Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dexo posted:

Uh the high school you go to doesn't have much to do with how "hard" you are.

Especially if you are an NBA quality athlete.

I dunno how "real" or " hard" Barnes is but that's a dumb as gently caress metric.

true, there are plenty of tough guys who had perfectly fine upbringings. and there’s nothing wrong with not being a tough guy or from The Streets. matt barnes just deserves mockery because he tries absurdly hard to act like Tough Street Badass and never shuts up about it while actually being the farthest thing from it. and he’s an abusive piece of poo poo, as if he wasn’t enough of a caricature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mandrel posted:

true, there are plenty of tough guys who had perfectly fine upbringings. and there’s nothing wrong with not being a tough guy or from The Streets. matt barnes just deserves mockery because he tries absurdly hard to act like Tough Street Badass and never shuts up about it while actually being the farthest thing from it. and he’s an abusive piece of poo poo, as if he wasn’t enough of a caricature

I think about this gif a lot.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Mudiay is turrible.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dexo posted:

It we fetishize lovely living conditions
I posted knowing it would lead to the goons attempting to quantify "hardness" derail, which is always the worst. Just as planned. :twisted:

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I posted knowing it would lead to the goons attempting to quantify "hardness" derail, which is always the worst. Just as planned. :twisted:

Dance puppets dance :twisted:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

Great picture of THJ from tonight:

I can't help but think THJ complimented Dolan's music or something with how quick they got him back after axing Jackson

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

they got through the whole list and forgot about GIannis' whole family sleeping in the same room

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I can't believe nobody pointed out that Giannis' game is a cross between Scottie Pippen and Allen Iverson which is why he'll soon be the Finals MVP

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

EvanTH posted:

they got through the whole list and forgot about GIannis' whole family sleeping in the same room

this is true regardless of how big the house is tho

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EvanTH posted:

I can't believe nobody pointed out that Giannis' game is a cross between Scottie Pippen and Allen Iverson which is why he'll soon be the Finals MVP

Right down to hucking too many 3's even though he stinks at them

It's like the only hole in his game

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Who is the TOUGHEST former/current NBA player? Maybe a future poll question.
Who is the TOUGHEST former/current NBA N/V poster? Maybe a future poll question.

I wonder how many more injuries are needed before CP3 gets into the 2018 ASG.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Matt Barnes is probably smart for never picking a fight with like, Shaquille O' Neal, but I'd respect him more if got in Shaq's face for real because Shaq was doing something uncool (like say, planting evidence on somebody).

I saw Shaq fight a few times and wasn't impressed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8UbXkFawI

If you put him in a ring he's going to make a very large crash noise as he falls to the floor.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i am the toughest poster, all my posts say so

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zogo posted:

Who is the TOUGHEST former/current NBA N/V poster? Maybe a future poll question.

If you put him in a ring he's going to make a very large crash noise as he falls to the floor.

Former: Oakley
Latter: Assuming all posters are accurately represented by their avatars, Cool Buff Man

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

EvanTH posted:

giannis is euro you RACIST

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

big news

svedish :chef: posted:

Lauri Markkasesta tuli isä.
Seiska-lehden tietojen mukaan Lauri Markkanen ja hänen vaimonsa Verna Aho saivat tiistaina poikavauvan. Markkanen ei ollut mukana, kun hänen edustamansa Chicago Bulls kohtasi vieraskentällä Portland Trail Blazersin keskiviikkona NBA-koripalloliigassa. Markkaselta on jäänyt viime aikoina väliin myös harjoituksia henkilökohtaisten syiden takia, ja niille saatiin vauvauutisen myötä selitys.

haha yeah you can't make that stuff up

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Zogo posted:

You ever see Shaq in Conan the Barbarian? The answer is always Wilt.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toughest NBA players is probably Stockton which is eh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

You ever see Shaq in Conan the Barbarian? The answer is always Wilt.

Ummmm

ummmm

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

It's like the old "3 door garage" coach K recruiting thing, if someone grows up with a special amount of luxury they might not have the mental toughness that someone whose parents worked hard every day to keep the lights on and food in the cupboard have.

Australian guys usually have it unless they spent too much time at AIS being lauded as teen gods.

But when I started the conversation I was thinking about guys who would really fight and not just be heldme back fight on the court, hustle and not fear the big names and all.

Plus to correct myself, Kyle Kuzma grew up closer to flint twp which is different than city proper.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/959871886237847552

Ahahaha

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dejan Bimble posted:

Australian guys usually have it unless they spent too much time at AIS being lauded as teen gods.

Basketball skills overlap heavily with Australian rules football so most kids that show aptitude here play both until they get to their senior years of high school when they usually go for football as it pays much better here. The ones that really want to play basketball seem to head the the US sometime in high school and then go through the college system. Australian "toughness" is most likely due to the sporting culture here highly valuing hustle, hard work and fearlessness. An AFL/rugby league mindset.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
LANCE

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/959970087032717313

STEPHENSON

https://twitter.com/FSIndiana/status/959950818098081792

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/959974535473876992

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 4, 2018

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:lol: bazzy buckets wants out of minnesota

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/959911598847594496

Like, where would he go? He's done nothing since no other team would have him and had to accept our minimum offer.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

They probably can't pay him next year so they might as well throw the bait out

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

scuz posted:

:lol: bazzy buckets wants out of minnesota

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/959911598847594496

Like, where would he go? He's done nothing since no other team would have him and had to accept our minimum offer.

who wants Dunn Round II

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls should take him and just become the Rump Timberwolves

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Blake Griffin: Doin' Thangs:

https://twitter.com/DetroitPistons/status/959977823845756928

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

I love every Lance highlight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

have we talked about how blake is wearing 23 in detroit and how dudes wearing 23 is just the chumpest thing possible

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I think that 3 was his first make of the second half.

R.D. Mangles posted:

have we talked about how blake is wearing 23 in detroit and how dudes wearing 23 is just the chumpest thing possible

32 is retired though :shrug:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

hes doing it to honor the goat, lebron james

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm just surprised, blake seems like a classic Zany Number Guy to me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Griffin: (just popping in for a set at The Store) Hey, you know how a lot of basketball players wear numbers like 5 or 16? Well I do something a little differently. (Takes off blazer to reveal a number 87 jersey). But that's just me. Am I right, fellas?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

who wants Dunn Round II

I'm not sure Shabazz could be any less like Kris Dunn

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Unique numbers are cool

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GRIFFIN: Do we have any Toronto Raptors here tonight?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

blake griffins theoretical standup special would be dire that does change things

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Unique numbers are cool

0 and 00 are two different numbers in the NBA.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Griffin: (just popping in for a set at The Store) Hey, you know how a lot of basketball players wear numbers like 5 or 16? Well I do something a little differently. (Takes off blazer to reveal a number 27,000,000 jersey). But that's just me. Am I right, fellas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kibner, your boy and mine, Chris "loving" Paul, is probably Pretty Good.

• Locked thread