance exam?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Cryohazard posted:

Is this whole thing just an entrance exam?

now everyone is going to stand around him in a circle and shout Congratulations!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

RedMagus posted:

now everyone is going to stand around him in a circle and shout Congratulations!

No, no, that was going to be for Komaeda

(un)fortunately he didn't make it

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

No Music.

SFX: Metal creaking.

???:
It would be wrong to say it was swaying from side-to-side. It was actually shaking rather intensely. The room I was in. It was shaking from side-to-side.

The shaking was quite irregular. Just when you thought it was a series of small shakes...it would suddenly shake violently. And every time that happened, I'd have to steady myself with my foot.

I couldn't stand up very well, but for me, it was comforting.

I never thought not knowing what to expect could be so fun, so I was feeling rather excited. But I figured I'd get bored of that feeling soon enough...

That's what I was expecting.

For me...a person who is loved by talent... Detecting regularities among irregularities won't be that difficult.

...Ah, how boring.

: Do you...like ships...?

On the other side of the dark room, I heard a voice. It was clearly directed at me.

: Haha, you looked like you were having fun, so that's what I assumed... You do like ships, right?
: ...Ships?
: Ah, that's right...that's it. So this *is* a ship.
: Haha...you just realized that now?
: ...Is it really that funny?
: ...
: Hey, if you want, care to talk a little? The silence was starting to bore me.

Instantly, I saw his true character. The overfamiliar attitude, the friendly smile...

But under that thin skin, I could detect a foul, offensive odor, like some kind of putrid slime. In a sensible way, of course.

How should I put this... It was a smell exclusive to those who were already finished.

: Nice to meet you... I'm Nagito Komaeda. Anyway...lucky me. It's been a while since anyone was willing to talk to me, so to share a room with a person like that...
: Yep, I'm definitely lucky!
: ...Lucky? Ah, so that's your talent then.
: ...What a boring talent.
: A boring talent, huh...? Well, that's exactly what it is... But for someone I'm meeting for the first time to say that so suddenly...
: That's because I have luck as well.
: ...Huh?
: Even I possess a talent as boring as luck.
: "P-Possess", huh...?
: I'm starting to get really interested! Who are you!? You're obviously from Hope's Peak Academy too, right? So you're one of us?
: Ah, but that's weird... This is the first time I've ever seen you...
: Hey, can you tell me why you're here? How did you end up here?
: ...How boring.
: Ah, sorry...I'm often told I'm terrible at making conversation...
: Not you... This world.
: Huh...?
: This world is full of boring people. People who lack talent stick together, and oppress those who do possess talent... Even though they know they're insignificant, they don't try to acknowledge their true superiors... They are profoundly desperate to drag them down to their level... And because of these bastards, this world has come to a deadlock.
: This world has stopped evolving. ...How boring.
: Well, the world is shaped by the will of the majority... It makes sense that it bends to those who lack talent. That's why we're in our present situation...
: Ah, perhaps...does that have anything to do with the reason you're here?
: Boring people make no contributions to the world...not even a speck of dust... That's why my teachers taught me that a certain degree of selection must be performed.
: Looks like they had high expectations for you, huh? That's completely different from me.
: But...what are you planning to do? Now that you've ended up like this, there's nothing you can do, right?
: Listen well: using people is a talent, too. It is now my turn to use that person just as they used me in the past.
: That person...
: Are you talking about Ultimate Despair!? But how? I mean, they're already...
: ...I have it with me. The contribution that person left to me... Even now, it rests in my pocket...
: I-I don't know what you're talking about...
: Hahaha! I'm definitely lucky! I can't believe I'm speaking with someone as amazing as you!

