Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

slothrop posted:

thankfully no, secondary fermentation is my guess. The shop was empty except for me and it made a pretty good noise

Yeah I would think that made a Loud Noise. Can't say I've ever seen that happen in person, glass bottles are usually pretty drat strong. I'd expect the cork to give way before the bottle itself, so maybe the bottle had a nick or crack already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

wesleywillis posted:

If you've ever seen the movie "Waiting" you've seen a very accurate depiction of the people/personalities and shenaniganz of the people who worked there. The 19-20 year old who always tried to pick up the 14 year old bus girls and hostesses, the SUPREMELY BITCHY waitress, bus kids and dishwashers who thought they were gangsta rappers, the nerdy general manager, the smart rear end, debaucherous stoner cooks and so on. Now, we never showed each other our nuts, while we were working, pubic hairs never got mixed in to people's food or anything like that (we weren't barbarians after all, just a bunch of poo poo heads), we never intentionally dropped food on the floor and then put it on a plate. Never the less, poo poo happened and like I probably said earlier, drugs and alcohol were prevalent.

lol i worked in places like that in the hood and bartended in very fancy spots next to golf resorts. you might be surprised at how much overlap there is in what a loving circus the restaurant biz is

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Do yourself a favor and get your hands on some CZs before you splash out on anything else.

Best feeling guns I've ever shot. My CZ75BD is the one gun I won't sell.

I will try it out, but I have Stockholm syndrome and will most likely buy an M9A1 as my first full-size 9mm I think.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

Neato. The wife and I just got matching Savage 308 sniper rifles.
Where's the pictures you tease? I have a baby Savage Mark 2 .22lr and everyone that shoots it loves it.

Liquid Communism posted:

Consider a Savage Mark 2 instead. Much better trigger than the 10/22, and the MSRP is about the same. A little bolt action 22 with a scope is a ton of fun to punch paper with.
Yup, after shooting them back to back I'm really glad I went with the Savage

I need to drag the guns out again and do a range day with the wife...or the Nashville TFR goons.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Feb 3, 2018

sirnollem
Apr 12, 2008

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I will try it out, but I have Stockholm syndrome and will most likely buy an M9A1 as my first full-size 9mm I think.

I bought a 92A1 a few months ago and it is the best gun I have shot in a while.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
CZ 9s, best 9s:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
All you bastards who are allowed these things and I'm not. :(

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
^^^ I'm mad that they brought up cans, because the Liberals here think irl suppressors are as effective as movie ones and they are highly illegal devices that turn your firearms into silent murdermachines. It's also common for ranges to have times during the day you can't shoot because of the noise...

10/22s are basically the Honda Civic of .22lr rifles. Hell, you don't even have to buy one from Ruger, you can assemble them entirely out of afermarket parts bought online to whatever level of 10/22 bubbafuckery you want, and if you get into mildly competative target shooting you can get them to that point. Volquartsens are an example of just how far you can take a 10/22 without using any parts from Ruger.

I've got an extended magazine release (not in the picture), auto-bolt release, techsights, billet aluminium trigger housing, titanium firing pin, lapped barrel band so it's not actually touching the barrel, spring fuckery...

I shoot my Chiappa Little Badger way more. I tossed a cheap red dot on it and the thing is such a straight shooter that it'll slam round after round into the same hole all day at 50y. $75 for the rifle, $30 for the red dot, cost me a fraction of what I've got into my 10/22 and shoots way better. Stock sights on them are a poorly made copy of M1 sights, and all but useless.

E: This is my favourite firearm out of the ones that I own:

Beretta 686 Silver Pidgeon I with 30" barrels, and it's so pretty too. I hunt with it. O/U supremacy, Beretta shotgun life.

EE: Edited in some pictures.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 3, 2018

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Where's the pictures you tease? I have a baby Savage Mark 2 .22lr and everyone that shoots it loves it.
I'm debating on the mark II or a Ruger American rimfire as a bolt gun host.

I'm also amazed this hasn't degenerated into politics chat. 😀

Fermented Tinal posted:

^^^ I'm mad that they brought up cans, because the Liberals here think irl suppressors are as effective as movie ones and they are highly illegal devices that turn your firearms into silent murdermachines. It's also common for ranges to have times during the day you can't shoot because of the noise...

10/22s are basically the Honda Civic of .22lr rifles. Hell, you don't even have to buy one from Ruger, you can assemble them entirely out of afermarket parts bought online to whatever level of 10/22 bubbafuckery you want, and if you get into mildly competative target shooting you can get them to that point. Volquartsens are an example of just how far you can take a 10/22 without using any parts from Ruger.

I've got an extended magazine release (not in the picture), auto-bolt release, techsights, billet aluminium trigger housing, titanium firing pin, lapped barrel band so it's not actually touching the barrel, spring fuckery...
I mentioned it earlier but didn't post a picture. My 10/22 just got a new barrel put on.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 3, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

My friend thought that too, and ended up getting a Hi-power... only to sell it for a CZ-P01.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
So this was a neat thing to see at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. In Arizona.
e: better picture
e2: LHD G8 conversion I'm assuming.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 3, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They pop up on mecum every once in a while, surprisingly aren't all that expensive.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-277601/2011-holden-ute-pickup/

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ilkhan posted:

I mentioned it earlier but didn't post a picture. My 10/22 just got a new barrel put on.

Going for the spacegun 10/22 look, eh?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

*pew pew pew*

House is on the market, offer on a new place. Let the games begin!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

They pop up on mecum every once in a while, surprisingly aren't all that expensive.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-277601/2011-holden-ute-pickup/

Are those legal for import because of the G8?

