Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

Here is Steve Adams ignoring people hitting him in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BQ6tfbOBe4

He rules.

Does Adams quietly instigate any of this, or is it just coincidence that people go at him so often?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Brolander posted:

caron was the last Hard dude in my mind

lmao i forgot about the mountain dew thing

Does Ivan Johnson count

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

duodenum posted:

Does Adams quietly instigate any of this, or is it just coincidence that people go at him so often?

He has a very zaza esque way of shoving his way in to get boards and setting dirty screens.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jimmy Butler is basically the protagonist of any movie you watched when your teacher decided to give up for the year. He's hard as in he is a survivor.

Joakim Noah had to go through life looking like Joakim Noah. I imagine that makes anyone tough as hell.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NYYDJ2/status/959635385147183106

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

That really helps me understand teens and tweens love of Kyrie. He's like Iverson for their generation, not actually the best player, but he's small and does crazy stuff that they could do if they worked really hard. He's a relatable figure, Kyrie's also become retarded via instagram posts, which is something teens share.

Insight you'll only get in NBA NV

I mean, Kyrie is significantly better than AI in pretty every way except counting stats.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Matt Barnes moved to the suburbs because his house got raided by corrupt cops because his dad was a local drug dealer, so the dad packed up all their stuff and moved away. His white half meant he was always getting into fights then, his black half meant lots of racial abuse once he went to a white school. http://www.socalhoops.tierranet.com/archive/prepnotes/498/barnes1.htm

sounds like his dad might have been pretty hard

unfortunately being targeted by racial graffiti and slurs doesn’t really make you standout hard for the NBA, it just makes you a black American

matt barnes probably got into lots of fights as a kid because he was a loving dickhead, assuming he got into a lot of fights at all, because if there’s one thing matt Barnes loves talking about it’s how many badass fights he’s been in and how he’ll do it again just try him

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Stevie Lee posted:

agreed (they're an amazing combo though). I never expected to feel this way either.

me when someone says that simmons is better than embiid

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Bunch of nice Lonzo Ball passes that his teammates were unable to convert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaF1qwNOVo8

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

“Nah, whatever happened happened,” Portis said. “We just moved on from the situation. We tried to be professional each and every day. Come in and work, try and make things work on the court, but off the court we never talked or anything. We just kind of stayed away from each other. Played cards one time — it was kind of awkward — but after that didn’t play anymore. Tried to be professional to the utmost.”

NIKO: (nervous, sweating) Bobby do you have any threes?

e: whoa, lauri already has a kid?????????

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

R.D. Mangles posted:

NIKO: (nervous, sweating) Bobby do you have any threes?

Lol

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Brolander posted:

caron was the last Hard dude in my mind

lmao i forgot about the mountain dew thing

You have hard dudes in your mind???

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

dokmo posted:

Bunch of nice Lonzo Ball passes that his teammates were unable to convert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaF1qwNOVo8

Most of these are pretty lol-worthy but a few of them you can see Lonzo pulls of a great pass, but to a teammate who isn't really in a good position to do anything with the ball after catching it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a complete loving failure the bulls' beat reporters are that we have a dude who got his face completely caved by a teammate, the puncher has no remorse, the organization sides with the puncher even though the guy who got punched is a demonstrably better player, and no one knows what the gently caress happened. i demand to know

1. why everyone on the bulls seems to hate niko
2. exactly how insane is bobby portis

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

R.D. Mangles posted:

2. exactly how insane is bobby portis

yeah maybe they don't hate niko maybe they are all just terrified of bobby

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lol. Goran Dragic an All Star.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

big news

quote:

Lauri Markkasesta tuli isä.
Seiska-lehden tietojen mukaan Lauri Markkanen ja hänen vaimonsa Verna Aho saivat tiistaina poikavauvan. Markkanen ei ollut mukana, kun hänen edustamansa Chicago Bulls kohtasi vieraskentällä Portland Trail Blazersin keskiviikkona NBA-koripalloliigassa. Markkaselta on jäänyt viime aikoina väliin myös harjoituksia henkilökohtaisten syiden takia, ja niille saatiin vauvauutisen myötä selitys.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lol. Goran Dragic an All Star.