: Then...will I be able to see her again? Will I be able to see the person I hate with every fiber of my being again? And this time...
: Will I be able to kill her this time? The person I hate so much?
: Hate...?
: Then...explain your hand.
: Ah...this...?
: The end of that bandage...is a woman's hand, right?
: Heh heh... Hahahahahahahahahaha!
: ...Isn't it amazing? I can't move it, of course. I mean, it's not my hand after all! But...even now, it still hasn't rotted...
: Hey, maybe that means it's becoming one with me! Isn't it amazing? I have successfully become one with Ultimate Despair, my sworn enemy!
: I see, so you salvaged the body... You really are a boring person.
: Ah, I don't want you to misunderstand. I just see her as my enemy, you know. Because she's my sworn enemy... Because I hate her so much... That's why I took her power. And for that I...
: ...Wait, huh?
: Do I...hate her? Huh...that's strange...
: Huh?
: Huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh?
: Ah, look out the window. We're finally here!

: You're starting to see it too, right? That's Jabberwock Island, isn't it?
: Isn't it exciting? I wonder what'd going to happen on that island once we get there...
: ...What's going to happen? I can already predict what will happen.
: I already know because I am loved by talent.

: But...no matter what happens, it's of no concern to me.
: I will not be able to participate in what lies ahead.
: Hm? Really...? I don't really understand, but... I guess we have to part ways for a while. That's disappointing...we seemed to get along pretty well.
: ...Hey, can I see you again?
: There is no reason we'll ever meet again. After all...you are boring...
: Your talent, your thoughts, your entire existence is boring to me...
: ...You really don't play along, do you?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ah, we're getting to the good parts.

I remember that once I read this bit, I couldn't put the old tumblr translation down.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

...Metal Gear?!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm impressed he managed to get Junko's hand, considering her corpse was kinda crushed.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm impressed he managed to get Junko's hand, considering her corpse was kinda crushed.

I’m impressed that it doesn’t rot.

Also mysterious speaker, you’re silly. Nagito is many things but he’s not boring.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Qrr posted:

Also mysterious speaker, you’re silly. Nagito is many things but he’s not boring.

I dunno. Most of the thread was able to predict "Rube Goldberg Luck-Powered Suicide Plot" quite easily. He's predictable.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
And predictability gets you killed makes you boring.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
What is going on.

(don't answer that)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nagito you batshit crazy son of a bitch :stare:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

he's pretty good :ocelot:

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Uh.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Qrr posted:

I guess he got lucky with the transplant then.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hmm, yes, I see.*

*doesn't see at all

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It will all make sense eventually.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Rarity posted:

Pretty much.

I hate this person!

I want to kill them!

I took their hand and fixed it on my body!

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Nagito you're loving nuts. Even more so then usual.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There is nothing wrong about hacking off a dead person's arm and attaching it to your body as a sign of hatred for them. :colbert:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There is nothing wrong about hacking off a dead person's arm and attaching it to your body as a sign of hatred for them. :colbert:

it's not even like it's just a sign of hatred either, it's to absorb their power! Totally reasonable!!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Call me... Liquid Nagito.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Hunt11 posted:

It will all make sense eventually.

You wanna bet on that?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I mean...we have seen Nagito's hand before, right? He didn't have a dead lady hand grafted onto the wrist.

I may have a tiny, tiny inkling of a theory of what's going on here based on something else that didn't really get resolved in a satisfying way before, but it's a long shot so I'll wait for another update and more info.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Zoe posted:

I mean...we have seen Nagito's hand before, right? He didn't have a dead lady hand grafted onto the wrist.

I may have a tiny, tiny inkling of a theory of what's going on here based on something else that didn't really get resolved in a satisfying way before, but it's a long shot so I'll wait for another update and more info.

I mean, we also see a bunch of dead people right now. I don't think we can trust what we see/saw

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Zoe posted:

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I don't see any early clues in that image, so for me this whole hand thing comes completely out of nowhere.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
smh at nagito's body dysmorphia causing him to stab his own lady hand

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
He impaled his right hand, the girl hand is his left.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Right hand regular, left hand date night

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Jabberwock Island looks... surprisingly natural.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: From this point onwards, I'll be providing a video of every single update just because there will be things occurring that don't lend themselves well to screenshots. If you want the full experience, feel free to watch the videos, That said, even if you watch the videos you may still want to skim the screenshot updates. Things might get a bit...strange.

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

No Music.

...Huh?

...What is this?

It's a door.

There's a door.

...Huh? A door? Why is a door here?

Where am I?

