Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Get hype, it's Febayonettuary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQNWORoYZXI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just did the final? mission of Monster Hunter World's story and it was fun. Now the real game begins.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

I booted up shadow of the Colossus again and wound up playing it for 4 hours and finishing it for the uhhh 5th time in my life. The finale still makes me tear up

Please... I'm trying to wait very patiently for midnight Tuesday

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

I booted up shadow of the Colossus again and wound up playing it for 4 hours and finishing it for the uhhh 5th time in my life. The finale still makes me tear up
it's a fantastic game

wander did nothing wrong

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Expect My Mom posted:

it's a fantastic game

wander did nothing wrong

except your mom :grin:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never learned how to do that cool strat on the knight colossus where you jump as he lifts up his sword and you end up going flying in the air towards him.

It's a real cool strat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Just did the final? mission of Monster Hunter World's story and it was fun. Now the real game begins.

I just finished hunting ??? rathian tracks how far along am i in the story?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I just finished hunting ??? rathian tracks how far along am i in the story?

Farther than I am, actually. What I thought was the final mission was apparently not.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Real hurthling! posted:

The supposed dlc list is leaked and its mostly movie villains and base form goku/vegeta

They kinda painted themselves into a corner on regular people getting in the game by making flight and vanish into universal mechanics. Yamcha vanishing is already a stretch

Nobody actually cares about accuracy or continuity in Dragon Ball though, not even Toriyama.

Bring in Enma imo, game needs some more big dudes. I'm working on a Nappa / 16 / Majin Boo big boy team.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Farther than I am, actually. What I thought was the final mission was apparently not.

Not even close

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

me: oh poo poo demon souls online features going away at the end of the month now's the time to finally finish!

*get wrecked by a single rolling skeleton 30 seconds in*

Alright, 2017 backlog it is.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is your last opportunity to have someone break all your gear with the scraping spear though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apparently the only thing breaking at the moment is the game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope anybody playing the digital downloaded version of demon's souls on their ps3 online has better luck than i did in having the game not lag to hell for no apparent reason

online does that, to the digital version of des, for some reason. it starts off unnoticeable and slowly gets so bad it makes you wonder if your system is melting

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Okay I was making good headway into 2-1 until the game wigged the gently caress out and crashed after sounding like a skipping audio cd. Like whole walls in the geometry were disappearing and reforming like a level in Bastion.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

Okay I was making good headway into 2-1 until the game wigged the gently caress out and crashed after sounding like a skipping audio cd. Like whole walls in the geometry were disappearing and reforming like a level in Bastion.

yeah uh

this is because the game is connected online

like literally, i had issues with the game slowly freaking out, and it only happened when it connected to the online. the times it ran fine, where when i could verify that it for whatever reason did not connect but also did not tell me. game lagging? press select to see if you can set messages for other players and yep, you can. game not lagging after several hours? whoops, looks like select does nothing

the only fix when it does happen is to just quit to title and load back in, that at least resets it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 4, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

yeah uh

this is because the game is connected online

like literally, i had issues with the game slowly freaking out, and it only happened when it connected to the online. the times it ran fine, where when i could verify that it for whatever reason did not connect but also did not tell me. game lagging? press select to see if you can set messages for other players and yep, you can. game not lagging after several hours? whoops, looks like select does nothing

the only fix when it does happen is to just quit to title and load back in, that at least resets it

Thanks for the heads up. I just moved on to Deadly Premonition, another game I left half finished. DS will wait for now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The run back to Logarius in Blood borne is the worst. Once I fell off the roof just trying to get there, I realized I have completely lost focus and should probably call it a night

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been playing FFXII. It’s... fun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

And as soon as I complained about it on the internet I beat him on the next run.

This always works

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The run back to Logarius in Blood borne is the worst. Once I fell off the roof just trying to get there, I realized I have completely lost focus and should probably call it a night

No that's when you keep pushing until you ascend to perfection and kill the boss without taking a hit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

And as soon as I complained about it on the internet I beat him on the next run.

This always works

it's important to take breaks, even very minor ones, when you start tilting!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
before: no weed

after: smoking weed and thinking "i bet i can do a super ghouls and ghosts still sprite of this character"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:heysexy:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Whoever posted the ADGQ Bloodborne run in here, thank you it's awesome and shits all over the previous Bloodborne Any% run where the guy was hopeless at explaining anything and the run was 90% of the v1 loading screen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any% BB sucks because they patched out the biggest skips so yeah it's mostly staring at the 1.0 loading screens.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i hope anybody playing the digital downloaded version of demon's souls on their ps3 online has better luck than i did in having the game not lag to hell for no apparent reason

online does that, to the digital version of des, for some reason. it starts off unnoticeable and slowly gets so bad it makes you wonder if your system is melting

I played the entirety of DeS on the digital version and never had anything like that happen to me. Is this a recent thing?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I find Celeste's pixel graphics and hi res menus incredibly clashing. One or the other please.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Whoever posted the ADGQ Bloodborne run in here, thank you it's awesome and shits all over the previous Bloodborne Any% run where the guy was hopeless at explaining anything and the run was 90% of the v1 loading screen

That was me and yeah it owns. It was one of the first runs I watched from this year's agdq and kind of ruined the other ones because the guy doing it just owns.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I can't bother watching GDQ these days but that runner was good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The way he just kind of doot doots around and effortlessly owns Father Glascgione in like 20 seconds made me feel really inadequate as a gamer.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I played the entirety of DeS on the digital version and never had anything like that happen to me. Is this a recent thing?

It happened to me just last night on the physical version so I’m going to say it’s recent.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The way he just kind of doot doots around and effortlessly owns Father Glascgione in like 20 seconds made me feel really inadequate as a gamer.

I like how that whole run was half the time it took me just to get out of Central Yharnam the second time I played the game, and 6% of the time it took me on my first playthrough

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's always easy to run past enemies in Soulsborne games, you just have to know where you're going because if you stop to look around or collect items you're dead

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean, I'm going to say the majority of the time in both my runs was spent fighting bosses.

I think I spent an hour and a half last night fighting Logarius. 30 minutes of that was probably just running to him

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i died to logarius the requisite couple of times of any dark souls boss to learn his moveset but i never had a huge problem with him, and he became my go to boss for farming souls as a co-op phantom because people were always looking for help with him

the real trick is when he starts to power up halfway through the fight to get in his grill and backstab him/beat the poo poo out of him to cancel it out, artorias style

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't remember the runback being all that oppressive either, the worst part was the dart person getting in a lucky shot to your rear end while you're climbing that ladder and knocking you off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The most annoying part is you're guaranteed to take a little bit of fall damage on the roofs.

• Locked thread