I just looked at his stats and what the hell

Spo would be a better all-star choice

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Miami had been figuring out how to win close games and Dragic has been pretty important to that. Kemba is a better choice, but I get the idea of rewarding Dragic for the team success.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Jabari Parker is still fun to watch and this makes me happy.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Lockback posted:

Miami had been figuring out how to win close games and Dragic has been pretty important to that. Kemba is a better choice, but I get the idea of rewarding Dragic for the team success.

See, I kinda feel like it should be an individual thing. But I'm also biased as a Hornets fan, but I think Simmons or Middleton would also have been better choices than Dragic.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

I seriously would rather have Spoelstra in shorts. Dragic isn't an all-star to me this year but oh well

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Gorelab posted:

See, I kinda feel like it should be an individual thing. But I'm also biased as a Hornets fan, but I think Simmons or Middleton would also have been better choices than Dragic.

I mean, it is individual but do you measure only stats or do you consider outcomes? Dragic is clearly producing, Miami's record proves that. But Philly is a .500 team, it's really hard to argue they are loaded with all-stars and decent role-players.

Simmons is something special, for sure, and he'll be a top end player most likely. But he isn't really at an all-star level yet I'm terms of actually winning games. Embiid is. Middleton I think I'd also a stretch in terms of stats and outcomes, I think.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Lockback posted:

Dragic got destroyed by Simmons last night.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lockback posted:

I mean, it is individual but do you measure only stats or do you consider outcomes? Dragic is clearly producing, Miami's record proves that. But Philly is a .500 team, it's really hard to argue they are loaded with all-stars and decent role-players.

Simmons is something special, for sure, and he'll be a top end player most likely. But he isn't really at an all-star level yet I'm terms of actually winning games. Embiid is. Middleton I think I'd also a stretch in terms of stats and outcomes, I think.

Lol. Embiid and Simmons are better than anyone on Miami's roster and you know it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A team with two all-stars should probably be better than .500 then, hot take

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Yes, he's back! (on a ten day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5WRM3iQ4kw

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Tae posted:

They were playing the most difficult schedule in the league until recently.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

They were playing the most difficult schedule in the league until recently.

The Sixers also have a better point differential than the Heat by a significant margin so :shrug:

Stop making me defend the Sixers, I'm gonna have a stroke

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

And Covington and JJ, two guys who are good starters. And the sixers are in the East.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lol. Embiid and Simmons are better than anyone on Miami's roster and you know it.

Then maybe the team should win more games.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

does it really matter if the sixers should be better? goran dragic looks like a barely average player. 15.5 per, .078 ws/48 lmao. this looks like one of his worst years? am i looking at the wrong dragic or something

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

does it really matter if the sixers should be better? goran dragic looks like a barely average player. 15.5 per, .078 ws/48 lmao. this looks like one of his worst years? am i looking at the wrong dragic or something

never forget that goran dragic has a brother named zoran dragic

together, they are Double Dragic

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lockback posted:

And Covington and JJ, two guys who are good starters. And the sixers are in the East.

Then maybe the team should win more games.

They won last night when Simmons absolutely dominated Dragic.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I'd also say one all-star who isn't all the way at superstar levels can't really make up for a insanely bad bench. MCW and the gang make me very, very sad.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

R.D. Mangles posted:

caron was not hard he was tuff

Ok S.E. Hinton

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I mean, Kyrie is significantly better than AI in pretty every way except counting stats.

What the hell does this even mean

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Maestro posted:

What the hell does this even mean

It means that he's better in every except raw numbers like points per game

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

Switch Philly and Miami's coach and suddenly Miami isn't in the playoff picture.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

http://bkref.com/tiny/822WD

goran dragic appears to be a slightly less efficient tyler johnson who gets more touches. All Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress

• Locked thread