Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

tf2 over pubg? yikes man that poo poo is like 100 years old. I don't have splatoon 2 yet, so maybe I'll buy that

Titanfall 2 whips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished SH3 tonight. Weirdly it felt like Silent Hill 2, in a bad way. I loved how SH2 was just utilizing the concept of a hazy town and a empty promise to produce a brutal nightmare space. SH3 had a lot of Lore.:..also some fantastic cutscenes , and i watched some YouTube videos and you can get a Sexy Beam that OHKOs every enemy on screen so it's got a 8/10 in my book

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2, DBFZ, Rev2, UNIST, NPB, ST, TF2, TF2, Friday the 13th, my rear end, CSGO

OP, you left out BF1.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish there was a first person platformer based on the Titanfall 2 movement, mainly the wallrunning and grappling hook. gently caress, I should really get back into that game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the answer is Yes To Pickles but I feel Marina's visual aid is maybe too many pickles

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

why won't they call them pickles

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Looper posted:

Paid advertising

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Marina's right.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In Training posted:

I finished SH3 tonight. Weirdly it felt like Silent Hill 2, in a bad way. I loved how SH2 was just utilizing the concept of a hazy town and a empty promise to produce a brutal nightmare space. SH3 had a lot of Lore.:..also some fantastic cutscenes , and i watched some YouTube videos and you can get a Sexy Beam that OHKOs every enemy on screen so it's got a 8/10 in my book

I had mixed feelings. The game takes way too long to really get interesting and the level design is pretty awful with most areas being hallways filled with locked doors. And I know that's kind of Silent Hill's thing but they really upped the dream logic to the world design and threw in some really annoying enemies. Also a lot of instant deaths, either by cutscene or because a monster punched you into a bottomless pit.

But Heather is my favorite horror game protagonist who is both genre savvy and takes absolutely no poo poo from nobody, even going back to scare an injured man as a prank.

little brain: no pickles

big brain: pickles

galaxy brain: pickled mustard greens

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

It's European and we have lots of different pickles here not just small cucumbers

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Whoever designed the Black Gulch should be shot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

black gulch is good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's like five minutes long and that's if you stop to kill stuff

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sonic adventure 2 takes up more hard drive space than a vanilla install of morrowind

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2, DBFZ, Rev2, UNIST, NPB, ST, TF2, TF2, Friday the 13th, my rear end, CSGO
What's NPB?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nitroplus Blasterz

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Worst part of Black Gulch is those two fuckin giants you have to kill to get a DLC key in SotFS.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only bad part of Black Gulch is how short it is. It looks super cool and I wish it was a longer area.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Well at least the boss was really easy and the giants were easy to exploit.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm a little past the start of route b in nier:automata and i'm past autumn in night of the woods and i'm not prepared for what's going to happen in either of them. help

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who's route did you do in NitW?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Who's route did you do in NitW?

bea

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same she owns

al-azad
May 28, 2009

but... crimes

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do people like the amount of dialogue in Celeste

I feel kind of bad since I like the story they're trying to tell but platformers are maybe the one genre where I just want to play the game

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Feb 3, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, whaaaaat's shakin up in here, anything fun going on?

Our car broke down last night! The one we just got!! Ah!!! KCB had it towed to a mechanic she can get a discount at and she's gonna see if they'll check and figure out what the problem with the car is. Hopefully it's something cheap enough that we can just get it done and over with as soon as possible.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gonna play some P5 before bed, that's my crazy night plan

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Looper posted:

i don't know anyone who calls burgers pickles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody, whaaaaat's shakin up in here, anything fun going on?

Our car broke down last night! The one we just got!! Ah!!! KCB had it towed to a mechanic she can get a discount at and she's gonna see if they'll check and figure out what the problem with the car is. Hopefully it's something cheap enough that we can just get it done and over with as soon as possible.

I started playing shadow of the Colossus again bc the remake got me thinking about it and it's still as wonderful as ever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i don't know anyone who calls burgers pickles

Reminder that kool-aid pickles are a thing that exist

In Training posted:

I started playing shadow of the Colossus again bc the remake got me thinking about it and it's still as wonderful as ever

Cool, though it's a shame they didn't add in any of the cut colossi.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SotC has such a cult following that even an attempt to add back in cut content would inevitably result in "slap in the face" complaints on the internet. There are already people grumbling that Bluepoint dared to make it look like a PS4 game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That PS4 version looks gorgeous but I already own uhhh 3 copies of the game I think so I didn't want to buy it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also a certain primal charm that comes from a game with such wildly varying frame rate, that makes you feel like your PS2 is going to explode just from reading the disc

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

At one point fighting Avion I remember my PS2 just straight froze up for a second. Truly epic visuals.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i haven't played it since i was 15 and it looks really good so i'll probably get it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've bought worse games more times and it's a budget release so.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJaWiZbvfQs

I love how the lyrics to this song are like...complete nonsense. I wonder what they thought they were singing, if they even thought they were singing anything coherent or if they were just trying to sing stuff that sounded cool. Probably the latter, but I'm still curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I've bought worse games more times and it's a budget release so.

I wasn't gonna buy it but then Sony sent me a 20% off coupon so how could you not now.

• Locked thread