Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheRenderNBA/status/959979381803311104

Poor IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

never has a man celebrated so little so much

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Unique numbers are cool

Kirilenko's 47 is iconic

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He's done it to himself

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
IT's been getting booed the whole game

I would feel bad for him if he hadn't talked poo poo about Kevin Love.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ghost Dog posted:

this is true regardless of how big the house is tho

haha like a family of giraffes

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

D-Rose is like "Hey man, we all gently caress up. Even me. Haha, not really, but seriously"

edit- If he'd done a psych like Neymar and pulled his hand away, IT would have just vanished into a puff of smoke.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Rose is grateful for IT because if IT weren't isolating himself from everyone they might take a second to wonder why Rose had to take a month off during the season to get married

it also helps that Rose is garbage now so he wasn't missed

edit:

the guy below me knows what's up. Trade LeBron to the Raptors or something stupid like that, launch IT into the sun and get more draft picks so next year a bunch of hot young guys can flail around while being mentored by Love

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

quote:

The franchise is doomed one way or the other but it's not worth it to give up more assets when there's literally a 1% chance this team wins another championship.

Trade everyone you can, recoup as much assets as you can. Either way dark, dark times await but they can be made less dark by making the intelligent decision and conceding this season

Thoughts?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I always thought David Robinson's 50 was the perfect player-to-number match. It's just a solid, thick, strong, good if slightly boring number that's rounded off, kind of like David's personality (and also his delts).

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

quote:

Trade the Brooklyn pick for Aaron Gordon. The Magic are taking offers. He’s a beast and only 22. He’s better and more developed than anyone who could be drafted at #8. It would be a win for both Gilbert and LeBron

quote:

I saw that rumor and came here to see if anyone had brought it up. Getting Gordon for the BKN pick, Cedi, IT, fillers or something. Not sure what combo we could come up with to make that work. I know they're going to be selling high and I'm not sure we have the pieces... However, one can dream. He fits our need for defense and is young and can score. He'd be an amazing fit alongside Love.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
The Pels playing a bunch of bench players on this second night of a back to back. I hope Diallo takes all of Cunningham's minutes going forward.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rose probably thought he was a kid who had some candy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I liked Blake Griffin’s standup set

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Denver takes out OKC and GSW in rapid succession. As that saiyan goes, "HOU's next?" and the answer is the Hornets, and then Houston.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/wrenwag/status/959983561783857152

Yikies

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
First Cleveland game I tuned in for this year. Yikes.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Gonna pair this pick with the one from the Lakers and trade for Towns!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Houston Rockets still have a very real chance at the #1 seed and I thought that was a pipe dream not long ago.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Charlz Guybon posted:

Gonna pair this pick with the one from the Lakers and trade for Towns!

Or Lou "6man" Williams

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

have we talked about how blake is wearing 23 in detroit and how dudes wearing 23 is just the chumpest thing possible

This is actually something dumb I’ve been wondering about - what is the most commonly/frequently worn number?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Maestro posted:

This is actually something dumb I’ve been wondering about - what is the most commonly/frequently worn number?

Mr. Mambold posted:

You ever see Shaq in Conan the Barbarian? The answer is always Wilt.

Wilt was in Conan the Destroyer though.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

So very many boos tonight in CLE. LBJ better be careful because he's coming dangerously close to a single digit scoring game before passing MJJ next month (or in April) for that streak record.

LBJ, Wilt and MJJ are the only guys with more 50+ games than 9- games. LBJ: 11 vs 8. MJJ 31 vs. 13. Wilt 118 vs. 74

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The franchise is doomed one way or the other but it's not worth it to give up more assets when there's literally a 1% chance this team wins another championship.

Thoughts?

1% is optimistic according to the latest projections.

Latest projections place their championship likelihood more in the .2 to .5% range. Basically an event that occurs once every 200-500 years.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/960013179291099136

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I watched that whole game and IT questioning anyone else's play is hilarious

I can't believe I once thought the Cavs won that trade

Also I'm enjoying the hell out of the reporter on the left doing her best not to roll her eyes. Instead her eyes are just kind of dead

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 4, 2018

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It's actually sort of pitiful watching IT get into the paint and then leave a layup short. Which he did, like, 8 times in the game tonight.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Marcus Smart makes Winning Basketball plays but I can see how they'd want an asset for him because he's such a possible liability in the playoffs. Watching him and Anthony Tolliver just make me think "play the right way" Where guys overcome their lack of athleticism and skills to impact the game. It's like that Zach Lowe Spurs article, the mangaement saying they just want "basketball players" ie guys who know what to do to win games.

I don't know what the celtics need other than Gordon Hayward to come back 100% healthy right now

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Just the man I expected to answer, and with a very unsatisfyingly boring answer to a stupid question. Thanks (not being sarcastic).

Why 12? Is there a common positional numbering system similar to soccer of which I’m unaware? I’m just forgetting about a superstar that wore 12 and inspired everybody else, aren’t I

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Just the man I expected to answer, and with a very unsatisfyingly boring answer to a stupid question. Thanks (not being sarcastic).

Why 12? Is there a common positional numbering system similar to soccer of which I’m unaware? I’m just forgetting about a superstar that wore 12 and inspired everybody else, aren’t I

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Rondo didn't want any of what Captain Kirk was promising to give that time.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

It's actually sort of pitiful watching IT get into the paint and then leave a layup short. Which he did, like, 8 times in the game tonight.

He looks like a completely different person from last season. That hip injury seems to have seriously hosed up his athletic ability

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it they may want to get rid of Smart so they can give his minutes to Rozier. He's a great rebounder for and he can obviously produce his own offense, which the Celtics desperately need.

Now, Smart is a great defender, but he just can't shoot.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it they may want to get rid of Smart so they can give his minutes to Rozier. He's a great rebounder for and he can obviously produce his own offense, which the Celtics desperately need.

Now, Smart is a great defender, but he just can't shoot.

What's Boston's biggest need, though? A secondary scorer, probably? Not sure that's an option for just Marcus Smart. Maybe they can get a good 3pt shooter for him, I dunno. I've no idea what a market for him would look like.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

The Maestro posted:

My probably wrong theory is that AAU jerseys come in numbers 1-12 and the biggest guy gets 12 and then all those guys are the guys making the NBA.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Zogo posted:

Wilt was in Conan the Destroyer though.

My point exactly. Wilt, Andre the Giant, Ahnold roll into any drat bar they want to. Drinks on the House. The only Conan Shaq will ever be in is Late Night Conan rolling with Charles Barkley. And I mean rolling.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

My point exactly. Wilt, Andre the Giant, Ahnold roll into any drat bar they want to. Drinks on the House. The only Conan Shaq will ever be in is Late Night Conan rolling with Charles Barkley. And I mean rolling.

On the other hand, Wilt didn't have a classic video game dedicated to his fighting prowess

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Bill Simmons with a trade proposal so bad it might be his worst ever.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/960203030158196737

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Is he drunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Why would the cavs do that? What the hell

• Locked thread