Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Do the Sixers know NBA games are 4 quarters, not 3?

I'm not sure they do

I'm becoming more convinced that they need some type of defensive stopper on the bench.

https://twitter.com/DidTheSixersWin/status/959631966088974336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Terry Rozier has really responded to starting for Kyrie the last couple games. Triple double in the first and 31 points in the second on 11/18 and 6/8 from deep.

It's funny how we (I) say we should wait 3 years to judge whether someone is an NBA player but if they're mentioned a lot in year one and two without success they just become another guy. Maybe Rozier is good, I don't know

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm becoming more convinced that they need some type of defensive stopper on the bench.

https://twitter.com/DidTheSixersWin/status/959631966088974336

Ben Simmons is the best sixer I've seen since Barkley/Dr j/ Moses era

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no one is more excited for the return of omer than stacey king
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QufNB4lhohU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

Ben Simmons is the best sixer I've seen since Barkley/Dr j/ Moses era

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Anthony Davis is now the all-time leading Pelicans scorer, passing David West.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's Better than embiid and I love embiid more then anything

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I also considered posting a 76ers Jrue Holiday all-stars picture

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

insanity

although in ben i do see that same autistic Kobe personality and work ethic so who knows where he'll be in a few years

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

insanity

although in ben i do see that same autistic Kobe personality and work ethic so who knows where he'll be in a few years

If you're evaluating based on injury factor then yeah probably. I've been loving stunned by his defense. I know having a rim protector helps, but it's not just passable/solid; it's pretty drat good.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Do the Sixers know NBA games are 4 quarters, not 3?

I'm not sure they do

on the sixers subreddit today someone posted that the sixers are the 3rd best team in the league in the first half and the 27th best team in the second half lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jota posted:

insanity

Yeah that's what I'm talking about

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

Anthony Davis is now the all-time leading Pelicans scorer, passing David West.

So they count from the first season in New Orleans? Do they count the Oklahoma season? The Hornets keep the carolina stats? Confused I am confused

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
me when someone says ben simmons is better than joel embiid

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Jota posted:

me when someone says ben simmons is better than joel embiid

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

euphronius posted:

Lmao no

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

You're watching too many games and confusing basketball iq and improbable skill plays for demonstrable production, it's a fair confusion to have. Embiid do more for team win. Simmons does more strange impossible basketball rather than having perfect touch and agility around the basket like Joel

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Don't worry once they got a bunch of rings liking manu more than Timmy becomes defensible

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Don't worry once they got a bunch of rings liking manu more than Timmy becomes defensible

Personally, I would vote for Manu to become supreme leader of my country.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Dejan Bimble posted:

So they count from the first season in New Orleans? Do they count the Oklahoma season? The Hornets keep the carolina stats? Confused I am confused

They keep all the NOP, NOH, and NOK (ugghhh) stats. I don't think they keep the NOJ stats.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Personally, I would vote for Manu to become supreme leader of my country.
Yeah he's my all time favorite spur. He was still making my day as recently as Laaaaast yeaaaaaar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjUgDgcAIXY
That's even more profound than Christian and scooby

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Great picture of THJ from tonight:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lots of Allen Iverson disrespect on this page

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

All Time greatest sixer is Eric Snow

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lots of Allen Iverson disrespect on this page

You mean the poor man's Kyrie Irving?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spite posted:

You mean the poor man's Kyrie Irving?

That really helps me understand teens and tweens love of Kyrie. He's like Iverson for their generation, not actually the best player, but he's small and does crazy stuff that they could do if they worked really hard. He's a relatable figure, Kyrie's also become retarded via instagram posts, which is something teens share.

Insight you'll only get in NBA NV

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yeah but AI was pure early aughts street ball not twenty teen pseudo intellectual

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah but AI was pure early aughts street ball not twenty teen pseudo intellectual

Well tweens of today aren't allowed in the streets period

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Kyrie being iverson for kids these days is depressing, he just likes show tunes and trolling people where's the attitude man
Don't tell me kids these days like to practice. Don't play for Tyronn lue, step over Tyronn lue. That's the only way to live.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kyrie clowning Brandon Knight is pretty close to stepping over Lue I guess

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Kyrie being iverson for kids these days is depressing, he just likes show tunes and trolling people where's the attitude man
Don't tell me kids these days like to practice. Don't play for Tyronn lue, step over Tyronn lue. That's the only way to live.

Think of how many legitimately 'hard' guys are in the NBA. Majority of the players are lower middle class the sons of a school principal and a sheriff's deputy. If not that, then sons of a former pro.

It's Matt Barnes, the Morris twins, most of the Serbs, some of the Bosnians, our Turk and Georgian, James Johnson, I don't know. There just aren't a lot of ABA tough guys in the league, it's not the "inner city" league that racists rail against, because kids get moved to prep schools in calm parts of the country at age 14 or 15.

The few guys who spent large parts of their lives in rough areas show it on the court, Draymond Green in Saginaw, Kyle Kuzma in Flint until age 17/18

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can you even imagine how terrible a modern day Above The Rim remake would be? With Birdie played by Drake and Flip by Kevin Hart

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Think of how many legitimately 'hard' guys are in the NBA. Majority of the players are lower middle class the sons of a school principal and a sheriff's deputy. If not that, then sons of a former pro.

It's Matt Barnes, the Morris twins, most of the Serbs, some of the Bosnians, our Turk and Georgian, James Johnson, I don't know. There just aren't a lot of ABA tough guys in the league, it's not the "inner city" league that racists rail against, because kids get moved to prep schools in calm parts of the country at age 14 or 15.

The few guys who spent large parts of their lives in rough areas show it on the court, Draymond Green in Saginaw, Kyle Kuzma in Flint until age 17/18

matt barnes is the epitome of fake hard. matt barnes grew up in the loving suburbs and spent his nba career playing hold me back and talking poo poo on social media

most of the eastern euro, Australian and African guys are legit tough. and my big Kiwi of course

the Morris twins are hard

James Johnson might be hard but might also be one of those dorks who does a lot of martial arts and won’t shut up about all his belts so hard to say

Dion waiters is legit hard

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

actually yeah addendum any player who somehow developed a friendship with Zach Lowe is most definitely not hard

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mandrel posted:

and my big Kiwi of course

Here is Steve Adams ignoring people hitting him in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BQ6tfbOBe4

He rules.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mandrel posted:

matt barnes is the epitome of fake hard. matt barnes grew up in the loving suburbs and spent his nba career playing hold me back and talking poo poo on social media

most of the eastern euro, Australian and African guys are legit tough. and my big Kiwi of course

the Morris twins are hard

James Johnson might be hard but might also be one of those dorks who does a lot of martial arts and won’t shut up about all his belts so hard to say

Dion waiters is legit hard

Matt Barnes moved to the suburbs because his house got raided by corrupt cops because his dad was a local drug dealer, so the dad packed up all their stuff and moved away. His white half meant he was always getting into fights then, his black half meant lots of racial abuse once he went to a white school. http://www.socalhoops.tierranet.com/archive/prepnotes/498/barnes1.htm

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
caron was the last Hard dude in my mind

lmao i forgot about the mountain dew thing

Brolander fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 3, 2018

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brolander posted:

caron was the last Hard dude in my mind

lmao i forgot about the mountain dew thing

caron was not hard he was tuff

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

agreed (they're an amazing combo though). I never expected to feel this way either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Huh, I had no idea Kyle Kuzma is from Flint.

Applying your theory to Miles Bridges, he went to one of those prep schools instead of staying in Flint and now he doesn’t attack the rim nearly as much as he should.

• Locked thread