Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
At some point it's just...not learning right? Someone has to have linked the video on how to lock the circle. I think I'm 35/50 on the stupid whale, best is only a 91% though. I'll help people throw, mostly the multi-accounters, but it takes a throw or 2 to get used to different screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qdjCk-cT08

e: VVV XP plus a useful legendary. I like hanging out with the PoGo players around here, but the group gets smaller and smaller each time. Lack of interest and spoofers mostly. I finally hit lv 40, and my playtime has gone way down.

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I don't understand the motivation for trying to capture 50 goddamn whales, holy poo poo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't understand the motivation for trying to capture 50 goddamn whales, holy poo poo.

Sounds like someone doesn't want to be the very best

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Candies? XP? EX Raid hopes? I have done no where near that many, but there are some reasons I suppose.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I never bothered with past l5s beyond one catch but now I want the rare candies since it's taking so long to get milotic, let alone flygon

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Prop Wash posted:

0/0 on both, no Pokémon gods, no Pokémon masters

0/0 on all legendaries. Rural players represent :cool:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
When i finally joined the Kroger club, I basically swore off doing that dumb raid again.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

seiferguy posted:

When i finally joined the Kroger club, I basically swore off doing that dumb raid again.

Did you bring a Groupon?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm 2/3 for murder whales.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I've yet to see or hatch a single Trapinch, I don't wanna think about the candies I'll need to get that sweet sweet flygon.

Gonna name the first one I get Snatch, we'll have good times

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
It's been way easier to hit Kyogre ever since the fix, even easier to hit than a Rhyhorn. I wish everyone would take a crash course on curve ball throwing because the slashing arc of the ball covers a lot more area than a straight throw. I think someone in here said that even a normal Pokeball with a curveball Nice throw has a better catch rate than straight throw, no circle bonus Ultra ball. Wish there was a nice infographic for this but I can't find one that combines ball catch rate and curveball bonus.

It's one of the best legendaries we're gonna get for a while so a lot of people around my area are constantly hunting for a better IV one. Definitely moreso than any of the legendary birds and beasts, although everyone wished they could have hunted for more Raikou back then if we knew it was the only worthwhile counter for Kyogre. I can only boast a 93% as my best Kyogre catch but I'll still be happy if this is as good as I get. I'm content with the fact that you can't really hunt for perfect legendaries the way you can hunt for a perfect collection of normal Pokemon. Can't wait until Kyogre raids are over though so I can finally do a rare candy dump on my best Kyogre and free up item space.

Also I'm 22 for 33 on this big Shamu.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Away all Goats posted:

Just be glad your not this guy from my chat group

He eventually got one when someone offered to catch for him at the next raid

That image is exactly why I've never done a legendary raid after the initial weekend.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Willsun posted:

It's been way easier to hit Kyogre ever since the fix, even easier to hit than a Rhyhorn. I wish everyone would take a crash course on curve ball throwing because the slashing arc of the ball covers a lot more area than a straight throw. I think someone in here said that even a normal Pokeball with a curveball Nice throw has a better catch rate than straight throw, no circle bonus Ultra ball. Wish there was a nice infographic for this but I can't find one that combines ball catch rate and curveball bonus.

It's one of the best legendaries we're gonna get for a while so a lot of people around my area are constantly hunting for a better IV one. Definitely moreso than any of the legendary birds and beasts, although everyone wished they could have hunted for more Raikou back then if we knew it was the only worthwhile counter for Kyogre. I can only boast a 93% as my best Kyogre catch but I'll still be happy if this is as good as I get. I'm content with the fact that you can't really hunt for perfect legendaries the way you can hunt for a perfect collection of normal Pokemon. Can't wait until Kyogre raids are over though so I can finally do a rare candy dump on my best Kyogre and free up item space.

Also I'm 22 for 33 on this big Shamu.

Bullcrap dude, I've done everything right with curves and catch bonuses and this drat whale doesn't want to stay in that loving ball, you just have dumb luck my friend, don't penalize others for their poor fortunes.

