Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

It’d be nice if the real Nick Backstrom returned. Dude is having a bad season.

Also Ovie owns and lol that I said I’d consider trading him after last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like that the Sedins are staying with Vancouver and Lundqvist is sticking with the Rangers.

(((gently caress RAY BOURQUE AND THE 2001 LEAGUEWIDE CONSPIRACY AGAINST PERFECT HOCKEY)))

Boeser/Pettersson + hopefully Benning not whiffing this year is going to make for a really interesting team. Juolevi is having a big year in Finland too. Hopefully the Sedins play long enough to get another solid playoff run. The Rangers have some really nice players in their system too and I think they could turn it around fairly quickly if they hit on these trades/picks.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

T-Bone posted:

(((gently caress RAY BOURQUE AND THE 2001 LEAGUEWIDE CONSPIRACY AGAINST PERFECT HOCKEY)))

We will fight.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

This was real good, thanks for the link. The pictures complement it well.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

T-Bone posted:

Juolevi is having a big year in Finland too

He's currently getting healthy scratched although I don't know why

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

JawKnee posted:

He's currently getting healthy scratched although I don't know why

Really? Honestly I just looked at his numbers and it looked like he was tearing it up. How do you get healthy scratched with that kind of production?

LumpyGumby posted:

We will fight.

take great pleasure in that I still haven't watched highlights from that series in 17 years

e: Also in the McDavid/Crosby thing, man Malkin is so loving good. Draisaitl is a great player but the equivalent would be Matthews playing in Edmonton.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 3, 2018

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Really? Honestly I just looked at his numbers and it looked like he was tearing it up. How do you get healthy scratched with that kind of production?

His coaches have said his play since the WJC has been very disinterested, but it's mostly a "teach the kid a lesson" thing. He's still not much of a prospect though. The Canucks are still far more than just him, Pettersson, Gaudette and our pick this year away from being interesting.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

T-Bone posted:

...pump your breaks, kid.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Checks out.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Fire av

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Leafs update
https://twitter.com/kristen_shilton/status/959818724428656640

This is top notch defence and I for one am not worried about the Leafs shutout streak :getin:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/GlobeFluto/status/959827334881796096

heart fixed

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Drunk Canuck posted:

Leafs update
https://twitter.com/kristen_shilton/status/959818724428656640

This is top notch defence and I for one am not worried about the Leafs shutout streak :getin:

I'd rather they play Holl than Carrick but I understand he's still too new or some poo poo. At least they're keeping Dermott, which they'd have to have brain damage not to keep him in there.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im laughing at this giant writeup for a fender bender

https://twitter.com/ArizonaDOT/status/959207528570658816

http://arizonasports.com/story/1402103/behind-scenes-coyotes-antti-raantas-auto-accident/

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

charlie.....

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
the nedved-jagr czech bowl is ongoing

https://twitter.com/Derek_J_OBrien/status/959849244478894080

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

The emergency goalie situation was mildly interesting.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

That kid's got heart I tells ya

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the devils winning three keith kinkaid starts in a row and outshooting the pens 38-16 is some voodoo

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

What happened with the Bruins to make them good?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

FBS posted:

Pact with satan

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FBS posted:

Rask is back to his old form, and it turns out the pack of rookie defensemen are actually pretty good.

Also Adam McQuaid was hurt.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jackets need to...uhh...unfuck themselves quickly. Fortuitous simultaneous division opponent losses will only get you so far.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The Penguins would lose to a mites team if they wore Devils jerseys and played the game in Newark

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Well I guess the Pens can't win every game I go to in Jersey.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/markscheig/status/959938942865993730

I haven't seen that from any Columbus media, but we're going to get Nash/Dubi II, Metro Boogaloo, aren't we?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

FBS posted:

Rask is being Rask again and rookies stepping in and filling important roles. Specifically, the middle six. Boston struggled with depth despite Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak being one of the best lines in the league. DeBrusk and Heinen have been a huge asset. Cassidy seems to actually be a very good coach too.

Also doesn't hurt to draft two top-4 defensemen capable of stepping in as teens in McAvoy and Carlo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Rask is being Rask again and rookies stepping in and filling important roles. Specifically, the middle six. Boston struggled with depth despite Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak being one of the best lines in the league. DeBrusk and Heinen have been a huge asset. Cassidy seems to actually be a very good coach too.

Also doesn't hurt to draft two top-4 defensemen capable of stepping in as teens in McAvoy and Carlo.

Also, McQuaid was hurt.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

corn on the cop posted:

the devils winning three keith kinkaid starts in a row and outshooting the pens 38-16 is some voodoo

voodoo you say?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Flyers lost in a shootout and Pittsburgh and Columbus said "hold my beer". The Rangers are about to outdo them all.

The Islanders didn't look very convincing in their win, either.

Riding on the Metroooooo...

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

FBS posted:

They had a lot of good rookies step in, especially on defense. Carlo and McAvoy seem like future studs, and Grzelcyk has been so good as a puck-moving defenseman that he's kept pylon of poo poo Adam McQuaid in the pressbox for the most part. (McQuaid did go out with an injury, but he was healthy at least a month prior to his reactivation and Cassidy kept him on the bench until injuries forced him back into the line-up).

They've also had some good rookies step into the middle-six. Sweeney gets a lot of poo poo for drafting DeBrusk ahead of Connor or Barzal or whoever, and he probably deserves most of it, but DeBrusk has meshed really well with Krejci so far this season. Combined with Spooner, who since moving to wing has played the best hockey of his career, they form the first consistently dangerous second line the Bruins have had in years. Danton Heinen is probably the biggest surprise of the season for the Bruins, he was called up as a stop-gap forward and is now 4th on the Bruins in points, and tied for 4th among all rookies. He has driven most of the third line's depth scoring, and has played with Bergeron and Pastrnak while Marchand is suspended.

Rask has also looked way better this season than he did in previous years, but I think a large part of that can be traced to how much the defense has improved.

Cassidy also seems like a good coach, since he's willing to play talented rookies over crappy veterans (Gryzelcyk staying in over a healthy McQuaid, Beleskey getting banished to Providence).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Matt Zerella posted:

FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV FIRE AV

Nice meltdown

Kale
May 14, 2010

Maybe it really is time to sit Price for a few more games. I mean lately it seems the games they're winning are getting played by Niemi of all people. Like just give the guy a rest after tomorrow honestly, season's over and done anyway at this point.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Matt Zerella posted:

AV for Hakstol. Good or bad trade?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

AV for Hakstol. Good or bad trade?

Badbadbad.gif

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Re Bruins chat: the other strength is drafting. There are a ton of players who could realistically challenge for spots in the next year or two. There's already guys stuffed in Providence who could be in the NHL now. For all the poo poo Sweeney has gotten, a lot of his picks have panned out. I can't remember a time the system has been this promising. Lacking in net, though.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/959974569842040834

Still can't believe that's not a penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Sounds like the Rangers got hosed by the refs and then hosed themselves because they’re bad

• Locked thread