Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
dark souls III suffers due to fromsoft thinking that the bloodborne style gameplay is what people wanted again but forgetting to add the rally system to it (or poise)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Bloodborne is almost perfect but it has the worst pvp in the series because it basically never loving happened

Speaking of which, the DS1 remaster is going to be a real clusterfuck if they don't import the DS3 invasion mechanics. People who complained about invasions in that game would of been utterly demolished in DS1.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They shouldn't bring in the ds3 invasion mechanics because they made PvP rear end.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

In Training posted:

They shouldn't bring in the ds3 invasion mechanics because they made PvP rear end.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They made invasions pretty miserable for invaders but DS1 has the opposite problem. Its really easy to be a huge scummy rear end in a top hat in DS1 because there's no restriction on equipment, only soul level. You can invade the Burg with a maxed out weapon and oneshot people.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just killed bort of the voreal valley and am having a good time with dark souls 3 so far

it's weird though because the enemies are really aggressive bloodborne style but there's no rally so i constantly feel like i'm chugging estus when i shouldn't have to

learning the shield break on the longsword attack for knocking apart the lothric knights was a game changer though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's always weird when people talk about rallying being really important in bloodborne because I always felt like it was a trap. Whenever I tried to be aggressive to take advantage of it I'd just get whalloped by the enemy I was trying to hit

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love all my Souls games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I never felt like rallying was needed in DS3. I wish they had kept the more deliberate, slower estus animation and balanced the game more around it. Healing had a lot of weight in DS2 and I liked that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

It's always weird when people talk about rallying being really important in bloodborne because I always felt like it was a trap. Whenever I tried to be aggressive to take advantage of it I'd just get whalloped by the enemy I was trying to hit

i mean you don't want to be using it to eat attacks that would knock you down or take off half your health bar or anything but it means you can aggressively trade blows with enemies and not be worn down by attrition

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

They made invasions pretty miserable for invaders but DS1 has the opposite problem. Its really easy to be a huge scummy rear end in a top hat in DS1 because there's no restriction on equipment, only soul level. You can invade the Burg with a maxed out weapon and oneshot people.

Good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I still like the slower, more deliberate combat that resulted from DS1's decision to make dodging spend a ton of stamina

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rallying would probably work too well combined with shields since any minor chip damage taken could be healed. You would just aim for the shield with the highest stability and use it to block everything. Doesn't matter if you take a bit of damage since it can just be healed off whatever dealt it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I liked people trolling darksidephil in DS1 with armor breaking weapons.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

Rallying would probably work too well combined with shields since any minor chip damage taken could be healed. You would just aim for the shield with the highest stability and use it to block everything. Doesn't matter if you take a bit of damage since it can just be healed off whatever dealt it.

it's a fair point but the last soulsborne game i played was bloodborne and so it's taken me a bit to readjust to not having rally and having shields be useful and having parries suck poo poo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ah man, I turned on assist mode in Celeste to get one trophy and now my save file is forever marked saying I turned on assist mode. From what I can tell it makes no difference what so ever but still :negative:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
i love ds1 and one of my favorite gaming memories is doing a sl1 playthrough including the dlc and just invading the undead burg with my dark hands and +10 pyromancy as a dragon-headed fire keeper. The later games locking invasions behind weapon upgrade levels just killed all the fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The worst thing about DS3 were the multiphase boss fights, having to constantly beat the earlier phases to get to the stuff you were actually stuck on sucked.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wait did the donkey kong guy really try to sue Regular Show

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Ah man, I turned on assist mode in Celeste to get one trophy and now my save file is forever marked saying I turned on assist mode. From what I can tell it makes no difference what so ever but still :negative:

Just make another save file!

Change the name to Radeline :cool:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Guys, guys, guys!

I got my first chicken dinner in the PUBG. It was very tense & satisfying. Just thought everyone in this thread should be the 1st to know.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mordja posted:

Guys, guys, guys!

I got my first chicken dinner in the PUBG. It was very tense & satisfying. Just thought everyone in this thread should be the 1st to know.

Stop playing PUBG

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Internet Kraken posted:

Stop playing PUBG
No.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should be playing Siege instead.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is there anything more multiplayer fun that pubg right now?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Overwatch

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is bad. See what I did there?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

People got legit mad that you couldn't get shining stars in Mario 3D Land if you ever touched the golden tanuki.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
posting

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

Is good. Get it now??

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

al-azad posted:

People got legit mad that you couldn't get shining stars in Mario 3D Land if you ever touched the golden tanuki.

It wasn't if you touched the Golden Tanooki, it was if it ever appeared in your game :mad:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

is there anything more multiplayer fun that pubg right now?

Splatoon 2, DBFZ, Rev2, UNIST, NPB, ST, TF2, TF2, Friday the 13th, my rear end, CSGO

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Saw credits in Celeste and wow, that might be one of the greatest platformers I've ever played. Wow! I love it!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

[citation needed]

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Splatoon 2 IS good. I need to play this weekend and see what they did to that awful, awful mall.

Overwatch is also fun I think [thinks about how the last time I booted up Overwatch was to buy the new cat girl D.Va skin with ingame currency and then instantly shut it off]

Yeah, it;s fun

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It wasn't if you touched the Golden Tanooki, it was if it ever appeared in your game :mad:

git gud

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2, DBFZ, Rev2, UNIST, NPB, ST, TF2, TF2, Friday the 13th, my rear end, CSGO

tf2 over pubg? yikes man that poo poo is like 100 years old. I don't have splatoon 2 yet, so maybe I'll buy that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

tf2 over pubg? yikes man that poo poo is like 100 years old. I don't have splatoon 2 yet, so maybe I'll buy that

They meant the other TF2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
god Titanfall 2 was very good. I didn't even play it, I just smoked weed and watch my friends stream it.

great game

• Locked thread