Also you say they aren't all that expensive, do you know what that actually sold for?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Are those legal for import because of the G8?

http://www.lefthandutes.com/about.html

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

It's almost as if the mod is biased one way or the other :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

quote:

Are you able to convert a G8 or GTO into a wagon instead of a ute?

Yes, we can do the VY,VZ,VE,VF wagons
:getin:

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Drove past a sign that said "Tool Sale" this morning and went to go see what they had, ended up older guy had a stroke and he was selling his tools, all old good quality craftsman stuff. So i picked up a couple things and he offered the whole lot of sockets, ratchets, extensions, everything for forty bucks. Holy moly score on that. I don't think i was taking advantage of him, he had his daughters and wife there helping. Talked to him for about 15 minutes. It's seriously $700 worth of stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/nxdX1

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr-Spain posted:

Drove past a sign that said "Tool Sale" this morning and went to go see what they had, ended up older guy had a stroke and he was selling his tools, all old good quality craftsman stuff. So i picked up a couple things and he offered the whole lot of sockets, ratchets, extensions, everything for forty bucks. Holy moly score on that. I don't think i was taking advantage of him, he had his daughters and wife there helping. Talked to him for about 15 minutes. It's seriously $700 worth of stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/nxdX1

drat, is that all pre-chinesium Craftsman?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

Going for the spacegun 10/22 look, eh?
I like the stock, but it's easy enough to swap.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ilkhan posted:

I like the stock, but it's easy enough to swap.

Yeah, wasn't hating on it or anything, I just like how you can literally make a 10/22 look like whatever you want. Personally though, if I could get a solid wood monte-carlo style stock that accepts a bull barrel, I would, they just don't exist as far as I've ever been able to tell and it's one of the reasons I gave up on kitting mine up any further because I've kept all the original parts and my modifications are either completely undoable or fitment corrections. I don't want to hack up my original stock and don't want to lose the look.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 3, 2018

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

iwentdoodie posted:

It's almost as if the mod is biased one way or the other :v:

Shut up you hippie.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
y'all gotta get the BEST 10/22 dress up kit:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

Yeah, wasn't hating on it or anything, I just like how you can literally make a 10/22 look like whatever you want. Personally though, if I could get a solid wood monte-carlo style stock that accepts a bull barrel, I would, they just don't exist as far as I've ever been able to tell and it's one of the reasons I gave up on kitting mine up any further because I've kept all the original parts and my modifications are either completely undoable or fitment corrections. I don't want to hack up my original stock and don't want to lose the look.
It'd be easy enough to get a second stock to hack up.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hell, i'll give him a brand new one for $hipping

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i don't have any guns cuz i was born with a massive penis

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Wood guns are best guns

I know .22lr guns aren't that expensive, but I'd only ever shoot a couple times a year, so I've been just saving like $10 a check since Christmas. My dad hunts, and I want something to bring to the range with him

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I really want an AK-47, is this a bad or good idea?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I really want an AK-47, is this a bad or good idea?

I dunno. I have a friend with a WASR (semi-auto AK) and I didn't like it at all but that's because of the stock and a few other things. Even though the SKS isn't as good for 2 or 3 gun due to weight I found it more ergonomically friendly for my mutant self and if you're just using it at the range, the recoil is much more pleasant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Guns are awesome but I'm pretty sure I will one day have another bad stretch in my life where I couldn't risk having a gun on hand.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

Guns are awesome but I'm pretty sure I will one day have another bad stretch in my life where I couldn't risk having a gun on hand.

You know what, maybe I should buy my dad the .22

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that just went to a dark place.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I can totally respect that. I've almost always owned one, but that was more due to familial right. My grandfather willed his arsenal to me when I turned 18 (he died when I was six) so I inherited a Skyfall-level of old rifles and guns. I sold all of them when I was 24 because I was in a "gently caress my life, I'm joining the Army and starting anew" phase. After coming back from basic/AIT I discovered I still had a the Beretta 950 Jetfire I was talking about. Farted around with it for a few years, gave it to my ex when I left.

There have been a few times in my life where I felt really down and depressed and my mind started wandering. But I can 100% respect the self-awareness of not wanting to own one. I could probably go the rest of my life without one and be just fine, this is more of a hobby than a solid "self defense murica rarrr muh rights" scenario.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

fridge corn posted:

i don't have any guns cuz i was born with a massive penis
:awesome:

Household is doing a little better after the cat thing yesterday but man this sucks.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

When I'm looking over the FOID card checklist and say, "well I never actually got hospitalized for my mental health last year," maybe it's a good idea to not keep a gun in my possession

In less depressing news, maybe new cars will stop having CD players https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8097929/best-buy-to-pull-cds-target-threatens-to-pay-labels-for-cds-only-when

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Rhyno posted:

People actually give a poo poo about grid girls?

I'm sure the grid girls aren't exactly ecstatic about losing the income.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I skimmed and misread this as:

I will try it out, but I have Stockholm syndrome and will most likely buy an M1A1 as my first full-size tank.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Gunchat.. I have an HK/Bennali M1 Super 90 that I haven't fired in more than a decade. Some AZ goon should take it off my hands and use it like it was meant to be used, destroying massive numbers of clay pidgeons in a very short period of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got my concealed carry permit then immediately realized that guns are expensive and I don’t enjoy going to shoot them much less leaving the house

I was top500 in PUBG and I’m diamond in overwatch so I think I’ll stick to computer aiming instead

• Locked thread