Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

keep GETTIN them CHEQUES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
hey you can more easily make LeBron the Red Panda than you can make the Red Panda become LeBron. have some respect

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ghost Dog posted:

hes also an mvp thief which isnt a respectable vocation either

he's gonna be a great trivia question as the only MVP to not make the HOF though, that's worth something

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
What if Derrick Rose makes the Hall of Fame because he's the only MVP who never made the Hall of Fame

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

What if Derrick Rose makes the Hall of Fame because he's the only MVP who never made the Hall of Fame

Rose will make it on his own merits when he comes back from his injuries.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

But wait, wouldn't that revoke his HoF status? But then wouldn't that put him back in? Would that make him Schrodinger's HoF Player?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/959505803597279232

Best team in the league

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

But Red Panda isn’t a team??

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
as everyone always likes to say, what makes the Golden State Warriors the best team in the league isn't their jumpshots, it's their generosity

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

25k for a unicycle??

I agree Real estate in the Bay Area is outrageous

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Brolander posted:

Remember Stiemsma fever??

Quite possibly my most hated former-Pelican player. Him and Kaman.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Tae posted:

25k for a unicycle??

With it being so tall, it probably has to have certain tolerances and unique techniques for construction that have to be done by hand as there probably isn't a factory setup to do that kind of thing. Especially since she can easily die if some part of it fails.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

What?

Rose loved the poo poo out of basketball. having to do like 4 injury rehabs in 5 years would probably break most anyone. That dude by all reports was a basketball robot, and is why he and Thibs got along so well from the start. They both only care about Basketball...

Now take that away from him with tons of injuries. Nowadays I dunno how much he loves the game, but yeah..

And yes, If wasn't constantly working on Rehabbing he probably would have had time to add other stuff to his game.
That MVP and the year after he was shooting fairly respectable from 3, and had been getting better.

Like dude had loving 4 loving knee injuries in 5 years. It's kinda insane to say he wouldn't have gotten better had he stayed healthy.

Also John Wall kinda still exists in this NBA.

It's not a knock on him, I just think he enjoyed hanging with his friends and family much more. I know we got all the "Rose plays for the love of the game" stuff when the media hated Lebron for a season but it never made sense. The same people were feeding us stories about how Derrick was dunking over people in practice all the time and when he came back he'd be the same. He had a great PR team early on.

The guy was routinely out of shape coming into the season even when he wasn't rehabbing (2015-16 season for instance). Didn't improve his shot much, his handles got considerably worse, and he always had one of the lowest basketball IQs around. The rift between him and Butler was over Jimmy thinking the guy had a lovely work ethic.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That is one non evil point for the Ws.

Their awesome Asian art jerseys are also awesome.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

It's not a knock on him, I just think he enjoyed hanging with his friends and family much more. I know we got all the "Rose plays for the love of the game" stuff when the media hated Lebron for a season but it never made sense. The same people were feeding us stories about how Derrick was dunking over people in practice all the time and when he came back he'd be the same. He had a great PR team early on.

:ssh: Rose wasn't the one releasing the news about himself dunking over everyone in practice.

That was the Bulls FO leaking that poo poo to the Media. Trying to force him to play.

And Rose was 3 knee surgery's in by the time that rift started

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

euphronius posted:

That is one non evil point for the Ws.

Their awesome Asian art jerseys are also awesome.

I've kind of found rockets/warriors chinese jerseys to be extreme pandering to the market regardless of how nice they look...

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/959538386783625216

:smith:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

:ssh: Rose wasn't the one releasing the news about himself dunking over everyone in practice.

That was the Bulls FO leaking that poo poo to the Media. Trying to force him to play.

And Rose was 3 knee surgery's in by the time that rift started

I know the ACL was bad and maybe you can't come back from that. But the other surgeries were for a meniscus. Westbrook had the same thing (along with 3 surgeries).

Regardless, I'm talking about stuff he can control. No reason he should have been so out of shape those last two years in Chicago. No reason for his ballhandling to be so abysmal. And no reason for him to not know even the basics of NBA defenses at that stage of his career.

