Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
He has hiccups and is barking at them :v:

https://i.imgur.com/DEiBbCQ.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

tooterfish posted:

First time Mark Hamill has been cast as anything other than an ace pilot.

It's only a bit part.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

nopantsjack posted:

Hey Commandos

Did anything happen since the lawsuit was announced? The thread is bad to form so I'm guessing no?

No. I still maintain my call that, for the purposes of comedy, this lawsuit will be a nothing-:burger: and will silently go away when CIG inevitably settles. Nobody will learn anything and shitizens will assume CryTek actually paid CIG not to expose how hard they got owned for bringing such a frivolous and mean and greedy lawsuit.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Actually I do.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Toops posted:

No. I still maintain my call that, for the purposes of comedy, this lawsuit will be a nothing-:burger: and will silently go away when CIG inevitably settles. Nobody will learn anything and shitizens will assume CryTek actually paid CIG not to expose how hard they got owned for bringing such a frivolous and mean and greedy lawsuit.

I'm gunna try for financial accounting. So, we'll see.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Batgirl’s State of the Game - MFDs, Are They Useful?

(Just a quick summary of the latest video from the ever entertaining Batgirl.)

Batgirl down and out about the game; still bitter about losing access to Ben.

She makes her way to her ship because she wants to talk about MFDs, grousing further about frustrations with being shut out of the CIG loop. (If I recall she at one time spoke of an upcoming interview with Eric Davis which ever seems to have fallen through, as well.) She also notes the crappy frame rate she’s dealing with but plans to power through it so she can offer her critique of MFDs in the game.

BOOM! ”What the hell was that?”

BOOM! “That just doesn’t sound right.”

BOOM! (She ignores it.)

BOOM! (She ignores it.)

Batgirl gets to the heart of her frustration — the game is a labyrinth of unintuitive menus and interfaces that make little sense and produce too much confusing navigation work on the player. Batgirl being an honest to goodness pilot pleads the case for using real world aircraft as a reference point in design.

Batgirl switches to a Flight Sim to show a Cessna 172’s pilot interfaces and use them as a talking point.

Back to Star Citizen. She’s in a Freelancer now.

BOOM! Not long after, she’s in combat, and the flood of battle music completely drowns out her ongoing narration about MFDs.

”But all in all, I think that CIG is doing a great job.” She’s eager to see the next 3 releases this year and glad female models will be in by Q4. (Or so they say, Batgirl.)

Some wrap up comments follow, along with yet more carping about not being able to interview employees. (Legitimate complaint Batgirl, after all, Lando happily joined the Space Bro show for an hour and a half just this week.)

Batgirl adds an emotional postscript. She gives her viewers more context about her withdrawal from the community and recent general silence about the game. Yet even as she does this, she serves up as classic a Batgirl moment as past hits like “death by door button” or “Batgirl the Pilot tries to land a ship.”

It’s the perfect ending and makes me only too happy she’ll be returning to regular broadcasting about the game after this period of understandable hurt feelings along with a testing of her project faith. I look forward to the continuing adventures and musings of Batgirl in the months ahead.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

Which is why I reported it, and had my previous one restored by admins.

Explains the Cloudflare issues.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

his nibs posted:

Imagine being Toast who is MoMA

hosed up if true

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

“Star Citizen” is the plot of “The Producers.”

I thought the exact same thing.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

G0RF posted:

There is too little to be gained this year in so exhausted a marketplace with so damaged a brand, so tired a narrative, so broken a game.

A G0RF effortpost is always a treat, but this sentence is sublime.

Keep typing, you beautiful internet ghost wanderer.

edit - also:

G0RF posted:

Selling an unbelievable future at an unjustifiable price

...should be the thread title when/if (when) they start selling Space Housing.

Trilobite fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 2, 2018

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beexoffel posted:

Finally ground enough federation ranking for a Corvette.

A BFG needs a loud name.

Does this loving game also have VR?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

MedicineHut posted:

This game is the poster-child for VR

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

It's practically the main reason to own it. As a game can be a slog but in VR (with a reasonable hotas) it can stay fun for quite a long time, the implementation is done really well and the mechanics are also well suited for it

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Galarox posted:

But didn't the characters in The Producers actually make something?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Galarox posted:

Okay so another annoying question. But your amazing work tends to provoke those. So what is your preferred instrument when doing these? Do you use a tablet and stylus like a Wacom or do you just mouse it? Also, do you use any custom brushes/filters for your work? I could probably sit and talk with you all day long about how you accomplish your art. But I am really trying to step up my Adobe game and like your sense of aesthetics when it comes to these.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
code:
// Determines which actor is at fault for a collision
// returns true if actor a is at fault, false if actor b is at fault
bool IsBlame(entityActor a, entityActor b)
{
   static IsFirstTime=1;

if (IsFirstTime=1) {
      // NOTE! Make sure this only runs ONCE!  Important!
      IsFirstTime=0;

// NOTE! If you change the table size in BlameInit.c, BlameTbl.h and CheckBlame_SeanFix.c, update the number here!
      InitialiseBlameConfig(GlobalBlameTable,512);
   }

// Try to fix crashing bug with blame table seemingly initialised every time this runs, even though that's impossible.
   uninitialiseBlameConfig(GlobalBlameTable,256);