The update brought him closer and that's it, it doesn't get Shamu over here to stop moving left or right instead of staying in the center like Groudon did, and not having that AR+ for Android really smarts when iPhone users have a huge catch advantage on a legendary that probably won't show up again at least until a year+ from now

Catching this drat whale is still a huge pain for most players is what I'm saying, don't downplay it

White Light fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 3, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah I was hitting Excellent curves with golden razzes. Lol @ "git gud."

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Pomplamoose posted:

Did you bring a Groupon?

Groupon = Groudon

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I'm just the guy who is very last to throw all my balls. It's painful to wait to make sure I always hit it, but at least every shot is a guaranteed great curve. Still RNG if I catch it but at least I'm giving myself the best chance at it that I can.

I hardly get out to raid legendaries and I'm 3/5 and my kid is 2/5, but I know I'm just lucky. Best one is 15/15/10 so I'm plenty happy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah I was hitting Excellent curves with golden razzes. Lol @ "git gud."

Git bettur

it’s literally RNG/probability, nothing anybody can do

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Parrotine posted:

Catching this drat whale is still a huge pain for most players is what I'm saying, don't downplay it

I'm not downplaying it. I know all legendaries are hard to catch. I'm just saying I still see tons of people who don't know or learn to throw curveballs and it's in the game that it helps up the chance for catching and I was making the point that the slashing curve of a curveball covers more area to hit the stupid whale.

I don't know where in my post you're getting the point I'm "penalizing others for their poor fortunes." Like dude, I know Kyogre's hard to catch. Just trying to help but feel free to keep melting down I guess.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
What's the best lineup for EX Raid gym defense?

Blissey
Gardevoir
Snorlax
Slaking
?
Chansey

Thinking Vaporeon or Milotic or Donphan in the 5 slot

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dr Tran posted:

Blissey
Gardevoir
Snorlax
Slaking
?
Chansey

A themed gym.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Just got an alert about a Dragonite spawn at the end of the road but was busy being an adult with a family so didn't catch it. Pokémon is a young man's game.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

I love this, and gently caress the people who see an all but one Eeveeloution gym and throw in a loving Snorlax.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Cowslips Warren posted:

I love this, and gently caress the people who see an all but one Eeveeloution gym and throw in a loving Snorlax.
Seriously. The proper answer is "Shuckle".

Shuckles are themed gym wild cards. That's the rule.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 4, 2018

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Cowslips Warren posted:

I always follow a theme if I can but if you're driving past you don't have more than a second to pick something and click through the dumb dialog before you'll be out of range.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So there was a snafu at a Mewtwo raid today. Was held at a Sprint at the local mall. But see, there are two Sprints there at opposite ends of the mall, and one set of elevators and escalators are down and have been for a month.

Discord chat set up, and 2-3 people chimed in that they'd be about 10 minutes off, and to please wait. Standard protocol is to set a start time, but somehow that failed to happen, and the group from Discord already there decided to jump in with about 5 other people who had shown up. End result was the 3 people got to the wrong Sprint, ran to the right Sprint, texting the entire time, and arrived to the right gym right as they were trying to catch him.

Needless to say a lot of people are pissed off at the idiots who ignored basic texts. The Discord head dude said he'd kick out the people who went ahead and did the raid and ignored the texts if this happened again.

Any news on a V Day event? I am hoping for double candy, I got like 40 sloths to turn in.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
No news on the event (Niantic? News? haha) but most people I know around here assume it'll be luvdiscs literally everywhere and we're all hoping for double candy.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

So there was a snafu at a Mewtwo raid today. Was held at a Sprint at the local mall. But see, there are two Sprints there at opposite ends of the mall, and one set of elevators and escalators are down and have been for a month.

Discord chat set up, and 2-3 people chimed in that they'd be about 10 minutes off, and to please wait. Standard protocol is to set a start time, but somehow that failed to happen, and the group from Discord already there decided to jump in with about 5 other people who had shown up. End result was the 3 people got to the wrong Sprint, ran to the right Sprint, texting the entire time, and arrived to the right gym right as they were trying to catch him.

