Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im actually changing my opinion goran dragic Is a deserving all star cause manu is having a similar, but better, season and hes on the 3rd seed in the western conference. make manu an all star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

It means that he's better in every except raw numbers like points per game

Oh yea I’m better than AI except for my stats too.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Embiid plays his first second back of a back to back tonight. Pray for his health

The Maestro posted:

Efficiency is a thing that exists and matters quite a bit my man

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 3, 2018

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
[godfather voice] I'm gonna make you an offer you will refuse

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Maestro posted:

Advanced stats, what are they

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nemanja Bjelica grew up in a Serbian ghetto and I think that beats most people in the league

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Kyrie is absolutely not better than AI and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It means that he's better in every except raw numbers like points per game

gently caress Kyrie

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

[godfather voice] I'm gonna make you an offer you will refuse

lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm lolling at the idea of Marcus Smart or Mudiay being traded for Tyreke. The Grand Daddy of can't shoot but maybe we can turn him into a PG prospects being traded for one of his younger copies

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

Nemanja Bjelica grew up in a Serbian ghetto and I think that beats most people in the league
During that Magic game when things started getting chippy between Bjelica and Aflollo, Jim Petersen mentioned this and added "Belly's no punk."

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm lolling at the idea of Marcus Smart or Mudiay being traded for Tyreke. The Grand Daddy of can't shoot but maybe we can turn him into a PG prospects being traded for one of his younger copies

Marcus Smart is a lot more useful than Mudiay at least

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Speaking of can't-shoot-PG-prospects, we're halfway through the season and Elfrid Payton is still a significantly improved bucket getter relative to his career averages. I've seen a handful of Magic games and have been pretty impressed with how solid he looks; part of it seems to be improved shot selection so I'd hope he could keep it up. If the RFA market deflates his next contract then I want to believe he could be a good pickup for someone at the deadline, but I can't say I've watched enough to know if that's wishful thinking

And imagine what he could do if he cut his hair

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

R.D. Mangles posted:

what the gently caress

Echoing wtf

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

xbilkis posted:

Speaking of can't-shoot-PG-prospects

Mudiay is also much improved this season, he's shooting better than Jimmy Butler and Danny Green, for example.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

xbilkis posted:

Speaking of can't-shoot-PG-prospects, we're halfway through the season and Elfrid Payton is still a significantly improved bucket getter relative to his career averages. I've seen a handful of Magic games and have been pretty impressed with how solid he looks; part of it seems to be improved shot selection so I'd hope he could keep it up. If the RFA market deflates his next contract then I want to believe he could be a good pickup for someone at the deadline, but I can't say I've watched enough to know if that's wishful thinking

And imagine what he could do if he cut his hair

I've always liked him, seems like a really smart player

Speaking of improvements

Fred VanVleet in Calendar Year 2018: 12.2 PPG, 52.2% FG, 51.9% 3PT, 88.5% FT, .676 TS%, 131 Orating, 19 mins a game

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 3, 2018

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tyreke is also shooting well (or at least did to start the season) and therefore the bizarro Danny Ainge is right timeline continues on

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Fred VanVleet in Calendar Year 2018: 12.2 PPG, 52.2% FG, 51.9% 3PT, 88.5% FT, .676 TS%, 131 Orating, 19 mins a game

So happy he seems to have carved out an NBA career for himself.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dexo posted:

So happy he seems to have carved out an NBA career for himself.

He's a goshdamn warrior and unfortunately going to ge tpaid by someone not the Raptors

https://streamable.com/qukru

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

Mudiay is also much improved this season, he's shooting better than Jimmy Butler and Danny Green, for example.

From 3pt only. Mudiay's .500 TS% is still bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mandrel posted:

matt barnes is the epitome of fake hard. matt barnes grew up in the loving suburbs and spent his nba career playing hold me back and talking poo poo on social media

most of the eastern euro, Australian and African guys are legit tough. and my big Kiwi of course

the Morris twins are hard

James Johnson might be hard but might also be one of those dorks who does a lot of martial arts and won’t shut up about all his belts so hard to say

Dion waiters is legit hard

James Johnson has legitimately been in sanctioned fights. He'll gently caress you up.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didn't Chris Paul try talking poo poo to JJ once and Johnson did a round house kick that stopped 2 inches short of Paul's face?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

SamuraiFoochs posted:

James Johnson has legitimately been in sanctioned fights. He'll gently caress you up.