// if(IsFirstTime==0) - be safe!
   if(0==IsFirstTime)
   {
      // Why is the blame cfg table uninitialised again?  We fixed this twice. - Alan
   }

// Workaround for IsFirstTime being set to impossible values after second run
   // Second workaround - this crashes if we use 512 but works if we use 256, go figure
   // NullFillBlameTable(GlobalBlameTable,512);
   // ReloadBlameTable(GlobalBlameTable,512);
   NullFillBlameTable(GlobalBlameTable,256);
   ReloadBlameTable(GlobalBlameTable,256);

// Sanity check!  Why is this first time issue still happening?  Abort if first time!
   if (1==IsFirstTime)
      return false;

// Workaround for messy Blame table entries in impossible situations - fix works!  DO NOT TOUCH!
   uninitialiseBlameConfig(GlobalBlameTable,256); // Crashed if bigger, but this seems to work
   NullFillBlameTable(GlobalBlameTable,512);
   ReloadBlameTable(GlobalBlameTable,512);

return CheckBlame(a,b,GlobalBlameTable);
}

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Derek and Streetroller fighting is what this thread needs to get through these dark times.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

MedicineHut posted:

It even lets me put CIG legal quotes on my space boats.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Another leaderboard update, and the numbers are dropping faster than Bitcoin. I almost don't trust these numbers and feel like something's wrong, but I haven't changed my methodology and CIG's leaderboard code also hasn't changed as far as I can tell. We report, you decide.

Total concurrent players for Jan 29 through February 1:

Star Marine: 4.5
Arena Commander: 4.3
Murray Cup: 1.6
Total: 10.4

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/ac-is-match-making-broken-or-is-just-noone-playing

quote:

AC... Is match making broken, or is just noone playing?

They have a right to know...

:negative:

Maybe PCGamer or PCinvasion want to run the story!

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

It wouldn't be so dark in here if we got some hot love pledge pre pre alpha aloha footage :colbert:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Are we still codepostin'

code:
while(1) fidelity++;
The only code SC needs

Yes it rolls over, what part of "it's an ALPHA" do you not understand

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Galarox posted:

LMFAO :five:

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

G0RF posted:

G0RFpost

Every time I see a huge wall of text like this I always think 'gently caress that, I'm not reading this wall of drivel,' and keep scrolling. Then I scroll back up to double-check, just in case G0RF posted it.

Seriously, write a book. You're way too entertaining and informative not to.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Derek and Streetroller fighting is what this thread needs to get through these dark times.

If only Dickens chose that line for "Great Expectations".

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He's the warlord this thread deserves, but not the the one it needs right now.
So we'll berate him. Because he always replies. Because he's not our leader. He's a loudmouth shitposter. A doxxing blogger.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

overseer07 posted:

Every time I see a huge wall of text like this I always think 'gently caress that, I'm not reading this wall of drivel,' and keep scrolling. Then I scroll back up to double-check, just in case G0RF posted it.

Seriously, write a book. You're way too entertaining and informative not to.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

"Legacy" armor....

How do you have legacy armor for something that's not even been in the game to be legacy?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

So a tight fitting pair of khakis combined with a cape was good.

Hell those pants are tuckered up tighter than an anus combined with a hemorrhoid.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lladre posted:

"Legacy" armor....

How do you have legacy armor for something that's not even been in the game to be legacy?

Hi, it's me. The super comfy metal straps holding your space soccer pads together behind your knee.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

So a tight fitting pair of khakis combined with a cape was good.

Hell those pants are tuckered up tighter than an anus combined with a hemorrhoid.

I don't recommend doing any EVA's in those pants.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

DapperDon posted:

Actually I do.

"GAMECRUSHER 3.0"
Black holes don't crush, they implode.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cover of the hit Wu-Tang single, Protect Ya Pecs

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lladre posted:

"Legacy" armor....

Antman's first try at a helmet (which he threw away because he was embarassed by it) an old curtain that someone pulled out of a skip,some laser tag armour and a pair of designers wellies and office pants with poo poo stuck to them.

Yup "legacy".

Look at all that needless poo poo on the shoulders,legs,pants.It's like a loving liefeld level of pointless poo poo that does nothing.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 2, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm the lipstick bandolier.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen: picking up the (pristine) slacks

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Renegret posted:

Just trying to look fancy for the camera.

Sometimes at my job I'm tasked with fancying up the office for visits from high ranking executives from other companies, the press, whatever. I have to put up fancy looking graphs, charts, and maps that cover up the actual useful poo poo I use day to day, and my job because 100x more difficult for a day because we have to look good for the onlookers. It loving sucks.

They even made me do it when a bunch of kids toured us for take your child to work day. I was so pissed.

That reminded me of games that had a 'boss key'. If you spied someone important walking your way, you'd hit the key and a dummy spreadsheet would pop up, pausing the game.
Good times.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/geekingsquad/status/959555152989614085

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/noizygamer/status/959532987686715392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Streetroller posted:

I did nothing of the sort, though I can understand your desire to demonize me... a crippled in a wheelchair leaves his house and does things, while you vegetate and vomit diarrhea all over your keyboard.
I can be intimidating.

Savage. I like it. :v: