Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

oh no he didn't die a third time did he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Who says no?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yadvkvqk

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

chunkles posted:

I wish I could average 28 pts in an nba playoff series while slacking off and not really trying

I wish I could semi-consistently make layups when trying really loving hard

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The best I've ever seen LeBron play was in the several finals that he lost. There were parts of those Spurs games and the GSW matchups, especially last year, especially towards the end of the games when they're far behind and he starts ignoring his team on offense and pushes right to the basket. Nobody can do a thing about him but he can't play all five spots on defense.

The 2014 Spurs especially you could watch them treat LeBron on defense as a passing dead zone. Try to find him on the court in these possessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4hxm6DDTFs

Ginobili and Duncan are the only two people who'll even touch the ball near him, because he's terrifying and he will take the ball away.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

better question is who says yes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just remembered niko was talking about how rondo was his favorite teammate, i cna't wait to see rondo turn on him in a bizarre 11th-dimension power play

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Even if this is artisinally machined titanium that unscrews into segments for storage there's no way it should cost 25,000. Red Panda is scamming the Warriors

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zogo posted:

This makes up for the time ownership said they couldn't afford to pay for a parade (even though the parade costed ~a few courtside tickets to a GSW playoff game).

On one hand, the cost of the estimated clean-up kept going up so they have a right to be suspicious. On the other hand, it's not exactly an unheard of thing for rich douchebags to have their cake and eat it too by making benevolent sounding promises to adoring crowds and then flipping direction later on when they actually have to pay

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at least we're spared the agony of watching Red Panda, after futilely searching for her stolen unicycle, desperately grab one and pedal away only to be arrested for the very same crime

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Even if this is artisinally machined titanium that unscrews into segments for storage there's no way it should cost 25,000. Red Panda is scamming the Warriors

That 25k is covered by like 6 people sitting in the front row I am sure they will manage

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

dokmo posted:

Here is an edit of every Denver goaltend. There must be a better way to spend my time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2lggrfyFw

Seems like about half of these are done by a Plumlee

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Duggler posted:

That 25k is covered by like 6 people sitting in the front row I am sure they will manage

I'm not worried about the warriors, I'm just saying, that price is suspect. Either red panda is getting ripped off by a botique bike shop/machinist or she's overstating the cost of this one wheeled vehicle!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ben Simmons gonna dunk on Dragic so hard he's unable to go to the All Star game

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Our top story tonight: Price fixing and monopolies driving up the price of 7 foot tall unicycles. How one internet forum poster discovered this dark world of single wheel...but no morals high stakes sales tactics.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can feel it...doc is going to unleash boban

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

She's no Tanya Harding

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/959578279417122817

e: lmao, i thought he would never be able to play pro ball again outside of China

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/959578279417122817

e: lmao, i thought he would never be able to play pro ball again outside of China

Why do I feel like the Pelicans keep releasing and rehiring the same players over and over again

Is that based in reality or am I losing my mind

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The New Orleans Pelicans: stealing from china

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Why do I feel like the Pelicans keep releasing and rehiring the same players over and over again

Is that based in reality or am I losing my mind

Yeah they've done it a lot, because they lose half their roster to injuries each year, so they sign the same fringe guys, probably for continuity's sake

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah they've done it a lot, because they lose half their roster to injuries each year, so they sign the same fringe guys, probably for continuity's sake

Yeah that makes sense. Is the New Orleans floor slippery or are their trainers bad or is it just the worst luck in the world? This is a question to rival the tootsie pop

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Terrence: Listen, I will sign with you again if you NEVER SIGN THAT FUCKER DONATAS

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah that makes sense. Is the New Orleans floor slippery or are their trainers bad or is it just the worst luck in the world? This is a question to rival the tootsie pop

They built the stadium over a graveyard in voodoo country. I dunno what else was expected.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

it has been cursed by tom thibodeaux

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm not worried about the warriors, I'm just saying, that price is suspect. Either red panda is getting ripped off by a botique bike shop/machinist or she's overstating the cost of this one wheeled vehicle!

Insurance scam/one last job that went wrong and now she's in too deep

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm worried for the warriors because I believe in basketball hell

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

http://instreetclothes.com/category/nba/

http://instreetclothes.com/2017/04/18/reviewing-injury-totals-2016-17-nba-regular-season/

Theyre near the top in the last few yars

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
lol

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/959600989207605248

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

literally the defining image/narrative of that last team is how old and broken and shallow the whole team was outside of LeBron, and how he looked like he was going to die trying to beat that whirring buzzsaw of a Spurs offense alone

the Heat front office are a bunch of dickheads

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mandrel posted:

literally the defining image/narrative of that last team is how old and broken and shallow the whole team was outside of LeBron, and how he looked like he was going to die trying to beat that whirring buzzsaw of a Spurs offense alone

sounds familiar :thunk:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Cool Buff Man posted:

A ton of it is freak injury occurrence stuff. Like teammates concussing each other. Backs getting broken by other players. Nearly dying to a bacterial infection overseas then later developing something like Crohn's. Dunking too hard causing your hand to break. Hiding extent of knee injury of team. Undisclosed lower leg injuries from a previous team. Probably some more that I have forgotten, too.

Then there is some that may be related to either trainers or overuse, like Cousins.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I dunno what's going on but I'd just like to say that Spurs team is more about how good that Spurs team was and not lebron
That buzzsaw would've destroyed every warriors team and every team in history that will ever appear
Vince staples knows Kawhi survived an attempted assassination

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Also one of their players decided to kick in his girlfriend's door, accidentally kicked in the wrong door and got shot dead

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

EvanTH posted:

Also one of their players decided to kick in his girlfriend's door, accidentally kicked in the wrong door and got shot dead

Oh yeah, that, too.

e: not sure if "DNP: Dead" appeared on the injury report, though

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Terry Rozier has really responded to starting for Kyrie the last couple games. Triple double in the first and 31 points in the second on 11/18 and 6/8 from deep.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Terry Rozier has really responded to starting for Kyrie the last couple games. Triple double in the first and 31 points in the second on 11/18 and 6/8 from deep.

Danny Ainge is always right.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Lol Leslie kept the championship trophies

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...m_medium=social

Guess we just gotta win some new ones :getin:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Danny Ainge is always right.

People started realizing Ainge was right about the same time Trump became president. Coincidence? Hell timeline?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Do the Sixers know NBA games are 4 quarters, not 3?

I'm not sure they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

fucks sake

• Locked thread