Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

gently caress yeah :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

No spoiler-free dogs on this page, I gotta fix that! Good morning from Apollo!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hi Apollo! :yayclod:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:kimchi:

He'd say hello but he's snoozing on his dog bed now after a walk outside. We're going to have dinner with friends who have dogs tonight so I am pumped!

(Mostly because he's going to play with those dogs and have a great time and come home tired and I love it when I have a tired happy dog.)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

StrixNebulosa posted:

No spoiler-free dogs on this page, I gotta fix that! Good morning from Apollo!

Morning cutie!

:glomp:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

finally free of the cone, Franklin’s ears are able to live the way they want! ...floppily.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, Lando got fluffier! And a white chin! ... wait....

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dogs!!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Dogs!! are the best!! :3:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Can't believe I forgot about this thread for a couple of days; rediscovering it made my day. So many good pups and cats.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Writer Cath posted:

Can't believe I forgot about this thread for a couple of days; rediscovering it made my day. So many good pups and cats.

I’m a bit torn: a constant stream of dogs is good, but falling into a honey pot of unread pages of dogs is also good

What do 🤔🤔

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Naked Bear posted:

Dogs!! are the best!! :3:

agreed

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m a bit torn: a constant stream of dogs is good, but falling into a honey pot of unread pages of dogs is also good

What do 🤔🤔
You win either way!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

ok

https://youtu.be/KGqWBEZancA

Towards the end of the clip. Hope it makes sense.

that's called a play bow. Your pupper is just happy to see you and ready to play.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Mr. Nice! posted:

that's called a play bow. Your pupper is just happy to see you and ready to play.

Ah okay. I didn’t know if there was potentially another word/phrase to describe her getting stuck with her head banging in place five times before being able to move. Couldn’t quite get that on the video (she at most did it twice).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ah okay. I didn’t know if there was potentially another word/phrase to describe her getting stuck with her head banging in place five times before being able to move. Couldn’t quite get that on the video (she at most did it twice).

so I'm personally not a big fan of all the excitement at the door when you get home. It can create anxiety and cause pissing issues with some dogs. Generally speaking when I walk into the house I don't acknowledge the dog right away. By conditioning him that he gets no response when I come home and that my arrival is routine and not something to get worked up about, dakota rarely goes bonkers when I come home. There's no barking, jumping, excitement, chaos, or anything. As soon as I tell him to come, he goes with me out back, and then after he goes to the bathroom we'll get some play in.

Basically, you need to carry yourself strong and when you walk in just flat out ignore the dogs. No eye contact, no words, no touching, or anything. Walk in and give your wife a kiss/hug first, put something on a counter, sort through mail, etc. Just do something that lets the dog know that you're just doing your thing. It's much better to be in charge of when the fun and excitement begins than having someone underfoot and jumping up and down on your the moment you step into the room.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://i.imgur.com/e0GrCtW.gifv

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

so I'm personally not a big fan of all the excitement at the door when you get home. It can create anxiety and cause pissing issues with some dogs. Generally speaking when I walk into the house I don't acknowledge the dog right away. By conditioning him that he gets no response when I come home and that my arrival is routine and not something to get worked up about, dakota rarely goes bonkers when I come home. There's no barking, jumping, excitement, chaos, or anything. As soon as I tell him to come, he goes with me out back, and then after he goes to the bathroom we'll get some play in.

Basically, you need to carry yourself strong and when you walk in just flat out ignore the dogs. No eye contact, no words, no touching, or anything. Walk in and give your wife a kiss/hug first, put something on a counter, sort through mail, etc. Just do something that lets the dog know that you're just doing your thing. It's much better to be in charge of when the fun and excitement begins than having someone underfoot and jumping up and down on your the moment you step into the room.

Typically, Timothy and Zipper are crated when we get home. This “welcome home” behavior typically only happens when one of us is home. But yeah, I feel you on the “you do you before you do pups” sentiment.

Zipper’s little dance/play bow does happen outside of a greeting, usually when I acknowledge her want, such as “Wanna play Rope!?”

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Please to be saying prayers for this poor dog who was born wearing a bandanna, but without front paws. When he sleeps, he dreams of skipping.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Prayers sent. Send some to these Poms stuck together at the butts.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

PenisMonkey posted:

Prayers sent. Send some to these Poms stuck together at the butts.

Pomeranian centipede.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

There are some crazy good dogs and dog monsters in this thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Typically, Timothy and Zipper are crated when we get home. This “welcome home” behavior typically only happens when one of us is home. But yeah, I feel you on the “you do you before you do pups” sentiment.

Zipper’s little dance/play bow does happen outside of a greeting, usually when I acknowledge her want, such as “Wanna play Rope!?”

In which case it's entirely just a happy dance coupled with a play bow. :dogge:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Play bows are the best, it's a dog so loving happy to be playing that it has to show everyone around

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

holy poo poo lmao

Getting turnt for the super bowl I see

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Monty noooooooooooo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

the escape goat posted:

finally free of the cone, Franklin’s ears are able to live the way they want! ...floppily.

I want to flop those ears

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/kKqJH9d.gifv

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Aaaaa, hooray!!! :kimchi:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
When you meet a dog over three times your weight

Post-dog park baths are extremely traumatic

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Iaurdreyfuss/status/960223475951599616

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

That boy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

And god said: all the dogges

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Second (not actual) problem:

There is a dog in my complex that sounds like Ma Fratelli when he/she barks. In lieu of “post a vid”, here we go:

https://youtu.be/mV8_bSKdfOU

Trying to identify the breed without seeing the dog. Also, Ma Fratelli bark.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

*boop*

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
I met a puppy at a party and it was pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
I'm missing my dog on the other coast so I dug up some puppy pictures of him. (Also I got to pet a gsd/husky this morning which was rad)

Barkley never learned to catch, and it shows. And the quality is garbo (free Giphy program) so I'll hide its offensiveness.