How did I get here?

Where am I supposed to go?

I-Isn't this...

: ...a classroom?

But even so...it's a very strange classroom...

...Why am I in a place like this?

I went inside the ancient ruin with everyone else...

And I arrived at a place that looked like a trial ground. But then, why...

...It's not connecting. I don't know why I'm here... It's like there's no connection between how I left the trial ground and how I ended up here... It's just like before when we were all gathered in that classroom, just before we arrived at Jabberwock Island...

: But...where is this place? Is it somewhere...on Jabberwock Island?

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem! Ahem! Testing, testing! Mike check, one two! This is a test of the school broadcast system! Am I on? Can everyone hear me? Okay! Well then...

: Welcome to Hope's Peak Academy, you guys! At this point, I shall explain the graduation exam to you all... So please assemble at the gymnasium immediately.

Did he say what I think he just said? Yes, he definitely said it! He said, "Welcome to Hope's Peak Academy"!

B-But...

: Why would this place be...Hope's Peak Academy...? And not just that... What...is the graduation exam?

Isn't...the killing over already?

: Welcome to the gameplay. As the tutorial text said, you can move the cursor to suspicious objects to examine them. It's not unlike an adventure game. Lots of objects are just there for flavor text.

: When you move the cursor over something that you can examine, you'll see this line with a magnifying glass trail out from the object. Then just push X to see what it is.

: This is a surveillance camera... Why would there be a surveillance camera inside the school?

I wonder... Does this have the same purpose as the surveillance cameras on Jabberwock Island? If so...who's watching us? Is it whoever's controlling Monokuma?

: What is this...?

In a normal classroom, there'd be a window, but instead... There's this iron plate bolted here. When I tried knocking on it with my fist...

*Knock-knock-knock...*

: Looks like it's a pretty thick iron plate...

Is this...to keep us trapped?

: What the heck...? This place, where iron plates are covering the windows inside the classrooms... Is it really Hope's Peak Academy?

: This clock...doesn't have any hands.

A clock without hands is meaningless. Why would something like this be in a classroom?

Does this monitor...serve the same purpose as the monitors on the island? If so...this would be under Monokuma's supervision, right? Is this place...really Hope's Peak Academy?[/i]

: Dammit...what's going on...?

: So let's go see what the hallway looks like.

Even the hallway doesn't feel like a school at all... What a creepy place...

: At least...it doesn't look like a normal school at all.

It's definitely a lie... There's no way this place...is Hope's Peak Academy... Is this creepy place the Hope's Peak Academy that I've admired for so long...?

: It's...probably a building that Monokuma made to startle us, just like the Funhouse. ...That's right. That's definitely it.

Monokuma said to come to the gymnasium, right?

: Then I'll go...and definitely clear things up...!

: The hallways are full 3D spaces. You can walk around in them to get to wherever you need to go.
: The gym is the big room in the upper left.

: So we started in classroom 1-A. There's also a classroom 1-B right over here, though we can't enter it right now.

: There are a variety of other doors around the area but they all give similar messages when you examine them. This open one in the middle of the hall is the door we're looking for.

: While we can stop and examine the other places like this metal barred staircase, all the messages ▔▒▐░▓░ gives us basically tell us that we can't explore yet. The gym is the only place we can go.

: Let's go in.

The gymnasium...is here, right?

: ...All right, I'm going inside!

Something might be waiting...but I'm not going to cower away anymore.

...And so, I braced myself and cautiously opened the door.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Have they tried turning their Hajime off and on again?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Narsham posted:

Have they tried turning their Hajime off and on again?

We just need to thump him on the back a few times, he does this all the time

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Ooh, a new Danganronpa LP! Excited to get in on the ground floor of this one. Can't wait to see everyone's reactions to things. Are you planning to go on to the other games in the series? Since oren never finished his LP of 2, I've been wondering if someone would show it off here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'm getting this weirdest sense of deja vu. Oh well, guess I'll just try to guess the survivors or something.

Hajime clearly survives, because protagonist privilege.

And... The rest of the cast hasn't been introduced yet, have they. Welp.

• Locked thread