Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Sometimes, the pubbies that always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory are on the other team: https://streamable.com/broub .

Poor guy just looks so annoyed at it all. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Anybody up for some TC:R6:S?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-318321-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

:tinfoil: I KNEW IT WAS THE GOSH-DANGED ALIENMS

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So we get 3 maps, 2 difficulty settings, and a operator pool limited to:

quote:

This is the list of playable Operators in Outbreak:

• The two new Operation Chimera Operators

• Smoke

• Ying

• Buck

• Kapkan

• Ash

• Doc

• Tachanka

• Glaz

• And last but not least, our faithful Recruit!

That's some decent content, for all the 10 people who will be playing it.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ela not playable in Zombies mode huh

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Watch this all be hype for the new rainbow 6 siege zombies that siphons off developers from this fun game onto a new project

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'd like a single player or coop story based game, a la TC:R6:Vegas

tjones
May 13, 2005
Can't wait to see how they gently caress this up.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I think it will be a fun Siege 4 Dead style diversion. I am looking forward to it.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

tjones posted:

Can't wait to see how they gently caress this up.

They're creating a separate loot pool to prey on all them people who can't handle themselves with loot boxes which is pretty scummy imo

Elite Skins, renown boosters, cosmetic bundles that you can't buy with siege credits for some reason, operator bundles, and season passes. They have monetized this game every which way from Sunday, sprinkling loot crates on top it's an ugly move

And someone said something about how this is taking away dev time... they're not even letting us keep the mode so they can whip it out whenever they want to sell some loot crates

Overall I think less of the corporation making this game after hearing about outbreak

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

keyframe posted:

I think it will be a fun Siege 4 Dead style diversion. I am looking forward to it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I want a ctu operator with a tactical hijab and the other ballistic turban to piss off the idiots on reddit and 4chan

E: oh i missed a page but my post stands.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 2, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I love it when they trigger them redditors and 4channers.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

The Bananana posted:

I'd like a single player or coop story based game, a la TC:R6:Vegas

Yea, at the very least I wish they'd set up some new stuff for co-op. Some new enemies and scenarios for levels and stuff.

The levels all have little details showing failed robberies and stuff, they should do something with that.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

I love it when they trigger them redditors and 4channers.
Give me that Algerian ctu

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDmHadcBDYw

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

I want a ctu operator with a tactical hijab and the other ballistic turban to piss off the idiots on reddit and 4chan

E: oh i missed a page but my post stands.

Valkyrie ?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Krogort posted:

Valkyrie ?

Valkyrie doesn't have a hijab, she has a keffiyeh

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It'd be a shemagh tied up now i think about it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
idk upon closer inspection this material appears to be not of this earth

and these folds? the tint on the sunglasses?

perhaps this is some new tactical clancytech?

perhaps operation outbreak is not the first time we have seen aliens in the clancyverse?

...perhaps echo/lesion cloaking devices are off-world technology?! only ding chavez knows the truth.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

I'm a big fan of 1:59 shot where you tactically deny the human shield to opfor by shooting it btw

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why is the new game mode a limited event?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why is the new game mode a limited event?

Limited time incentivises purchasing cash loot boxes instead of grinding for them.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Because they have run out of "space." Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

tjones posted:

Because they have run out of "space." Lol

someone should tell them space is infinite

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Do bullets penetrate operators? I can't recall ever shooting two people at once.

Do dead bodies shield from gunfire?

tjones
May 13, 2005

Tumble posted:

Do bullets penetrate operators? I can't recall ever shooting two people at once.

Not sure of the definite answer, but I don't believe bullets do penetrate. That being said, I'm fairly sure bodies are client side and aren't always in the same position for all client's pov.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fart Car '97 posted:

Limited time incentivises purchasing cash loot boxes instead of grinding for them.

Except you can't grind for them

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Yeah I'm actually hyped as hell for a new PVE game mode but them putting in all this effort for a 4 week event seems really bizarre.

tjones posted:

Not sure of the definite answer, but I don't believe bullets do penetrate. That being said, I'm fairly sure bodies are client side and aren't always in the same position for all client's pov.

They made a big effort to move all client-side stuff server-side during Health (or at least announced they would, but I think it's one of the things that made it in) so I think you can hide behind bodies effectively now. I've definitely used it a couple of times, and yes they definitely block bullets.

I don't know 110% that bullets don't penetrate multiple living people but in like 700 hours of this game I've literally never seen it so I would be extremely surprised.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Koramei posted:

They made a big effort to move all client-side stuff server-side during Health (or at least announced they would, but I think it's one of the things that made it in) so I think you can hide behind bodies effectively now. I've definitely used it a couple of times, and yes they definitely block bullets.

Well well well. Now low-level Castle players have become twice as useful in my eyes.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Tumble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmhxAGAjks8&t=292s

Bodies do, but I don't know by how much, it would be something to test.

edit: rip drone hole trick.

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 2, 2018

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Whoah I had no idea. I wonder if the slug shotgun does the same.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I love when my entire team dies and I can clutch on Blitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FRT9iaDaqI

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I could swear I've seen a double headshot before but it could have just been two bullets.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

keyframe posted:

Same. Love a good co-op horde mode.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I'm looking forward to the mode, too. I just wanted it to be permanent, can you imagine if activision limited zombies to one month in call of duty? Rough

Also, this is clip of me that I think epitomizes Siege, an extremely toxic random person and feel-good clutching

https://streamable.com/ys1w9

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Penpal posted:

I'm looking forward to the mode, too. I just wanted it to be permanent, can you imagine if activision limited zombies to one month in call of duty? Rough

Also, this is clip of me that I think epitomizes Siege, an extremely toxic random person and feel-good clutching

https://streamable.com/ys1w9

Noice

Also, good job using mute.

I now main Mute and Fuze.

I have gotten much better.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Those are the two elites I've been eyeing after getting enough credits to afford one, but I kinda want the Thatcher so I'm going to sit on them for a bit

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I keep hovering around low bronze, high copper... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Overheard on pubs: "I almost got an Alpha Pack! What are the odds?!"