Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

You son of a bitch

Remember the time I posted a picture of my dvd collection and had all five seasons of Sliders?

They're still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember the time I posted a picture of my dvd collection and had all five seasons of Sliders?

They're still there.

MONSTER

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

spudsbuckley posted:

Um, Gran Turismo is out for ps4 now.

Gran Turismo Sport is out for ps4 now.

Not really what I wanted.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

IRQ posted:

Gran Turismo Sport is out for ps4 now.

Not really what I wanted.

Yeah, if you don't care about esports, then Gran Turismo Sport basically offers nothing of value.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

So Netflix's expensive tentpole show dropped today and it is nowhere on the app. I figured it would at least be in the “new releases” column but nope, it was not on my frontpage at all. Their app is so bad at letting you know what's new, if you look at the recently released section, they have poo poo from 6 months ago.

The volume is so low on Netflix i had to download the show so i could boost the sound on my video player.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I started to watch Altered Carbon when my wife got off work and we were in bed.

That show is way too loud to watch while someone is trying to sleep next to you.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Has anyone made an Altered Carbon thread yet? I would do it but I’m stuck phoneposting for the time being. I love this so far. Kinnaman is exactly how I pictured Kovacs (in Ryker’s body) when I read the book back in the day.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Has anyone made an Altered Carbon thread yet?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847981

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Thanks! Not having control-f on the awful app makes it easy for me to miss threads when I’m looking.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jesse Alexander, whose credits include working with Bryan Fuller on 'Hannibal' and 'Star Trek: Discovery,' will run the Starz and Fremantle drama alongside Neil Gaiman.

American Gods season 2.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
AP Bio is great

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

I've heard of Maroon 5 too, couldn't tell you anything about them other than it's rap.

lol

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

precision posted:

AP Bio is great

I liked the first two episodes, but if they don't make a few changes its gonna get real annoying real fast. Like the main character is a little too over the top. His smugness needs to be a little more subtle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maroon 5 seems like a weird thing to be having the "out of touch" argument over. Like, Songs About Jane was like 15 years ago. The Voice has been on for near a decade. You just haven't been paying attention for awhile.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

STAC Goat posted:

Maroon 5 seems like a weird thing to be having the "out of touch" argument over. Like, Songs About Jane was like 15 years ago. The Voice has been on for near a decade. You just haven't been paying attention for awhile.

meanwhile the concept of "making a joke" has been around for millennia

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

less laughter posted:

meanwhile the concept of "making a joke" has been around for millennia

Four millennia actually...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-joke-odd/worlds-oldest-joke-traced-back-to-1900-bc-idUSKUA14785120080801

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Altered Carbon: Sci Fi Nudity: The Show

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maroon 5 are not terrible.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Gonz posted:

Altered Carbon: Sci Fi Nudity: The Show

Sold

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Maroon 5 are not terrible.

Songs About Jane is actually a very good album.

The rest of their albums, not so much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maroon 5 had a song that was like 75% other musicians and a didgeridoo. On some level I had to appreciate a mainstream pop song with a didgeridoo.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

swickles posted:

I liked the first two episodes, but if they don't make a few changes its gonna get real annoying real fast. Like the main character is a little too over the top. His smugness needs to be a little more subtle.

First 2? I thought they only released the pilot last night and the season actually starts in a month?

By the way, does anybody know why NBC broadcast sitcoms OTA last night but had an episode of Jimmy Fallon streaming during those time slots on DTVNow?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SmokinDan posted:

The rest of their albums, not so much.

The original cut of This Love is fantastic.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

First 2? I thought they only released the pilot last night and the season actually starts in a month?

By the way, does anybody know why NBC broadcast sitcoms OTA last night but had an episode of Jimmy Fallon streaming during those time slots on DTVNow?

First three episodes are on Hulu.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Altered Carbon ramps up the nudity from Sens8 s1 (haven’t seen s2) but it makes perfect sense in-world. There’s not really unnecessary nudity other than 1 sex scene.

The way that some reviewers think any sexual violence is unacceptable is hilarious, like they need to offer fake outrage or people won’t take them seriously.

Yeah, not facing our underlying racism and just ignoring it during the Obama years has worked really well since then.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 3, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SmokinDan posted:

Maroon 5, Matchbox 20, and One Republic all have the same thing going for them in that I should hate them but they write such such goddamn good just-barely-not-pop pop songs that I can’t help but unironically enjoy them. “Harder To Breathe” is the best boy band song ever written.

Also, this is your reminder that the Backstreet Boys’ “Larger Than Life” and Bob Jovi’s “It’s My Life” are the same goddamn song.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Finally got started on the second season of One Day at a Time and I’ve been laughing like an idiot through all three episodes.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

lelandjs posted:

Maroon 5, Matchbox 20, and One Republic all have the same thing going for them in that I should hate them but they write such such goddamn good just-barely-not-pop pop songs that I can’t help but unironically enjoy them. “Harder To Breathe” is the best boy band song ever written.

Also, this is your reminder that the Backstreet Boys’ “Larger Than Life” and Bob Jovi’s “It’s My Life” are the same goddamn song.

It also helps that the Rob Thomas makes great TV shows :haw:.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Finally got started on the second season of One Day at a Time and I’ve been laughing like an idiot through all three episodes.
The scene with Elena's friends and their non-binary pronouns was fantastic. This season was great with a lot of Emmy-worthy stuff at the end.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Yer Burnt posted:

The scene with Elena's friends and their non-binary pronouns was fantastic. This season was great with a lot of Emmy-worthy stuff at the end.

I'm up to the lockdown episode and all the stuff with Elena trying to figure out how to connect with her girlfriend is just adorable. I'd say that Elena in general has just been great, but this whole cast has just been stepping up. The only complaint I have so far (I haven't gotten to the part where this episode is supposed to turn into a clunky gun control debate) is that Schneider is a little much sometimes, but he's still not even half as obnoxious as he could've been.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Up to S3 of Banshee now, how does this show keep getting better? Also: Fat Au owns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Popelmon posted:

Up to S3 of Banshee now, how does this show keep getting better? Also: Fat Au owns.

Oh man, so close to Nola/Burton...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So is Rose McGowan right? Is this some conspiracy that goes all the way to the top? Because that wouldn't be all that surprising given what's taken place in the past couple months.

Big piece on Uma Thurman today. She also blames the CAA people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/this-is-why-uma-thurman-is-angry.html

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Rhyno posted:

Oh man, so close to Nola/Burton...

what the gently caress

Okay let me elaborate:
Holy loving poo poo.

Really did not expect it to end like that, what a fantastic scene.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 3, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's the most metal fight in television history.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Seriously. That fight made the Mountain/Oberon fight from GoT look like amateur hour. And the camera work is just fantastic.

Edit: Ahahaha taser gloves. That episode is nuts.

Edit: drat the fat guy. How do you fit so much amazing poo poo into one episode?

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 3, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
SAVOR IT!

How do you enjoy Bunker? The world's second angriest man, who works for the world's angriest man.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stare:

I seriously hope she turns into The Bride IRL and takes violent revenge on everyone who's wronged her

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New unconfirmed reports are saying that an additional reason Fuller and Green left American Gods was their butting heads with Neil Gaiman over the direction the series was headed. Probably true because Gaiman has already said there was a fight about the first episode where Fuller wanted Shadow to have sex with Laura's friend after the funeral instead of turning her down. With Gaiman having to put his foot down saying that it was absolutely against Shadow's character to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I support this guy over Neil Gaiman