Needless to say a lot of people are pissed off at the idiots who ignored basic texts. The Discord head dude said he'd kick out the people who went ahead and did the raid and ignored the texts if this happened again.

Any news on a V Day event? I am hoping for double candy, I got like 40 sloths to turn in.

Sounds like the late comers were spoofers if they went to the wrong Sprint store?

The local admin spoofer here got an ex pass at his neighborhood gym. Told ppl to show up at 2:30, tagged a spoofer at 2:38 he's running late. 2:40 ppl lobby up and he gets left out.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

considering the story has them arriving in person, I'm not sure about that interpretation

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Psion posted:

considering the story has them arriving in person, I'm not sure about that interpretation

Maybe they arrived via astral projection, did you think about that?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I had a 2311 Kyogre run today, but at least my wife caught one!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I did three EX raids today.

1) Raiding for a friend. Everybody went in 15 minutes after hatch. Teams were sorted out so everybody got maximum balls. Bunch of folks got their first Mewtwo. Yay! Then a guy shows up 25 minutes late. Can't be helped.

2) Main account. Everybody went in 15 minutes after hatch. Went in as one group because another group went at hatch. Had to do two dropouts because of errors. One guy shows up late but is saved by other's errors. Raid is finished. I got a 15/15/11 and was super happy.

This guy was at my raid. He solo'd it on ten devices.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/7prir4/youre_by_yourself_at_a_raid_and_then_this_guy/

3) This was the worst. My 2nd account. We got there and everyone went as one big group because they had a 2nd raid to go to. There was enough people to split up, but some guy had already taken charge and insisted on one group. They went at hatch. A guy shows up 5 minutes late and is left out. I'm not raiding in Santa Clarita ever again.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Blissey
Gardevoir
Snorlax
Slaking
?
Chansey

If you're going by overall bulk (HP x defense) the 'best' defenders that will take the longest to beat are
Blissey
Chansey
Snorlax
Slaking
Steelix
Umbreon

but obviously those are all weak to fighting, hence the gardevoir but other than always putting blissey first, just coordinate with your team so you don't reach the berry feeding limit Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

0/3

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I caught a 100IV Aron.

It’s level 1. :negative:

Maybe evolve it and keep it at level 1 the whole time?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

That would be better if we could see the names of other pokemon, so people could see like "100% ARON" as a 60-CP aggro or whatever.

In general I would like to see the names of other pokemon. I get why not, but also I don't, because if you use profanity then Niantic can just ban you. And it's not like they care about profanity in usernames, or at least I haven't seen them bother to ban anyone for it. There were even a couple of dudes running around with Nazi poo poo in their usernames for a while.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Just hatched a Trapinch! :woop:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It would be a 42cp aggron if the calculator I used is accurate. And while I agree in this case being able to see the name I gave it would help the joke generally I don’t want to see other people’s names of Pokémon overall. I can live with everyone else not knowing it’s a 100 for that trade.

LumpyGumby posted:

Nice! Did it come with a lot of candy too?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

LumpyGumby posted:

I've hatched two and hatched an Anorith from a 5k this morning. Nice to get actual rare poo poo from eggs.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Psion posted:

Nice! Did it come with a lot of candy too?

16 total, needs 25 to evolve and I'm assuming 100 for it's final. Might switch out my Wailmer buddy for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Seeing like 98% of names showing off IV percentage is going to be boring as hell. If it does become a thing and people know others can see it, then the pool is going to turn more into profanity or promoting Twitter account names and I'd rather Niantic not waste time on policing through word filters or filing through tons of reports of local drama where Pokemon names are calling other players a bitch or something.

"That 3200cp Blissey at the most used gym downtown is named FuckJman5 please ban him he is using golden razzberries to keep it alive"

Willsun fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 4, 2018

• Locked thread