See, people say this, but I literally can't find any evidence for this other than basketball websites being like YO HE'S 20-0. When every amateur fighter in world has some sort of online presence, I'm uh, skeptical.

I mean he probably knows how to fight for sure but people overdo it a lil I think. I know some contact karate guys are legit, but I can't find a single video of him in a fight.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

dokmo posted:

Does he still blow an incredible number of layups?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Didn't Chris Paul try talking poo poo to JJ once and Johnson did a round house kick that stopped 2 inches short of Paul's face?

I'm sorry???

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

dokmo posted:

Emmanuel Mudiay: .500% TS
Jimmy Butler: .592% TS

Huh

But hey, he's not in negative winshare territory anymore at least

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

extremely 2001-caliber bulls lineup today, they literally started zipser

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was sure E M would be better than W C-S

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mandrel posted:

matt barnes is the epitome of fake hard. matt barnes grew up in the loving suburbs and spent his nba career playing hold me back and talking poo poo on social media

I can literally see Matt Barnes' high school from my house and my neighborhood is boujie as poo poo. I laugh every time I see it because I think of how "hard" Barnes supposedly is

also I got dunked on in that gym in high school and it still hurts

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Uh the high school you go to doesn't have much to do with how "hard" you are.

Especially if you are an NBA quality athlete.

I dunno how "real" or " hard" Barnes is but that's a dumb as gently caress metric.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I can literally see Matt Barnes' high school from my house and my neighborhood is boujie as poo poo. I laugh every time I see it because I think of how "hard" Barnes supposedly is

also I got dunked on in that gym in high school and it still hurts

If the heaviest fight a guy ever picked is with Derek Fisher, that is the epitome of fake tough guy. Tough guys will gently caress with anybody if they feel like someone's getting too familiar or taking some kind of liberties. Fake tough guys pick their spots out of fear of being exposed as such. Matt Barnes is probably smart for never picking a fight with like, Shaquille O' Neal, but I'd respect him more if got in Shaq's face for real because Shaq was doing something uncool (like say, planting evidence on somebody).

Remember when Melo slapped the poo poo out of somebody and then literally backpedaled a good chunk of the court? Good times.

Dexo posted:

I dunno how "real" or " hard" Barnes is but that's a dumb as gently caress metric.

This is a valid point, lots of dudes from rough areas ended up at nice schools because their skills drew people to them. Doesn't magically make 'em untough, though.

That said, gently caress Matt Barnes, he deserves little to nothing wrt benefit of the doubt.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 3, 2018

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Huh, I had no idea Kyle Kuzma is from Flint.

Applying your theory to Miles Bridges, he went to one of those prep schools instead of staying in Flint and now he doesn’t attack the rim nearly as much as he should.

And that's alright, kids dontt have to get ptsd to learn hard nosed play, and it's fine to get away from poisoned water, but it does seem like guys who aren't ruined by miserable childhoods have an innate toughness that others may not have. moving bridges to 3 is good if he wants an na position but the aau 4 is infinitely more natural to hin

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It we fetishize lovely living conditions

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dexo posted:

He grew up in the drat suburbs dude.

He went from silicon valley to the white flight area of sac. He acts like he's from the school of hard knocks. The areas are soft as a pillow.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no one in the nba tougher than reddick, forced to play his entire life against scorn and hatred because of his face

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

R.D. Mangles posted:

extremely 2001-caliber bulls lineup today, they literally started zipser

Just turned on the game and the first thing I saw was Zipser making a pass. Zipser should not be on the court. Ever.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zipser is growing his hair out and looks like this now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought Zipser was black . Or was that Vanfleet

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

no one in the nba tougher than reddick, forced to play his entire life against scorn and hatred because of his face

I think you're underselling the factor of his alma mater, sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jack's Flow posted:

Just turned on the game and the first thing I saw was Zipser making a pass. Zipser should not be on the court. Ever.

What? He shouldn't ever leave the court.

Too much at stake for him to not be out there for 48 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR5ZpQThkKA

Can't wait for Cam Payne to get back out there.

• Locked thread