Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
That was a hell of a weekend. More action and drama and excitement than a lot of series deliver in a year.

Sucks for Abt though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Montreal ePrix has fallen through

wonder where they'll put it instead, it's a double header round. They've already had to move the Sao Paulo round to Punta Del Este.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Marrakesh ePrix is tomorrow.

US Coverage seems to be delayed from actual running:
Quali 1130-1230 EST on FS2
Race 1400-1500 EST on FS1

If you VPN into Singapore, you should be able to get a live stream for free with no commercials
Quali 0700-0800 EST
Race 1100-1200 EST

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Formula E website is so confusing. It's almost as if they don't want people to watch their races.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

:fap:
https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/958311670589292544

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well that'll solve the rear wing falling off.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
gently caress, that's even prettier than the concept, other than the halo replacing the canopy

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Holy poo poo that looks nice.

With the rear wing split like that, would that help with following the car in front closely?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's horrible and amazing and i kinda love it?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

We'd have to wait and see what kind of downforce is actually being produced but that generally hasn't been an issue with FE cars because they're not generally producing enough of a wake or being downforce dependant to make that an issue.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
do they leave lightbike trails behind them yet?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

do they leave lightbike trails behind them yet?

Not yet but the halo on that car supposedly can light up so we're getting there.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Wipeout 2097 2019

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Looks really nice, even with the halo on it.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

cant wait for lotterer to rear end that rear end

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that thing is videogame as gently caress and i love it

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The halo is still terrible looking but the rest of the car more than makes up for it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

A couple extra things about the new car. For starters it'll be using the new batteries that will last the entire race, so no more car swapping. It'll also have more power up to 250kw in qualifying mode, roughly 335bhp which Di Grassi says could put their top speed over 180mph with how light and low downforce they're supposed to be.

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/new-formula-e-car-capable-of-more-than-300kmh-1000968/

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

njsykora posted:

A couple extra things about the new car. For starters it'll be using the new batteries that will last the entire race, so no more car swapping. It'll also have more power up to 250kw in qualifying mode, roughly 335bhp which Di Grassi says could put their top speed over 180mph with how light and low downforce they're supposed to be.

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/new-formula-e-car-capable-of-more-than-300kmh-1000968/

These cars are going to be squirelly as gently caress and it's going to be so fun to watch

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I'm not sure if I love those, hate those, or both. They look exactly as overblown as I'd expect, like someone asked a 14-year-old kid to draw what he thought the coolest race car would look like.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Do they sound like TIE fighters yet?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hey there's a race today in Santiago. Practice is live on Youtube and qualifying is at 1445GMT then the race itself at 1830GMT. Both live on Spike in the UK and delayed on various Fox Sports things in the US. It's a rare chicane-free track.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Its not a bad track, looks to be some decent braking zones for passing

Bumpy as hell (which is awesome)

e: I love the river of poo poo with the graffitti covered walls

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 3, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Track is bumpy as gently caress and slippery as hell. Rosenqvist was barely ever in control during his quali lap. Race is going to be god drat chaos.

:getin:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Santiago Sebring :getin:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Ahaahahaha they have body telemetry on Allan MacNish

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lucas Di Grassi's very bad no good season.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

njsykora posted:

Lucas Di Grassi's very bad no good season.

seriously

e: pit strategy is gonna become a big player now that the time limit is gone

e2: techeeta looking seriously strong today, what have they figured out that renault haven't?

e3: holy poo poo lotterer that was brave

e4: lotterer what the heck are you doing

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 3, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

As usual this race has been 30 laps of nothing then all hell breaks loose in the last 7.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Now I know why they say it's A Lotterer out there

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm convinced the people poo-pooing Formula E just aren't watching, because the racing is excellent.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
That was a thriller, but lmao is sounds like Techeeta couldnt even seen the race and dont know what was happening

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

CactusWeasle posted:

That was a thriller, but lmao is sounds like Techeeta couldnt even seen the race and dont know what was happening

No Radios, they couldn't tell Lotterer to pull his poo poo in.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'm convinced the people poo-pooing Formula E just aren't watching, because the racing is excellent.

There's always been plenty of drama and some good racing, it's everything around the racing that is absolute garbage.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Reminder Mexico race is today, qualifying in progress now

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/970584437044994048

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Jesus Christ someone fire her already

E: also Mexico was an okay race

Also also

FULL TRACK MONACO FOR SEASON 5

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Carmen Jorda?

Don't those circuits have enough chicanes already?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I remember Pippa Mann raging when Jorda got put on that commission since she's basically someone who'll happily just tell the FIA bosses exactly what they want to hear.

Anyway, the new car is an actual real thing now that moves.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Jesus Christ someone fire her already

E: also Mexico was an okay race

Also also

FULL TRACK MONACO FOR SEASON 5

Good news, they expect the new cars to be quick enough for the laptimes not to be too embarrassing

E: That Gen2 car video looks tasty

poty fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

njsykora posted:

I remember Pippa Mann raging when Jorda got put on that commission since she's basically someone who'll happily just tell the FIA bosses exactly what they want to hear.

She was raging at this latest nonsense too.

I don't rate Pippa very highly as a racing driver but unlike Jorda I rate her as BEING a racing driver.

• Locked thread