Butler is a bit over-the-top with his work ethic stuff but he clearly thought Rose wasn't working hard enough.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/959535090928730112

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I've kind of found rockets/warriors chinese jerseys to be extreme pandering to the market regardless of how nice they look...

Panda ring?

:thunk:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

gently caress what i wouldn't give to see that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

He put up good numbers but the Suns lost almost every single game that he played. 3-17 vs 10-7 when he didn't. He was horrible on defense. I haven't watched him enough to know if that's the norm or if he just didn't care here.

Either way the Celtics obviously have a better roster and coaching so I'm sure it'll work out.

He definitely is a bad defender. I don't think the Suns losing is any single player's fault on that team.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

He definitely is a bad defender. I don't think the Suns losing is any single player's fault on that team.

Yep. Brad's made worse defenders work though so I'm pretty sure it will be fine and any defensive liability will hopefully be offset by having a human being capable of putting ball in hoop once Kyrie sits

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I didn't see it posted but the Knicks and Noah have "agreed on indefinite leave" for Noah.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kevin Harlan deserves better than this

https://streamable.com/04i0z

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

leftist heap posted:

I didn't see it posted but the Knicks and Noah have "agreed on indefinite leave" for Noah.

Lmao he did it

He won the lottery

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/959255190053388289

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/959535475990999040

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wall does seem like a curmudgeon and that whole ordeal where he was a dick about Beal's new contract was strange. It's never felt like there was any friendship ball happening in Washington

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:jerky:

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/959558347467960320

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

Lebron James is a man who can pass a basketball at other players and sometimes throw a basketball at a hoop. The basketball then frequently goes in the hoop.

haha dude that quote is from like 3 miles deep into the "we don't expect anyone to read this article past the headline but it should be a minimum length to look like a real article la la la la la" section of the page, how'd you even make it that far?

paragraph before:
“The Red Panda is legendary and absolutely loved and adored by everyone, especially our fans and season tickets holders. She’s been a staple at Warriors games for many years and we need for that to continue in the future,” Warriors president Rick Welts said in a statement to Bay Area News Group. “What better way to put her in position to succeed than with a new, custom made unicycle? We look forward to her next appearance at Oracle Arena and are glad that we could do our small part to help this great tradition continue.”

it's odd how cold and dead corporate language can turn every sentiment

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
ojh my god the knicks are going to end up with john wall

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

ojh my god the knicks are going to end up with john wall

He does have a very Knicks-like contract

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

RW shoud talk with Jermaine O'Neal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK11sSjEM3c

EvanTH posted:

Yeah basically any of the bright screen stuff that's making everybody go blind early

The good news is they have glasses to block that stuff. The bad news is most people don't want to wear those all day.

Niwrad posted:

...I still wonder if he'd really have been that good if he stayed healthy. The game kind of changed and I think he would have struggled regardless.

Putting up 13+ WS at age 22- is elite:
https://www.basketball-reference.co...=13&order_by=ws

I don't think he'd win a bunch more MVPs but if he'd stayed healthy I think he would've kept improving.

This makes up for the time ownership said they couldn't afford to pay for a parade (even though the parade costed ~a few courtside tickets to a GSW playoff game).

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2014-nba-finals-heat-vs-spurs.html

Absolute lunacy

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I wish I could average 28 pts in an nba playoff series while slacking off and not really trying

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

haha dude that quote is from like 3 miles deep into the "we don't expect anyone to read this article past the headline but it should be a minimum length to look like a real article la la la la la" section of the page, how'd you even make it that far?

Honestly I was hoping for some technical specs on the unicycle, that is totally my poo poo. I saw that line and I was floored. If you gave me 24 hours to write 2 sentences that boiled what Red Panda does into the most boring sounding thing possible I don't think I could surpass it.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

These uncle drew commercials getting out of control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

He does have a very Knicks-like contract

it makes so much sense. it's hell fated

Lockback posted:

Honestly I was hoping for some technical specs on the unicycle, that is totally my poo poo. I saw that line and I was floored. If you gave me 24 hours to write 2 sentences that boiled what Red Panda does into the most boring sounding thing possible I don't think I could surpass it.

now I wanna see specs too and i'm not finding anything online

• Locked thread